Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT EXPLAINS THAT  (Read 21698 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:THAT EXPLAINS THAT
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2006, 03:32:27 PM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page Seven Dance![/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #181 on: March 01, 2006, 03:43:56 PM »

The information that Allison and Joe had had a male child who didn't live was a fascinating new piece of information. The show's murder plot, however, was not its finest hour.

And the vet diagnosis- ::)

Jane

« Reply #182 on: March 01, 2006, 03:44:50 PM »

FJL- ;D  

Glad those days are over for you.  Skip is great!

Jane

« Reply #183 on: March 01, 2006, 04:13:36 PM »

From the marriage album: the "not-too-ugly" bridesmaid dresses!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: March 01, 2006, 04:16:59 PM »

From Matt H:We found the episode rather ridiculous, full of holes and impossibilities.  

Really?  Would you give me an idea of what you thought were key impossibilities?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 04:20:07 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #185 on: March 01, 2006, 04:20:09 PM »

We had to pose for a number of silly photos. ;D

I was just reading the guest list.  Penny, in red to be different :) , is the only one of our wedding party who signed the book.  It would have been nice to have had more friends sign it.  We really don't have any idea who some of these people are.

Jane

« Reply #186 on: March 01, 2006, 04:20:34 PM »

Ron did you watch the show?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #187 on: March 01, 2006, 04:21:05 PM »

From Matt H:We found the episode rather ridiculous, full of holes and impossibilities.  

DR Jane, If it was NBC, it would not surprise me... Look at the mess they have on daytime...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2006, 04:23:27 PM »

I'd love to be in the quartet!  I was an actual member of S.P.E.B.S.Q.S.A. for a couple of years,

???? What organization is this George??
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2006, 04:24:36 PM »

I'd love to play Edna Turnblad or the Robert Morse part from Sugar (aka Some Like It Hot)!  Or I'd love to do Tell Me On a Sunday (aka Song and Dance). ;)

As for A Little Night Music, I'd like to play Henrik, the cellist, so that I would have the experience to play the (female) cello player in the musical version of The Witches of Eastwick.  Now that's a show that I'd love to do. ;)

Would love to hear A Little Night Music or Singing in the Rain....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2006, 04:25:48 PM »

From the marriage album: the "not-too-ugly" bridesmaid dresses!

THose are pretty DR Jane.... Beautiful bouquets....

Jane

« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »

Possible MEDIUM spoiler:

The vet diagnosis without blood work, etc.

After so many years in a totally drugged state how did the manager make the connection?  Way too far fetched for us.

No mention of the keys to the store or how the doors were locked again AND the alarm reset.

Maybe she could get away with a fake birth certificate but how on earth could she tell the woman the baby died, there must have been other people in the room with the doctor, at least one nurse.

That is all I can think of for the moment.

Jane

« Reply #192 on: March 01, 2006, 04:28:44 PM »

Dakota thank you.  It was a very fun and happy day for me.

Most the time we like MEDIUM.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #193 on: March 01, 2006, 04:29:52 PM »

Ron did you watch the show?

Yes.  I was tired, but I was so eager for something other than winter sports that I stayed up.

I rather enjoyed it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #194 on: March 01, 2006, 04:33:39 PM »

Dakota thank you.  It was a very fun and happy day for me.

Most the time we like MEDIUM.

I have only seen it a few times.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: March 01, 2006, 04:34:30 PM »

Still pondering the producer credit.  The fellow who's listed alongside me in the designer rough-up of the credit page doesn't want the credit, really - so, maybe I'll take it since, as I said, the producing of a live album is all in the mix not the recording.  There wasn't a producer around for the recording - just the folks in the truck who engineered it and made sure it all got to tape.  If you heard the "mix" they asked me to listen to, which had been done by some complete incompetent, you'd know exactly whereof I speak - everything on that "mix" sounded like someone had recorded the show on a cassette machine from the audience.  It now sounds amazing, right up there with my other STAGE albums, Cole Porter and the Lerner, Loewe, Lane and Friends album.

Jane

« Reply #196 on: March 01, 2006, 04:37:39 PM »

On the left is Marsha, our good friend & classmate we met through Penny.  Second from the left is my good friend from Jr. High, Susan, whose mother made my wedding veil and the simple bridesmaid hair pieces.  Of course that is Penny on the far right.  On the floor was my sister, the matron of honor.  Since she lived in Oakland at the time I told her to buy any pink dress she wanted.  I’m sure Penny and Marsha were envious of her dress, they really hated theirs.  ;D

Unfortunately we lost touch with the other gal, Michelle.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: March 01, 2006, 04:37:59 PM »

Trying to watch RENT - I hated the show, and am not enjoying the film any better.  

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #198 on: March 01, 2006, 04:45:17 PM »

Thank you for all of the health vibes.  They must be helping.  I can now sit up without my head rolling off of my neck.  Now, I must get myself together and go to the store for Sierra Mist and cat cookies (no, not the ones made out of cats!)
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #199 on: March 01, 2006, 04:51:21 PM »

bk or anyone for that matter....  if you could perform any part in any musical irrespective of your age, looks or sex  (we'll assume you are perfect for the part!)... what would it be?

Mama Rose.

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #200 on: March 01, 2006, 04:52:25 PM »

or Sweeney Todd.
[/b]
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #201 on: March 01, 2006, 04:53:47 PM »

SPOILER POTENTIAL!

Possible MEDIUM spoiler:

After so many years in a totally drugged state how did the manager make the connection?  Way too far fetched for us.

No mention of the keys to the store or how the doors were locked again AND the alarm reset.

Maybe she could get away with a fake birth certificate but how on earth could she tell the woman the baby died, there must have been other people in the room with the doctor, at least one nurse.

The following road is fraught with startling leaps to conclusions and wild fancies of rationalization:

To the first question, I fold.  Can't imagine they did that for any reason other than to expedite the plot.  That aside, I loved the way they handled the parental anxiety over telling the daughter...and it was terrific when she told them she already knew (she's gifted, too) and didn't say anything to her father because she knew he'd be upset...because he loved the dog.

I don't think any case was made for her being out of her mind at the time of giving birth.  She need not have been so burned out she'd never remember giving birth or hearing the baby died or recalling the doctor's name. She could easily have entered rehab in the intervening 15 years.  Perhaps she had huge regrets about her child. She surely must have had a certificate of death for him, signed by the doctor.  Since they never explained how she knew the boy was her son, she must have 1) recognized the name and 2) asked him about his parents.  I think things added up for her...but the exposition just wasn't there for the viewer.

You're right about the keys/alarm.  My fervid imagination took over and presumed she used her son's key.   If the manager had been there, the alarm might have been deactivated when the doctor entered.  I don't recall if an alarm went off after Allison smashed the window to get in, but there could be a totally different alarm system to alert police when something violent happens.  (Or is that too much of a rationalization?  :D )

I wasn't real clear on the birth part, either.  I cannot imagine how she could have gotten away with it with other people there... unless she were in some poor clinic at the time and took the baby out, telling others she was getting it to a proper hospital for treatment.   But...I can only stretch so far...

As I said...I was tired.  I did enjoy the episode.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 05:00:07 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jane

« Reply #202 on: March 01, 2006, 04:54:53 PM »

TCB I hope your outing works wonders and you return feeling much, much better.

George

« Reply #203 on: March 01, 2006, 04:56:10 PM »

???? What organization is this George??

The Society for the Preservation and Encouragement of Barber Shop Quartet Singing in America, Inc., "never to be pronounced as one word" (their edict).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #204 on: March 01, 2006, 04:59:03 PM »

Possible MEDIUM spoiler:

I call it "Suspending Disbelief." ;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #205 on: March 01, 2006, 05:03:47 PM »

I call it "Suspending Disbelief." ;)

EXACTLY!

I suspended disbelief.

Jane and Keith weren't in the mood.

MattH wasn't in the mood, either.

AnNd.....I was tired.

Jane

« Reply #206 on: March 01, 2006, 05:25:14 PM »

Possible Spoiler:

Yea the kid thing was cute, predictable, but cute.  If that had been my vet I would have gone elsewhere for a second opinion (ha ha).  I suppose he might have run all the appropriate tests, AND received the results, while the viewer wasn’t watching but he didn’t elude to any tests.  The vet only palpated the dog!

The mother-doctor said the mother was sedated at the time of birth—as well as being a hardcore drug addict.  Of course, the mother was coherent enough to discuss the sale of the baby so I’ll give you that one.

You wrote:  “Since they never explained how she knew the boy was her son, she must have 1) recognized the name and 2) asked him about his parents.”  Well, OK, your two explanations are reasonable but I think you’re giving the writers more credit then they deserve!

Question: if the manager had been suspicious he was her son then why did she fire him?

How did the door end up locked & the alarm set after the hysterical son left?

The mother-doctor was asked to meet the manager at the coffee shop at closing.  The “accident” that resulted in the manager’s death took place at that time.  Forensic’s never suggested that the time of death was the previous evening; the cops and DA were looking for alibis from 5am to 6am!

Jane

« Reply #207 on: March 01, 2006, 05:40:49 PM »

LOL we were in the mood to suspend disbelief, a must when watching the show.  We just weren’t in that extreme a mood. ;D

Ron must be tired leaving in the middle of our discussion.  ;)

MBarnum

« Reply #208 on: March 01, 2006, 05:43:56 PM »

DR Jane, that is such a wonderful photo! Thanks for posting it...but you must post more wedding shots...we ougth to see Keith as the groom, dontchathink?

Anyway, you made a beautiful bride...and I must say that PennyO is also quite a hottie! Very cute!

George

« Reply #209 on: March 01, 2006, 05:44:38 PM »

LOL we were in the mood to suspend disbelief, a must when watching the show.  We just weren’t in that extreme a mood. ;D

I can certainly understand that...there are a few shows where I just can't...no matter how hard I try. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up