Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH A SMILE AND A LAUGH AND A POTATO CHIP  (Read 19348 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:WITH A SMILE AND A LAUGH AND A POTATO CHIP
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2005, 11:54:28 AM »

Rodzinski and TPunk I would very much like to meet Kilbot and Walty.

Bruce good vibes Cindy is in town for the benefit.  

Jason

« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2005, 11:55:05 AM »

Jennifer,

Cook it til it's not pink anymore. Just take a knife and cut it open at the thickest part to check the color. There's no need to pre-cook chicken that is going to be cooked on the grill.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2005, 11:55:35 AM »

I was 23 and in love and performing and getting paid for it.

There are so unkind names for getting paid while performming love. ::)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2005, 11:59:01 AM »

Sorry i mean the chickens had legs and back, not legs and thigh.

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2005, 12:02:15 PM »

Jennifer when I was growing up we had an indoor grill in our dining room.  It was great.  I often cooked chicken and never once pre-cooked it.  I don’t remember it taking very long-just turned it once in awhile until it was completely cooked.

Do you mean like a george foreman type grill? Or do you mean a real grill (bbq) like what people have outside?

Hmmm, i am much better at cooking than i used to be.  But i'm not sure i should just turn it once in a while, or it probably won't be cooked.  I like to have an idea about how long it should take.

And i do have a thermometer now. But it's not an expensive one.  But i guess it should still give me a good idea if the chicken is cooked.

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2005, 12:04:07 PM »

Thanks for the tips DR Jason.  The only reason i was thinking of pre-cooking is because i didn't want to spend an hour standing outside grilling.

Jennifer

« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2005, 12:05:17 PM »

For DR RonP or other Big Brother watchers. Here is what someone else had to say about jen's "appearance" on housecalls (the show marcellas and gretchen host on the internet):

Jenn was on the phone for maybe 10 minutes, and it was really lame. Marcellas and Gretchen took it very easy on her. They asked about the swearing on your life, and about the plan to backdoor Ivette. Jenn apparently is living in some dream world, because all of her answers completely contradict what we're all seeing on the live feeds.
After she hung up, M&G apologized to the viewers for going easy on Jenn. Their hands were tied since she's on the jury, and were not allowed to give her any information. Therefore, they couldn't call her on her lies, or tell her how much she's hated. For instance, Gretchen asked her several questions about cheerleading!

Marcellas then went on a hilarious rant about how she's the most disgusting player in BB history, has no morals, and probably doesn't even have a soul.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2005, 12:08:12 PM »

BK, HIGH WINDOW is my favourite Philip Marlowe as well.

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2005, 12:09:56 PM »

One more grill question (hopefully DRs Jose and S. Woody White will read this before i have to make dinner).  And anyone else can answer to!

When you cook on the bbq outside, do you keep the heat on high? And when should I not do this?

For some reason i always cook everything on high (which i guess is between 500-600F.  I sometimes put food on the high rack (not touching the grill). But i never turn one side of the grill down (i know i probably should do this, but i never have).

Jed

« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2005, 12:12:26 PM »

And regarding Jed and your snoring - remember, snoring alone does not sleep apnea make. Don't ask if you're snoring - ask if you stop breathing! THAT'S what you should worry about.

Sure, she snores a bit, but most people do from time to time, so nothing to worry about there.  Not once have I noticed her to stop breathing, and as she falls asleep before I do 95% of the time, I think I'd have a good chance of noticing.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2005, 12:41:33 PM »

I shall now be on my way to luncheon.  I'll be back in a trice.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2005, 12:42:18 PM »

Rodzinski and TPunk I would very much like to meet Kilbot and Walty.

Bruce good vibes Cindy is in town for the benefit.  

We just got some pictures of Walty - here's one from the day he decided to hang out on the toilet.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 12:42:38 PM by TPunk »

Ben

« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2005, 12:42:36 PM »

Just one more day and I'll be caught up! I must read Sunday and perhaps I will do that tonight. I must go to the grocery store after work to buy provisions. We are down to nothing in the house since we were away all weekend. I need vegetables and lettuce and milk and other foodstuffs!

I am about to call it a day here at the old FC. Day!

There, I said it.

Later, gaters.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2005, 12:44:04 PM »

Jose and Jason- I will be at SBNY tonight for Musical Monday... I'm not sure if Rodzinski will make it (he's very tired and, doesn't have the luxury of lounging about the house all day like me), but I will do my best to talk him into it!

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2005, 12:45:47 PM »

Here is another shot of Walty with his dad.  Notice how Walty covers his entire torso.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2005, 12:50:42 PM »

Highlights from our trip to Williamstown this weekend: as previously mentioned, all of the food, seeing Jose's show and hearing him play beautifully, running around in the corn maze shaped like a moose, sampling vermont cheddar, visiting the petting zoo and seeing kittens and ferrets in the same pen together, seeing an excellent production of Bus Stop, and the company of course!

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2005, 12:52:55 PM »

Wow, Walty is a rather LARGE cat! How are he and Kilbot getting along now?

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2005, 12:53:42 PM »

DR Hisaka, maybe you should extend your vacation to include New York City and you can be with us for the big HHW get together!!!!

Jane

« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2005, 12:57:31 PM »

Do you mean like a george foreman type grill? Or do you mean a real grill (bbq) like what people have outside?

Hmmm, i am much better at cooking than i used to be.  But i'm not sure i should just turn it once in a while, or it probably won't be cooked.  I like to have an idea about how long it should take.

And i do have a thermometer now. But it's not an expensive one.  But i guess it should still give me a good idea if the chicken is cooked.

It was a built into the back side of the living room fireplace.  There was a curved built in bar dividing the BBQ from the dining table.  Beside good liquor lots of special goodies were kept in that bar such as our holiday fruitcakes and my father’s Mallomar’s.   We might help ourselves to one, but never ever were we to leave him without enough until market day.

When you cook on high does your food burn or get overcooked?  I think the result is where you should cook at.  We usually turn the grill down a little while cooking but each grill tends to be different.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2005, 12:59:13 PM »

They are tolerating each other, even to the point of sitting within a few inches of each other, or on the bed together.  My suspicion is that they hung out together this weekend while we were out of town and that they've cooled off since we got back.  Walty keeps approaching Killbot expectantly and she keeps brushing him off.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2005, 12:59:51 PM »

I was going to ask that.  :)

I love the photo of Walty on the toilet.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2005, 01:01:08 PM »

It sounds as if a truce has been made. :)  May true friendship develope next.

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2005, 01:13:57 PM »

Hmmm, DR Jane, no i don't think the food gets overcooked (unless i leave it on too long).  But i guess that is a good way to tell if i am cooking it too high. thanks.

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2005, 01:14:30 PM »

They have announced the cast for Martha Stewart's Apprentice:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/story.php?s=3671

Are any of you planning on watching this?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2005, 01:17:43 PM »

The trick is letting Walty and Killbot know you are onto them.

When Dickens and Vickie seemed incurably antagonistic toward one another, I had to go out of town for the weekend and a co-worker who lived nearby came in to feed them.

Her report was that they were sharing food, playing and grooming one another.

When I got back in the house, they would have nothing to do with one another.  

I had to make some extreme efforts to include them both in some intensive cooing and petting and grooming to get them to drop their guards.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 02:44:50 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2005, 01:39:15 PM »

I subscribed at the start, and found that once discussions about strategy become interesting, the cameras would switch to idiotic chit chat in the hot tub, etc.

I cancelled within two days, but they offered me a free month.  That ends tomorrow.  But I went all weekend without watching...and after the show Saturday night, I find I'm just not interested in looking in on Beau, Maggie, April, Ivette and James any more.  Howie, Rachel and Janelle don't hold much "live" interest, either, since they've not really lived up to their promise.

DR Ron,  
I get the live feeds with my Real One Superpass. Last time I cancelled that subscription, it took a month for it to go through. But you get a lot more with the Superpass than just BB, so I think I'll keep it for now.  If there's anything interesting on BB6 I'll fill you in

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2005, 01:44:40 PM »

Argh! My lunch ended up lasting a good part of the afternoon, but I did get home in time to finish up with BROADWAY'S LOST TREASURES. ore about that later.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2005, 01:48:21 PM »

Speaking of THE BOY FRIEND, I keep meaning to buy the Sandy Duncan-Judy Carne version on CD. I have it on LP, but didn't listen to it much. It is a very complete version of the score.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2005, 01:48:24 PM »

Thanks for the tips DR Jason.  The only reason i was thinking of pre-cooking is because i didn't want to spend an hour standing outside grilling.

I usually put the chicken on, and sit back with a beer or a glass of wine and occasionally check on the chicken. 30 minutes flies by pretty quickly and dinner is ready.

Matt H.

« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2005, 01:52:45 PM »

Yes, it took me a few days to catch back up on the all the posts I missed while I was gone. Admittedly, I took it one day at a time instead of trying to overdose on them all in one long session.  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up