Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BURSTING HEAD  (Read 58601 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:THE BURSTING HEAD
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2006, 01:30:01 PM »

I'm kind of surprised Fox has not given us a box of Webb comedies like his Mr. Belvedere films or DREAMBOAT. Of course, we've got THE RAZOR'S EDGE and LAURA and THREE COINS IN THE FOUNTAIN and and TITANIC and THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE and CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN, so I guess they feel there is plenty of Webb out there for the fans.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: March 21, 2006, 01:32:17 PM »

Page Six Buzz Lightyear Dance!!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2006, 01:34:34 PM »

Doesn't DREAMBOAT also feature the Misses Anne Francis and Ginger Rogers?

I remember thinking that the "young" Webb and Rogers in the silent movies looked awfully old!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2006, 01:50:01 PM »

Happy Birthday to Mr Sondheim and that other guy.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: March 21, 2006, 01:52:14 PM »

Just got 3 vintage LPs transferred to CD and delivered back to me....OCR of TURNABOUT THEATER w/ Ms. Elsa Lancaster and Ms. Dorothy Neumann.....Billy Graham DECADE OF DECISION (music from Billy Graham film classics)....and...finally...WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS - 15 Great Christmas Favorites sung by Warner Bros. Stars.

Tomovoz

« Reply #155 on: March 21, 2006, 01:56:25 PM »

Just got 3 vintage LPs transferred to CD and delivered back to me....OCR of TURNABOUT THEATER w/ Ms. Elsa Lancaster and Ms. Dorothy Neumann.....Billy Graham DECADE OF DECISION (music from Billy Graham film classics)....and...finally...WE WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS - 15 Great Christmas Favorites sung by Warner Bros. Stars.
Here's  your reminder Michael..   LOL
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2006, 01:57:34 PM »

It is cloudy and windy and sprinkling rain. After 143 days with no rain, this is the third time it has rained in ten days.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #157 on: March 21, 2006, 01:59:01 PM »

That was NOT a complaint, by the way.

Tomovoz

« Reply #158 on: March 21, 2006, 02:00:28 PM »

Yeah yeah yeah for the rain DearReader Laura.

"Rain I don't mind" (Lennon & McCartney)
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #159 on: March 21, 2006, 02:01:17 PM »

I should have checked. That may have been Harrison!!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: March 21, 2006, 02:05:34 PM »

Whew!  L & Mc.  
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: March 21, 2006, 02:05:39 PM »

Doesn't DREAMBOAT also feature the Misses Anne Francis and Ginger Rogers?

I remember thinking that the "young" Webb and Rogers in the silent movies looked awfully old!

Yes, they are both in it, and I had exactly the same reaction when I saw DREAMBOAT for the first time. No amount of makeup or lighting could youthen those faces. In fact, it made them seem even older!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 02:06:08 PM by Matt H. »

DearReaderLaura

« Reply #162 on: March 21, 2006, 02:07:16 PM »

One thing you can count on here in Arizona is LOTS of sunshine. The last three outdoor activities we have planned have been rained upon. I think I know what I need to do.

Ginny

« Reply #163 on: March 21, 2006, 02:09:02 PM »

DR Cillaliz - your house is a beautiful snow castle.  The snowstorm here is not spectacular, just annoying.  A lot of schools were closed today, but it takes a Level 3 snow emergency or something like that to close the libraries.  I'm approved to leave an hour early tonight, which should get me home before things freeze up completely.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: March 21, 2006, 02:23:31 PM »

Whenever I hear or read of Leelee Sobieski, I think of Heather Donahue.

I think of hte miniseries, Joan of Arc
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: March 21, 2006, 02:25:14 PM »

Another event for me was when the Minnesota Twins, won the world Series as underdogs in 1987 and 1991. The world series of 2004 when the Red Sox beat the Evil Empire aka The Yankees is also memorable!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #166 on: March 21, 2006, 02:27:25 PM »

Waco and the burning of the Branch Davidians really made me sad.   It was even sadder after I saw the photos from the trial with the agents posing with their guns with flames in the background and huge smiles on their faces...sick.

The US Hockey team win in whatever year Olympics  that was.  I remember jumping up and down and dancing around the room.

I also remember Waco.....

1980 Olympics: US beating USSR in hockey..... What a moment!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #167 on: March 21, 2006, 02:28:11 PM »

I took this this morning

Are you sure you are not in the Alps dear??

Beautiful picture!

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: March 21, 2006, 02:34:06 PM »

Heading down now for the usual cleaning chores and then on to tonight's TV line-up.

WBBL.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: March 21, 2006, 02:34:28 PM »

...and speaking of Tarzan...sometimes I forget what a handsome man Buster Crabbe is...but this was a reminder...

Here is another Tarzan spotting....

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: March 21, 2006, 02:41:32 PM »

This morning's visiting family of King Parrots.
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: March 21, 2006, 02:42:40 PM »

TOD - Several DRs mentioned 2 events that I did not see until well after their actual occurence.  The day of the Challenger explosion, I was trying to soothe an infant son into a nap.  He had just nodded off when the phone rang >:(.  It was my mother-in-law telling me about the space shuttle - that really put little Robbie's sleeplessness into perspective.  DH Richard was an elementary principal at the time and had quite a time dealing with all the distraut children who'd been watching live in their classrooms.

On 9-11, I was at work, where we have no TV.  The internet, upon which we rely heavily for breaking news, went all glitchy for a while.  Even Google was telling people that there was too much internet traffic and to tune into TV or radio.  I didn't see any footage of any of those events until I got home that evening.

Some other moments, that I did see that have not yet been mentioned:

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have a Dream" speech
Scott Hamilton's return to the ice after his cancer treatment
The Cincinnati Reds' World Series sweep at the end of their "wire to wire" season
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #172 on: March 21, 2006, 02:43:05 PM »

This morning's visiting family of King Parrots.

Beautiful visitors Tom!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: March 21, 2006, 02:49:19 PM »

And Elvis has been spotted alive!!

and more evidence

« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 02:50:56 PM by DakotaCelt »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2006, 02:55:48 PM »

And Elvis has been spotted alive!!

and more evidence

Hmmmm...he doesn't look much like Elvis to my eyes....more like a WWF wrestler....

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2006, 02:56:32 PM »

Quick...somebody else reply to the original so we get three sets of the same photo in a row.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2006, 02:56:45 PM »

oops.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2006, 02:58:18 PM »

Beautiful visitors Tom!!

Yes...no cyclone's troubling Tom's environment, at least.

What I wonder, though, is whether birds in the affected areas flock into other, unaffected areas...and has TomovOz ever noticed such things.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2006, 03:07:18 PM »

Thanks for the wonderful picture of the snow covered home environment Cillaliz! I tell you that is one of the most beautiful houses I have seen, seriously! It is the kind I would pick out for myself!

Thanks. It needed and still needs a lot of TLC  (read hard physical labor ala HGTV) and updating of the various systems - heating, plumbing and electric (read $$). But I really don't mind.  I love living here and everything I do just makes it more mine.   Funny, I haven't had a fire in either of the fireplaces yet. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2006, 03:09:58 PM »

LeeLee was also in DRCP's HERCULES miniseries.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up