Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THAT EXPLAINS THAT  (Read 21379 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THAT EXPLAINS THAT
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2006, 07:46:04 AM »

DR MBarnum, I knew who several of the people were you mentioned: Connie Hines, Guy Stockwell, Lori Nelson, for example. We don't have to be B-movie mavens to know these folks. They did lots of films and TV work.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 07:48:15 AM »

Page 2 Belle Dance!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 07:49:19 AM »

Last night's AMAZING RACE SPOILERS (since not sure if everybody watched).

I'm curious to know what everybody thought. I loved it.  And have some favorites.

My absolute favorite is the dating nerd team (they came in 4th).  They seem intelligent, compatible, and really just genuine and sweet. I really like them.

I also like the mother/daughter. Well i like the daughter. She is so beautiful and they focus all the camera time on her.

I am not sure what to think of the handsome men. At first they came across as sort of dumb and lazy.  But now i think they just like to do the least amount of work for the biggest payoff. But they are clearly smart and work together well. I think they are the team to beat.

Also, interesting (but i don't think i care for them) are the hippies. OMG if i have to watch them in those outfits again...

Teams i have had enough of: the sisters (omg, why are they whining so much), the old team (who i bet are DR MBarnum's favorites)(more on them below), the black team (no personality), the older married couple (stop fighting!).

I do like barbie and ken (sorry i forget their names (i think they came in 6th).

Okay re: the older team.  In their bios at the beginning i was optimistic.  They seemed really athletic and smart. But OMG they came across last night and stupid. If they showed them walking past that route marker one more time I was gonna lose it.  FIrst off they could have just watched someone else find it. But why the heck were they looking in the middle of the street when it would obviously be on the rail. I wanted to scream.  And at the motorcycle, they seemed so useless.   I guess maybe they are sweet, but i wanted to scream watching them!

Oh and as for the losers, i liked them at the beginning. But then they also got on my nerves, doing one stupid thing after another.

And don't get me started on dani and danielle. Why would they even try to build a motorcycle???? They will not last long.

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 07:51:23 AM »

I called in some votes for Katharine last night. Her line was not busy. I still think she has the best voice of the women (but Paris isn't far behind and neither is Mandisa).

Kinnik wasn't good, and she might very well go. I want Brenna gone. I can live with anyone else.

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2006, 07:56:05 AM »

I'm glad the 90 minute IDOLs are over after tonight. Throws a real wrench in my viewing/recording schedule. It does help that neither VERONICA MARS (rerun) or BONES (preempted) need to be viewed tonight.

But there is a new LOST which I'll begin recording during the last half hour of IDOL and then attempt to catch up with during the 9:30 hour. Naturally, I will spill over into the 10 p.m. hour where LAW & ORDER and CSI: NY will also be recording.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2006, 07:56:19 AM »

Hey, Vixmom - about Jane and Keith's wedding photos... I'm wit' you: I would LOVE to see summa those, too. Keith has most of their bazillion photos from their entire life together done up in lotsa souvenir albums, each one of which is a work of art. At some point, he really should have a gallery showing of the best of these creations...
PennyO

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2006, 08:01:39 AM »

Why I hate driving the LIE

motorist Stephen N******, 38, was stopped and finally awakened by Suffolk County, N.Y., police, who saw him driving 40 mph on the Long Island Expressway with eyes closed and mouth agape.  [Newsday, 1-13-06]

I removed the last name to protect the guilty
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2006, 08:03:09 AM »

Hey, Vixmom - about Jane and Keith's wedding photos... I'm wit' you: I would LOVE to see summa those, too. Keith has most of their bazillion photos from their entire life together done up in lotsa souvenir albums, each one of which is a work of art. At some point, he really should have a gallery showing of the best of these creations...

Jane?  Whaddaya think?  Can he be persuaded to scan in a few things for us to enjoy?

vixmom

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2006, 08:03:35 AM »

Ho ware you feeling this morning PennyO?

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2006, 08:09:16 AM »

Vixmom, that was a GREAT story, thanks for posting that.  I really needed to hear that.  :)
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2006, 08:13:23 AM »

Hugh Jackman = Overactive Publicist keeping his name in print with rumors and completely fictional press releases.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2006, 08:33:34 AM »

I had read somewhere that Jackman was interested in reviving PAL JOEY, but honestly, I don't see how it could happen with his film commitments and that tour of THE BOY FROM OZ in Australia.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2006, 08:34:19 AM »

Heading down now to start prepping lunch.

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2006, 08:47:56 AM »

Good Morning!

Hmm... It was another morning of turning off the alarm at 9:00, and then the next thing I knew it was 11:00...

:-\

I guess I needed the sleep/rest.

Or I could blame... well, myself, i guess.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2006, 08:48:46 AM »

DR TCB - ~~~~FEEL BETTER VIBES~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2006, 08:56:57 AM »

Just spent forty-five minutes proofing what we have of the STAGE CD package.  Lots of typos and errors, which will get fixed this afternoon.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2006, 08:57:07 AM »

And since I am all alone I will go wash my oatmeal bowl and begin the work day.

Oh, before I forget, Jose are you and Jason attending The Bad Seed at Chelsea on Thursday? And any other New York Readers, if you see this and want to come, fee free. Mr. Moore, Mr. Nondorf and Antonio, Joy, it's a classic camp movie, The Bad Seed with Nancy Kelly and Patty McCormack about a charming little murderess and should be a hoot. The ending of the movie was changed by censors (it's from 1956) to ensure that society would not be hurt by the sight of a youngster getting away with murder. You may even win a prize if you attend. Last week Jason won tickets to a show at the Public. It's $6 for the ticket and pre-show with Hedda Lettuce and the show starts at 7pm. It's at Chelsea Cinemas on the corner of 8th Avenue and 23rd Street across from Crispy Creme Donuts and next to East of Eighth restaurant.

DR Ben, Matt Ashford along with his daughter, Grace did a reading of that play last spring I believe through the Interact Theatre in LA. His daughter read the part. DR Stephanie attended it and was quite impressed by it.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2006, 08:57:21 AM »

DR Ben - As for "The Bad Seed"...  I'll have to send my regrets, since I'm heading back down to DC tonight (and heading back up this weekend - one more carload of of stuff for my apartment).  And Dr Jason is currently en route to Orlando for SETCs - he'll be back Sunday.  So...  I'm not sure about DRs TPunk and Rodzinski.

I really would like to go tomorrow, especially since Hedda will be back from her "vacation".  But...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2006, 09:03:22 AM »

Originally, I wasn't planning on heading back down to DC until this weekend, but since I have the time...  But I'm planning on heading back up on Saturday or Sunday morning at the latest.  It will be nice to have the rest of my kitchen equipment up here, as well as a good chunk of my CD collection.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2006, 09:05:00 AM »

OH!

And the Krispy Kreme in Chelsea on 23rd closed a little while back. -And I believe that was the first Krispy Kreme location to open in NYC.  Now there's just Penn Station and the East Side.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2006, 09:05:19 AM »

I had read somewhere that Jackman was interested in reviving PAL JOEY, but honestly, I don't see how it could happen with his film commitments and that tour of THE BOY FROM OZ in Australia.

Perhaps he has a clone...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2006, 09:08:20 AM »

Vixmom - thanks for asking - WAY better today. Feeling feisty. May actually ask the ex to remove himself from the loft so I can move in... hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!! MINE!!
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2006, 09:08:49 AM »

May buy him out...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2006, 09:09:21 AM »

Just came to me - not ten minutes ago!! Hahahahahahaaaaa!!!
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2006, 09:09:33 AM »

OH!

And the Krispy Kreme in Chelsea on 23rd closed a little while back. -And I believe that was the first Krispy Kreme location to open in NYC.  Now there's just Penn Station and the East Side.

We just got a Krispy Kreme about 18 months ago in Fargo... Not overly impressed with it....

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2006, 09:10:40 AM »

May throw my car into the deal. What's it gonna cost me to finally be completely SEPARATED from that little so and so....
PennyO

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2006, 09:11:30 AM »

So much for der B and myself heading in for Philly today.  The store called, wants me in this afternoon.  Der B now wants us to head in tomorrow night.

So much for some of the shopping we were planning.

On the other hand, I've got another batch of onion soup made for tonight's dinner.  Using white onions this time, which caramelized nicely.  Strange, how the sweet onions from the last attempt didn't caramelize at all.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2006, 09:11:38 AM »

A little Tough Love comin' - I can feel it!!!!! Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!!

(oh, the girl is a madwoman today, I can tell ya!)
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2006, 09:12:18 AM »

Ooooooohhh! gimme summa that soup!
PennyO

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2006, 09:12:39 AM »

May throw my car into the deal. What's it gonna cost me to finally be completely SEPARATED from that little so and so....

I wish you well in sending him ON HIS WAY!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up