Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 200,000 POSTS  (Read 24757 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:200,000 POSTS
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 07:00:12 AM »

And of course DRJAY photographed the ACTUAL home of Miss Allison Hayes in North Hollywood (DRJOSE searched for it, but didn't find it, getting points for effort nonetheless).....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 07:01:11 AM »

All of the movies and music that have been discussed here on HHW and that I purchased and enjoyed.....has made my cultural life much richer, I am sure.

And of course everyone here has a most interesting life, and I enjoy reading all about what is going on....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 07:01:59 AM »

Page Two Lucy/Esmerelda dance.  ;D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2006, 07:14:39 AM »

The most memorable benefit of this site has been getting to know BK.  I loved doing my unseemly interview and answering BK's loopy questions. I miss the late night frenzies when BK, I, George, and a few other late nighters would be the only ones posting and doing the limbo. I like to listen to the radio show.  And, of course, it's always nice to find one's name mentioned in the notes when BK is describing the happenings of his eventful day.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 07:23:27 AM »

Good morning!

But so far it hasn't been one for me. I had one of those infrequent nights last night where it was impossible to turn my mind off and fall asleep. I tossed and turned and finally right before 3 a.m. just got up, came into the den, and turned on the TV. More about my viewing at that absurd hour later.

It's been raining all morning and is very cool. Supposed to stay that way, too, so when I go out today for lunch with friends, I'll be wearing long sleeves and long pants. Hey, just like a grown up!  :)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 07:25:31 AM »

I started my early morning viewing by finishing SUMMER STOCK that I had begun last night. Undoubtedly the best the movie has ever looked on home video.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 07:27:34 AM »

Then, I watched the CSI: MIAMI rerun I recorded from Tuesday night. After getting into the story, I did remember seeing it this season, but the story of a movie screenplay suggesting real-life murders was an interesting episode, and the ongoing story of Ryan Wolfe's struggle with his eyesight after taking a nail right above the right eye has been the one character story this season which has held my interest.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2006, 07:29:52 AM »

Then, I plucked FORBIDDEN PLANET off the shelf. Knowing that a new, improved edition of the film is coming this fall, I figured this may be the last time I will probably watch this particular DVD of the movie. I got about 15 minutes into it when my eyes started getting heavy.

So, I saved my place and by now it was 5:45 a.m., and I was able to sleep about three hours. I suspect there will be a nap in my future at some point today.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2006, 07:34:11 AM »

My favorite moments at HHW have been the Oscar nights. Because it's live all over the US, there are no need for spoilers, and we can all post away about the fashions, the winners and losers, and everything Oscar.

I have also felt very fortunate to become acquainted with some very knowledgeable people in the show biz world and glean from them many different points of view regarding all things entertainment. We may not always agree, but I do often value the opinions offered.

And another bit of thanks to those DRs who have shared so generously of their collections of films, CDs, LPs, etc. I have tried to return the favor when possible, but just wanted to pass on how appreciative I am to those who have been so generous. You know who you are.

MBarnum

« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2006, 07:35:23 AM »

Favorite things about this site have been meeting some wonderful DRs in Portland, Los Angeles, and New York...plus getting wonderful movies and music from DRs in such places as Indiana and Australia!! And simply having the opportunity to get to know DRs from Florida, Washington, Japan, France, Arizona, North Dakota, and just all over...and of course I wouldn't even know what a Bollywood movie was if not for this here sight...nor would I have delved so furiously into the films of Hong Kong or Mexico.

And then there are the posts that just make me laugh out loud (thanks Vixmom!), or just smile, and even sometimes go  :o
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 07:36:17 AM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2006, 07:37:08 AM »

...And of course this here sight has helped me through some darn boring days at work, also! LOL!

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2006, 07:38:33 AM »

I frankly am relieved Kellie Pickler was "picked off" IDOL last night. She had totally lost her confidence in the last few weeks and watching her struggle through the last two performances had been rather painful. I found her entertaining and unpretentious, but she's too unseasoned to be able to compete with the far more experienced competition left on the show.

And even though she's from NC, I have not been voting for her at all (other than the occasional call to see whose line was busy).

I'm guessing now that this contest is Chris' to lose.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2006, 07:46:46 AM »

DRMATTH - as you mentioned in passing last night....for some reason Walter Plunkett and/or the other MGM dress designers somehow decided that if a character lived in or was FROM the country, their dresses and skirts would be all rickrack, patterns, sweetheart necklines, ruffles, and curious sleeves.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: April 27, 2006, 07:49:25 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Very gray outside - the weather here has been very wacky and unpredictable.

Matt H.

« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2006, 07:57:25 AM »

DRMATTH - as you mentioned in passing last night....for some reason Walter Plunkett and/or the other MGM dress designers somehow decided that if a character lived in or was FROM the country, their dresses and skirts would be all rickrack, patterns, sweetheart necklines, ruffles, and curious sleeves.

And it's HELL on a high def display!  ;D

Judy's overalls in SUMMER STOCK have pinstripes that drive my display batty, and the tweed coats on several of the guys are also problematic.

FJL

« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2006, 08:07:44 AM »

Glad to see that the BMI Musical Theater Workshop and the York Theater got well-deserved special Drama Desk Awards.

Based on the hot word of mouth, surprised that [title of show] got no nominations, especially since there were categories it could have been nominated in where they were stretching to find nominees - very odd.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2006, 08:20:20 AM »

Re: last night's TAR.

spoilers in case anyone hasn't seen it.

Re: what DR Cillaliz said about the frat boys.

I do think they are very confident.  And i'm sure many would find them quite arrogant.  But I still like them. They crack me up.  And they are really good at the race.

Re: giving the hippies money.  I think it was very generous for fran and barry to give them the money. But i don't fault the frats for declining. They are trying to win a million dollars, and the hippies are their stiffest competition.  I really don't know what I would do in their place.  But I really thought what they did was much funnier than how rude mojo was. Obviously the hippies felt the same way, since they were so mad at mojo (threatening to yield them). Since the frats are the hippies greatest competition logically they should want to yield them!

Jennifer

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2006, 08:22:26 AM »

Re: the package I was expecting on my birthday.

Yesterday it was listed as "out for delivery". But when i checked this morning it said that it had been "rerouted to the correct new address". Not sure what that means. Looks like they made a booboo! :(

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2006, 08:25:07 AM »

Thanks to DRs Jennifer and Cillaliz for the Spoiler Warnings on their TAR discussions--I got home a little late last night and have yet to watch it.  I shall view it tonight.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ben

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2006, 08:25:13 AM »

Here is the list of Drama Desk nominations

DD Nominations

I, too, am surprised at a couple of things. As Fred said, nothing for [title of show]. I'm seeing it tomorrow evening but based on word of mouth and extensions I was sure it would have picked up something.

A show that I'm very surprised to see pick up so many nominations (8) is Wedding Singer. I thought it was pleasant fluff with some problems but I never thought it would be strong enough to pick up nominations in Outstanding Music and Outstanding Lyrics - OMG, what were they thinking. The show opens tonight and it may be a bigger hit than I thought it could be, perhaps even nudging out Lestat or Tarzan for a Best Musical nomination at the Tonys. I said earlier that it would have to work awfully hard to reach that point. Well, I may be proven wrong.

Oh, well, what the hell do I know? Many of the current musicals are not written with me in mind anyway so that shows me  ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 08:27:04 AM by Ben »

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2006, 08:26:35 AM »

Re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL.

I'm really not sure who will win. Because once someone is voted off it's hard to know where their fans will vote.

But I don't think elliot or paris have a chance.  Elliot got the highest praise and was still most likely bottom 3.  And paris has continually been in the bottom.

I am disappointed that kellie was voted off.  Although i agree her confidence was way down the past 2 weeks, and that showed.

I still really hate it when someone gets voted off without being in the bottom ever. But i guess with all good singers left it's hard to know who to vote out.

I really think katharine has to be growing in popularity. If she could be top 2 after the judges' comments then that is great for her. And i'm guessing chris' fans just assumed he was safe last week (and that is why they did not vote for him).

Right now i would like katharine to win. I do like all the others though. I'm wondering if we will have a chris/katharine or a chris/taylor finale.

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2006, 08:27:40 AM »

Thanks to DRs Jennifer and Cillaliz for the Spoiler Warnings on their TAR discussions--I got home a little late last night and have yet to watch it.  I shall view it tonight.

And good for you to mention that you haven't seen it. Because now we will be sure to continue the warnings!

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2006, 08:27:43 AM »

Did the producers of THE COLOR PURPLE withdraw their show from consideration? I knew TARZAN wasn't eligible for Oouter Critics or DD this season, but what happened with THE COLOR PURPLE?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2006, 08:28:11 AM »

Not one nomination for WELL?  Was it not eligible?  I thought it was the critics' darling show of the season.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2006, 08:30:16 AM »

Yes, I think the best Elliott can hope for is 4th, sad to say. He is BY FAR my favorite singer on the show this year.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2006, 08:33:01 AM »

And I'm guessing that next week on IDOL, each singer gets two songs. Did they mention the theme for next week?

FJL

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2006, 08:36:03 AM »

Absolutely shocked that, with only three nominees in the Drama Desk's Best Book category, they must have made an absolutely determined decision not to fill the category out to the usual six nominees.  So they clearly must have been determined not to honor with ANY nominations COLOR PURPLE, [title of show], and others that might have easily qualified in that category.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2006, 08:36:36 AM »

I shall now be on my way to LACC, after which I shall return.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2006, 08:39:56 AM »

Did the producers of THE COLOR PURPLE withdraw their show from consideration? I knew TARZAN wasn't eligible for Oouter Critics or DD this season, but what happened with THE COLOR PURPLE?

Oprah must have forgotten to mail in that envelope!

Playbill Online mentions that the DD awards show will be taped and shown nationwide on PBS.  Was this done last year?  I hope one of my local PBS channels carry it.
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2006, 08:41:10 AM »

Dan - WELL was eligible for the Drama Desk when essentially the same production played off-Broadway a few years back, so it wasn't eligible now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up