Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THINGS YOU FORGET  (Read 10938 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE THINGS YOU FORGET
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »

Watching the TAMI SHOW on my local PBS station.  Rather shocking and disillusioning to hear some of these songs performed live.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2010, 06:11:22 PM »

Page Six Oscar Anticipation Dance.  ;D

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2010, 06:11:27 PM »

I've been away from the computer conducting a test of our smoke detector broiling bacon-wrapped filets mignon.  Add baked potatoes and green beans and we had a fabulous dinner.  And now we know the smoke alarm works. 

I used to have problems with my smoke detector going off a lot too.  I wish there was a way (without turning off the smoke detector) to tell the smoke detector that you are only cooking.

I'm much more careful now. I open the window in the kitchen. But not much smoke from cooking can easily set off the alarm.

Jennifer

« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2010, 06:12:07 PM »

I am excited to watch the Oscars tomorrow. And even better for me the same station that is showing the Oscars here shows TAR. So they are showing it from 7-8pm. Yeah!

Laura

« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2010, 06:14:59 PM »

I've been away from the computer conducting a test of our smoke detector broiling bacon-wrapped filets mignon.  Add baked potatoes and green beans and we had a fabulous dinner.  And now we know the smoke alarm works. 

I used to have problems with my smoke detector going off a lot too.  I wish there was a way (without turning off the smoke detector) to tell the smoke detector that you are only cooking.

I'm much more careful now. I open the window in the kitchen. But not much smoke from cooking can easily set off the alarm.

I used to have problems with my smoke detector going off, too. Then I quit cooking.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jennifer

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2010, 06:15:34 PM »

Tomorrow my niece is going to see Disney on Ice- Princesses On Ice (her first time seeing an ice show). Today she asked if i would like to go with her. I told her that you had to buy the tickets in advance and that her tickets had assigned seats. So she proceeded to ask her mom if her friend (that she is going with) would have the seat beside hers. She didn't want to sit beside a stranger.

More worrisome is that I will be watching the 9 month old for approximately 4 hours. She is a momma's girl and often cries when her mom is not there.  I am guessing we will have to take her for a walk (she likes that). Although a 4 hour walk seems kind of long.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

I don't know about in Canada but here they are now installed farther away from the cooking appliances.  People have a tendency to take the batteries out when they go off too often.

Jennifer

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2010, 06:17:36 PM »

I used to have problems with my smoke detector going off, too. Then I quit cooking.

What a great solution! :)

I'm trying to remember what i used to cook that made the smoke detector go off so often. I know bacon is the worst.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2010, 06:17:37 PM »

I was hoping to catch some of the red carpet arrivals this evening, but I couldn't find any.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2010, 06:19:05 PM »

Tomorrow my niece is going to see Disney on Ice- Princesses On Ice (her first time seeing an ice show). Today she asked if i would like to go with her. I told her that you had to buy the tickets in advance and that her tickets had assigned seats. So she proceeded to ask her mom if her friend (that she is going with) would have the seat beside hers. She didn't want to sit beside a stranger.

;D

Good luck baby sitting there won't be tears!!

Jennifer

« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2010, 06:19:11 PM »

I don't know about in Canada but here they are now installed farther away from the cooking appliances.  People have a tendency to take the batteries out when they go off too often.

Mine is not that close to the kitchen. But it goes off (or used to go off) fairly easily.

My sister's i think is upstairs. And she can cook anything and it won't go off. But for a while i was almost afraid to make anything iffy. Because i'd set it off like 3 or 4 times.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2010, 06:21:11 PM »

I was hoping to catch some of the red carpet arrivals this evening, but I couldn't find any.

Red carpet is still rolled up Ryan Seacrest's car trunk.  He won't roll it out until tomorrow morning.

However, I think if you look closely tonight you might see Edy Williams and Sally Kirkland walking around over there.

Jennifer

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2010, 06:21:42 PM »

;D

Oh there will be tears. I babysat her for 1 1/2 hours on friday. Usually when i babysit my mom is there too. It is so much easier with 2 people. But on friday she cried, then threw her food on the floor. And then i had to get her dressed to go outside, and put her carseat in her stroller, while holding her. And then she started crying while i was putting on my jacket.

Tomorrow my brother-in-law will be there too for part of the time. Although every time my sister has left the baby with him she's cried almost the whole time.

Jennifer

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2010, 06:22:51 PM »

We don't get the E! channel in canada anymore. I really liked it while we had it. I liked watching ryan seacrest do the red carpets. I could watch an hour or two of fashion. But i guess i will only get the 30 minute pitiful ABC coverage from 8-8:30pm.

Jennifer

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2010, 06:24:00 PM »

I think I am gonna go watch last week's MEDIUM.   Earlier i watched WHITE COLLAR, which i still love.  Oddly enough i didn't care for Matt Bomer that much on either GUIDING LIGHT or CHUCK. But he just shines on WC. Such an amazing part.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2010, 06:24:22 PM »

Sounds like MR BK's book is moving along apace.

Laura

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2010, 06:25:24 PM »

I'm glad to know I found the things the others missed.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2010, 06:27:11 PM »

Oh drat!  I was supposed to go see DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRALS tonight, but I am sure I am going to forget to be there.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2010, 06:34:38 PM »

:D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2010, 06:47:01 PM »

Oh drat!  I was supposed to go see DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRALS tonight, but I am sure I am going to forget to be there.

They're holding the curtain for you.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2010, 06:49:19 PM »

They're holding the curtain for you.

Oh gosh, I hope not!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2010, 06:49:49 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2010, 06:51:53 PM »

;D

Oh there will be tears. I babysat her for 1 1/2 hours on friday. Usually when i babysit my mom is there too. It is so much easier with 2 people. But on friday she cried, then threw her food on the floor. And then i had to get her dressed to go outside, and put her carseat in her stroller, while holding her. And then she started crying while i was putting on my jacket.

Tomorrow my brother-in-law will be there too for part of the time. Although every time my sister has left the baby with him she's cried almost the whole time.

How annoying.  I feel bad for your brother-in-law.  I'm sure she will outgrow this stage in the near future.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2010, 06:53:44 PM »

Good Evening!

Well... I'm done. And I've been done since 5:00. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2010, 06:56:47 PM »

And then I met up with my friend, Daniel, who came in from Louisvile, for dinner.

The dinner/restaurant was just OK. Thankfully, the company was wonderful.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »

I ate a little of this, a little of that, and before I knew it I was too stuffed to do my exercises.  I had better go do a few stretches now. 

I didn't mean to eat so much as I either have a bug that as been causing migraine symptoms or I've had a migraine that is causing me to be sick.  Last night was the only time my head was really bad.  Once I did some heaving over the toilet I felt well enough to get some sleep.  Poor Keith thought I had hurt myself & was in the bathroom sobbing.  Maybe I was, I have an aversion to barfing & make more noise than action.;D

I think I'm getting better.  I didn't get sick until after PT yesterday & I was able to join Keith & Sherlock for a trip to the dog park & a nice walk on this beautiful day.  The fresh air felt wonderful.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »

Were any of the auditioning folks in the restaurant to say hi?

Jane

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »

'night

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2010, 06:59:01 PM »

On my way....see ya on Oscar Day.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2010, 06:59:25 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR JANE.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up