Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS  (Read 27311 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WORDS, WORDS, AND MORE WORDS
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2006, 09:04:19 AM »

And, of course, the datalounge queens are the broadwayworld queens.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2006, 09:04:43 AM »

And I'm jiggy with that.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #62 on: January 28, 2006, 09:05:49 AM »

One of my friends at work often says, "On the Internet, no one knows you're a dog."  No offense to real dogs and dog-lovers.
"Woof!" *wag*
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: January 28, 2006, 09:12:06 AM »

LOL....

Off to work at the lovely World of Wisdom.  Back this evening.  Everyone have a great day!

Danise will soon be enjoying WICKED!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2006, 09:12:29 AM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: January 28, 2006, 09:13:37 AM »

Off to my luncheon and stained glass studio tour.  Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: January 28, 2006, 09:26:15 AM »

Re:  No one on the internet knows you're a dog.  That is exactly what one of the Wikipedia "experts" leveled at me when I kept insisting I had neither the expertise nor the will (not to mention the time) to "clone" an admin ID, which is one of the many spurious things of which they accused me.  Of course, they also insisted that I was not Jeffrey Kauffman and had not written "Shedding Light on Shadowland," and, as Dr. Phil would say, that dog won't bark, LOL.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2006, 09:44:04 AM »

TOD:

I used to collect a lot of different stuff--toys, books, LPs, musical theatre memorabilia, but not as much anymore.  For one thing, there's not much room left to display things.  And for another, I have to say that, as much as I love eBay, it's sort of taken away the thrill of the chase and the celebration of the find for me.  It's more rare than not that I look for something on the site and it's not being offered by someone in some sort of condition or other.  Just about everything is obtainable, depending on how vigilant you are and how much you are willing to pay.

But I am still grateful for eBay.  It was there that I found my most cherished collectible--the Tony Award medallion won by Alexis Smith for FOLLIES.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2006, 09:59:12 AM »

I shall now be on my way to do some errands and then to the Ray Courts show.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2006, 10:38:18 AM »

And now for something completely different....

Not for the squeamish.   ::)

How does one become so bunny-phobic that such a series of very strange cartoon panels become an obsession?

It's funny...but it's SO wierd.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2006, 10:41:24 AM »

I wasn't quite sure what to make of the "BgdK" that Bruce first mentioned.

Then, seeing the address with the capital "D" told me all I needed to know...it's someone with very low self-esteem overcompensating with the "BgDk" nomenclature.

Sad, that.

And still deliriously funny that he thinks people might believe it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 10:42:08 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2006, 10:43:03 AM »

P.S.  BK, it might also be one of your "fans" from FSM Messageboard...incognito, of course.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 10:43:25 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2006, 10:48:56 AM »

Collectibles:

Theatrical window cards, my most prized of which are "Mack and Mabel, " "DreamGirls" and "A Little Night Music" (all originals in near-mint condition).

Movie posters, my most prized being linen-backed one-sheets of "Mutiny on the Bounty," "Demetrius and the Gladiators", and "The Egyptian", plus the British quad of "Cleopatra" and the half sheet of "There's No Business Like Show Business."

I also collect lobby cards -- full sets on some movie titles, but title cards on most.  I also collect still sets...having to build them from individual still sales on eBay is the fun of it!!

I have numerous autographed stills, and signatures on things such as hotel registers, checks, etc.  My main target is film composers, many of which are autographed copies of books (Mancini, Tiomkin), signed contracts (Hugo Friedhofer, Jerome Moross, Lionel Newman), and photos of composers conducting their music.

I truly don't have room to store these treasures, but I have them and much, much more...and cannot imagine what will become of them should I drop dead!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2006, 10:53:13 AM »

BgDkUWS@aol.com.....I have concluded that the phantom e-mailer is someone from the University of West Sydney who fancies himself to have a BgDk  

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2006, 11:09:56 AM »

Dan (the man), I agree that the internet has taken away the joy of the hunt.  Mostly, in the closing of stores of the independent operators.  I love to walk into a musty old shop and sleuth the stacks of the merchandise for discoveries.

Tomovoz

« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2006, 11:21:57 AM »

Nice try Ann but there is no "au" at the end of the address. (nor a University of West Sydney). The bgDK would indeed be a "Fancy" and not a reality. LOL
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2006, 11:46:05 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]SPOILER ALERT:     Dancing with the Stars[/move]

I’m so glad that P is finely gone.  The final nail in the coffin was when they said he was only putting in 20 hours a week when the other were doing over 60.
I also think that George will be the next to go.  

DR Danise, the host said P had done 20 HOURS TOTAL IN THE 5 WEEKS.  20 hours per week would have been good. She said he had done 20 hours total while the others had done 130 hours.

I was really happy too.  But I think the show manipulated the audience into voting him out.  But I don't mind!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2006, 11:51:47 AM »

DR DtM - "...the end of Ricoh...."   LOL :)

Sure is.  ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2006, 12:03:20 PM »

TOD:  
I collect: orchestra, opera, ballet, operetta and musical theatre scores
             musical theatre books, libretti, histories, bios
             souvenir programs, occasional playbills

Because of the BABES IN TOYLAND project, I've been collecting ephemera on the original production; photos never turn up, but I have a beautful program from the original production at the Majestic Theatre in New York at Columbus Circle which I will give to the NYPL Theatre Collection since all their original programs have turned to dust.  I also have three programs from the Chicago Grand Opera House, where the show began in 1903; two programs are from the original summer run of 1903 and one from the September 1904 return tour.  I've also got programs for BABES from the St Louis Muny, a disco production by the Weisslers, a California rewrite by Toby Bluth, a 1929 Broadway revival, a few other places, and I'm still collecting.  Through eBay, I've managed to find all three editions of the early vocal scores for BABES, a few 1903-1904 newspaper clippings, and a great Jan-June 1905 theatre scrapbook of New York entertainment covering opera, theatre, vaudeville, etc. with great clippngs and photos.

I also look out for other memorabilia on Victor Herbert, Jerome Kern, and actors and staff for all the shows the project I'm on is researching.            

elmore3003, I always forget, was it the 1903 or the 1904 production of BABES IN TOYLAND the first one you attended?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2006, 12:07:38 PM »

Good morning, all!  I'm not moving very energetically this morning and I slept quite late. Last night I had a wonderful visit with DR Ben and Anthony, catching up on all the gossip and seeing the photos of their Christmas vacation to Ireland and Cardiff.  They are quite wonderful hosts, and evening passed too quickly.

Today, I have few plans, so perhaps I'll finally tidy up this place and make another pass at getting my income tax receipts in order.  Charlotte wants to see TRISTAN AND ISOLDE tonight, so I need to ascertain where and what its showtimes are.

I am wary aobut seeing the movie after seeing the rendition from the early 80s that had Kate Mulgrew as Icolde. Then on the other hand the modern version for the legend might be fun to see.

Just had an discussion with a friend concerning  this interpretation of the Celtic legend...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2006, 12:08:25 PM »

Thank you to the DRs who recommended the very amusing "Shaun Of The Dead". (Rodzinski or Jed perhaps!).

I concurred with the recommendation.  I'm pleased you enjoyed it and great news the rain has continued.

DRLaura I will gladly send you some of our rain.  I’m sure up North they are even more willing than I am.

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2006, 12:09:34 PM »

Congratulations BK! I have been called insufferable and a bore, but never both at the same time...well, not out loud anyway! LOL!

It would seem to be rather childish to send such an e-mail to you, I would think.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2006, 12:09:51 PM »

elmore3003, I always forget, was it the 1903 or the 1904 production of BABES IN TOYLAND the first one you attended?

You should know; I used your ticket because your were busy with one of the Barrymores.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2006, 12:10:02 PM »

My response to BgDkUWS@aol.com:

Thank you for your query.   I think an equally interesting question would be, "Why do you read a website when you find its proprietor an insufferable bore?"  Doesn't that make you an insufferable twit for doing so?  I think an equally interesting question would be, "Why don't you have the courage of your convictions and sign your name, rather than just being insufferably anonymous?  But, it's much easier to write these pithy e-mails anonymously, isn't it?  That's the Internet for you.

I passed on your comment to my readers, several of them wish to write you.  So I'll just pass on your insufferable e-mail address to them.

Thanks for writing, and do keep enjoying the site.  I give you my word that I will continue to strive to be the best insufferable bore that I can be.  I wouldn't want to let you down.

bk

Well, the Screen Name, alone, let's me off the hook!
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2006, 12:11:30 PM »

DR Elmore, I appreciated your comments about the show Passions. You echo how so many feel about the show. The man who writes Passions also Writes Days and they have destoryed that show.

DR. Ben thank you for sharing your pics of Dublin and Cardiff.

DR DRLaura, I hope you get rain soon.

Greetings to one and all..

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2006, 12:14:15 PM »

Congratulations BK! I have been called insufferable and a bore, but never both at the same time...well, not out loud anyway! LOL!

It would seem to be rather childish to send such an e-mail to you, I would think.

DR MBarnum, you are never insufferable or boring.  Crazy, yes, and definitely eccentric, but ever a gentleman and gentle man.  I sent Bgdk an email and told him to join us.  I doubt he will.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2006, 12:14:39 PM »

Shame on anyone who would send you death theats or say you were boring.  

BK has a sparkling personality!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2006, 12:15:56 PM »

I think what I have ascertained is that it is one of those DataLounge queens, you know, the ones that do love to trash both me and HHW with comments taken out of context and that sort of thing.  According to them I'm one of the most horrible people who ever walked the face of the earth.  And I'm jiggy with that.

I have never even heard of DataLounge.  It must be part of that gay agenda that nobody told me about.
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2006, 12:17:17 PM »

I have many items that would be considered collectables, that are quite precious to me, if not anyone else.

I have lots of nifty novelty salt and pepper shakers from the 30s, 40s, 50s, and 60s...and then there is my collection of June Kenney memorablia.

Probably my best buy was an autographed show pamphlet from Joi Lansing's nightclub program in the 1960s. Her autograph is not easy to find...and actually I have never seen it offered before.

Throughout the 1990s I wrote to many vintage celebrities and sent photos for them to autograph. Many came back signed, some with wonderful letters...many from people who are long gone now such as Myrna Loy, Fay Wray, Lillian Gish.

I have not really ever bought something just because it was collectable...only because I enjoyed it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2006, 12:18:22 PM »

BgDkUWS@aol.com.....I have concluded that the phantom e-mailer is someone from the University of West Sydney who fancies himself to have a BgDk  

Good interpretation.... Mine would not have been as nice...

Ann, goodluck on getting a better job. It is sad they treated you in that way...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up