Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CLUB SANDWICH  (Read 21025 times)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:THE CLUB SANDWICH
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2003, 01:12:12 PM »

I think I mentioned my latest Christmas decoration acquistion the other day...It's an 18" Bing Crosby dressed in a Santa suit.  You hit the button in the pedestal he stands on and he sings four different Christmas tunes (one with the Andrew Sisters), his hand moves the microphone, and his jaw moves up and down in vague sync with the tunes being played.  I picked it up last year at a post-Christmas sale, for $9.99 at Penney's.  It originally retailed for $40 bucks.  Der Bingle now stands atop the baby grand in the living-room and I'm sure it will get lots of play at the Christmas party on the 14th.

Tomovoz

« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2003, 01:12:48 PM »

DR Jed: Surely someone has photographs.  Now that would be a "Christmas Present" for all and sundried but I guess we don't have a ghost of a chance.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2003, 01:14:09 PM »

DR Charles: Where does Bing keep his Andrews sisters?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2003, 01:14:26 PM »

Tom - I'm ever so thankful there were no cameras in the vicinity at either rehearsal. :)
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2003, 01:15:30 PM »

Candy - When in doubt, I go for Butterfinger.  Also a big Reese's fan.  Do enjoy a good Almond Joy.  Prefer my Snickers frozen.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2003, 01:20:37 PM »

Dear Tom...The Andrew Sisters just seem to be ethereal, disembodied voices that appear (or not, as the case may be) as invisible back-up as Der Bingle croons Here Comes Santa Claus...

Charles Pogue

« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2003, 01:21:29 PM »

Candy...M&M peanuts and Three Musketeers

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2003, 01:27:48 PM »

Please give Julieanne a hug from everyone, including me.

I can think of a few people on the Internet who deserve the fate that the man in Germany is accused of perpetrating.  

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2003, 01:29:05 PM »

DR Maya wrote:
Hmmm....I'm in a sweet mood...so my question for BK and DRs...what is your favorite candy?  Mine right now would be Almond Joys, but it changes on a daily basis!

Okay this is going to sound bad, but I don't even know what an Almond Joy is.  I wonder if maybe they don't have those in Canada. I have heard people mention them before. But I have never tasted one.  

DR MBarnum wrote:
Recently came across a new type of Reeses Peanut Butter cup which has the peanut butter on the outside and the chocolate on the inside.

Was it you who mentioned the Reeses peanut butter M&Ms?

Where do I get these?  I want to try them both! The peanut butter on the outside sounds good!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 01:31:57 PM by Jennifer »

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2003, 01:46:50 PM »

Jennifer, I think I may need to send you a care package! If you e-mail me your mailing address I will send you some peanut butter m&ms and the new PB Cups with the PB on the outside. You Canadians are missing out on some tasty treats!

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2003, 01:47:36 PM »

Ok, what happened to Julieanne...I must have missed something.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2003, 01:47:56 PM »

Mars Bar!

Good thoughts to DR Julianne Pogue.  What a frightening thing - the holidays are such desperate times for some people....

DR Jed - well, who knows HOW a Ghost is supposed to dress, anyway?  And if nothing else, a pair of nice contrast color sweat pants might look elfish in a way....and you could wear them knicker style or in your boots, or in your hat for that matter.

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #102 on: December 03, 2003, 01:57:10 PM »

Jed - I second the picture vote...that would have been wonderful (an ALNM reference)

Christmas Decorations - When was a kid I loved putting lights up in my room...so soothing to fall asleep in a light colored glow.  But my mother instilled in me a perpetual fear that said lights would catch fire and burn me to a crisp in my bed, so I always had to turn them off before bed.
Her fire fear was also the reason we had a fake tree most every year.  We have Chirstmas lights up on our porch, but they stay up year round.  For a good reason, though.  We often host performers coming in from out of town, and the lights serve as a landmark people can look for.
Here in my apartment i have only one deoration...a fake tree that i bought when I first moved in.  It's one of those trees that has the lighted bits that change color in them....there's a name for this that I'm totally blanking on.  Any help?  Anyway, it's a simply little decoration.  Sometimes i string lights up by the window, sometimes not.  This year probably not, since I'll be in Hawaii for Christmas break.

Candy - I loves me a good Almond Joy...can't go wrong with Reese's.  Way back when they used to have a Twix bar with fudge instead of caramel...those were SO good...but they stopped making them.  Also always been a big fan of Rolos.  Oh, and how can I forget Junior Mints? always best when frozen...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #103 on: December 03, 2003, 01:59:13 PM »

DR TomFromOz:  There's more "juicy" news about that item regarding the German who ate someone he met on the internet.

The "victim" responded to the cannibal's ad and "volunteered" to be consumed!

That's right, this is the defense the man has going -- that he advertised for a victim; that he had been consumed, as it were, since he was in school with the notion of eating his classmates.  The ad was his way of seeking fulfillment and he claims his victim responded and was a willing meal!

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: December 03, 2003, 01:59:41 PM »

About time TCB. Poor Jed has frozen snickers he has waited so long. "Poor Jed is Dud" doesn't sound quite right.
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2003, 02:02:55 PM »

DR MBarnum...The skinny on Julieanne is back on page three.  

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2003, 02:02:59 PM »

Side note - while reading Jed's tights story again (he's right, he had me in hysterics last night)  I started laughing again, and the 18 month old, who is sitting on my lap as i read, decided that something had to be really funny and he started laughing too without having any idea why...kids can be so cute...

Charles Pogue

« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2003, 02:04:35 PM »

DR MBarnum...post #83

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2003, 02:04:57 PM »

I love all of the candy so far named.

Anybody remember Zero candy bars? How about Payday?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jed

« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2003, 02:09:03 PM »

Ahh yes, a Payday bar can be quite good.  I do remember seeing Zero bars around, but don't believe I've ever had one.

Jed

« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2003, 02:10:58 PM »

And not to neglect Aussie candy, I do remember enjoying something called a Violet Crumble once upon a time.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2003, 02:13:11 PM »

Tonight we'll be trying Leg Covering for Jed #3.  My Ghost of Christmas Present costume for A Christmas Carol is Henry VIII-esque, with a tunic that comes to just above my knees.  No audience needs to be subjected to my blindingly white legs, so we want some sort of tights on me.

"Blindingly white"?  As in, what a ghost is supposed to look like?

Me, I loves me some Almond Joy.  Yes, I do!
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jed

« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2003, 02:17:02 PM »

Noel, if you saw my leg color in non-summer months, you wouldn't want 'em on stage either. :D

MBarnum

« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2003, 02:19:33 PM »

Does anyone remember Flicks? I always bought them when I went to the movies as a kid in the 70s. They were like giant chocolate chips and the came in a cardboard tube with covered with shiny paper. MMMMMmmmmmmmmm.

Tomovoz

« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2003, 02:19:36 PM »

And not to neglect Aussie candy, I do remember enjoying something called a Violet Crumble once upon a time.
They are still favourites (favorites Ron) here and I am fairly sure Jose has now tasted them too. Chocolate frogs are still high on the  list. Thanks Jed, we OZ people in Washington's far SW county do not like to be neglected.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 02:20:46 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2003, 02:21:31 PM »

Jed do you wish people a Mary Christmas or a Marry Christmas up there in them hills?

Since both words are said exactly the same, what difference does it make?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2003, 02:23:24 PM »

Jennifer, I think I may need to send you a care package! If you e-mail me your mailing address I will send you some peanut butter m&ms and the new PB Cups with the PB on the outside. You Canadians are missing out on some tasty treats!

I honestly don't know if we are missing out on them or not. I have not seen them.

I wonder if it is just in your part of the country that they are testing these products. Or if they are new every where.

Thanks for this sweet message. I really needed it right now.

Emily

« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2003, 02:25:06 PM »

Good vibes to Julienne Pogue and to all people affected by the inability of a state to properly impose backgroud checks on gun owners' psychological conditions.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 02:26:28 PM by Emily »
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jed

« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2003, 02:26:04 PM »

Jennifer - We've had Peanut Butter M&M's for a few years now, so that's certainly not a regional testing thing.  I've heard of the inside-out Reese's cups... may have to find some and give 'em a try.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #119 on: December 03, 2003, 02:29:18 PM »

And Almond Joys have been around for decades. I have to admit, the inside out Reece's cups are new to me, too.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up