Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BURSTING HEAD  (Read 58604 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE BURSTING HEAD
« Reply #180 on: March 21, 2006, 03:12:02 PM »

And Elvis has been spotted alive!!

and more evidence

I do have to say the actor did do well and is he better looking than a wrestler
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #181 on: March 21, 2006, 03:12:47 PM »

Are you sure you are not in the Alps dear??

Beautiful picture!

Well it is the Loess Hills....I guess you could call them the Iowa Alps

Cillaliz

« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2006, 03:14:45 PM »

This morning's visiting family of King Parrots.

That is so cool. I've never seen Parrots in the wild. It must be wonderful to see them

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2006, 03:16:51 PM »

DR Ginny - I was watching when Scott Hamilton returned to the ice. I think I cheered and cried at the same time

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2006, 03:21:10 PM »

Well it is the Loess Hills....I guess you could call them the Iowa Alps

Mountains are in the mind of the beholder. It is a lovely house
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2006, 03:22:29 PM »

Yes...no cyclone's troubling Tom's environment, at least.

What I wonder, though, is whether birds in the affected areas flock into other, unaffected areas...and has TomovOz ever noticed such things.

We've certainly noticed that birds in this area know how to "escape" in bush fire season etc.. Amazing how quickly htey return here when the vegetation has regenerated.

Early warning signals seem to exist to help ensure the survival of the birdlife in times of natural disasters.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 03:37:53 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: March 21, 2006, 03:33:31 PM »

We've certainly noticed that birds in this area know how to "escape" in bush firse season etc.. Amazing how quickly htey return here when the vegetation has regenerated.

Early warning signals seem to exist to help ensure the survival of the birdlife in times of natural disasters.

Animals truly have a sense of impending bad weather....

Tomovoz

« Reply #187 on: March 21, 2006, 03:36:09 PM »

"Rain creates problems for Larry clean-up".

Headline on Yahoo here today.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 03:37:12 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: March 21, 2006, 03:37:43 PM »

T.O.D.

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is The Crusades.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: March 21, 2006, 03:38:46 PM »

You have have aged well like fine cheese and wine!

Tomovoz

« Reply #190 on: March 21, 2006, 03:39:01 PM »

I loved that telecast.
As Tim Rice  said - truly our Saladin Days.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #191 on: March 21, 2006, 03:39:33 PM »

Evening all!

DR Elmore, how are you doing?

DR Cillaliz, so you had to break out the powdered sugar, huh?  Seriously I thought you house looked lovely but I worry about all the snow on your roof.  Don’t you have to go up there and get that weight off of it?   That’s one of the things I think about when Mom says she wants to move up North.  

Of all the things I do, I REALLY can’t see myself climbing up on the roof in the dead of winter to shovel snow off of it.

I was up early to go for a doctor related test.  Even with this surgery, I still have to keep an eye on kidney stones.  I had to have a KUB done for an appointment with the kidney doctor next week that was planned months ago.  

Then I had to take Bonnie to the dealership to have a look at that crack that has developed under the rear windshield wiper down to the bottom of the hatch back.   I was told that it is covered by the factory warranty so it won’t cost me anything.  

They are ordering the replacement panel, will have it painted and then I just have to take Bonnie to them for a few hours to get it installed.  Much better then what the first lady on the phone told me—that they would have to keep Bonnie for several days  :o and send her out for the paint job.

I had a lovely phone call from Jane just after I got home from all this and when we finished, I went and laid down.  I have to stop that because there won’t be any laying down when I go back to work.  But I was soooo tired.  
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 03:43:34 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #192 on: March 21, 2006, 03:41:22 PM »

"Rain creates problems for Larry clean-up".

Headline on Yahoo here today.

That's our Larry--if you don't watch  him, he's all over the sidewalk!   ;) :D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 03:42:13 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: March 21, 2006, 03:42:07 PM »

Evening all!

DR Elmore, how are you doing?

DR Danise, I'm doing fine!  I've been digging in storage boxes for the past 30 minutes for a copy of "The Trolley Song."  Rob Fisher just called to see if I could score it by tomorrow night to be copied on Thursday for Liz Callaway to sing with the New York Pops on Friday.  I'm biding my time waiting for the go-ahead now.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: March 21, 2006, 03:42:22 PM »

TOD - the Oswald/Harvey Moment, 9-11, the Branch Davidian compound being torched by the "good guys"

The first time I saw Wizard of Oz changed my life

The Moon Walk  

Michael Jackson?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: March 21, 2006, 03:42:45 PM »

That's our Larry--if you don't watch  him, he's all over the sidewalk!   ;) :D

Luckily, yesterday's clean-up wasn't too messy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2006, 03:43:48 PM »

Well, I'm awaiting the overnight delivery of the video of Sunday night's run-through of the show I'm supposed to run this weekend in Seattle. The Dancemaster told me several dancers were missing, and the men's choir had only 4 voices in it... but that the REAL problem is the Bulgarians' costume changes. Something like 7 minutes, for one of the changes... OY!!! Okay, I'll be the Bad Cop on Thursday and Friday! We'll rehearse the costume changes, until they get it down to 2 and a half minutes and get their behinds into formation in the wings. "Better! Let's do it again!"

PennyO, what is this show in Seattle?
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2006, 03:44:50 PM »

I'm just glad that your ok.  I thought about you several times today when I was in the different waiting rooms so if your ears were burning, it was me.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2006, 03:45:23 PM »

Danise, you do not have to shovel snow off of the roof.

Danise

« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2006, 03:47:31 PM »

You don't?  I thought you did or the weight would break the roof in.  

DR TomovOz--what lovely birds.  Do you have any nesting boxes for them?  Do you ever get to see the babies?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #200 on: March 21, 2006, 03:54:17 PM »

The birds nest in the holes in trunks of dead trees DR Danise.  Each year we look forward to the arrival of the young at our feeders. We don't get to see the babies until they can fly.  We do have other birds  honeyeaters that nest in garden bushes though. I need a new camera with a lens sutiable to take photographs of these smaller birds. Many of them are not particularly shy either! I guess they know they are safe in this garden.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #201 on: March 21, 2006, 04:07:30 PM »

I'll look forward to seeing those pictures.

I had one of those little shocks when I was cruzing the net last night.  You all know that I like Babylon 5 but I didn't know that Richard Biggs (Dr. Franklin) passed away back in 2004!  He was so young!

I know these things happen but I've been watching my B5 DVD's this week so it was like he was right here, if you know what I mean.  What a shockaroo.  I'm very sorry for his family and friends.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2006, 04:07:54 PM »

Well, I'm awaiting the overnight delivery of the video of Sunday night's run-through of the show I'm supposed to run this weekend in Seattle. The Dancemaster told me several dancers were missing, and the men's choir had only 4 voices in it... but that the REAL problem is the Bulgarians' costume changes. Something like 7 minutes, for one of the changes... OY!!! Okay, I'll be the Bad Cop on Thursday and Friday! We'll rehearse the costume changes, until they get it down to 2 and a half minutes and get their behinds into formation in the wings. "Better! Let's do it again!"

PennyO, what is this show in Seattle?

Penny's doing a show in Seattle?? :o Oh my goodness!  I missed her original post!  I would love to see you in a show (and meet you in person)...what do you mean by "show I'm supposed to run...." ??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2006, 04:08:08 PM »

The birds nest in the holes in trunks of dead trees DR Danise.  Each year we look forward to the arrival of the young at our feeders. We don't get to see the babies until they can fly.  We do have other birds  honeyeaters that nest in garden bushes though. I need a new camera with a lens sutiable to take photographs of these smaller birds. Many of them are not particularly shy either! I guess they know they are safe in this garden.

At least, the females.
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2006, 04:13:09 PM »

I'll look forward to seeing those pictures.

I had one of those little shocks when I was cruzing the net last night.  You all know that I like Babylon 5 but I didn't know that Richard Biggs (Dr. Franklin) passed away back in 2004!  He was so young!

I know these things happen but I've been watching my B5 DVD's this week so it was like he was right here, if you know what I mean.  What a shockaroo.  I'm very sorry for his family and friends.

Yes, it was a sad day... He was friends wiht Matt Ashford. He and other actor friends from his soap days and from Bab 5 held a benefit for his family. It was truly a sad occaision...

I have old tapes of when he was on Days as Marcus Hunter and it is bittersweet watching it.  

He was only 44.

Tomovoz

« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2006, 04:14:35 PM »

At least, the females.
Oh! You've seen the other photographs?
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2006, 04:18:03 PM »

Yes, it was a sad day... He was friends wiht Matt Ashford. He and other actor friends from his soap days and from Bab 5 held a benefit for his family. It was truly a sad occaision...

I have old tapes of when he was on Days as Marcus Hunter and it is bittersweet watching it.  

He was only 44.

The last I knew about him was that he and the guy who played Marcus (Jason Carter) on B5 were teaming up doing some kind of acting class.  The Biggs-Carter Experence, I believe.

I adored Marcus and the show where he and Dr Franklin went to Mars as a new married couple was one of my favorites.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 04:19:16 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: March 21, 2006, 04:19:05 PM »

I'm just glad that your ok.  I thought about you several times today when I was in the different waiting rooms so if your ears were burning, it was me.

Hot ears!  Hot!  Hot!  Hot ears!

Rob just called back; the emergency job is canceled, and I will survive without it.  I did get invited to the dress on Friday.  Goodie goodie!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2006, 04:21:35 PM »

He was good on that show... A talented actor....

Here is a picture I found of him when he was on Days... I know of better ones but it will do for now...

Danise

« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2006, 04:26:25 PM »

I never watched Days.  Alas, having to work really cuts into my daytime TV viewing.  LOL!

The only soap I get to see is OLTL because they play all of them on Sunday mornings on the soap net.  I only starting watching that because my Mom watches it during the week and I wanted to have something to talk with her about.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up