Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BRIGHT AND EARLY  (Read 19080 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:BRIGHT AND EARLY
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2006, 09:32:44 AM »

Interesting GREASE story, Jose. I was recently thinking how our local high schools did PIPPIN when I was a kid, and I doubt they would get away with it today.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2006, 09:33:38 AM »

Having sat through some of the trash I've sent you, MBarnum? The karmic balance is still in YOUR favor!

Hey if it wasn't for you I wouldn't have this new appreciation for all things Arch Hall Jr.....oh, wait! I see what you mean.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2006, 09:45:21 AM »

No comedy team was funnier than Hope and Crosby in their prime during the Road picture days.

Speaking of Bright and Early what happened to that other team Dim and Late...Donald Dim and Lonsdale Late, also known as Donnie and Lonnie, who blatantly ripped off Bright and Early's  brilliant Eat My Muffin routine with their sadder, dirtier imitation called Pet My Poodle?

BK, do the Olympics impact anything anymore?  I sorta thought interest in their televised antics went the way of space flights and the Miss America pageant?  I won't be watching the Olympics.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 02:20:12 PM by Charles Pogue »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2006, 10:40:56 AM »

No snow yet

that is all
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2006, 10:43:26 AM »

Bode Miller -- he looks like a younger Russell Crowe.  With his directness about any issue put to him, the press are playing up the "bad boy" image.

Olympic Gold is Olympic Gold.  It yields HUGE dividends for the athletes who sign contracts afterward.

This year, the USA has fielded its strongest team ever.  Sports remain HUGE in the USA no matter how dissociative we become in our dotage!  For every individual declaring he or she "won't" be watching, there will be untold numbers of new fans glued to their TV sets.  I know my loss of interest in football hasn't hurt that sport one bit.  I still can't get over how it takes three-plus hours to play a 60-minute game.  Time is short and I've wasted enough of it on football!!!  :D

I've read on Yahoo this morning that Michelle Kwan is quoted as saying she may withdraw.  Actually, she had a scary first practice and left the ice 15 minutes before her time was up.    The reporter read all kinds of bad news into this because Kwan had fallen on a triple jump.  He (or she) asked her if she would pull out.   Michelle answered that if she doesn't feel she is able to perform, she will.  But that's what Kwan has said all along.  She said that today she was feeling stiff and attributed that to the flight and the march of athletes last night.  Coupled with the absence of her coach (who provides psychological support, as well) at the rink, she worried she might aggravate the condition that had kept her from competing at Nationals.

Until the announcement comes, and it may, I remain hopeful she will skate.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:52:45 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2006, 10:44:25 AM »

The grocery store last night was so jam packed that you would have thought  there had been a general announcement of the end of canned foods... people had their shopping carts filled to overflowing, I saw more than one person with m0re than one shopping cart. The lines from all twelve of the checkout lanes ran  10 and 12 deep.

I just bought my eggs, milk and bread (we were out of everything  and managed to get out in less than 20 minutes

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2006, 10:47:07 AM »

The grocery store last night was so jam packed that you would have thought  there had been a general announcement of the end of canned foods... people had their shopping carts filled to overflowing, I saw more than one person with m0re than one shopping cart. The lines from all twelve of the checkout lanes ran  10 and 12 deep.

I just bought my eggs, milk and bread (we were out of everything  and managed to get out in less than 20 minutes

Thank goodness you could find the desired items...what with there being so much "jam" on the shelves!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

vixmom

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2006, 10:47:35 AM »

We watched the four final episodes of Arrested Development last night.  We completely forgot the Olympics was on.

SPOILER (although I think I am the only one here who watches it)

I suspect they are not attempting  to persue the continuance of this show with another network as they pretty much resolved  all the major story lines .

vixmom

« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2006, 10:50:26 AM »

Thank goodness you could find the desired items...what with there being so much "jam" on the shelves!

;D

Actually I snagged the last 1/2 gallon of skim milk, the next to last loaf of wheat bread and  one of only 6 packages of brown eggs left on the shelves, this at about 6 PM at a store that stays open 24 hours....

I wonder if the grocery store managers bribe weatherman heavily to exagerate all snow forecasts!

vixmom

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2006, 10:50:58 AM »

Is it still sunny and balmy in SF?

vixmom

« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2006, 10:52:00 AM »

Well I have a few more chores to perform before we get snowed in for the next seventeen weeks. dayshours

WBBL as MattH would say!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 10:52:53 AM by Vixmom »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2006, 10:54:19 AM »

Is it still sunny and balmy in SF?
It's overcast and about 5-10 degrees cooler.  We aren't supposed to get rain.  But that was as of yesterday.  I haven't heard the forecast today.  It changes quickly.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2006, 10:55:09 AM »

It's time for me to get some cereal...just got up half-an-hour ago.  Lazy Saturdays and all....!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2006, 10:57:50 AM »

This morning I went for a walk, and this rock wren hopped up about four feet from me:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2006, 11:01:43 AM »

Oh, befoer I leave a comment on the  Grease story....I don;t understand why concerns over sex, drinking, drugs and scantily clothed teens would end with the banishing of the Crucible in favor of A Midsummers Night dream.... is the principal aware of any of the storylines of any of the shows he approves?

Does he think the church folks will look more favorably on fairies dancing around a forest half dressed and having it on with men transformed into jackasses than they would about a man sticking to his principals and refusing to confess to something he hasn't done in an effort to save his soul though it costs him his life?? (Or does he figure that the Shakespearean prose will be incomprehensible  to the flock and they will feel criticized by The Crucible?)

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »

Beautiful picture DR Laura~! Thanks fpr sharing and now ... I really AM leaving!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2006, 11:11:44 AM »

From Cillaliz:
DR MBarnum - I also really enjoyed GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK. I highly recommend CAPOTE.  Philip Seymour Hoffman is just incredible. He really should win best actor for that performance.

I meant to say the same thing.

Good hot water and plumbing vibes.

I wish you could post a video of the cats-oh so cute.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2006, 11:16:01 AM »

I am now sipping my morning coffee (I slept in) and am enjoying my new furnace...heat...glorious heat...!

:D  Has the new furnace smell left?

Tomovoz

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2006, 11:36:43 AM »

TOTD.

Martin & Lewis:  "Scared Stiff" was my favourite.

Crosby & Hope: "The Road To Bali" (Because it' starts in Melbourne)

Costello & Abbott:  "Jack & the Beanstalk"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2006, 11:40:39 AM »

:D  Has the new furnace smell left?

Not yet. It smells very oily in here! I have some windows open now as it is fairly warm outside today...go figure.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 11:42:39 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2006, 11:42:08 AM »

Charlie McCarthy and Edgar Bergen

Laurel and Hardy

Abbott and Costello

Penny Singleton and Arthur Lake (if they can be counted as a comedy team)

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2006, 11:43:25 AM »

Well, I shall now watch CHUSHINGURA...will be back when it is over...should only take about 5 days or so.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2006, 12:40:50 PM »

Not yet. It smells very oily in here! I have some windows open now as it is fairly warm outside today...go figure.

It is beautiful here too-almost a heat wave;D.  Spring is in the air and the daffodils are popping up.  

FJL

« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2006, 01:02:34 PM »

I agree that "I Will Survive" was an odd choice to play during the Olympics opening ceremony.  Hope no one's offended by this, but has anyone noted that when the athletes from India paraded by, they were playing "Funkytown?"  I thought of MBarnum when that happened.

FJL

« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »

Interesting coincidence that there was discussion of ALL OVER THE GUY here yesterday.  We just happened to have watched it Wednesday night, first movie I've willingly sat all the way through in a long time.

According to imdb, Dan Bucatinsky, who wrote the film and played Eli is the partner of Don (The Opposite of Sex) Roos.  Explains the willingness of Lisa Kudrow and Chrstiina Ricci to do such small roles.  But I really enjoyed the film a great deal.

FJL

« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2006, 01:15:14 PM »

I have a single ticket to the 8 PM KISMET tonight, a pretty decent seat in the Grand Tier (that's like the front mezz), and I can't use it.  If there's anyone brave enough (due to the impending snow) to come over to 43rd & 10th to pick up the ticket by 7 PM or so, the ticket is theirs absolutely gratis.   Email me at my AOL address dylan43rd if anyone's interested.

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2006, 01:15:17 PM »

Tomorrow DH Richard and I will see the touring Hairspray at Dayton's Schuster Center for the Performing Arts.  Anybody in particular I should watch for in the cast?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2006, 01:28:05 PM »

Ginny - I got the library magnet and your lovely note!  Thanks so much.  What a lovely surprise.

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2006, 01:47:37 PM »

You're welcome, DR FJL.  Is it snowing yet?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2006, 01:56:18 PM »

In Chelsea there is a very, very light dusting of snow. How it will turn into 4-12 inches is anybody's guess.

I went out because we needed milk and bread. I got a couple of other things as well. The store wasn't mobbed, but it was busier than it usually is on a Saturday afternoon.

That's all from Chelsea.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up