Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BRIGHT AND EARLY  (Read 19327 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:BRIGHT AND EARLY
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »

Yes, Dim and Late - they made Bright and Early look like Abbott and Costello.

I do think the opening ceremonies of the Olympics hurt all evening entertainment last night.  I don't think the rest of the Olympics will impact anything, however.

Had a lovely work session with Miss Linda Purl.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2006, 02:06:17 PM »

I'd have to say the Marx Bros. are my favorite comedy team.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2006, 02:10:01 PM »

Still cold, wet, and miserable here. Hot chocolate is just a few minutes away.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2006, 02:13:15 PM »

Due to the tremendous influences of DRs JRand and Ron, I pulled out the videotape of LOVELY TO LOOK AT this afternoon and watched with utter pleasure. And the sound, which has been very problematic on this tape the last couple of times I watched it, was fine this afternoon. No scratching or misalligned audio heads at all.

I DO wish I had this on laserdisc, however. The lack of detail shows up on digital TVs with videotape. Laserdiscs (and DVDs, of course) always look much better.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2006, 02:15:35 PM »

Yes, I'd read that Kwan had some problems at her first practice today. There's still plenty of time for her to get herself acclimated to the surroundings and then decide if she needs to compete. I can't see her competing just for the sake of it if she's not feeling her best. I'm sure she won't compete if she knows she's not ready. She's already won silver and bronze medals in the previous two Olympics and really has nothing left to prove to anyone.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2006, 02:35:39 PM »

Off to finish PINKY now and then find some other DVDs to watch.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2006, 02:48:53 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Back from a fine and fun afternoon with DRs TPunk and Rodzinksi.  We headed up to Riverdale (the Bronx), had lunch, spent some time in Target - WOW! was that place crazy - and it seemed like everyone in there was stocking up on EVERYTHING!  My main "mission" was to buy another under-the-bed storage bin, but all they had on the shelves were the lids.  Cuh-ray-zee!  But we managed to get out of the there unscathed.

Then we took a trip a little further north to see where DR TPunk works.  Then we stopped at a bakery...  :)

And now...

Just waiting for the snow storm/blizzard/winter weather event.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2006, 02:55:51 PM »

I'm going to Kismet.
I'm going to Kismet.
I'm going to Kismet!

:)

Thank you, DR FJL.

*I feel like I felt when I would win those radio call-in contests.  I was quite a fast dialer.  In fact, I won so frequently from WRNL in New London, CT, that I was eventually "banned" from calling in and winning any prize for a period of six months.  -Of course, the work around was that I would give either my parents' name and info, so...

;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 02:56:29 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2006, 03:00:26 PM »

You're welcome, Jose.  Glad someone who really wants to see it is seeing it.  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2006, 03:00:51 PM »

Here's my two cents on the Grease thing.  Sometimes the powers that be can be dumb.  What do they think kids see on the tv/movies/internet/general environment?? Denying it, surpressing it, pretending like it doesn't happen just leads to kids with little to no correct information and coping skills.  If there was true concern on their part that the subject material was questionable, why not follow the show with a question and answer period to explore the consequences of some of the actions.  Kids are not dumb and they are not blind.  Why do some folks insist on poking their heads down into the sand?  That is why we end up with the problems we have.  And now I will climb down off of my soapbox.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2006, 03:03:05 PM »

We had a delightful afternoon with Jose.  I'm glad that others finally got to see the cool neighborhood in which I work.  And I'm sooo glad I finally got to sample the bakery I pass on my way to work each day.  And it was a welcome distraction from my school work.

Tomovoz

« Reply #101 on: February 11, 2006, 03:36:41 PM »

I rather like DRs Elmore and MBarnum as a comedy duo.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »

Did you know that in a mere 600 postings we will achieve our spectacular new plateau?  Onward, say I.

Just finished doing the last little fixes on one of the short stories.  I must say, I'd completely forgotten most of the story, and I thought it was very affecting.

FJL

« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2006, 03:53:02 PM »

Jose just picked up the KISMET ticket.

I should have told him when I saw him, but boy, does his new haircut look spiffy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2006, 04:27:34 PM »

I rather like DRs Elmore and MBarnum as a comedy duo.

Thank the kind man, Mikey!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: February 11, 2006, 04:30:20 PM »

I started watching Weekend In Havana, a gorgeous new DVD that will be out shortly - I fell asleep immediately and snoozed for a half-hour.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #106 on: February 11, 2006, 04:39:23 PM »

Speaking of GREASE, my wall calander told me the other day that when the show first premiered, it had a five hour running time.  It was the CHUSHINGURA of its day.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

François de Paris

« Reply #107 on: February 11, 2006, 04:55:09 PM »

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #108 on: February 11, 2006, 04:58:48 PM »

Count me in as one of those who won't miss viewing the Olympics for nothing.  I love it all and take in every bit of it I can (okay, maybe not so nuts about Curling.)  I know I'll be glued to the TV each night 'till midnight wrapped up in the drama that each sport offers.

This year's opening ceremonies were as spectacularly cheesey as any of the others that I recall seeing but I think thats part of their charm.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #109 on: February 11, 2006, 05:22:30 PM »

Hello all!  I believe Jed and I forgot to inform you all that we would be E&T for a few days.  We decided to take a trip down to San Francisco to celebrate the last week of freedom before his job starts on Monday.  We drove down on Tuesday night, arriving at the city at around 11 in the morning, and spent two glorious days roaming around.  I had been there for a few days on a choir trip back in 2003, and Jed had last been there about five years ago, but neither of us had really taken the time to explore the city from top to bottom, which I believe we did this time around.  
On Wednesday we covered the beach, which was gorgeous, a drive through Golden Gate park, and headed up to Twin Peaks to catch the city as the sun set.  It was unbelievably beautiful up there.  I took some pictures that I hope turn out well.  We then headed down to Chinatown for some prowling around and a yummy dinner.  Jed tried duck for the first time, and found the bone-to-meat ratio a bit unseemly.  
Thursday was packed with good touristy times.  We got up early, got a passport so we could take all the busses and cable cars we wanted, and hit the city.  We headed out to the bridge, did Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli Square...including some seriously yummy ice cream sundaes...and ended up in Coit Tower for sunset #2.  Again, many pictures taken which I hope turn out.
Thanks to DR Jane's comment about the Stinking Rose, we ended up having dinner there, and still reek of garlic this evening :)  The food was delicious and plentiful...highly reccomended to anyone who finds themselves hungry in San Francisco.  
Yesterday we spent a leisurely morning geting ready to leave, and hit the Jelly Belly factory on our way out of the valley.  As DR Jed will attest to, I am a huge fan of Jelly Bellys, so I was in heaven.  I ended up walking out with no less than 5 pounds of jelly beans in hand :D  This thanks to the cheap deals on bags of "belly flop" beans...misshapen or discontinued flavors.  This should last me at least a week :)
For some reason the drive back up seemed much longer than the one down, and we are both glad to be out of the car and back home.  

I will post pics when I get the film developed

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2006, 05:40:17 PM »

Sounds like a grand time, Ann. I look forward to seeing your photos.  And I like Jelly Bellies, too.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2006, 05:42:21 PM »

Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  Don't we have a new plateau to reach?  You'd think everyone was off watching the Olympics.

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2006, 06:00:22 PM »

From Cillaliz:I meant to say the same thing.

Good hot water and plumbing vibes.

I wish you could post a video of the cats-oh so cute.

Thanks. I found out the plumber didn't turn the knob on the hot water heater from pilot to on. What an idiot. I used that company because my realtor recommended him. I called my realtor today and he was shocked when I told him all the things that went wrong and that the owner never came by once (I guess he usually checks in). So he is going to give him a piece of his mind on Monday and tell him he better make things right or their real estate office will have to quit using him.
That's a much bigger threat than I could make, so I'll see what happens.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2006, 06:00:42 PM »

Such great news from such great folks!!

Fun trip by DRs ANN & JED.  Lovely wren photo from DRLAURA.  I ordered the LOVELY TO LOOK AT video....because like DRMATTH - all the talk yesterday made me want to see it again!  Sad for me, I didn't have one to pull off the shelf!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: February 11, 2006, 06:01:00 PM »

Just a light dusting of snow here, and hopefully not much tomorrow.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: February 11, 2006, 06:02:27 PM »

The concert at World of Wisdom was a great success.  The first show didn't create much traffic, but the 2:30 pm show was well attended.  Really nice music and talking and appreciated by all.  AND I think a few books were sold.  

Here is Friend of RODZINSKI & TPUNK, Matthew (r) standing with the artist known as Silouan....Matt is his manager.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 06:03:05 PM by JRand55 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: February 11, 2006, 06:05:04 PM »

Here is the artist known as Silouan, Yours Truly, and Matt soon after the second show.   8)

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: February 11, 2006, 06:06:25 PM »

Dear sweet cute Callie meowed almost all night. She drove me nuts. Finally she quit and I was able to sleep. I woke up and both cats were curled up on the bed.  She's a little better today.  I'm hoping she has a quiet night

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: February 11, 2006, 06:06:25 PM »

Great threat for your realtor to make, DR CILLALIZ, and quite appropriate.  I think that plumber had OTHER things on his mind besides his work!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #119 on: February 11, 2006, 06:07:46 PM »

NOW - in the mail today was the CD of HMS PINAFORE recommended by DRELMORE....what fun....I want to listen to it.

But I also want to watch KISMET....now....all this talk has made me KISMET-minded....

But I also got the DVD of the first season of RAT PATROL....

I am in a muddle....and of course....the OLYMPICS are on!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up