Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WALK ON THE WILD SIDE  (Read 24516 times)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
Re:WALK ON THE WILD SIDE
« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2004, 04:55:08 PM »

Of course, Ruta Lee's credit in 7Bf7B reads "Ruta Kilmonis."
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2004, 05:00:10 PM »

Well, I looked Jeff Richards up on IMDB.  Hardly an impressive theatrical career.  I always suspected he was getting the studio push during 7 Brides.  I can just hear the conversation between the exec. and the producer.

Exec: We're giving the kid the big studio push.  Use  'im in your next picture.

Prod:  But he can't sing or dance.

Exec:  Who cares?  We'll dub 'im.  Dance around him.  Show 'im off.  He's a big good-looking lug. Women will love 'em.

Then he sees the rushes:  Maybe we should drop this Richards guy.  He's a washout in this picture.  I mean look at 'im, he can't sing or dance!

By the by, Jeff Richards is a fake name.  But his real one wasn't Wayde Preston, merely Richard Taylor.  

So he isn't Wayde Preston, as I always suspected, but we could start the rumour that he is.

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2004, 05:16:39 PM »

Jeff Richards was a native Oregonian! Sadly he died drunk and alone in a little trailer someplace in California not too many years ago.

Ya, most of his movies were nothing to write home about, but for a B movie fan like myself..well, I have enjoyed quite a few of his films. LOL!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2004, 05:24:09 PM »

I do believe Charles Pogue nailed it, regarding men asking for directions.  On those occasions where my knack for finding places doesn't kick in, I do really enjoy wandering around, exploring the area, and just seeing where I wind up.  I'll also go on "where does this road go?" trips from time to time.  The one time I hate not knowing where I'm going is if there's any sort of time limit involved.  There is almost nothing I hate more than being late (or even pressed for time getting somewhere), and if the clock starts getting too close for my comfort, then any disorientation drives me completely batty.  I assure you all that DR Ann is nodding her head in emphatic agreement at this. :)

yes, yes I am  :)

Danise

« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2004, 05:28:11 PM »

Good evening all!

Good evening!

I made a most pleasing - and delicious - discovery while I was at the grocery store about an hour ago.  I was walking around trying to find something crunchy and/or salty and/or sweet to snack on that wouldn't derail my current eating plan.  Well, I began to walk by this "heathy foods" display when I noticed some interesting packages on one of the lower shelves.  Boy, am I glad I stopped and saw them!  (Almost a Weird Romance reference.)

The product:  Just The Cheese - Crunchy Baked Natural Cheese Snacks.  And from Wisconsin too!  I picked up two flavors/varieties - Herb & Garlic and Pizza.  Very tasty!  Very crunchy!  And since they're just made out of cheese and spices, they have virtually no carbs!  It's just like a "frico crisp", or those crunchy bit of cheese on a pizza.  I may have to check out the other flavors now: White Cheddar, Nacho and Ranch.  Oh - just checking the packaging.  They have a website:

http://www.specialcheese.com

-Oh, and for what it's worth... Three days... Five pounds!

;D

You go Jose!  I'll have to try those snacks.  Publix should have them if no other store.

Bad/good news on the house.  It's under contract.  Sigh.  Good news, I found out it needs five thousand in roof repairs ASAP so it wouldn't have been a good buy for me at this time.  I'm both happy and sad.  I was/am very afraid of taking on that much debt but I really wanted the house.  

No problem.  There will be another, better one someday.  :)

I liked the football player on AI.  I didn't hear anything wrong with what he sung and I hope he got picked.

I'm very good at finding my way back to anyplace I've been but as mentioned, when I temped, I always looked for the place the night before so I wouldn't misjudge and be late.

I can read a map but here in my home area, I can take you almost any place you want to go but I can't name the streets to get there.  I think I go by landmark.  I'm not even sure.  I just go to where ever it is.  

My Dad was good about teaching me about directions and such.  My poor Mom still can't remember that if she's looking out the kitchen window that's North.  If you look out our front door, that's South.  If you look at the TV , that's East and sitting in front of my computer, that's West.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2004, 06:03:08 PM »

I've been doing a little Gene McDaniel research. Did you know that he wrote the Roberta Flack hit, Feel Like Making Love?

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2004, 06:41:45 PM »

Three days, five pounds! Congratulations, DR Jose!

I'm having a very cozy evening. My first fire - in the fireplace, that is - in my new place. (I've been here just over three months. -- Does that still qualify as new?) Writing away as the fire crackles, the dog snores, and the rain falls outside. I think I shall put some frozen chestnuts in the micro to complete the picture. "Chestnuts roasting on an open microwave..."

Ben

« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2004, 06:45:15 PM »

For those of you interested, I am REALLY sorry if you thought that my earlier comment meant that Francois had passed away. He did not! He's alive (a generic horror film reference)! He's just not a poster here anymore. I should have phrased that remark in some better way.

Sorry for the confusion.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2004, 06:50:43 PM »

Was that why she changed her name after the movie? ;)

Julie Newmar changed her name?  Who is she now?  Meryl Streep?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Panni

« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2004, 06:51:29 PM »

I forgot to mention... Yesterday I made an excellent $7.00 investment. Bought a bean bag wrist support at Staples. I don't know why it never occured to me to do this before, but it makes a huge difference to be able to rest my wrist on this thing as I use my Mouse. So for any DRs who spend time at the computer and have not tried one of these (I may be the only one who hasn't) -- go and get one.  Anna's tip for the day.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #160 on: February 18, 2004, 07:00:41 PM »

TCB I know you are joking but for those who don't know, Julie Newmar is listed as Julie Newmeyer in the movie.

Jane

« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2004, 07:01:32 PM »

Oh, and Panni thanks for the suggestion.  I will have to look into the bean bag.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2004, 07:06:18 PM »

I forgot to mention... Yesterday I made an excellent $7.00 investment. Bought a bean bag wrist support at Staples. I don't know why it never occured to me to do this before, but it makes a huge difference to be able to rest my wrist on this thing as I use my Mouse. So for any DRs who spend time at the computer and have not tried one of these (I may be the only one who hasn't) -- go and get one.  Anna's tip for the day.

I have a gel type of bean bag wrist rest that I bought a few years ago.  LOVE IT!  Actually, it's a combined wrist rest and mouse pad.  And best of all, the gel pack is removable - and microwavable!  So nice for those quiet evenings at home.

...Or something like that...???

-Must be the lack of white sugar...

Oh - and as for tonight's American Idol decisions... Talk about suspense!  Damn those producers!!
Make Your Own Luck.

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #163 on: February 18, 2004, 07:22:08 PM »

Congrats on your loss, Jose!

Okay, so i just had a nice nap, and bounced awake just at 10. Weird sleeping habits these days. TV does it to me - never need a sleeping pill as long as there is a TV somewhere near... maybe I should move it into the bedroom???

Oh, it's after 7 on the West Coast! I can make my phone calls! I usually miss it, cuz I'm usually sleeping by now, and then up again at 3 or 4. oy.
PennyO

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #164 on: February 18, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

Ben: I'm so glad to hear that Francois is among us! My heart skipped a beat when I read your email. Not too long ago (when he was still posting), I received the nicest note from him about a video and was set to email him back about it. Now, please tell us why he's not posting here anymore! It surely couldn't be the company!

Panni: Your dentist appointment post brought me to my knees laughing! I just returned from taking my Dad to the dentist and that's just what they did! Said we should get this "sonic toothbrush." I spotted the cost in the manufacturer's brochure: $199.00! Good Golly, Molly! You're right! Everyone's a promoter! It seems, nowadays, no one in the health profession has your best interests at heart. So depressing.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: February 18, 2004, 07:53:06 PM »

Congrats on your loss, Jose!

Interesting turn of phrase... Hmmm....

And did you change rooms so you wouldn't have a "large actor" above you?  *I've worked with a conductor who's one "clause" he has in his contract is that he be on the top floor of wherever he is housed.  He can't stand the sound - or even the thought or possibility - of hearing someone walking on his ceiling.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: February 18, 2004, 07:53:21 PM »

TCB I know you are joking but for those who don't know, Julie Newmar is listed as Julie Newmeyer in the movie.

Sorry, I didn't know.  I don't like the movie, so I guess I never paid much attention to the credits.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #167 on: February 18, 2004, 08:07:47 PM »

TCB you don't have to be sorry. :)

Have a good evening all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: February 18, 2004, 08:18:39 PM »

Sorry I'm not on too much this evening.  Trying to keep the laptop cool until the fan problem is fixed.  Keep the home fries burning you dear, dear people.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: February 18, 2004, 08:25:38 PM »

Well, my home fries are still burning, so I guess I had better sign off.  Good night all!
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #170 on: February 18, 2004, 08:32:33 PM »

It's only 3.30pm TCB. What's this good night all?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #171 on: February 18, 2004, 08:34:40 PM »

Jeff Richards made the most of his best talent - looking good. I know he was dubbed in THE OPPOSITE SEX (sounds like Pete Roberts but I've never been sure about it), and I'm assuming he did no singing in SEVEN BRIDES either. I'm guessing only Tommy Rall sang of the six brothers other than Howard Keel. I know Bill Lee (yep, the same Bill Lee who sang for John Kerr in SOUTH PACIFIC and TEA AND SYMPATHY and for Christopher Plummer in THE SOUND OF MUSIC) sang for Matt Mattox in some scenes and for Jacques D'Amboise in others.

As for AMERICAN IDOL tonight, ;D
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: February 18, 2004, 08:38:15 PM »

Don't want to spoil the suspense for others, so I'll comment on the IDOL choices tomorrow.

Panni

« Reply #173 on: February 18, 2004, 08:42:11 PM »

As everyone is leaving, I guess I'll stop work for the night and eat something fattening. I'm probably one of the few people on this site trying to GAIN weight.  I lose weight when I'm writing hard (forget to eat) or stressed (lose appetite) or worried/unhappy (ditto) or... breathing... you name it, I lose a pound. I lost weight when I moved three months ago and am having trouble putting any back on. I gain a pound or two, and then I write to meet a deadline and lose it all, and more. My weight. What fascinating topic. Wake up, DRs!

Tomovoz

« Reply #174 on: February 18, 2004, 08:50:51 PM »

Is there some way a few of us can send you our excess weight Anna?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: February 18, 2004, 08:53:07 PM »

What is this everyone going away stuff?  When did our lovely Hainsies/Kimlets become such old fogies.  Why I remember a time when  we wuz only just beginning and the late-night denizens would show up and we would have posting frenzies.  But that was a long time ago, when I was knee-high to a grasshopper.  Now we iz old fogies.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2004, 08:58:41 PM »

Hey, I'm going to bed, but it's midnight on my coast. Hope everyone has a good evening.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: February 18, 2004, 09:02:31 PM »

..and since I really do want to try to get up early tomorrow morning - instead of at noon like I did today - I, too, must bid adieu..

A demain...

Goodnight
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #178 on: February 18, 2004, 09:03:41 PM »

If it were midnight at the oasis and you had to put your camel to bed we would be more understanding.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #179 on: February 18, 2004, 09:04:56 PM »

So what time is it in the desert Pete? Whoops,  Kerry.
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up