Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:THUS
« Reply #120 on: April 17, 2006, 02:37:29 PM »

Excellent Callie news, Cillaliz!

Ginny

« Reply #121 on: April 17, 2006, 02:59:06 PM »

Back again after making deviled eggs, having lunch with DH Richard, taking a nap, and watching No Way to Treat a Lady, which was recommended here a while ago.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 02:59:59 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: April 17, 2006, 03:01:46 PM »

That Elixer is purty powerful....but I never cared much for the choreography it makes you dream.....

DR JRand - DR Elmore and I recommend that you need to see the "Bride of Zorro" interpretation that was included in a local production many, many years ago  ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: April 17, 2006, 03:02:11 PM »

***Healing throat vibes to bk***

JR - Thanks for the warning, but I'd never try any perfume "made" by a movie star. Unless it was Eau de Monty Clift.

I'm not liking the Vito subplot on The Sopranos. I think the idea was great, but the execution of the idea is silly. I'll say no more lest I spoil something for those who may not have seen it.

Any HOUSE fans out there? I'm trying to decide whether to go to "An Evening of House" at the TV Academy tonight. The whole cast and creative team will be there, with Elvis Mitchell as moderator. I'm not as into House as I was last season, so I don't know...
On the other hand, there's a dessert reception afterwards,  hosted by Dove chocolates, so I could score some yummy treats.

Ginny

« Reply #124 on: April 17, 2006, 03:08:15 PM »

DR Maria - Fan of the show or not, I'd go just for the chocolate!

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: April 17, 2006, 03:17:51 PM »

TOD -

Favorite scents - Chanel No. 5, White Linen, Sunflowers.  I like to use scented lotions.

Favorite cents - the 92/hour that will appear in my paycheck, effective yesterday.

Favorite sense - common, which many people seem to have in short supply.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:19:01 PM by Ginny »

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: April 17, 2006, 03:19:16 PM »

I think Dove Chocolate is still available in OZ. It's not a favourite.  We also have a dove "soap".  I don't think that helped the marketing.  Whitman's could not make an impact on the market either.  Herchey (Sp?) would have no hope at all. Worst Chocolate in the world for Australian tastes.

I'd still go for the chocolate anyway!!! (Unless there is an ice-cream alternative).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #127 on: April 17, 2006, 03:27:52 PM »

Any HOUSE fans out there? I'm trying to decide whether to go to "An Evening of House" at the TV Academy tonight. The whole cast and creative team will be there, with Elvis Mitchell as moderator. I'm not as into House as I was last season, so I don't know...

Actually, I think this season is even better than the first...but maybe that's just me.

GO...a little networking won't hurt you any....and the chocolate should be worth it.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: April 17, 2006, 03:28:28 PM »

Of course, don't stay too late and miss "Medium" at 10 p.m.  

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: April 17, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »

I had a time-intensive scanning project to tie up my computer this afternoon, so I went out for a 20-minute power walk by the lake.

Really nice day today!  Most invigorating.

And I really must do it more frequently.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: April 17, 2006, 03:35:36 PM »

Sorry Aussie's don't like the Hershey candies, Tommy!

Too sweet, I suspect...and too little chocolate content, too.

Most Americans aren't connnoisseurs of chocolate...mostly because they've not been exposed to very much really intense chocolate.  Milk chocolate mixtures have long ruled the American tastebuds.

It's no different from wine, actually...Hershey's is to chocolate what Mateus or Mogan David is to wine, although a lot of Americans are exploring wines with more care and discernment now than was true 20 years ago.

I admit I have weaknesses for the candy bars....like Mounds, Almond Joys, Snickers, 5th Avenues and Zero Bars.

But...I do like a nice bittersweet chunk of 75% or higher chocolate every now and again, too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:38:16 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: April 17, 2006, 03:40:33 PM »

Whitman's could not make an impact on the market either.  Herchey (Sp?) would have no hope at all. Worst Chocolate in the world for Australian tastes.

I've been giving my mom 15-19 pounds of See's Chocolates each year at Christmas.  She freezes the individual boxes and takes them out at various times of the year.

Since I started doing this, she has no taste at all for Whitman's, which use to suit her just fine.

But See's is much tastier, even after being frozen a few months.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 03:41:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2006, 03:41:04 PM »

Thought I would post quick. I am very glad it is a quiet night tonight... I have alot on my plate this week and truly am beginning to wonder.

I will pop in a bit later as I get some things done. Since I have to be present for a meeting here at work on friday, I am taking Wednesday off. That Means I have three days of work to squish in two plus a paper to fine tune... :-)

Thanks for the smiles today you guys.. You are gems!  Ron, you crack up!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2006, 03:41:40 PM »

Most Americans aren't connnoisseurs of chocolate...mostly because they've not been exposed to very much really intense chocolate.  Milk chocolate mixtures have long ruled the American tastebuds.

It's no different from wine, actually...Hershey's is to chocolate what Mateus or Mogan David is to wine, although a lot of Americans are exploring wines with more care and discernment now than was true 20 years ago.

I admit I have weaknesses for the candy bars....like Mounds, Almond Joys, Snickers, 5th Avenues and Zero Bars.

But...I do like a nice bittersweet chunk of 75% or higher chocolate every now and again, too.

Ron, I love dark chocolate....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #134 on: April 17, 2006, 03:42:55 PM »

Hmmm... My favorite scents...

I love the smell of fresh lilacs in spring....

Favorite perfume is Lady Stetson or Jordache. I used to like one called Charlie....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #135 on: April 17, 2006, 03:44:45 PM »

I think Dove Chocolate is still available in OZ. It's not a favourite.  We also have a dove "soap".  I don't think that helped the marketing.  Whitman's could not make an impact on the market either.  Herchey (Sp?) would have no hope at all. Worst Chocolate in the world for Australian tastes.

I'd still go for the chocolate anyway!!! (Unless there is an ice-cream alternative).

Hershey is more milk

Dove makes a wonderful Dark chocolate

Ghirardhelli is good. Lindt chocolates are okay.

I love the stuff from Germany made by Rittersport... Great chocolate

I also like one from Ireland that really good...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2006, 03:45:40 PM »

Ron, I am always game for good wine especially a nice chardonnay, merlot or reisling.

FJL

« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2006, 03:57:36 PM »

Dove is a many splendored thing

Sugar-free Dove is a many-Splenda'd thing

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2006, 04:00:24 PM »

I'm quite zoned right now.  I did write four pages today (almost to page forty), but my eyes are heavy, my throat, which feels a bit better, is still bugging me, and I have a bad headache.

FJL

« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2006, 04:00:34 PM »

Won't forget, can't regret
What I did for Dove...
Dove is never gone
As we travel on
Dove's what we'll remember

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2006, 04:00:59 PM »

DR JRand - DR Elmore and I recommend that you need to see the "Bride of Zorro" interpretation that was included in a local production many, many years ago  ;)

Oh, God!  My eyes!  My eyes!  Whatever happened to Pat Frost?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2006, 04:02:12 PM »

BK - You're not sick, you just need Dove.

Sorry.  :)

Healing vibes to BK.

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2006, 04:19:31 PM »

***More healing vibes to bk***

Having read the various opinions, it seems the consensus is that I should go tonight for the chocolates. Dove held the reception for the Liza with a Z evening a few weeks back. As I recall, they had excellent chocolate chip cookies, but no chocolate. There was a huge chocolate cake, however (which I didn't taste).

I'll probably go. Unless I get into a writing frenzy.
As for House - It's not that it's worse than last season. I think I'm just a little tired of it. And it's making me totally paranoid about all the HORRIBLE things that can happen to you when you're ill. If you watch House every week, you will come away with the feeling that a hangnail will most certainly lead to your insides falling out (after several gory seizures). ...But I do llike Hugh Laurie. And it would be fun to hear him speak with his real accent. ...And CHOCOLATE...

Whoever mentioned Medium (Ron?) - a friend of mine has co-written a book about Allison DuBois: "The Truth About Medium: Extraordinary Experiments with the Real Allison DuBois of NBC's Medium and Other Remarkable Psychics" ...Quite the title. (I just got it from Amazon.)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2006, 04:38:28 PM »

Cillaliz, nice vet and great news regarding Callie. :D

Jane

« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »

Maria I’m not a Dove fan, I would go for HOUSE-that I'm a big fan of.

Ron, Whitman’s-yuck, of course your mother can’t eat that after having See’s.

Tomovoz I don’t like Hershey’s either.

DakotaCelt I think Lindt makes the best milk chocolate in the world.  I can pass on the rest.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2006, 04:49:36 PM »

Bruce I need to respond to part 1 of your rant with a mini rant of my own.  ;D

I prefer to reduce the ability for these people to make meth.  You can still get your Actifed, you will just have to be careful not to run out of it.  You may not care if the users kill themselves, but what if they kill an innocent person, or what about their children?  IMHO anything we can do to make it difficult for these people is a good idea.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2006, 04:59:52 PM »

Bruce I need to respond to part 1 of your rant with a mini rant of my own.  ;D

I prefer to reduce the ability for these people to make meth.  You can still get your Actifed, you will just have to be careful not to run out of it.  You may not care if the users kill themselves, but what if they kill an innocent person, or what about their children?  IMHO anything we can do to make it difficult for these people is a good idea.

I hear you Jane, it is really bad here in parts of ND. Due to the rural nature of the state, meth makers set up shop on rural farmsteads and make the evil they want to wrought upon us. It destroys people.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2006, 05:01:28 PM »

I am watching a most entertaining infomercial about Easy Crown Molding. I have never seen anyone so excited about crown molding. It's quite amusing.

the other one i find entertaining is the one for space bags!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2006, 05:02:18 PM »

See the difference Easy Crown Molding makes? Apply the molding, and your windows have curtains and the bed is made!

I think we should all rush out and get some!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2006, 05:04:16 PM »

WOW!  That is great!  You knew you were good, but to have the judge confirm it in writing....CONGRATULATIONS!

I second Jane...

Great Job Cilla!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up