Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OY AND VEY  (Read 22638 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
OY AND VEY
« on: February 25, 2006, 12:39:52 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, they were brief and to the point and also to the point and brief, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're attending a bris right now.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2006, 12:56:16 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:OY AND VEY
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2006, 12:40:07 AM »

And the word of the day is: HUBRIS!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2006, 12:46:07 AM »

Broken leg vibes to Linda's show!

Continued broken leg vibes to Deceit!

Also have a safe journey to Whittier tomorrow bk....

found a nifty book that the library was weeding from its collection....

a beat up copy of 10 Little Indians by Agatha Christie. I got it for a dime.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 12:49:21 AM by DakotaCelt »
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »

Poor Tammy has a sore neck.  We believe it happened on Thursday's performance rather than last night's, when Matt had a brain lapse and accidentally did something earlier than he normally does - we think she had a bit of whiplash.  I told her to ice her neck, relax, think positive thoughts, and then to take a nice long hot shower to wash all pain down the drain.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2006, 01:05:14 AM »

HUBRIS, baby, HUBRIS!

FJL

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2006, 01:24:03 AM »

Had trouble logging on, and now everyone's gone.  :(  

FJL

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2006, 01:24:47 AM »

No HuBris here, just a HuBarMitzvah.

FJL

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2006, 01:27:31 AM »

It's quiet in the City of York that is New at 4:30 in the morning.  I thought this was the city that never sleeps.

On to take the day and an early flight.

I could have used a trivia question to get my brain going, but I guess coffee will have to do.

FJL

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2006, 01:31:40 AM »

I hope it's OK to do this, Danise - I'll say a prayer for you to heal very quickly while I'm at the Shabbos service in Boca later this morning.  Continued vibes to you, this time it'll be from within your actual home state.

FJL

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2006, 01:34:55 AM »

And with that, time to wake up Skip and really get into the day.  We haven't done back-and-forth travel in one day since we went to see Dear Friend Maureen in FALSETTOS in Pittsburgh lo these many years ago.

Good Shabbos, all.

Tomovoz

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2006, 01:36:04 AM »

Hello FJL.. Pleasant flying vibes!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2006, 01:46:36 AM »

Classic British  Rock and Roll.:

The Animals:  House Of The Rising Sun
                      It's My Life
                      Don't Let Me Be Misunerstood.

The Beatles:  I Feel Fine
                      Day Tripper
                      Got To Get You into My Life
                       Revolution

The Yardbirds: Heart Full Of Soul
                        Over Under Sideways Down

Spencer Davis Group:  Gimme Some Lovin'
                                     Keep On Running

Them:  Gloria

Rolling Stones:  You Can't Always Get What You Want.

The Kinks:  You Really Got Me
                   Lola

Small Faces:  "Lazy Sunday Afternoon"
                     "Tin Soldier"
                      "Itchycoo Park"

The Who:  Substitute
                  Pictures Of Lily.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2006, 05:35:35 AM »

TOD
Tommy by the WHO
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2006, 06:25:18 AM »

Morning all.  Wish I had better news but I had a pretty rough night.  I miss my hosptial bed.  

I could move it up and down to get out of it.  I had a very hard time laying on my flat bed and even harder time trying to get out of it.   I just hope I don't hurt myself inside.  

Maybe I should have stayed in the hospital another night or two.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2006, 06:26:22 AM »

I hope it's OK to do this, Danise - I'll say a prayer for you to heal very quickly while I'm at the Shabbos service in Boca later this morning.  Continued vibes to you, this time it'll be from within your actual home state.

Thank you, DR FJL.  I'm honored that you would think about me.   :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 06:41:19 AM »

Good morning, all!  And a special good morning wish for speedy recovery to you, DR Danise!  Yes, maybe you should have stayed an extra day, but I understand the urge to get out of there as soon as possible!  I suspect the pain has less to do with your injuring yourself as much as your body is realizng the pain from being cut and stitched.  Still, at the first sign of anything not good, call 911!!!!!!

I went to bed at 9:30 last night, totally exhausted, and slept until 9 this morning.  This means I'm either fighting something or my body needed a long pause to reconnect the dots.  I'm now puttering about, I will work on Toyland at home for a bit, tidy up, and maybe hit the NYPL Theatre Collection at noon.

DRs TPunk and Rodzinski, I would have loved to see CAPOTE!

DR Ann, incontestable proof?  What's on that video DR Jed sent me?

TOD:  Right now I can think of very little British fro mthe 1960s except for the Beatles and "Ferry Cross the Mersey," which our neighbor Jean Tilton thought was "Very Customary," but the costumer in the Miami U Theatre Dept thought "Mr Tambourine Man" was "Mr Tangerine Man."
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Safe travel vibes for DR FJL and ther mighty Skip!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[/size][/move]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006, 06:41:47 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 06:47:50 AM »

Good morning!

And a special hello to DR Danise whom I see on-line. Sorry you had a rough night. Hope you can rest throughout the day to regain strength little by little. Best wishes for continued recovery.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 06:48:48 AM »

Once again, we have a gray day here (but not cold). The clouds may remain today since they're predicting a shower later today.

Tomorrow supposed to get cold for the day and then a slow warming trend through next week.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 06:50:41 AM »

Speaking of uncomfortable nights, I strained my back a couple of days ago - the small of my back very sore, so lying flat in the bed is not especially comfortable for me, either. I had a horrible night of sleep two nights ago, but a better one last night.

I have a sofa here that has heat and massage capabilities on each end, and I've been partaking of its comforts for 30 minute stretches a couple of times during the last two days.

It's just hell getting old!

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 06:52:34 AM »

Today, I'll finish LILI while preparing and eating lunch. Then, I'll probably watch WHERE THE SIDEWALK ENDS or KISS OF DEATH.

Tononight, I'll finish the first disc of FIREFLY and then put in Disc 3 of the CSI set which I was surprised to find I had skipped when I was going through the set during the past couple of weeks.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2006, 06:59:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: HUBRIS!
I have a friend named Hugh, but I don't think he had a bris.  No, I really don't think so at all.  He and his partner, Len, are very main line Philadelphia, quite old school and old money.  Then again, I could always ask, the next time I see him.  He'd probably be quite amused by the question.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2006, 07:02:14 AM »

One thing I wondered about while watching LILI last night. In Leslie Caron's first dream sequence when she's dressed voluptuously as a rival to ZsaZsa Gabor's Rosalie, in the long shots that had a few quick steps, was that director Charles Walters as Paul? I didn't pause the DVR to study the figure but it didn't look like Mel Ferrer there.

Danise

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2006, 07:04:45 AM »

Speaking of uncomfortable nights, I strained my back a couple of days ago - the small of my back very sore, so lying flat in the bed is not especially comfortable for me, either. I had a horrible night of sleep two nights ago, but a better one last night.

I have a sofa here that has heat and massage capabilities on each end, and I've been partaking of its comforts for 30 minute stretches a couple of times during the last two days.

It's just hell getting old!

I'm sorry about your back and I totally agree about the getting old part!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2006, 07:06:25 AM »

DR Elmore, I heard that Patrick Wilson has started "Barefoot in the Park".  I have no real interest in him but his father is the news anchor on one of our local stations.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 07:07:53 AM »

Continuing recovery vibes for Danise:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~
   ~~~
      ~~~
         ~~~
            ~~~
               ~~~
                  ~~~
                     ~~~
                        ~~~
                           ~~~
[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2006, 07:11:55 AM »

And I hope Bear is doing his part in the comfort and solace department.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2006, 07:14:15 AM »

Mother didn't allow rock and roll in the house, British or otherwise.  It gave her headaches.  I was forced to listen to showtunes instead.

No, really!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2006, 07:15:42 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Why am I up?  I didn't have to get up until eight-thirty and yet I'm up at seven o'clock.  

Excellent vibes and xylophones to Danise.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2006, 07:19:51 AM »

DR Elmore, I heard that Patrick Wilson has started "Barefoot in the Park".  I have no real interest in him but his father is the news anchor on one of our local stations.  

John Wilson, Patrick's father, was news anchor here for several years while Patrick was a teenager. He (Patrick) was well known in theater circles here as a kid.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2006, 07:22:00 AM »

Yes, I really don't have an answer for today's topic because I simply was not into rock 'n roll during that period (or ever). Any music I heard like the Beatles was played by my brother, so I'd hear "She Loves You" or "I Saw Her Standing There" coming from his bedroom, but I didn't pay much attention. I'd go into my room and crank up the cast album to MAME.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up