Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41   Go Down

Author Topic: AND THE WINNER IS...  (Read 51471 times)

FJL

Re:AND THE WINNER IS...
« Reply #1110 on: March 05, 2006, 09:57:16 PM »

Shall we sally forth to page 38?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #1111 on: March 05, 2006, 09:58:01 PM »

I don't think so.  I believe that Ryan Phillippe is straight.

What??  Chad's not??  Hope springs eternal. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #1112 on: March 05, 2006, 10:00:30 PM »

And I think Hope summers in the Hamptons.

FJL

« Reply #1113 on: March 05, 2006, 10:01:17 PM »

Hope winters in Miami.

FJL

« Reply #1114 on: March 05, 2006, 10:03:13 PM »

Or should something about Hope falls be between where she summers and winters?  

But I am indeed rambling.  

Maybe Hope falls in the Ramble.  

Wonder if the West Coasters will get us to page 40 tonight!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #1115 on: March 05, 2006, 10:03:38 PM »

Good Morning!

Well, once I got up and stretched my legs a bit, I realized my right leg had sort of locked up again.  Actually, it sort of feels like when I had sciatica in my left leg.  Hmm...  Guess it's my body telling me, "Start exercising again!"

In the meantime, I think I'm gonna do some stretches and then put my feet up - literally - and get some sleep.  Yes, I shall have to WUSSBURGER, but this is also the week that I need to start getting my body clock back on the "early" schedule in preparation for the Lestat orchestra rehearsals which start at 9:00am(?!?!?!?!).  So...

I really did have a swell time tonight.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1116 on: March 05, 2006, 10:04:03 PM »

I mentioned Sweeney briefly, but I'll have more to say in the notes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #1117 on: March 05, 2006, 10:04:22 PM »

Ate a couple of bagels and some cookies.

FJL

« Reply #1118 on: March 05, 2006, 10:14:47 PM »

Well, I just hauled my cookies all the way back to page 8 - was that "pretty okay" post the only mention so far of the SWEENEY production?  

FJL

« Reply #1119 on: March 05, 2006, 10:17:51 PM »

By the way, BK, did you ever have a chance to send us that package of CD's?

I probably should have asked that in an email to be more efficient, but I figured what the heck, it adds another post.  :)

FJL

« Reply #1120 on: March 05, 2006, 10:19:58 PM »

Is page 40 but a dream?

FJL

« Reply #1121 on: March 05, 2006, 10:26:01 PM »

Time for me to wussberger.

Goodnight, George and Dakota.  

If the West Coasters can't get to page 40, maybe you can try for something easier, like 1200 posts.  

:)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 10:28:38 PM by FJL »

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1122 on: March 05, 2006, 10:31:31 PM »

Nighty night FJL!!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1123 on: March 05, 2006, 10:33:35 PM »

I just noticed something.... I put on nearly 100 posts tonight!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Tomovoz

« Reply #1124 on: March 05, 2006, 10:35:11 PM »

Well I've caught up!  I lurked. Decided not to watch the Oscars tonight.   I'm not missing much it seems.  instead we will watch the winner of the Animation oscar.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1125 on: March 05, 2006, 10:39:29 PM »

My interest in the Awards USED TO BE for song and score and I've collected most songs nominated since 1940 and of course many of the earlier ones too.

I still haven't recovered for Eminem's win the other year. To me it was not a SONG at all.  This year's! . I have the CD already ordered!! I'll probably never play it more than once - as with  Eminem's  and Bjork's efforts.  
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1126 on: March 05, 2006, 10:41:44 PM »

Acadamy rules say something about if not enough "worthy" songs then there will only be three nominees.  Were any of these "worthy"? I hate to think what the unworthy songs sounded like!

James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1127 on: March 05, 2006, 10:42:34 PM »

All those great song by Randy Newman that didn't win in the past!  What a waste when you look at this year.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1128 on: March 05, 2006, 10:46:41 PM »

I've not seen most of the films nominated so I really can't comment on my view of the performances.

I do have "The Constant Gardener" and was certainly pleased to see it get an award.  I've also seen "March Of The Penguins" -  with Mr Freeman filling in for the orginal French.  
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1129 on: March 05, 2006, 10:48:19 PM »

My interest in the Awards USED TO BE for song and score and I've collected most songs nominated since 1940 and of course many of the earlier ones too.

I still haven't recovered for Eminem's win the other year. To me it was not a SONG at all.  This year's! . I have the CD already ordered!! I'll probably never play it more than once - as with  Eminem's  and Bjork's efforts.  

Eminem's "music" is not music... It is noise

Tomovoz

« Reply #1130 on: March 05, 2006, 10:48:26 PM »

Of the technical award films, I enjoyed the work on "Narnia" but did not see "King Kong".

I think "War Of The Worlds" missed out.. It missed the boat for me as a movie entirely.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1131 on: March 05, 2006, 10:51:02 PM »

I'm always pleased to see a "Child Star" come into the bigtime.  I'd loved Jodi Foster's "Little Girl..." and had felt the same about the early movies of Reece Witherspoon. So many child stars get left along the way.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1132 on: March 05, 2006, 10:52:48 PM »

I was pleased that BM received the award for the score. Compensation for the ineligibilty (quite technical) of the song that would have otherwise won!
James Thurber 1957

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1133 on: March 05, 2006, 10:53:37 PM »

Of the technical award films, I enjoyed the work on "Narnia" but did not see "King Kong".

I think "War Of The Worlds" missed out.. It missed the boat for me as a movie entirely.

I was not impressed with War of the Worlds at all. I did like Narnia.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #1134 on: March 05, 2006, 10:54:39 PM »

I'm always pleased to see a "Child Star" come into the bigtime.  I'd loved Jodi Foster's "Little Girl..." and had felt the same about the early movies of Reece Witherspoon. So many child stars get left along the way.

I agree... Many do get left behind and Reese has matured as an actress..

Tomovoz

« Reply #1135 on: March 05, 2006, 10:55:12 PM »

OzDerek would have been thrilled so see his favourite actor win the oscar.   He also really liked "Crash".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1136 on: March 05, 2006, 10:58:41 PM »

Last year's winner for "Score" was certainly IMHO one of the best in many a year. "Finding Neverland". I'm not a fan of Mr William's scores which to my mind could be interchangeable.  (I know I Know I know).
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #1137 on: March 05, 2006, 10:58:55 PM »

I was not impressed with War of the Worlds at all. I did like Narnia.

I bought "War of the Worlds" (used) but haven't watched it yet.  I suppose I will...someday.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #1138 on: March 05, 2006, 11:00:18 PM »

At least there was one Australian winner this year.. Cinematography.  
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #1139 on: March 05, 2006, 11:04:31 PM »

We made special efforts to go and see "WofW" and "Charlie & the Choc Factory" on the big screen - both big disappointments.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 11:06:48 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41   Go Up