Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT EXPLAINS THAT  (Read 21138 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THAT EXPLAINS THAT
« Reply #240 on: March 01, 2006, 08:25:03 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - I find that time away from work is always spent wisely.  
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #241 on: March 01, 2006, 08:26:40 PM »

Page Nine Gordon Scott Dance.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #242 on: March 01, 2006, 08:27:46 PM »

LAW & ORDER

had a difficult story of a mother murdering her bad seed son. Had a good case going until she talked too much on the stand and gave McCoy ammunition to take away reasonable doubt from the jury.

Nice to see the excellent Penny Johnson Jerald (Mrs. Palmer from the first three seasons of '24') playing the defense attorney.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: March 01, 2006, 08:29:19 PM »

I now have two CSI: NY episodes on the DVR. Never caught up with last week's episode and now added tonight's to the list. Should be able to get to them tomorrow.

I am having an early lunch with best friend John, so that should leave ample time in the afternoon to get them watched.

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: March 01, 2006, 08:40:23 PM »

Is Gordon Scott still alive? If he is, I hope someone is enterprising enough to get lengthy interviews with him for inclusion on DVDs of his TARZAN films when they're finally released.

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: March 01, 2006, 08:40:53 PM »

Heading off to bed now.

Have a good rest of the evening, everyone!

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: March 01, 2006, 09:01:34 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - I find that time away from work is always spent wisely.  

LOL! I know what you mean. But I'm hitting a busy spell. Are the stars and planets doing something wierd?  Deals are falling apart and people are very difficult to work with all of a sudden.  I don't really mind, it makes work interesting, but it makes it difficult to get away from the office

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #247 on: March 01, 2006, 09:02:29 PM »

Yesterday, as I was laying about channel hopping, I came upon an episode of one of PASSWORD PLUS on TV Land.  On this version, each password was a clue that pointed to a secret word which the contestants had to guess to win the game.

In the game round that I saw, the clue words were "target", "first", "bomb" and "atom".  It was Lynda Day George's turn to guess, and with upheld crossed fingers and a giddy smile on her face, she blurted "Hiroshima?"

On the puzzle board, the word "Hiroshima" appeared with blinking lights and a ringing bell.  Lynda Day George shrieked with delight and the audience erupted into applause.

It just struck me as a bit bizarre.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #248 on: March 01, 2006, 09:20:40 PM »

LOL! I know what you mean. But I'm hitting a busy spell. Are the stars and planets doing something wierd?  Deals are falling apart and people are very difficult to work with all of a sudden.  I don't really mind, it makes work interesting, but it makes it difficult to get away from the office

I hear ya....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: March 01, 2006, 09:21:56 PM »

Mac users, help!  I put in a DVDR to backup some files onto - I right clicked but was not given a "burn" option like I usually am.  It just said "eject disc"  I clicked on it and the disc didn't eject - how do I get this disc out of the computer now?  The icon is gone.

MBarnum

« Reply #250 on: March 01, 2006, 09:22:39 PM »

I am going to bed now. That is all.

FJL

« Reply #251 on: March 01, 2006, 09:25:54 PM »

Dan - On a similar note, the Secret Square multiple chocie question on Hollywood Square was which of the following events took place in Lake Hurst, New Jersey.  The star chose "the Hindenburg disaster," the contestant agreed,. and the host shouted gleefully "The Hindenburg disaster!!!" followed by a musical fanfare and raucous audience applause.  I tell you, I'll never forget it.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #252 on: March 01, 2006, 09:31:05 PM »

BK-
You can press the top right button on your keyboard, which should eject the disk. I'm talking about the arrow up on the top right of the number keypad.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #253 on: March 01, 2006, 09:33:39 PM »

One option for burning a disk is to drag to your trash and you get a choice of "eject disk" or "burn disk". You may have chosen eject, but you could also have chosen to burn it.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #254 on: March 01, 2006, 09:35:40 PM »

Jane- All I can say about the assemblage of hotties on your wedding day is VA-VOOM!

( I think TPunk will not get mad at me for that.)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #255 on: March 01, 2006, 09:39:38 PM »

Q for BK-
What is different about the French version of PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE? You must let me know if anything.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #256 on: March 01, 2006, 09:45:48 PM »

More MEDIUM chatter with SPOILERS:

I was not bothered as much by the rampant illogic, but the fact that our heroine, because she'd dreamed about the kid and had motherly feelings towards him, had no problem with the fact that he was getting a pretty light sentence for murder. If she had dreamed one of her own family members got clubbed over the head with a thermos, I'm sure she would not have been as pleased with the kid's minimal sentence.

And don't get me started on the mom who wants so much to protect her kid she lets him take the rap for her crime.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #257 on: March 01, 2006, 09:47:31 PM »

Just me here now, so GOOD NIGHT!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #258 on: March 01, 2006, 10:42:05 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

Greetings from Fairfax, VA.

Another very easy drive back down 95.  There was one traffic back-up in Delaware which added about 20 minutes to my usual travel time, but nothing major.  *However, there were highway signs saying, "Two Left Lanes Blocked Ahead On Bridge - Expect Minor Delays".  Since when would closing two of three lanes of traffic cause "minor" delays?!?!?  -It actually made me giggle.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: March 01, 2006, 10:45:22 PM »

As for "The Miller's Son"... I always thought that Petra was one of those "secretly educated" servants.  Or at least she was a great observer and reader, and learned a lot by "osmosis".  Kind of like a courtesan.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: March 01, 2006, 10:47:38 PM »

DR Jane - A lovely picture of some lovely ladies in lovely wedding dresses.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #261 on: March 01, 2006, 10:50:02 PM »

As for Bridesmaid's Dresses...  There was story in the Richmond Times-Dispatch a few years ago where a Bride got her "revenge".  She was the last one of her group of friends to get married.  So, when it came time for her to get married, she made each member of her bridal party where the bridesmaid dress she had to wear to their weddings.  The picture accompanying the article was truly priceless!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #262 on: March 01, 2006, 10:50:59 PM »

The disc wouldn't eject by conventional means - and no, the burning icon never came up as it usually does.  I searched help and got the info - you restart while holding the mouse down - when it boots up you get an option to eject the disc and that worked.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #263 on: March 01, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »

The French Phantom of the Paradise sports a new and improved (but not perfect) transfer, and, for the first time both Dolby 5.1 and a DTS track.  There is also a second disc of stuff - and an hour long documentary made by a French company (but in English, except for Gerritt doing some really amusing and bad French).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: March 01, 2006, 11:22:52 PM »

Well...

It seems that my "timing" was good.  Remember the heat pump problem my parents had last week?  Well, the replacement part finally came in, and it due to be installed tomorrow morning.  Originally, my Dad was gonna stay home from work tomorrow morning, but now...  -Ain't I a good son?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up