Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Down

Author Topic: AND THE WINNER IS...  (Read 50550 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:AND THE WINNER IS...
« Reply #1140 on: March 05, 2006, 11:07:28 PM »

I also bought a used copy of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," and like "WOTW," I haven't watched it, either. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #1141 on: March 05, 2006, 11:08:23 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~ PAGE 39 DANCE!! ~~~[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #1142 on: March 05, 2006, 11:14:54 PM »

Wow...39 pages!  Who'da thunk it? ;)

George

« Reply #1143 on: March 05, 2006, 11:15:31 PM »

And now, this is my gratuitous 6800th Post! ;D

Tomovoz

« Reply #1144 on: March 05, 2006, 11:16:31 PM »

On the other hand (the left) a trip to the cinema to see "Narnia" was very much worthwhile.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1145 on: March 05, 2006, 11:18:43 PM »

20+ posts and page 40 may be reached!  It's possible in 40 minutes.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #1146 on: March 05, 2006, 11:19:06 PM »

I enjoyed "Narnia" very much.  I can't wait to see how the rest turn out...assuming that the other six books will be made into movies. :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #1147 on: March 05, 2006, 11:19:37 PM »

Where are NW DRs Ann and Jed? Perhaps I should not ask that.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #1148 on: March 05, 2006, 11:19:59 PM »

20+ posts and page 40 may be reached!  It's possible in 40 minutes.

Let's do it! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1149 on: March 05, 2006, 11:20:26 PM »

Last year's winner for "Score" was certainly IMHO one of the best in many a year. "Finding Neverland". I'm not a fan of Mr William's scores which to my mind could be interchangeable.  (I know I Know I know).

I liked that score...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1150 on: March 05, 2006, 11:21:06 PM »

Let's do it! ;D

I am game. I would love to hit 1200
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #1151 on: March 05, 2006, 11:21:14 PM »

Last year's nominees included films I am really pleased to have added to my collection - great to share with others and to rewatch.  I'm not sure that this year's films will match up.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1152 on: March 05, 2006, 11:21:56 PM »

I enjoyed "Narnia" very much.  I can't wait to see how the rest turn out...assuming that the other six books will be made into movies. :)

I really liked the books and I did enjoy the movie. I also enjoyed the BBC version that was done back in the 1990s.

Tomovoz

« Reply #1153 on: March 05, 2006, 11:22:25 PM »

Last year's favourites for me were "The Chorus", "Finding Neverland" and "The Motorcycle Diaries".  
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1154 on: March 05, 2006, 11:23:08 PM »

Another score I really like is from a few years ago, Michael Collins.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1155 on: March 05, 2006, 11:23:21 PM »

40 pages.  Can you imagine the errant and truant when they log on in the morning?  

George

« Reply #1156 on: March 05, 2006, 11:23:52 PM »

My sister bought the Narnia videos that BBC did.  My aunt is a nun down in California and my sister gave our aunt the videos and bought herself the DVD set when that was released.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1157 on: March 05, 2006, 11:23:54 PM »

It think we only need about ten or twelve more posts to reach page 40.  I'm going to write the notes now.

George

« Reply #1158 on: March 05, 2006, 11:24:24 PM »

40 pages.  Can you imagine the errant and truant when they log on in the morning?  

They will be shocked and in awe! ;D

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1159 on: March 05, 2006, 11:24:26 PM »

Last year's favourites for me were "The Chorus", "Finding Neverland" and "The Motorcycle Diaries".  

Motorcyle Diaries was good but I loved Finding Neverland and I do have that in my collection. Beautifully done.

Tomovoz

« Reply #1160 on: March 05, 2006, 11:24:52 PM »

I will certainly buy a copy of "The Chronicles Of Narnia" on DVD.  I have ordered a copy of "Mrs Henderson Presents".  It is issued in the UK this month.
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1161 on: March 05, 2006, 11:25:04 PM »

It think we only need about ten or twelve more posts to reach page 40.  I'm going to write the notes now.

They are going to be stunned when they see this tomorrow!

George

« Reply #1162 on: March 05, 2006, 11:25:52 PM »

I will certainly buy a copy of "The Chronicles Of Narnia" on DVD.  I have ordered a copy of "Mrs Henderson Presents".  It is issued in the UK this month.

I still want to see "Mrs. Henderson Presents."  I don't remember if it's still playing around here, but I certainly plan to buy it, also.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1163 on: March 05, 2006, 11:25:54 PM »

I look forward to getting Narnia on DVD and also Brokeback Mountain. I hear the latter comes out in April.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1164 on: March 05, 2006, 11:26:45 PM »

I still want to see "Mrs. Henderson Presents."  I don't remember if it's still playing around here, but I certainly plan to buy it, also.

I have heard about it but it has not come to Fargo yet.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1165 on: March 05, 2006, 11:27:17 PM »

We must be getting close to page 40

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1166 on: March 05, 2006, 11:28:29 PM »

I feel like a petulant child in the backseat whining....

Are we there yet?

Tomovoz

« Reply #1167 on: March 05, 2006, 11:30:06 PM »

"Mrs Henderson.." had done very well at the Box Office here - but then Australia loves Dame Judi Dench.
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #1168 on: March 05, 2006, 11:30:53 PM »

For quite a while, I thought that "The Motorcycle Diaries" was the title to the movie written by, directed by, starring, produced by, cinematography by, edited by, ........... etc., etc., etc., Vincent Gallo, but his movie is actually called "The Brown Bunny."  I had heard of this movie (BB), and that it was all about this guy riding his motorcycle for more than an hour of the movie, so that's why I thought it was called "The Motorcycle Diaries."  But it's not, it's called "The Brown Bunny."  From what I've heard about it, it's not a very good movie.

George

« Reply #1169 on: March 05, 2006, 11:31:22 PM »

The next post will get us to Page 40!! ;D
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41   Go Up