Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME  (Read 23496 times)

Jennifer

Re:BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2006, 10:46:45 AM »

DR PennyO, I think your suggestion for DR Danise is a good one. I hope that some DR who is in contact with DR Danise will make sure she gets some help.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2006, 10:51:15 AM »

Happy Birthday to Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II  (who knows, she may lurk here!)
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2006, 10:53:56 AM »

Am I remembering incorrectly, or are the lyrics to the novelty song "(She Wore An) Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" just those title words, plus "that she wore for the first time today"?

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka-dot Bikini
                                               Brian Hyland
She was afraid to come out of the locker
She was as nervous as she could be
She was afraid to come out of the locker
She was afraid that somebody would see
One, two, three, four, tell the people what she wore

[ It was an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini
That she wore for the first time today.
An itsy bitsy teentie weenie yellow polka-dot bikini ]
So in the locker she wanted to stay.
Two, three, four, stick around we'll tell you more        

She was afraid to come out in the open
And so a blanket around she wore
She was afraid to come out in the open
And so she sat bundled up on the shore
Two, three, four, tell the people what she wore
[   repeat   ]

So in the blanket she wanted to stay.
Two, three, four, stick around we'll tell you more

Now she is afraid to come out of the water
And I wonder what she's gonna do
Now she is afraid to come out of the water
And the poor little girl's turning blue
Two, three, four, tell the people what she wore
[   repeat   ]

So in the water she wanted to stay.
From the locker to the blanket
From the blanket to the shore
From the shore to the water
Yes there isn't any more.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2006, 10:58:00 AM »

"Do not hang up and dial again because doing so will increase your weight"

I could have sworn that's what they just said on the IRS line, but of course they said "will increase your wait."

Just wanted to share.  :)

Ben

« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2006, 11:04:27 AM »

Hey, Matt,

If I recall correctly, Sam's was your restaurant when you came to NYC. Well, it, like the others, is now history. Here is the link from Playbill On-Line:

Sam's

The only surprise was that it happened so unexpectedly. It closed last night with no advance announcement. A friend of mine had dinner there about two weeks ago and he said the place was deserted and the service was terrible and the food was bad. He complained and said they kind of listened but didn't do much more. An omen. The places next to Sam's Puelo's and Puelo's Too will soon be gone and the Steakhouse next to defunt Barrymore's is still there but the days are numbered.

There is now almost nowhere to go in Midtown for a decently priced, pleasant meal before a show. Diners are fine but sometimes you want something a little more that still isn't Lutece. As much as I like Joe Allen's, I find it very expensive for what it is, a former chorus hangout that is now a higher class joint.

Oh, well. What's a former actor (slowly joining the old fogey class juding from his complaining) to do? Nuttin' Just live with it.

I gotta get back to work.

Later, gaters.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2006, 11:19:14 AM »

I had some busy-busy work to do first thing this morning -- very frustrating scanning and saving-to-PDF of a few crucial files...and trying to find ways of saving them in the most "economical" way.  To wit, using Adobe Acrobat 5.0, I scan and save in one size, which for these documents is too large to transmit via e-mail.

Using Presto! Page Manager, the save is more economical, but the files are still large.

So...whatchagonnado?

Anyone know anything about crompressing .pdf files??

Never mind.

It's amazing the difference scanning at 150 dpi can make to the size of a document originally scanned at 300 dpi.

Who knew...and I learned something!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2006, 11:22:43 AM »

Happy Birthday to Her Royal Majesty Queen Elizabeth II  (who knows, she may lurk here!)

And now she'll by singing "Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" all the livelong day...and her Corgis will be howling in disbelief.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2006, 11:23:52 AM »

Lunch is almost upon me.

It's "clay pot Friday" at Huynh's!

Yummy yum-yum!

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2006, 11:32:37 AM »

I don't think anyone else here watched NBC's CELEB COOKING show. But it looks like they will air the final shows this saturday at 8pm.

My favorite part of the story below is this:
"...NBC's once high-flying programmers might actually be learning to respect their viewers and recognize that not needlessly upsetting the few viewers they do have could be a smart idea."

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/nbc-changes-plans-celebrity-cooking-showdown-air-saturday-4095.php

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2006, 11:34:10 AM »

In my VCR:  a tape of stuff from the last week or so.  For tonight's TV episodes, I don't know what I'll need to watch vs. tape, yet.  I'll check before I leave work.  

In my DVD player:  last night, I bought a previously viewed copy of "Capote" for only $9.98 (the ususal price from where I got it).  Also, one that I got from the library called "The White Diamond."  It's by Werner Herzog and is about an "enigmatic airship engineer Dr. Graham Dorrington as he embarks on a trip in the heart of Guyana to test his new helium-filled invention above the rainforest."  It sounds quite interesting. :)

In my CD player:  The Robber Bridgegroom with Barry Bostwick, that I just got yesterday from eBay.  Finally!  I've love the song "Sleepy Man" since the first time I heard it, but it's the only song from the show that I've ever heard.  I don't know why I waited this long to get the CD, but now I've got it! ;D

DRGeorge, I love THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM, both the wonderful Eudora Welty novella and the fantastic musical taken from it.  The score is quite lovely and the script was published at one time by Drama Book Publisheers; you might want to track down a copy to read how cockeyed the show is.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: April 21, 2006, 11:37:02 AM »

Just finished reading act one, and I'm pretty happy with it - changed a few lines, added a few things, but the structure and characters seem sound to me, and it's got some very amusing things in it and a good finish to act one (I changed the last beat to something much more simple and it's better).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: April 21, 2006, 11:37:44 AM »

On the other hand, indulging in your "Passions" might just take your mind off it....(with a wink toward Elmore3003!).

Oh, God!  They're currently rippping off THE DAVINCI CODE, offending every nationality and relifgion in existence, and it looks today as if the next plot is "The Little Mermaid!"

Stupidest show on television, and it's got to be a casting couch to expalin acting that is worse than that in the grade Z films our DR MBarnum thrives on!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: April 21, 2006, 11:45:16 AM »

I don't think anyone else here watched NBC's CELEB COOKING show. But it looks like they will air the final shows this saturday at 8pm.

My favorite part of the story below is this:
"...NBC's once high-flying programmers might actually be learning to respect their viewers and recognize that not needlessly upsetting the few viewers they do have could be a smart idea."

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/nbc-changes-plans-celebrity-cooking-showdown-air-saturday-4095.php

Was it last year or the year before when NBC had "Last Comic Standing" and they cancelled it just before the FINAL episode!  They had gone a whole (shortened, I'll admit) season and didn't show the absolute last episode.  Damn them!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2006, 11:53:44 AM »

DRGeorge, I love THE ROBBER BRIDEGROOM, both the wonderful Eudora Welty novella and the fantastic musical taken from it.  The score is quite lovely and the script was published at one time by Drama Book Publisheers; you might want to track down a copy to read how cockeyed the show is.

Someone on Amazon.com has a used copy for sale.  Here's the description:

Comments:  Former library book. Shows some signs of wear, and may have some markings on the inside. 100% Money Back Guarantee. Shipped to over 500,000 happy customers. Support Literacy! Your purchase benefits the Brooklyn Public Library.

And it only costs $121.53!!  Who in their right mind would pay that much for it??  And why in the world would anyone actually try and sell it for that much??  I think I'll try getting a copy through Interlibrary Loan first.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2006, 12:10:16 PM »

After I mentioned about Sam's and the lack of good eating establishments in the theatre district I thought of one. I keep forgetting about it but now it will be one of the only games in town.

It's the Film Center Cafe on Ninth Avenue and 45th Street and if I recall correctly, you get a 10% discount if you pay cash and show your Actors' Equity card. I don't know if they do that for other unions, but since they are the "Film" Center Cafe, I'm sure they do it for at least SAG and AFTRA (AKA American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and before that American Federation of Radio Artists).

It's a nice place with decent food and a calm, low-key atmosphere. Go there. You'll enjoy it.

Maybe one of our HHW outings can be to Film Center Cafe.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:11:28 PM by Ben »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2006, 12:12:28 PM »

Whatever happened to Randolph Scott?

Well, depending on your theology, either in the Ninth Circle of Hell or in a more friendler hereafter, with his love Cary Grant having dinner with Noel Coward and Oscar Wilde.

(He died in 1987)

der Brucer

We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2006, 12:13:24 PM »

After I mentioned about Sam's and the lack of good eating establishments in the theatre district I thought of one. I keep forgetting about it but now it will be one of the only games in town.

It's the Film Center Cafe on Ninth Avenue and 45th Street and if I recall correctly, you get a 10% discount if you pay cash and show your Actors' Equity card. I don't know if they do that for other unions, but since they are the "Film" Center Cafe, I'm sure they do it for at least SAG and AFTRA (AKA American Federation of Television and Radio Artists and before that American Federation of Radio Artists).

It's a nice place with decent food and a calm, low-key atmosphere. Go there. You'll enjoy it.

Maybe one of our HHW outings can be to Film Center Cafe.

DR Ben, you don't think that was too subtle?  Tell me when!

Ben

« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2006, 12:23:07 PM »

Thanks, folks! I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your wait staff  ;D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2006, 12:24:29 PM »

Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka-dot Bikini
                                               Brian Hyland

Hear it sung here![/url]

Ben

« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2006, 12:26:09 PM »

Anthony plans on driving to Virginia in May to do Beauty and the Beast. I hope there is enough gas to get him there and back again. I don't want him to be stuck in Virginia. I don't want a long distance relationship!!!

Fuel Crunch Worsens

You could also go here to listen to Mr. Hyland

Itsy Bitsy.

Sorry DB, I just had to do it  ;)

Mr. Hyland will be 63 in November, according to the birthdate on that Web site.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2006, 12:29:12 PM by Ben »

DERBRUCER

« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2006, 12:40:42 PM »

Never mind.

It's amazing the difference scanning at 150 dpi can make to the size of a document originally scanned at 300 dpi.

Who knew...and I learned something!

ALSO: zipping a .pdf file can result in upwards of a 2/3 reduction in size

DERBRUCER

« Reply #111 on: April 21, 2006, 12:43:31 PM »

You could also go here to listen to Mr. Hyland

Itsy Bitsy.

Sorry DB, I just had to do it  ;)

Mr. Hyland will be 63 in November, according to the birthdate on that Web site.

I shall leave it uncorrected as a permanent testament to my senility!

der Brucer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #112 on: April 21, 2006, 12:44:50 PM »

Oh, God!  They're currently rippping off THE DAVINCI CODE, offending every nationality and relifgion in existence, and it looks today as if the next plot is "The Little Mermaid!"

Stupidest show on television, and it's got to be a casting couch to expalin acting that is worse than that in the grade Z films our DR MBarnum thrives on!

Meanwhile...you can't wait for that next episode?

:D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #113 on: April 21, 2006, 12:45:39 PM »

ALSO: zipping a .pdf file can result in upwards of a 2/3 reduction in size

That's great to know, too....thanks!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: April 21, 2006, 12:48:55 PM »

Meanwhile...you can't wait for that next episode?

:D

I catch the soap often enough when I'm home to be outraged by its total lack of quality and talent from actors and writers. but I honestly can't say I miss it when I'm away.  It's like watching a really bad accident on a totally inane level.  I would say that PASSIONS makes a show like HEE-HAW look intellectual.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: April 21, 2006, 12:50:34 PM »

Well, depending on your theology, either in the Ninth Circle of Hell or in a more friendler hereafter, with his love Cary Grant having dinner with Noel Coward and Oscar Wilde.

(He died in 1987)

Everybody knows when you go to the show
You can't take the kids along
You've gotta read the paper
And know the code of GPG and R and X
And you gotta know what the movie's about
Before you even go
Tex Ritter's gone and Disney's dead
And the screen is filled with sex

Whatever happened to Randolph Scott
Ridin' the train alone
Whatever happened to Gene and Tex
And Roy and Rex, The Durango Kid
Oh, whatever happened to Randolph Scott
His horse plain as could be
Has happened to the best of me

Everybody's tryin' to make a comment
About our doubts and fears
True Grit's the only movie
I've really understood in years
You gotta take your analyst along
To see if it's fit to see
Has happened to the industry

Whatever happened to Johnny Mack Brown
And Alan Rocky Lane
Whatever happened to Lash LaRue
I'd love to see them again
Whatever happened to Smiley Burnette
Tim Holt and Gene Autry
Whatever happened to all of these
Has happened to the best of me
Has happened to the industry

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #116 on: April 21, 2006, 12:51:20 PM »

I catch the soap often enough when I'm home to be outraged by its total lack of quality and talent from actors and writers. but I honestly can't say I miss it when I'm away.  It's like watching a really bad accident on a totally inane level.  I would say that PASSIONS makes a show like HEE-HAW look intellectual.

I get it...it's the morbid fascination of it all that requires that it be looked at in disbelief!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #117 on: April 21, 2006, 12:52:07 PM »

I very nearly, almost had one shrimp roll too many at lunch.

Thank goodness it's Friday!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #118 on: April 21, 2006, 12:53:07 PM »

And what's this?

At 3 p.m., I'm invited to celebrate a co-worker's (another division) birthday....CAKE!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: April 21, 2006, 12:53:25 PM »

PURGE!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up