Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE TEENY TINY NOTES  (Read 20653 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE TEENY TINY NOTES
« Reply #150 on: December 06, 2003, 11:24:30 PM »

This is not Washington
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #151 on: December 06, 2003, 11:25:59 PM »

At last the board is looking normal!!!??? for this time of the night.  Why I wonder do Washingtonians keep later hours than the citizens of Oregon?

DR TomFromOz:  It rains in those two states more than it does in any other.

What else have they got to do?

:)

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: December 06, 2003, 11:28:33 PM »

Which still does not answer my question. And of course it does "beg" the question "why you Ron?"
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #153 on: December 06, 2003, 11:29:08 PM »

So, DR Tom, thanks for pointing out to me that DR François is no longer a registered user.  

I hope he didn't get in trouble or anything for posting here.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #154 on: December 06, 2003, 11:31:56 PM »

"Strictly Ballroom" -- a movie everyone should see!

I tried my almighty best this afternoon to convince DR MattH to put on some street clothes and get his butt cheeks over to his favorite video store to rent this wonderful Aussie film.

Instead, he watched "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and "Oliver!" and that's just fine.

But I think -- yes I do! -- that one he actually watches "Strictly Ballroom," he will kick himself for not having seen it before.

In case it has passed any of you buy, THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE ENTERTAINMENT and it will tickle you and warm you and leave you feeling breathless and alive and happy!

It's one of my favorite pick-me-ups!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #155 on: December 06, 2003, 11:32:55 PM »

DR Tom From Oz:  Why ME Ron what?

Why so cryptic?  What's your question?

Why do Washingtonians stay up later than Oregonians?

Maybe it rains MORE in Washington than it does in Oregon!!!

« Last Edit: December 06, 2003, 11:35:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: December 06, 2003, 11:34:57 PM »

And I get to spend New Year's Eve with Paul Mecurio. I suspect I have mentioned that before and will again.  I will attempt to find out if it is indeed strictly ballroom as he does the full monty! Is this an adult site?
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: December 06, 2003, 11:36:01 PM »

Sure, I'll do a monologue.  Here's one of my eBay Kimmel prizes - a model kit.

Wow, BK, a photo of a foot long Kimmel!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #158 on: December 06, 2003, 11:36:24 PM »

I LOVE Strictly Ballroom!!  One of my childhood favorites.  And Paul was just so sexy when he danced...how could you not love him.  I've also always had a weakness for cute accents...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #159 on: December 06, 2003, 11:37:21 PM »

I trust you'll go back stage, or at least stand outside the stage door and get an autograph?

You should try to get one of his leather codpiece photos from "Exit To Eden" and ask him to autograph that!!!

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: December 06, 2003, 11:37:29 PM »

The rain may be the reason for the posts from Washington late at night but that is surely not the case for a Californian resident. The question was comparing the posting habits from the people of the two NW states.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #161 on: December 06, 2003, 11:40:18 PM »

It's Saturday night, Tom!

Ain't no big thing to be up at 11:30 p.m. on a Saturday night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: December 06, 2003, 11:41:22 PM »

Now wait just a darned minute - Francois is no longer a registered user?  What in tarnation IS going on?  Can someone drop him a line and tell him he's about to get a transcontinental bitch-slapping from here to eternity?

Tomovoz

« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2003, 11:43:54 PM »

M. Monferran will not be back in Paris until Thursday so I don't think he will feel the wrath of anyone or even the breeze of a bitch slap.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2003, 11:44:01 PM »

Well, after working in concessions for a choir concert tonight (actually, I left right after intermission...they were good, but I just wasn't in the mood), I went to a local video/DVD rental place and rented two fairly new DVDs that have Bernadette Peters.  I'm not holding out hope that either are incredibly fabulous, but I don't care.  I want to see Bernadette Peters in a movie...and I got two:

One of them is the Douglas clan flick called "It Runs In the Family."  Kirk, Michael and Cameron Douglas play father, son and grandson and Bernadette plays Michael's wife.  FINALLY A MOVIE WHERE HE'S MARRIED TO A WOMAN HIS OWN AGE!!!  I'm just so tired of those older man VERY much younger woman relationship movies.  Anyway, I don't know anything about the story.

The other is a made-for-TV movie called "Prince Charming."  I don't ever remember hearing about this.  This is the synopsis on imdb.com:

A prince gets turned into a frog and can only be changed back to a prince if he can get a fair maiden to kiss him and marry him. In this version, his sidekick, played by Martin Short, also becomes a frog...<SNIP>  As frogs, and 500 years after the spell, they get onto a plane in England and accidently get deposited into present-day NYC. Barely dodging traffic, they end up in central park where they meet an actress (Bernadette Peters) who they think will be the one. On a lark, the prince frog gets kissed, and tossed into the lake, where he changes, his assistant too, back into people. But the actress is gone. They meet and hire a horse carriage tour driver (Christina Applegate) to find her, but not everything works out the way it should. There is some issue about the gold coin he gives her (is it real? Yes, worth $6000!), whether his story is real (yes, it is!). And, as we probably all expected, the prince and the carriage driver get together in the end.

It sounds cute...and I want to see Bernadette Peters in a movie, even if it is made-for-TV.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: December 06, 2003, 11:48:50 PM »

I trust you'll go back stage, or at least stand outside the stage door and get an autograph?

You should try to get one of his leather codpiece photos from "Exit To Eden" and ask him to autograph that!!!

I have this movie on laserdisc (pausing on a laserdisc is so much clearer than on video :o )!  Do you think he would sign that or would he run screaming into the night trying to get away from it?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #166 on: December 06, 2003, 11:50:27 PM »

I assume DR Jed is still reading the posts, which is the reason why we haven't gotten our report on today's performances, as yet.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: December 06, 2003, 11:55:25 PM »

I am so excited!  I just noticed that I am now only 12 posts away from God-ship-ness.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #168 on: December 06, 2003, 11:57:36 PM »

The purple tighted one may have fallen asleep. We need an aparition.
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #169 on: December 06, 2003, 11:58:34 PM »

Hello late night crowd!  Yes, today was a double, and all went pretty well.  Matinee was what I would call a decent show... nothing better than usual, but no worse either.  A bunch of us then had a potluck dinner to fill the late afternoon/early evening between shows.  Mmm-mmm, them were some yummy chicken enchiladas!  The night show was quite good.  Without doubt, the best so far (of only 3, of course, but all scenes seemed to be their best yet).

Matinee tomorrow, followed by photo call, but I do believe I should be able to make it to chat!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2003, 12:00:18 AM »

Jose:  You do realize that you are from the wrong Washington?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2003, 12:02:21 AM »

Hello late night crowd!  Yes, today was a double, and all went pretty well.  Matinee was what I would call a decent show... nothing better than usual, but no worse either.  A bunch of us then had a potluck dinner to fill the late afternoon/early evening between shows.  Mmm-mmm, them were some yummy chicken enchiladas!  The night show was quite good.  Without doubt, the best so far (of only 3, of course, but all scenes seemed to be their best yet).

Matinee tomorrow, followed by photo call, but I do believe I should be able to make it to chat!

Jed, glad the show is going well.  I wish I could see it.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2003, 12:06:39 AM »

Heaven awaits you TCB. I hope I am awake for the welcoming party. Any requests for the choir and the harpists?
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2003, 12:09:33 AM »

Good night my friends - back to my sordid life. "See" you all tomorrow.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2003, 12:11:50 AM »

Last call, last call.

Michael

« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2003, 12:14:59 AM »

I saw Quilp at a special sneak preview at what is now Bookstar here in Studio City.  I would say seventy percent of the audience walked out after fifteen minutes.  I can't remember how long I lasted.  I knew about the unreleased LP, and I finally found a copy in the late seventies.  I never taped it, and it's long since gone, just like most of the Hainsies/Kimlets tonight.

I always thought Bookstar used to be a movie theater. It just looked like one
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up