Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS  (Read 27306 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2006, 08:13:32 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and I've already learned that I am an insufferable bore.  How did I learn this?  Because I received an e-mail this morning through this very site, and the e-mail said and I quote - "Why are you such an insufferable bore?"  This e-mail was, of course, not signed.  I think an equally interesting question would be "Why do you read this site if you find its proprietor an insufferable bore?"  Wouldn't that mean that the anonymous person who wrote the e-mail is an insufferable twit?  In any case, I think one hasn't achieved anything if he/she can't be called an insufferable bore by an insufferable twit every now and then.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

More MSN mystery:  it's happening again.  Obviously I've been here today, but when I looked at the history in the URL window, all that was there were two URLs from yesterday, page 4 and page 6.  Nothing from today.  I had to continually hit the back button to get back here.  Is this just the way MSN works?  Enquiring minds want to know......
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2006, 08:16:52 AM »

BK, I think you should publish the email address of said twit.  That way we can all email him/her and engage him/her in the sparkling repartee to which they evidently think they're accustomed.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2006, 08:18:27 AM »

I'm up, I'm up, and I've already learned that I am an insufferable bore.  How did I learn this?  Because I received an e-mail this morning through this very site, and the e-mail said and I quote - "Why are you such an insufferable bore?"  This e-mail was, of course, not signed.  I think an equally interesting question would be "Why do you read this site if you find its proprietor an insufferable bore?"  Wouldn't that mean that the anonymous person who wrote the e-mail is an insufferable twit?  In any case, I think one hasn't achieved anything if he/she can't be called an insufferable bore by an insufferable twit every now and then.

And there was no return address to the email?  I'm quite jealous. I receive death threats, but never accusations of being boring.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2006, 08:20:11 AM »

Actually, Dear Friend BK, I think you should publish the return address or "nom de crime" of the sender and we can all send suggestions for painless methods of suicide.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2006, 08:23:15 AM »

Who would send such an email?  If you don't like the site, don't read it!

Gee Wiz on Rye!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2006, 08:26:06 AM »

And there was no return address to the email?  I'm quite jealous. I receive death threats, but never accusations of being boring.

Shame on anyone who would send you death theats or say you were boring.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2006, 08:27:35 AM »

Perhaps I will publish the e-mail address.  It was from AOL, someone named bgdk something or other.  If those initials stand for what I think they stand for it's a very appropriate name for the person.

JMK

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2006, 08:28:22 AM »

Actually, Dear Friend BK, I think you should publish the return address or "nom de crime" of the sender and we can all send suggestions for painless methods of suicide.

Well now I guess we know two people who don't read my posts.   ;D

And with the recent Supreme Court ruling in favor of Oregon, we can simply bring said twit here and indulge in some extremely assisted suicide.   ;D

One last MSN vs. AOL anomaly:  on AOL in the URL history, the day's HHW posts are by title (e.g., today it would say WORDS, WORDS, etc.).  On MSN, it's only a URL, with the thread ID (e.g., today is 912).  Weird.

Danise

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2006, 08:31:03 AM »

Hate to say it but I'm off to get ready for the show.  I want to get to downtown Tampa at least a good hour before it in case I have trouble finding a parking space and I have a stop or two to make before I head down that way.

Laters all!  Have a wonderful afternoon!  
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 08:32:14 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2006, 08:31:03 AM »

BK, do a Google search on the email address.  Do both a web seach and a groups search.  Maybe that will reveal the skunk's identity.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Danise

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2006, 08:33:02 AM »

Oh!

And try not to be boring while I'm gone!

;) :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2006, 08:33:31 AM »

Yesterday, DearReader Laura asked how things are going for Peggy.

I'm very glad to say that der Brucer will be taking her to her new family today.  I'll be at work when this happens, so I won't have a teary goodbye, just a farewell hug just before I go out the door.  We really feel good about this match, as does the family.

We may not have much time to reflect on her being gone, however.  The Dalmatian Rescue Group that matched us with Fletcher has intervened with a puppy mill.  Der B and I still aren't sure how many Dal pups were rescued, just that they are all malnourished and abused.  So, we just may have the patter of little paws in our house again, along with the pack that already shares their lives with us.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2006, 08:34:47 AM »

Good morning!

Beautiful day here with mostly blue skies and temps going into the low 60s. Sheer heaven for January.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2006, 08:35:21 AM »

Competitive running - not a sport it is that I enjoy.  Yes, I track shun.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2006, 08:38:19 AM »

Today is Blueberry Pancake Day!

(Not recommended as a make-up base.)

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2006, 08:39:19 AM »

I do not understand the rationale for hateful words leveled at someone for being himself. No one is forced to come here or read what anyone has to say, so that anonymous e-mail writer seems to have tremendous psychological problems that the pen name only hints at (and is probably the antithesis of at least in the physical sense).

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2006, 08:41:38 AM »

Good news! SYRIANA is still playing at my local theater (only two shows per day alternating with THE PRODUCERS), so either on Monday or Tuesday, I'd like to see it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2006, 08:42:27 AM »

My response to BgDkUWS@aol.com:

Thank you for your query.   I think an equally interesting question would be, "Why do you read a website when you find its proprietor an insufferable bore?"  Doesn't that make you an insufferable twit for doing so?  I think an equally interesting question would be, "Why don't you have the courage of your convictions and sign your name, rather than just being insufferably anonymous?  But, it's much easier to write these pithy e-mails anonymously, isn't it?  That's the Internet for you.

I passed on your comment to my readers, several of them wish to write you.  So I'll just pass on your insufferable e-mail address to them.

Thanks for writing, and do keep enjoying the site.  I give you my word that I will continue to strive to be the best insufferable bore that I can be.  I wouldn't want to let you down.

bk

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2006, 08:43:31 AM »

Looking forward to the Faye Dunaway/CSI episode today, too. I should be able to see it as I'm eating lunch (and hope that all of her plastic work doesn't make me lose my appetite).

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2006, 08:45:36 AM »

And speaking of lunch, I need to go down now and start prepping same.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2006, 08:46:57 AM »

I quick google of that e-mail address reveals two posts made in 2004 - one to rec.arts.theatre.musicals and one to alt.showbizz.gossip.  I suspect it's one of those broadwayworld idiots who used to give me a hard time, or some musical theater queen with too much time on his hands.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2006, 08:51:23 AM »

Great news about Peggy, DRSWW!

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2006, 08:52:18 AM »

BgDk probably got an email response saying that his email was not delivered, so he is probably very surprised to hear from you.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2006, 08:52:26 AM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2006, 08:53:08 AM »

DR JMK - downloading (small) the Mozilla Firefox browser should help you out.  It's much faster to use than MSN.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2006, 08:54:44 AM »

Read and download Here:

http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Stephanie

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2006, 09:01:17 AM »

Nice reply, BK.  Maybe it was one of those critics that you critiqued after opening weekend?   ;D

Stephanie

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2006, 09:02:04 AM »

I quick google of that e-mail address reveals two posts made in 2004 - one to rec.arts.theatre.musicals and one to alt.showbizz.gossip.  I suspect it's one of those broadwayworld idiots who used to give me a hard time, or some musical theater queen with too much time on his hands.

One of my friends at work often says, "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog."  No offense to real dogs and dog-lovers.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2006, 09:03:15 AM »

I think what I have ascertained is that it is one of those DataLounge queens, you know, the ones that do love to trash both me and HHW with comments taken out of context and that sort of thing.  According to them I'm one of the most horrible people who ever walked the face of the earth.  And I'm jiggy with that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up