Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES AND GOMORRAH  (Read 40174 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:NOTES AND GOMORRAH
« Reply #120 on: February 27, 2007, 11:27:46 AM »

Could you just walk over to the Palace Theatre box office?  or is the box office not open yet?  In any case...

*The biggest convenience, however, was not having to deal with all the phone reps who would always say "These are really good seats."   Not.

Ticketmaster sold us three seats to JEKYLL & HYDE.

One existed, the next was a post not a seat, and the third DID NOT EXIST.

The usher was flabbergasted.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #121 on: February 27, 2007, 11:31:40 AM »

Now I'm trying to remember what I saw during that trip...

The Who's Tommy, Blood Brothers (w/the Cassidy brothers)... Kiss of the Spider Woman, Angels in America...

-I think that was all in that one trip...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 11:32:43 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #122 on: February 27, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »

WOW!

That trip was back in 1993!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: February 27, 2007, 11:48:03 AM »

DR Jose, while your mind is on DC-NYC travel, I have a question:  Can you explain to me how the Delta Shuttle works?  Is it first come, first served?  And can you check luggage?

This is all because Richard and I want to fly from Cincinnati (CVG) to DCA on June 23, make our way to NYC on June 28, then fly back to CVG from LGA.  I'm trying to decide whether we should take the train from DC to NYC or fly.

Any advice would be appreciated.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #124 on: February 27, 2007, 11:53:40 AM »

Jose - I'm not sure that the box office will accept someone just telling them the discount code verbally, whereas if you order online, the system doesn't "care" that you didn't get an official discount offer.  I did think it was interesting and unusual that the code would be VISA and yet you can use any credit card, though.

FJL

« Reply #125 on: February 27, 2007, 11:59:02 AM »

Jose, while Skip and I got the discount seats for ourselves, we may yet try to impose on you for your connections, though, especially as the word of mouth builds on this one.  It sounds like it has the potential to be a juggernaut (is that the right word?)  of Jersey Boys proportions.  

So please stay friendly with your house seat connections on this show  :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: February 27, 2007, 12:00:41 PM »

DR elmore - One of my roommates is home sick today, so I think it would be best to head somewhere for dinner tonight.  I'll cook another night.

Artie's? Hannafin's? Cafe Edgar? GETE?  Ollie's?

DR Jose, have I been to Cafe Edgar?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2007, 12:01:16 PM »

Re: last night's HEROES

SPOILERS

But where will claire go? I am not sure how this will work. She was a kid going to school. Does that mean we will not see her mom anymore? Or zach (i love zach).

The actor playing Zach got cast in a new show...or at least a pilot, if I remember correctly.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2007, 12:06:09 PM »

DR JOSE - if you saw BLOOD BROTHERS on a Saturday night, we may have been in the SAME theatre.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2007, 12:06:37 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: February 27, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »

DR Jose, have I been to Cafe Edgar?

Is that where we (Jose, Elmore, Richard, and Me-Eloise) went for dessert after dinner at Artie's last October?  If not, where did we go?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: February 27, 2007, 12:11:33 PM »

Is that where we (Jose, Elmore, Richard, and Me-Eloise) went for dessert after dinner at Artie's last October?  If not, where did we go?

Yes! Cafe Edgar is a retaurant I only think of as a dessert place.  Duh!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #132 on: February 27, 2007, 12:20:31 PM »

Did someone say dessert?

I just watched LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: February 27, 2007, 12:29:53 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Ah!  A clean shower and bathroom!

And, consequently, a clean me too.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2007, 12:30:50 PM »

DR elmore - Although, I'm never sure if it's Cafe Edgar or Edgar's Cafe?  In any case, DR Ginny answered your query.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: February 27, 2007, 12:33:51 PM »

Another lovely review by jrand - well thought out and well written.  

Speaking of written, I just wrote a little and will write more.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2007, 12:35:20 PM »

TOD

Tubular Bells, by Mike Oldfield.  I was so awed by this that I invited a bunch of guys/gals to my dorm room to listen to it.  It still remains an amazing instrumental work.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2007, 12:36:53 PM »

AND....

I believe I'm come up with a plan.  Well, another plan.  In regards to the boxes of stuff currently taking up way too much floor space in my room.

I just did a quick look-see through about eight boxes.  There were a few boxes of music xeroxes, but, alas, there were also still a bunch of boxes I ended up labeling as "STUFF".  However, while doing that quick visual inventory, I came across a bunch of old magazines, programs, newspapers, textbooks(?), etc., that I know can go directly to the recycling or trash bins.  So...

My plan for tomorrow - yes, tomorrow - is to go ahead and ditch the obvious stuff, and at least whittle down the contents of said boxes of "STUFF".  And then at a later time, I can be a bit more anal about inventorying and organizing the remaining contents of each box of "STUFF".  -And I'm sure I'll still be going with original plan of going through at least two boxes-o-stuff each day.  I'm just sort of condensing that process... and sort of not.

But, hey, it's a plan.  Well, another plan.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2007, 12:37:07 PM »

Earlier, I shipped some packages that needed shipping.  I'm just about out of my little CD mailer envelopes so I went to Staples.  They're out of stock again (oh, they have their other kind, the ones with only eight envelopes per package that cost the same as the kind I buy, which have twelve envelopes per package).  This happens way too frequently, so I went to the manager and complained.  He told me it's one guy who refuses to buy online or do orders specifically for himself.  No, he'd rather come in once or twice a week and buy their entire stock, which is what this buttwipe does.  Sixteen, twenty packages at a time, leaving nothing for anyone else.  The manager assured me he'd have more tomorrow and he'll be holding some for me and, once again, speaking to his selfish customer.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2007, 12:39:42 PM »

DR JOSE - if you saw BLOOD BROTHERS on a Saturday night, we may have been in the SAME theatre.

Well, if I come across my ticket stubs for that week while going through my boxes-o-stuff.... -And, sadly(?), I'm pretty sure I will come across them.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2007, 12:42:47 PM »

Earlier, I shipped some packages that needed shipping.  I'm just about out of my little CD mailer envelopes so I went to Staples.  They're out of stock again (oh, they have their other kind, the ones with only eight envelopes per package that cost the same as the kind I buy, which have twelve envelopes per package).  This happens way too frequently, so I went to the manager and complained.  He told me it's one guy who refuses to buy online or do orders specifically for himself.  No, he'd rather come in once or twice a week and buy their entire stock, which is what this buttwipe does.  Sixteen, twenty packages at a time, leaving nothing for anyone else.  The manager assured me he'd have more tomorrow and he'll be holding some for me and, once again, speaking to his selfish customer.

Well, if you happen to make a minimum dollar amount with your order, you could have them delivered right to your home.  My roommate, Jim, gets Staples' staples delivered every two weeks.  And he really doesn't order that much stuff.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2007, 12:44:09 PM »

The best of audition vibes to Cason...not that he would need them...and what is Mr. Murphy auditioning for?

Back from the ol' audition.  Thank you all for the vibes -- I am thinking that they might have worked...

San Diego Musical Theatre (part of the San Diego Lyric Opera) is putting on The Full Monty in May, so I figured I might as well audition for it, and audition I did.

They asked for a prepared song -- so I went in and did "If You Were Gay" from Avenue Q (getting laughs out of the director), after which, they gave me the sides for the character "Ethan" -- if you are familiar with the show, he is the one who tries the Donald O'Connor run up the wall from Singin' in the Rain.  So I took a minute with the sides while another guy sang and then I went back in to read and gave my best "bad" run up the wall (which I don't think they were expecting, but which they all laughed at) and then took the director's notes and did the scene two more times.  

So, if nothing else, I feel like I gave a helluva audition, so I can't blame myself if they don't pick me.  :)  

As far as hearing back, I am not sure.  Callbacks would be towards the end of March (and then the rehearsals start for Non-Equity at the top of April), so I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on what I hear...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 12:45:54 PM by Cason »
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: February 27, 2007, 12:48:56 PM »

Did someone say dessert?

I just watched LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE

Did you find it Oscar-worthy?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #143 on: February 27, 2007, 12:51:11 PM »

Well, if you happen to make a minimum dollar amount with your order, you could have them delivered right to your home.  My roommate, Jim, gets Staples' staples delivered every two weeks.  And he really doesn't order that much stuff.

Is Jim a "him" roommate or the "her" roommate?  If the former, does he "deal", too?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: February 27, 2007, 12:51:15 PM »

DR Jose, while your mind is on DC-NYC travel, I have a question:  Can you explain to me how the Delta Shuttle works?  Is it first come, first served?  And can you check luggage?

This is all because Richard and I want to fly from Cincinnati (CVG) to DCA on June 23, make our way to NYC on June 28, then fly back to CVG from LGA.  I'm trying to decide whether we should take the train from DC to NYC or fly.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Most of the air shuttles between DC and NYC (Delta, USAir, etc.) are not first-come, first-served.  You can buy tickets in advance, and the seats are reserved, not "scrambled".

If you go to Delta's website (www.delta.com), and punch in DCA to LGA (or is it JFK) you should get plenty of options for flights.  The ones that leave on the hour are usually the shuttle flights.  And, yes, you can check a bag, but I think it's restricted to just one per passenger.

*Unless you can get some sort of deal by booking all your flight segments on Delta or some other airline, I'd also check out the JetBlue flights from Dulles (IAD) to JFK.  They're still offering some crazy-low fares depending on the day of the week and time.  -I may just fly down to Richmond for $29 this weekend.  -And if your hotel has a deal with Washington Flyer, the trip out to Dulles may only cost you $10 from DC.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: February 27, 2007, 12:54:57 PM »

Is Jim a "him" roommate or the "her" roommate?  If the former, does he "deal", too?

Jim is a "him".  Faith is a "her", as is Megan.  Although, Megan is currently working in Wichita, so her current 'stand-in' is "Jamie-Lynn".

Alas, I don't believe any of them deals.

*And Faith did make it back from Boston safe and sound the other night.  Alas, her camera was stolen out her bag by one of the baggage handlers at the airport.  And, of course, the airline does not have to reimburse her in any way, shape or form.  "It happens."  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: February 27, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »

Back from the ol' audition.  Thank you all for the vibes -- I am thinking that they might have worked...

Congrats on the great audition!

Did you have to take your clothes off?

;)

-And isn't Ethan the one with the big "hee-hah"?  -I always get them mixed up.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #147 on: February 27, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »

Big sell-off on Wall Street today.  That is all.

FJL

« Reply #148 on: February 27, 2007, 01:01:19 PM »

Hmmm...I wonder if it's time for another trip to San diego.  I haven't been there since last May.  :)  :)

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #149 on: February 27, 2007, 01:02:42 PM »

Congrats on the great audition!

Did you have to take your clothes off?

;)

-And isn't Ethan the one with the big "hee-hah"?  -I always get them mixed up.

No clothes off today -- and yes, Ethan is the one with the big "talent" -- his only it seems, since he is written to not be able to sing and dance.  ;)
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14   Go Up