Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS  (Read 28335 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2006, 12:19:22 PM »

TPunk, whose avatar always makes me smile, we saw Syrianna?

Jose and Ron I like Miss Vicky’s BBQ chips.

Stephanie we have autographed Star Trek cards in a lovely frame with a photo of the Enterprise.

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2006, 12:19:23 PM »

And speaking of Ebay...it is time for me to peruse it right now (in my case Ebay has only added excitement to the hunt as it has assisted me in finding items I would never have been able to find otherwise).

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2006, 12:20:36 PM »

MBarnum??  insufferable??? NAH!!!!  LOL
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2006, 12:22:31 PM »

This calls for a Joi Lansing page 4 dance!

Jane

« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2006, 12:23:29 PM »

Ann-LOL

Jane

« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2006, 12:24:09 PM »

MBarnum??  insufferable??? NAH!!!!  LOL

Cute, YES!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »

DR Elmore, I appreciated your comments about the show Passions. You echo how so many feel about the show. The man who writes Passions also Writes Days and they have destoryed that show.

It gives me a place to focus all my anger and rage on.  It should be retitled "40 egocentric idiots in a room shouting about nothing," and the writing is so pathetic that every character changes moods, attitudes, mentality and sex at the writers' whims.  While I find the supernatural elements quite funny (Charity's closet being the door to hell, for instance), I find it's Catholic mentality in a fictional town founded by puritan immigrants from the 17th Century who probably left England to avoid the Catholic Church and it's refusal to face much late 20th Century reality (the "Big boss" running a city through his corruption to a leading lady - so utterly demented as a stalker and would-be killer - roaming around free of asylum, prison or straightjacket) out of touch.  It's also the gayest show on tv:  several of the women act like drag queens in heat.  I catch it about twice a week, and it amazes me by its utter stupidity.  I can't tell if it's the writing, the bad acting, the bad facelifts, or if it's deliberately designed to be off-kilter.  I suspect it's the bad writing.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 12:29:39 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2006, 12:30:19 PM »

I have never even heard of DataLounge.  It must be part of that gay agenda that nobody told me about.

It has been mentioned on a few boards I have lucked on for the soaps and abc telly shows. It is a rather NASTy site....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2006, 12:37:19 PM »

It gives me a place to focus all my anger and rage on.  It should be retitled "40 egocentric idiots in a room shouting about nothing," and the writing is so pathetic that every character changes moods, attitudes, mentality and sex at the writers' whims.  While I find the supernatural elements quite funny (Charity's closet being the door to hell, for instance), I find it's Catholic mentality in a fictional town founded by puritan immigrants from the 17th Century who probably left England to avoid the Catholic Church and it's refusal to face much late 20th Century reality (the "Big boss" running a city through his corruption to a leading lady - so utterly demented as a stalker and would-be killer - roaming around free of asylum, prison or straightjacket) out of touch.  It's also the gayest show on tv:  several of the women act like drag queens in heat.  I catch it about twice a week, and it amazes me by its utter stupidity.  I can't tell if it's the writing, the bad acting, the bad facelifts, or if it's deliberately designed to be off-kilter.  I suspect it's the bad writing.

(((((((ELMOOOREE)))))))))))))))))

I could not agree more with you. I have read better written fanfcition than what Reilly has written. A soap opera is a character driven story that focuses on family, angst, romance, mystery and adventure....

No plot gimmicks as this man likes to write, no viewer payback. Elmoore, they even had an orangutan at one time on the show.

What Reilly has done to Days is deplorable. It was once a relatively well written show back in the late 80s and 90s but Langan and Reilly have contributed to the demise of the show. Days had a demonic possession storyline back in the 90s.

I actually feel sorry for the actors that have to act this trash....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2006, 12:38:41 PM »

It has been mentioned on a few boards I have lucked on for the soaps and abc telly shows. It is a rather NASTy site....

They write the most slanderous things, quite possibly untrue since they're all founded on tacky gossip, and sign themselves Anonymous for protection.  I've been attacked there for being an Acolyte.  I didn't know what one was until I became one.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2006, 12:39:33 PM »

BK has a member of his play that has a birthday tomorrow.....

Happy Birthday Matthew Ashford!!!

Actually his birthday is tomorrow but I an not sure I am going to get back on later...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 12:40:26 PM by DakotaCelt »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2006, 12:43:10 PM »

TPunk, whose avatar always makes me smile, we saw Syrianna?

Jose and Ron I like Miss Vicky’s BBQ chips.

Stephanie we have autographed Star Trek cards in a lovely frame with a photo of the Enterprise.

I like TPunks avvie also.... Very lively!!!

I like Mrs. Poore's Garlic and Parmesan chips

Ron, we have the dill pickle chips here....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2006, 12:45:50 PM »

Our postman is late today.  I just went outside to see if I could see his cart up the street and ran smack into Bobby Cannavale.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2006, 12:46:30 PM »

We actually have three birthdays to celebrate tomorrow - Matt's, and then our stage manager and associate producer's (on Monday, but we'll celebrate tomorrow).

I received a response from BgDkUWS.  He told me he doesn't read the site and only came here for the e-mail address.  He says he e-mailed me because of my 3000-somethingist arrogant post on All That Chat.  I went over and looked at my recent two postings, neither of which I would categorize as "arrogant".  I told him if he wanted to have a serious chat about what his deal is that I'd be happy to oblige.  I suspect that won't be happening (and do we not really think he's reading this right now?).  I now know that he's one of two people who continually come after me any time I post factual information on ATC.  He also said that since I'd made his e-mail public, he was going to make mine available to "his" readers - so it's either datalounge or this really reprehensible and inane knockoff of ATC called That's All Chat.  As I said, it's all these broadwayworld guys who got annoyed with me at the time Juliana was posting her journal and they were deriding it mercilessly - I had the bad form to stick up for a friend of mine.  Terrible that.

At least we know who were playing with now.  And I'm jiggy with that.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2006, 12:46:46 PM »

They write the most slanderous things, quite possibly untrue since they're all founded on tacky gossip, and sign themselves Anonymous for protection.  I've been attacked there for being an Acolyte.  I didn't know what one was until I became one.

They are worse than coffeerooms..... Coffeerooms does not win any prizes in my book.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2006, 12:49:35 PM »

We actually have three birthdays to celebrate tomorrow - Matt's, and then our stage manager and associate producer's (on Monday, but we'll celebrate tomorrow).

I received a response from BgDkUWS.  He told me he doesn't read the site and only came here for the e-mail address.  He says he e-mailed me because of my 3000-somethingist arrogant post on All That Chat.  I went over and looked at my recent two postings, neither of which I would categorize as "arrogant".  I told him if he wanted to have a serious chat about what his deal is that I'd be happy to oblige.  I suspect that won't be happening (and do we not really think he's reading this right now?).  I now know that he's one of two people who continually come after me any time I post factual information on ATC.  He also said that since I'd made his e-mail public, he was going to make mine available to "his" readers - so it's either datalounge or this really reprehensible and inane knockoff of ATC called That's All Chat.  As I said, it's all these broadwayworld guys who got annoyed with me at the time Juliana was posting her journal and they were deriding it mercilessly - I had the bad form to stick up for a friend of mine.  Terrible that.

At least we know who were playing with now.  And I'm jiggy with that.

BK, you are a cool prson in my book and good for you to stick up for a freind...

A group of Matt's fans sent matt a treat yesterday... Hopefully he liked it...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2006, 12:52:13 PM »

Had a tiny chat with Mr. Chamberlain - told him I knew Jack Lee (his musical director on My Fair Lady), and that we'd almost recorded the revival.  He seemed almost automaton-like, but that's how it gets at these shows sometimes.  I bought his book.  He had no line today at all (the line had moved to Mr. Tab Hunter).  Mr. Chamberlain was probably the most expensive celeb there - thirty bucks for ANY autograph, whether on a photo, or anything that the people brought.  One guy had about ten things with him, so he spent a cool three hundred.   They charged forty for the book - a softcover.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2006, 12:53:46 PM »

I'm sure he was happy to get it.  I'll say this: He was nibbling on its contents (fresh fruit) before the show, at intermission, and after the show.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2006, 12:54:00 PM »

I forgot to mention that i took the children out for ice cream last night for a multiple celebration.  First of all, to celebrate son Jed's new job.  Secondly, to celebrate daughter Ann's fortunate excape from the evil people at her former job.  And finally, of course, to celebrate the Seahawks trip to the Super Bowl next week.**

** I should point out that Ann was the only one of us that cared at all, about the Super Bowl or the Seahawks, but we felt we had to humor her.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 01:00:52 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2006, 01:08:49 PM »

DR Sandra is out of chips for her chips 'n' frosting, so she is substituting cauliflower.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »

Off to ge meet some friends for a brithday party....

We are watching Music Man tonight......

Continued broken leg vibes for the play tonight...

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2006, 01:25:30 PM »

I've been back about an hour from my lovely afternoon at Beau Verre/Riordan Studios.  They do beautiful stained glass work and have refurbished a rundown corner building (the G. C. Murphy store, DR elmore) in downtown Middletown.  Unfortunately, the place across the street where we'd planned to have lunch was closed, so we ended up having sandwiches at Quiznos.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Stephanie

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2006, 01:41:25 PM »

Jane, that is very cool.  Of course, I've always preferred Star Wars to Star Trek, but between my Dad and my husband, I've grown a fondness for Star Trek.  Not enough to show up dressed like a Vulcan at a convention, but I've enjoyed the shows.  Voyager was my favorite.  Couldn't get into Enterprise, though.  As much as I love Scott Bakula, he just wasn't enough to keep me interested in that series.  

Stephanie

Stephanie

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2006, 01:42:39 PM »

I'm sure he was happy to get it.  I'll say this: He was nibbling on its contents (fresh fruit) before the show, at intermission, and after the show.

I'm glad he got it and liked it.  I do hope he at least shared a little.  It's my understanding the thing was big enough to feed 15 to 20 people!   ;D

Steph

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2006, 01:57:58 PM »

I saw Tammy eating some strawberries, so, yes, I think he was sharing it.

Jane

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2006, 02:22:06 PM »

Ginny the studio does look lovely.

DRLaura, cauliflower and frosting is healthier than chips and frosting.  Hmmm what can you do to get Sandra to substitute the frosting for a healthier topping? ;D  Are you reading this Sandra? :)

Stephanie I know what you mean about Scott Bakula, such a shame.  When the show originally aired we couldn’t receive it on a station with a decent picture.  Lately we have been watching re-runs.  I’m not so sure it was Scott as much as the writing or the rest of the cast.

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2006, 02:40:38 PM »

Do not read if you didn't watch this week's episode of SMALLVILLE.  

DR MattH, I started reading your SMALLVILLE review, but stopped after the words "sad".  You should have put spoiler space but luckily i stopped reading quickly.

At my sister's house last night my dad was like "did you see smallville ... the death" and i screamed out "DO NOT TALK ABOUT THIS I DID NOT WATCH IT Y ET".  And my sis was like, "it was all over the news that this would happen".  I had no idea.  And I watch most previews and hear about things.

At least I don't know who died. Although I'm guessing it's not lois, or his parents, or lex. :)  Anyhow no harm done. But my dad is notorious for blabbing things.  Even when i scream out "stop talking!" he still continues on!

Going to watch Veronica Mars now.

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2006, 02:45:01 PM »

Hmmm I used to watch DAYS many moons ago (it must have been the 80s).  But I have to watched it for many many years.  But I do watch The Young and The Restless, which i love.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2006, 02:55:42 PM »

Off to the movies.  As DR Matt H tells us, WBBL.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2006, 03:12:26 PM »

I say we are all a bunch of insufferable bores. And pretty darn nice ones.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up