Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SIXTH BRAIN  (Read 26146 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re:THE SIXTH BRAIN
« Reply #210 on: September 30, 2007, 04:38:20 PM »

I like the show, well written and fun to watch
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #211 on: September 30, 2007, 04:38:37 PM »

Page 8 dance!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »

I have less than a thousand for my next plateau (because I forgot to pay attention to my last one).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #213 on: September 30, 2007, 04:42:53 PM »

td has DixieBelle....Miss Blue Moon lives in Indiana....and I don't know how old she is....we found her roaming the streets....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #214 on: September 30, 2007, 04:43:08 PM »

15 minutes please, BRAIN, this is your 15 minute call.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: September 30, 2007, 04:45:29 PM »

15 minutes please, BRAIN, this is your 15 minute call.

Oh gosh, where are my gold lame shorts???
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: September 30, 2007, 04:46:28 PM »

Oh gosh, where are my gold lame shorts???

They were formally used as Liberace's camping tent!
“One thing’s universal,

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #217 on: September 30, 2007, 04:46:36 PM »

In the process of making a few students lives miserable for excessively overdue books!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #218 on: September 30, 2007, 04:47:28 PM »

I am sorry, I got them mixed up...

Jrand, they are foolish to have let a beauty like Blue Moon go. I am glad she has a good home

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #219 on: September 30, 2007, 04:48:43 PM »

Sherlock was ringing his bell to go out.  I went, opened the door & watched him stare at me.  He just wanted attention. ;D  It's a good thing he is so cute or this trick of his would be annoying.  Actually I was glad he didn't want out.  It is cold, wet and windy out there.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #220 on: September 30, 2007, 04:48:47 PM »

A freind of mine is taping the next season of McLeods daughters when it broadcasts on WE network.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #221 on: September 30, 2007, 04:49:54 PM »

There is a blue cross/blue shield ad running this area where they encourage people to get out and exercise. There is a woman walking a Bernese Mountain dog and I always think of Sherlock!!

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #222 on: September 30, 2007, 04:50:03 PM »

Good Brain Vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go out with a bang in glorious technicolor and steophonic sound!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #223 on: September 30, 2007, 04:50:36 PM »

My mother's dog will bang her kennel when she is out of food and will continue to do so until you get up and feed her.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #224 on: September 30, 2007, 04:53:22 PM »

Like your avvie Adriana..

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #225 on: September 30, 2007, 04:57:25 PM »

Vibes to the brain!!

Jennifer

« Reply #226 on: September 30, 2007, 05:04:29 PM »

I watched 3 new shows from last week (finally).

Here are a few of my thoughts on CHUCK, DIRTY SEXY MONEY and BIONIC WOMAN.

There's not really any huge spoilers below. BUt don't read if you don't want to know.

1. CHUCK

I wasn't really going to watch this show. But a few people here commented on how good it was. So when NBC replayed it on Saturday i decided to record it.

I actually really liked it. I liked the lead actor. I liked the female lead. I thought the premise was new and funny (guy gets sent top secret CIA information and now has it in his brain).

The show was easy to follow, funny, and enjoyable.  Sometimes it can take me a while to warm up to new shows.  But i thought this one was really fun,.

2, DIRTY SEXY MONEY

I liked this a lot more than i thought i would. The lead guy is really great. ANd in these types of shows that can make all the difference.

The story is this kid (peter krause) who was raised by his dad. His dad was a lawyer for a very rich eccentric family (headed by donald sutherland).  The kid grows up and his dad is killed in a plane crash (first scene i think). ANd the story is about the guy replacing his dad.

The children in the rich family are all wacky. but i found myself very entertained. I had heard/read that the pilot was very good. And it was. I don't know if the show will continue to be good. but i quite liked it!

3. BIONIC WOMAN

I haven't decided if i like this one or not yet. The leading character Jaime (sp?) is sort of likeable. BUt i'm not sure she's strong enough to be the lead in a show like this.

It wasn't that the show was difficult to follow. But it just wasn't all that interesting.

Although she hasn't gotten started on any work (this was just the lead up to her accident and operation). So i'm guessing the next episodes will be different. I will probably try it one more time and see. But it was just okay for me.

Jane

« Reply #227 on: September 30, 2007, 05:06:18 PM »

There is a blue cross/blue shield ad running this area where they encourage people to get out and exercise. There is a woman walking a Bernese Mountain dog and I always think of Sherlock!!

How cute :)

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #228 on: September 30, 2007, 05:06:44 PM »

Sherlock was ringing his bell to go out.  I went, opened the door & watched him stare at me.  He just wanted attention. ;D  It's a good thing he is so cute or this trick of his would be annoying.  Actually I was glad he didn't want out.  It is cold, wet and windy out there.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Jennifer

« Reply #229 on: September 30, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »

DR Jane re: sleeping with my head elevated. Well i had been doing that for days. But it's not that comfortable!  I really have not been sleeping well, tossing and turning every 15 minutes.

Now i just need to get rid of this feeling of fatigue. I took dimetapp cough cold at 5:30pm on saturday. ANd it still has not worn off! My body really gets overly drowsy and fatigued from almost any type of medicine!

Jennifer

« Reply #230 on: September 30, 2007, 05:23:37 PM »

I'm not sure if anyone here is a golf fan. I"m not really a huge fan. But the President's Cup and Tiger Woods have been here all week.

The sort of interesting part is that 2 blocks away they've basically turned a huge field (beside the bike path) into a few miles long parking lot. It is just the absolute weirdest thing. They have police and cars parked for miles on the grass. It's sort of a pain. I wonder whoever thought of this odd idea.

Anyhow today Tiger woods played one on one with my favorite golfer (The best Canadian golfer Mike Weir). I only watched bits but apparently it was quite a match.

My brother-in-law is quite a golf fan. And I guess my niece (who just turned 2 last week) has picked up on it. Because when someone on the tv said "tiger ..." she said "tiger woods!"  :)

Jane

« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »

Jennifer do you have a humidifier?  It might help, along with loads of fluids, to keep everything loose so you don't need dimetapp.  I know sleeping elevated is uncomfortable-try different pillows or something.  It just really keeps all that stuff from settling where it shouldn't.

Jane

« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2007, 06:20:00 PM »

When we lived in Michigan the US Open tournament wasn't far from us.  People around the course were moving out of their homes and renting them for incredible amounts of money.  Craig went with some friends and returned talking about this amazing new golfer, Tiger Woods.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: September 30, 2007, 06:47:05 PM »

He is an amazing player and he has been pretty well at the top of his game for nearly a decade.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #234 on: September 30, 2007, 06:47:35 PM »

Trying a warm bath and putting a moist towel to the face might also help..

td

• td
« Reply #235 on: September 30, 2007, 07:09:55 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES - a howling good start to the new season.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #236 on: September 30, 2007, 07:10:19 PM »

DR Adriana Patti, you made me feel better about refusing to go see a movie in a theater: $11 and commercials?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

td

• td
« Reply #237 on: September 30, 2007, 07:10:57 PM »

I'd watch BROTHERS & SISTERS, but I still have an ALLY MCBEAL-induced aversion to Calista Flockhart.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #238 on: September 30, 2007, 07:11:45 PM »

Today DR Sandra and I met DR Kerry and one of his friends at Arizona State University and saw a nice student production of "She Loves Me." Afterward, we walked to Mill Avenue for dinner, where DR Kerry told us amusing stories about his neighbors.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

td

• td
« Reply #239 on: September 30, 2007, 07:13:02 PM »

I've been thinking about EASTERN PROMISES on the big screen, but, yes, those commercials are bothersome. . .on the other hand, the theater I favor is clean, has fresh popped popcorn, stadium seating, comfortable seating, great sound and big screens. . .so, I might just toddle off to the ten-fifty show.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up