Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN IN ROME  (Read 22095 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re: WHEN IN ROME
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »

Sometimes the adoption coordinator will let me know. Not usually. I check their numbers on the online "see our available pets" list. These guys I won't know about, as four of the five are listed as "brown tabby," so I don't know which number goes to which kitten.

Don't you provide KittyPics for them to post?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »

Update on who might play Lisbeth in THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO movie:

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/07/21/girl-with-the-dragon-tattoo-casting-whos-in-the-mix-now/#more-10215

I thought Carey Mulligan kind of looked the part.  Oh well.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2010, 01:58:53 PM »

ARG!! I'm still feeling really cruddy, sore throat and coughing. Luckily the yard guys and handy men will be doing the work outside, but I really need to clean inside.  What I'd like to do is get some sleep.  Think I'll take it easy this morning.  I'm cutting back the plan.  I'll do all the bathrooms and finish the basement first, then move to the main floor.  I'm going to just tell everyone that upstairs is off limits. that will cut back what I need to do  and will give me a place to put a couple boxes of clutter.

I'm not surprised since you haven't given your body much resting time.  I admit, I rested and my summer cold lasted a good while.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »

DR Jane, I'm not sure if you will check in today. But we've now had 3 episodes of HOT IN CLEVELAND.  And I still like it.  To me Betty White is the absolute star of the show.  But I still really like Valerie Bertinelli a lot.

I agree about Betty While & think she gets the best lines.  We are still watching though we groan a lot.  We, or I, also laugh too.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2010, 02:16:05 PM »

I purchased the three "The Girl..." "Millennium" triology by Stieg Larsson yesterday.  Although I am reading the complete and unabridged  "Bruce Kimmel" at this time, I may have plenty of reading time in the next 10 weeks. My right hip, that was totally replaced in 1989, is beginning to hurt and cause me to take up using a cane. I have tentative replacement (hip revision) surgery scheduled for October 6th, so I should have plenty of reading time during the 10-12 week recovery period.

Not good.  Is that about the average time a hip replacement lasts?  What is involved in a revision surgery?
HIP VIBES!!!

Jane

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2010, 02:21:24 PM »

Wow. Usually those emails come from Nigeria, BK. Amazing that they are portraying it as coming from the US.

One thing is clear, though -- banks do not EVER give money away.

And especially if you're dead -- best line of the scam letter: "... our intention for contacting you is to confirm if you are dead ..." Wonder what they'd do if you called them and said yes I'm dead but I still want my money cause I can take it with me ...

;D 

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2010, 02:24:02 PM »

I have made our hotel and plane reservations for 6 days/5 nights in Orlando in September.  This will be the first time Richard and I have been to Florida together and only the second trip for each of us.  That makes us quite the oddity in our part of the world.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2010, 02:33:06 PM »

Heavy rains in Milwaukee caused a huge sink hole to swallow a traffic light and SUV.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2010, 02:33:37 PM »

Ginny I look forward to reading about your Orlando trip.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2010, 02:38:22 PM »

I've got everything prepped to announce our new release tonight - or maybe I'll just announce it now?  Given what happened three weeks ago, I'd jump on this very quickly.  So, you heard it here first and I'll repost tonight - best to do both because I'll be getting home late this evening, hence the notes will be late.  You know the drill - it's 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping (23.73) payable to paypal using our paypal address of kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  Very excited this is finally happening and I hope it makes everyone very happy.

Kritzerland is proud to present our new limited edition CD:

PROMISES, PROMISES
Original London Cast Album
Music by Burt Bacharach  Lyrics by Hal David

Yes, after our wham bang success with our two CD Promises, Promises Original Cast Album (which included the original LP mix on CD 1 and our newly-remixed version with the pitch-corrected vocals), and the one CD re-pressing of the newly-remixed version, we now present what is a Holy Grail for most cast album collectors: the Original London Cast Recording of Promises, Promises, starring Anthony Roberts, Betty Buckley, and Jack Kruschen (reprising the role he created in the film on which Promises is based – The Apartment – for which Kruschen received an Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor).  The London production opened in 1969 and ran a very healthy 560 performances and was loved by both audiences and critics, just as the Broadway production was. 

This is the first release of the Original London Cast Album, which has been mastered from the two-track album masters, which were in pristine condition.  It’s quite a different listening experience from the Broadway cast album, and equally fun in its own different way.  There are some interesting adjustments in the orchestrations occasionally, and naturally the recording balances are completely different than the original cast recording.  The cast is superb, with Buckley really socking home her numbers, and Roberts truly charming and lovable.  And it’s great to have Kruschen in the role he created in the film of The Apartment.  We’ve put the songs back into show order, as they were heard on the Broadway and London stage.
After the joy of being able to present the original cast album’s original LP mix on CD for the first time, as well as the newly mixed version with the pitch-corrected vocals, it’s an equally great pleasure to be able to finally present the London cast album, sounding better than ever.

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.   The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CD will ship by the first week of September – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

And for those who haven’t gotten the newly-mixed, pitch-corrected version, copies have been going fast, so don’t wait too long – the critics are calling it a “revelation.”

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 03:41:55 PM by bk »

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2010, 02:39:25 PM »

Thanks, DR Jane.  We're going for the installation of a bishop in the Anglican Province of America, which should be colorful and impressive.  Also, going to Epcot and, we hope, the Kennedy Space Center.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:17 PM »

I've decided that we're only doing Promises, Promises releases from now on :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2010, 02:43:29 PM »

Now, get me off this damn page.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2010, 03:20:06 PM »

I've decided that we're only doing Promises, Promises releases from now on :)
Well, it had better come to $23.73 since that's what I just sent you. I wish you'd include the shipping cost in your press release along with the price. Or did I miss it?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »

You missed it, baby.  It's right at the top writ clearly.

Thom

« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2010, 03:42:25 PM »

Not good.  Is that about the average time a hip replacement lasts?  What is involved in a revision surgery?
HIP VIBES!!!

Thanks for all the good vibes from Kritzerland. In the late 80's hip replacements were estimated to last about 10 years, so I have gotten twice the mileage.  Revision surgery is just like the initial hip replacement; they take out the "old" replacement and put in a "new" one.  I've already had this done with my left hip. Just call me the bionic man.  As an aside, hip surgery is one of the most successful operations in the US. I am thankful for the technology; otherwise I would be wheelchair bound.

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:21 PM »

Vibes, DR Thom!

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »

We are off to dinner at the local Greek fest - Opa!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »

HIP VIBES!!!

Thanks for all the good vibes from Kritzerland. In the late 80's hip replacements were estimated to last about 10 years, so I have gotten twice the mileage.  Revision surgery is just like the initial hip replacement; they take out the "old" replacement and put in a "new" one.  I've already had this done with my left hip. Just call me the bionic man.  As an aside, hip surgery is one of the most successful operations in the US. I am thankful for the technology; otherwise I would be wheelchair bound.

You're the hippest.  We don't allow groaning here at haineshisway.com.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2010, 03:50:00 PM »

DR Thom with new improvements in technology I hope you get 30 years from the new replacement.

Thom

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2010, 03:58:31 PM »

No groaning on my part!!!!   Just ordered Promises, Promises, Promises, Promises.......... (all future releases).  ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »

You missed it, baby.  It's right at the top writ clearly.
I sure did! Spoo.

Thank God I remembered the amount from the last two purchases!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Thom

« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2010, 04:01:05 PM »

DR Thom with new improvements in technology I hope you get 30 years from the new replacement.

Actually the "new" ones should last that long, but I don't know if I want to last until 97.   ;D

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2010, 04:17:31 PM »

YAY!!!! for the new Krtizerland release.  So glad that all the paperwork or whatever was found and cleared up.  Speaking of Kritzerland, there were Kritzerland treats in the mail today!!! 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2010, 04:22:05 PM »

Ozu?  What a funny little name.  It almost sounds foreign!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2010, 04:27:13 PM »

ARG!! I'm still feeling really cruddy, sore throat and coughing. Luckily the yard guys and handy men will be doing the work outside, but I really need to clean inside.  What I'd like to do is get some sleep.  Think I'll take it easy this morning.  I'm cutting back the plan.  I'll do all the bathrooms and finish the basement first, then move to the main floor.  I'm going to just tell everyone that upstairs is off limits. that will cut back what I need to do  and will give me a place to put a couple boxes of clutter.

I'm not surprised since you haven't given your body much resting time.  I admit, I rested and my summer cold lasted a good while.

When I try to rest I end up coughing so it is what it is.  I'm a little disgusted with the handy men right now. The son came and did weed eating he cleaned a lot up and charged me a little more than I thought he should have, but putting that aside.  I asked him to clean up the glass that had been left after they replaced windows.  After he left I went around the outside of the house and there was glass everywhere.  On all sides of the house...I'm also not that pleased with the way they did the windows, but they are better than they were. 

Anyway, I called the boss and asked him to let me know what I owe them now because I'm not going to go over budget and I'll skip the cement if I need to.  He has been trying to add to what they are doing every chance he gets, so I decided to nip that in the bud.  We'll see what he comes up with.  They still have more to do.  I'm not at all pleased that I had to do so much clean up after them.  To me if you do a job, you do the clean up.  Maybe I'm just cranky....our heat index is 103 right now and it wasn't a pleasant job to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2010, 04:27:39 PM »

Nothing on the horizon (Lost or otherwise).

Chelsea Classics is showing With a Song in My Heart on August 5th. I've never seen the entire movie so I may have toddle over and see Brini Maxwell and Susan Hayward do the Jane Froman story

A wonderfully wonderful film!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2010, 04:29:27 PM »

Funny hats?  Could that be the Blizzard of Oz?

I do miss you, Fred!
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »

We are off to dinner at the local Greek fest - Opa!

OPA!! I LOVE Greek Fests!

Laura

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2010, 04:32:09 PM »

I'm sorry about the handyman situation, Cillaliz.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up