Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLURBS  (Read 28203 times)

Emily

Re:THE BLURBS
« Reply #240 on: November 25, 2003, 05:45:28 PM »

with that last post I have 200 to go until Goddessism

Yippers!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #241 on: November 25, 2003, 05:48:42 PM »

I learned something about soup?  I have no memory of it.
Hmmmm...someone hasn't been reading the notes!!!   :o   ;)
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #242 on: November 25, 2003, 05:52:51 PM »

Goddess = A God with a Bodice!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 06:03:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #243 on: November 25, 2003, 05:56:34 PM »

Danise:  I'm tortured with curiousity about the free T-shirt you got at the Agricultural fair.

Does it say anything?  Like, oh... Farmers wives make the best hoers?

Or, World Champion Gelder ?

or, When I break 'em, they stay broke?

And as for the fake cow and the passing up the milking opportunity....are you a Kimlet or aren't you, young lady?  

That should have been "udderly ridiculous"!

;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 06:08:14 PM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: November 25, 2003, 06:02:06 PM »

I am home.  I am weary.  But not too weary for a posting frenzy and/or flurry.

Danise

« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2003, 06:03:32 PM »

Not wishing to provoke a GOD, I am answering post hast:

The T-shirt says:

Hillsborough Grown
Fresh From Florda

I will take a picture and post it soon.

I won't utter a word about your correction, either.

Danise
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 06:04:42 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #246 on: November 25, 2003, 06:09:35 PM »

Okay, Danise.  But do read some of the "additions" that came to me after-the-fact that I just HAD to ADD!

Danise

« Reply #247 on: November 25, 2003, 06:15:41 PM »

Here goes, my first attempt to post a picture........

Did it work?  Can you see it?

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #248 on: November 25, 2003, 06:18:05 PM »

Good evening everyone.  Currently I am watching the last few minutes of the Idol special, in which the classic "Silent Night" is being butchered by a bunch of screaming young adults.  Stop the madness.

I am also making a banana cream pie for my dear friend who has made the very wise decision to let go of a man who has been the source of much confusion and frustration for her.  This rather famous (in the theatre community, at any rate) man would have been perfect for my friend if only he would have been able to figure out what he wants and treat her with respect.  Oh well.  I am very proud of my friend for corralling enough self-respect to walk away with her dignity (somewhat) intact.  Good vibes to all women out there who are in similar situation and can't find the strength to move on.

I missed the big pasta day yesterday, so here is one of my favorite pasta dishes:

Pasta Primavera a la Joy

Ingredients:
Mushrooms
Onions
Tomatoes
Zucchini
Yellow Squash
(insert your fav. veggie here)
FRESH Linguine...

Gotta run, more later.  Sorry to leave you in suspense.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

td

• td
« Reply #249 on: November 25, 2003, 06:20:55 PM »

DR td, I hope you'll post your reactions to JACQUES BREL after you have watched it.

Well, I just got in from the theater, and the store would've been closed had I chanced the drive to it, so no BREL on dvd tonight.
On the other hand, I have been a fan of the film's soundtrack ever since it was released, which was prior to the actual showing of the film.
The film was the only one of the entire American Film Theater series which I managed to fit in all four showings of - - there's just something about that cast and that SEVENTY-TWO PIECE ORCHESTRA that made me inebriate.
Having been a fan of Brel's compositions from the first recording of . . .ALIVE AND WELL, the film - and it's very pre-mtv approach touched with a dab of Samuel Beckett (NOT the one that Scott Bakula played, either) - - seemed a bit daunting and incomprehensible at the time, but, after years and years of a third generation PBS broadcast of the film, I'm delighted to know that my dvd of BREL arrived safe and sound at Borders, and I only need go to pick it up BEFORE THE HERDS OF CHRISTMAS SHOPPERS congest all traffic, causing me to curse like a sailor in Amsterdam. . .

In other words, Matt:  I'm a major fan of the film.
The soundtrack was one of the first things I had transferred to cd once the technology came into being.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 06:21:08 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Danise

« Reply #250 on: November 25, 2003, 06:22:06 PM »

'Cause if it worked---

Here's the COW!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #251 on: November 25, 2003, 06:28:37 PM »

Now I ask you, would you like to milk a cow that had that big of a smile on it's face??

And in keeping with both the season and the topic here's a joke for you--

What does Santa do during the summer?

That's easy--he Hoe, hoe, hoes!

Did you know that Santa is the only man in the world that can run around with an old bag all night and not get talked about?

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #252 on: November 25, 2003, 06:40:53 PM »

Rather than post what I was going to post, I'm only going to say that the picture is great.

But oh my!  What WAS he/she thinking when he/she perched up there in front of that big old cow?  From that angle, I cannot discern the human's gender!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 06:43:10 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Danise

« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2003, 06:46:57 PM »

You wouldn't believe how far away I was when I got that picture--almost on the other side of the park.  And the lady just scooted on into the picture just as I snaped it.

D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #254 on: November 25, 2003, 06:51:06 PM »

It's 6:45 pm...I have five blank pages.  By 8:45 am I have to have those five blank pages filled with a paper on the history of art in Japan.  Oh goody...

Here I go...

Emily

« Reply #255 on: November 25, 2003, 06:54:33 PM »

five pages?  five pages!!!

oh I wish I were back in the land of five page papers... :)

this as I attack page #16 on the Mahdi...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 06:55:17 PM by Emily »
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #256 on: November 25, 2003, 07:01:14 PM »

WOW! I'm finally here! I keep getting distracted from my computer by little things such as: Naps, homework, dinner, "family meetings", looking through old papers from grades past, talking to Maya on the phone, etc.

Today was a GREAT day. I got a 100 on my Algebra quiz! *Happy Dance*
I watched Finding Nemo in French class, en francais. "Trouver Nemo" is such a great movie.
I presented my sonnet in English, and it was very well accepted. Not to sound conceited, but mine was the best. I would guess (and probably be right) that everyone else wrote theirs during first period. Slackers.

It's kind of ironic that on this day, when DR Paulie registers, Ben begins spelling names backwards. Ever since we first became friends a few months back, Paul and I have called each other Haras and Luap. Crazy coincidence.

Andrea: CYGOPP is pretty. I want one :).

Laura II: Who got sick at Myrtle Beach?

Jane: Welcome back! Your husband was quite entertaining, with his scolding messages towards Bruce. But we're glad to have you "home" :).

Emily: Resist temptations! Don't give in to the donut call! You sound like Homer Simpson, only he would have given up by now.

My room is messy again. I am doomed to never have a clean room. I would give up, but my dad is just NON-STOP persisting. Parents are so intimidating sometimes! The threat of "Hmm...maybe if the room isn't clean, the computer might get taken away. Would you like that Sarah? Is that incentive enough for you? Maybe I should go look at your closet and see how much work you've done, since I KNOW you haven't been on the computer or anything, am I correct?"

They're right, though. Damn it.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #257 on: November 25, 2003, 07:01:14 PM »

Emily - to defend myself, I lived in the land of 20 page philosophy papers for two years...then I finished that part of my degree.  This is a 100 level class that I need to graduate.  5 pages is nothing...which is why I put it off 'till the night before it was due :)

Andrea

« Reply #258 on: November 25, 2003, 07:01:26 PM »

Please send good vibes to my next door neighbour... She has lost her puppy: he escaped under the fence into someone's yard... but not ours...

He's so tiny-- I hope she finds him soon

Jennifer

« Reply #259 on: November 25, 2003, 07:04:03 PM »

I also watched the Idol special. What did you Americans think of our Canadian Idol? He didn't have much to do.

Did anyone else think it is still a bit too early to be hearing all these Christmas songs (with snow and trees galore). I know it's November sweeps. But I really think that in 2 weeks I would have enjoyed this special more.

And why was Clay the host and not Ryan Seacrest?

Andrea

« Reply #260 on: November 25, 2003, 07:04:34 PM »

On the topic of donuts: I am on a no sweet diet (Yeah, I know, stupid, cause it's not like I already don't fit into a small)... today, in an effort to resist chocolate, I ate kosher pickles, chicken figures, trukey lunch meat, oranges and croutons... somehow, I think it would have been better to eat the chocolate!

Emily

« Reply #261 on: November 25, 2003, 07:05:40 PM »

Ann I love 100 level classes...

don't they make you feel smart after years of pompous grad students?  I know I need that in my life :)

Andrea

« Reply #262 on: November 25, 2003, 07:06:02 PM »

DR Sarah: If you want one, I'm sure CYGOPP will have no problem with lending himself to the cause.

Emily

« Reply #263 on: November 25, 2003, 07:06:16 PM »

swishy I have some more JRB with your name on it if you'd ever get back onto MSN...

I mean... really!  :)

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2003, 07:06:52 PM »

Ann and I posted at the exact same time, but mine is the only one that shows up on the homepage list. So, for future reference, Ann posted too!

Good vibes to Andrea's neighbor! ~~~

Emily and Ann: I had to write a 30 page paper last year on the Mesopotamian way of life. THIRTY PAGES! Do you know how BORING that is? Size 12 font, Times New Roman, 1.5 spaced, and no names/date/class at the top, or on a cover page. Mr. Richards was the devil!

About an hour ago, I was looking through my papers from last year, and I found all of my history essays from last year. Altogether, there has to be at least 85, each 3 pages long. I have myself a book!
...Walk in the sunshine...

Jennifer

« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2003, 07:07:49 PM »

Wow some very terrible stories. I'm glad I've never been mugged.

Oh DR Maya: I feel so bad for your friend. I hope little puppy is found soon.

Emily

« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2003, 07:08:37 PM »

I also watched the Idol special.

And why was Clay the host and not Ryan Seacrest?

Jennifer didn't you hear about Ryan's hair accident?  

He burnt off a good portion of his scalp when he accidentally fell asleep while straightening his hair.  Oh the humanity! ;)

Actually I think it was something about the contract

Jennifer

« Reply #267 on: November 25, 2003, 07:09:01 PM »

Thank you DR Andrea for that Goddess song. I will be a Goddess by tomorrow if it kills me.

Jennifer

« Reply #268 on: November 25, 2003, 07:11:02 PM »

DR Maya: thanks for your song too. I'm just catching up on the posts.

For some reason I was thinking of the tune to Annie's "The sun will come out tomorrow".

"I will be a Goddess tomorrow ...." :)

Michael

« Reply #269 on: November 25, 2003, 07:12:41 PM »

I understand Bruce was talking about the Blurbs. Any chance was it one of the movies down below
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up