Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: I'M GAME  (Read 20423 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:I'M GAME
« Reply #90 on: December 14, 2003, 04:14:14 PM »

Yes DRMATT mine is the Stanley Kubrick Collection.  I noticed there were a couple of versions, but I read about them on Amazon and Epinions and figured out which one I wanted. 8-)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Andrea

« Reply #91 on: December 14, 2003, 04:23:15 PM »

Ah... so it is snowing!

My charming and lovely parents were mentioned in the local society column today. Right after the billionaire real estate owner. So now all my mom's friends are wondering if we are secret millionaires. And she's loving it. Yup, right after the Alexis Nihon's come Anne and Ed:)

http://www.canada.com/search/story.aspx?id=f99f69b7-2f0e-43a5-b618-2faaffb52c32

« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 04:23:36 PM by Andrea »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2003, 04:36:01 PM »

Once again, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to Tom of/from/ov Oz

And HEUREUX ANNIVERSAIRE (from F.M.)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #93 on: December 14, 2003, 04:40:12 PM »

DR Ron: Don't the guns of Quebec face the USA only? Cities along the border are for protection from the hostile neighbours.

I'm pretty sure they're close because of the shopping.  That, and they don't want to feel too isolated.

:)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2003, 04:57:18 PM »

Jrand  I love that simley face!

A very appropriate comment for this "Unsimley Messageboard"!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2003, 05:49:36 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  I just returned from my swellegant partay - very nice, excellent food, interesting folks.  What could be better than THAT?  Now, let me just ask this question - where in tarnation IS everyone.  We're on our way to a new low on this board - we can't let that happen, can we?

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2003, 06:05:56 PM »

a lull? Never.. not when Bruce Almighty is here...

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2003, 06:07:19 PM »

Lovely photo of you and your mom, DR Andrea. What was the occasion?
I'm soooo sleepy - might have something to do with waking up at 3 a.m.. Must stay awake to watch ANGELS IN AMERICA. I think I'll get in bed with a book until ANGELS comes on. Ah the glamorous life of a screenwriter in Hollywood! Jackie Collins, eat your heart out.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2003, 06:17:31 PM »

That is a nice photo, Andrea.  And Craig, that's pretty darn cool what you were able to do to/with that "Bruce Almighty" photo!

Right now, I'm baking cookies at my sister's house (so I don't have to buy all the ingredients that I don't have) and the first batch of chocolate chip cookies turned out rather nicely.  Both my sister and niece agree.  Now on to chocolate chip cookies with walnuts then white and black M&M cookies.  I'm not sure if I'll make a batch with both black and white M&M's or half a batch with black M&M's then a half a batch with white M&M's.  I have a while to decide...AND even after all of that, my sister wants a batch of cookies with cut up almond Snickers in them.  We'll see if that's possible or if it's just too much cookies.  I did buy the Snickers, though, so at least that part's taken care of.

My sister's boyfriend is taping "Angels in America" and he'll make me a copy.  I'll watch that later in the week.  Otherwise I hope everyone's Sunday is going well!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jed

« Reply #99 on: December 14, 2003, 06:20:35 PM »

Jed:  No pics of you in the purple tights yet?  Are they still holding up under the massive power of your thunder thighs? ;)

The tights are certainly showing some real signs of strain due to my thunder thighs, but I'm told they still look fine from the audience, so all is good.  As for pics, as soon as my friends who snapped some shots at the photo call send me some, you shall all get to enjoy the glory. :D
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2003, 06:29:48 PM »

Lovely picture Andrea....and yes Craig....your poster-photo manipulation is masterful.

Between Craig and DRMichael Shayne it is impossible to believe your eyes.

I am watching ANGELS IN AMERICA....good work by everyone!  But I am finding there are some parts that I had more interest in when I saw it in the theatre...and it can't be the casting because all the performers are great!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2003, 07:01:38 PM »

The tights are certainly showing some real signs of strain due to my thunder thighs, but I'm told they still look fine from the audience, so all is good.  As for pics, as soon as my friends who snapped some shots at the photo call send me some, you shall all get to enjoy the glory. :D

Someone mentioned to me that those tights would probably wear better for you if you shaved your legs, Jed!

Of course, you'd have to do it often, 'cause tights and stubble don't get along too well.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2003, 07:17:30 PM »

We're taping Angels for later.

Meanwhile, before I managed to finally get der Brucer off the computer (and then some), I was watching an interesting Christmas special on TNT.  Titled Christmas in Washington, it featured Ashanti, Kenny Chesney, Renee Fleming, the Pres and Laura...but that wasn't what I found interesting.  

What was interesting was the venue, the National Building Museum.  Sure, that sounds boring, but it is one of the most stunning interiors in Washington DC, with gigantic faux marble collumns supporting a roof of iron and glass over a four-story atrium.  The building was originally built to organize and dispense the pensions for those who fought in the Civil War, and has some of the most unusual flights of stairs I have ever encountered, with longer than usual treads and very short risers (about half the usual height), so that the injured veterans on crutches could more easily climb to the higher levels.

Der Brucer and I discovered this museum on a trip to DC a few years ago, when they had a temporary exhibit about the architecture at the Disney theme parks.  It's not too far off the beaten path, and worth repeated visits.  And I could spend a fortune in their on-site bookstore, given the chance!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2003, 07:21:05 PM »

Someone mentioned to me that those tights would probably wear better for you if you shaved your legs, Jed!

Of course, you'd have to do it often, 'cause tights and stubble don't get along too well.
And just the legs, Jed.  They'll itch like crazy later as it is when the hair grows back out, and you don't want that itching elsewhere...trust me.   ::) :P :o
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2003, 07:23:14 PM »

Some of us actually actually enjoyed our lives in ancient societies DR Ann. Spirituality and Religion had nothing to do with it - we just wanted to "pretty up" our drab buildings. We didn't have spray paints so had to carve in our graffiti. Check with TCB he may well remember why and what he wrote - especially the phone number stuff!
I thought TCB's first job was with the Pony Express!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2003, 07:54:49 PM »

I thought TCB's first job was with the Pony Express!

S. Woody, for shame!  You should dig deeper.

I have it on good authority that he was one of the first people to greet the runner from Marathon, Greece who died after announcing the news that Greece had beaten the Persian Empire.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 07:55:13 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Tomovoz

« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2003, 08:01:58 PM »

I am sure that there is indeed no link between Marathon mans' death and TCB.  I can verify that he was indeed at the steam baths all day. He was the young lad in charge of the soap. So many people kept dropping it. I remember that day well as young TCB was asked to pose for a Greek Urn. And I know there are a few people who would like to know just how much does a Greek earn for soap duty.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2003, 08:27:13 PM »

Gorgeous writing and beautiful performances; I'm glad I lived long enough to see these wonderful, inspiring plays put on film so beautifully. Start printing the Emmy labels for Pacino's, Streep's, and Jeffrey Wright's.

Got a good laugh from the Bruce Almighty poster. You people are adept with Photoshop and clever to boot!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Emily

« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2003, 08:32:21 PM »

I just walked home from my sister's house (which is five blocks away) after watching SURVIVOR.  A blizzard is raging here people and I know about it first hand.

It took me twenty minutes of breaking through snow to walk the five blocks.  

Florida sounds nice right about now... is Arnold Brockman taking house guests? ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #109 on: December 14, 2003, 08:34:23 PM »

Oh and Craig,

Maya and Andrea and I need to talk possible meeting times with you during the Goldiggers 2003-4 trip.

You are, of course, the Gazillionaire we all most want to land... ;)  

« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 08:35:12 PM by Emily »
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2003, 08:42:41 PM »

Emily-

Arnold Brockman is taking House Guests. Should I invite Craig also?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2003, 08:44:26 PM »

Sad to report that JEANNE CRAIN died.

One of my favorite actresses.

Matt H.

« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2003, 08:44:42 PM »

Off to bed now. I've been reading Patricia Cornwell's BLACK NOTICE, and it's really getting good now. Good night, all. See you back here tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2003, 08:46:40 PM »

Oh, dear, that IS sad news. Even though she didn't do her own singing in STATE FAIR, she was a lovely ingenue.

Thanks for the info.

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2003, 08:46:55 PM »

DR MattH asked how he could have possibly known that I was aware that Alias star Michael Vartaan, does the full monty in One Hour Photo.

Well, actually I don't love him either.  So it's no big deal. Plus I'm not sure I want to see THAT MUCH of him :)  I loved Jennifer Garner with her husband Scott Foley. And when they broke up and she was dating her co-star so soon, it sort of left a bad taste in my mouth.

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2003, 08:48:08 PM »

DR Emily wrote earlier:
in other news... we are expecting 40cm of snow tonight!  

Where did you hear that estimate?  I heard 15-30cms. But I think they changed that to just up to 15cm.

Right now i'm not sure how much there is. But I can't sleep, cause my stupid next door neighbor is outside my window with his tractor snowblower :(

And just now she wrote:
I just walked home from my sister's house (which is five blocks away) after watching SURVIVOR.  A blizzard is raging here people and I know about it first hand.

It took me twenty minutes of breaking through snow to walk the five blocks

At least you were walking. I was making cookies with my aunt. And only left at 5:45pm. It was horrible driving (took me 45 minutes).

Btw, Interesting Survivor finale!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 08:51:07 PM by Jennifer »

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2003, 09:22:31 PM »

I've done most of my studying, and I will do the rest in a half hour or so...what can I say?  I'm a night owl.

Craig and Michael Shayne--yes, the Photoshops were terrific.  I laughed so hard at the Bruce Almighty one.  

Yes, the Golddiggers and I would like to meet Arnold Brockman's little boy.  :)

Andrea--you look lovely in that pic!  God, I want curly hair.  It may be time to get a perm for me!

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2003, 09:25:02 PM »

By the way...even though it may not be up everyone's alley here, I want to recommend a really fun game...KARAOKE REVOLUTION!  I played it today with some of my girlfriends.  It's a video game, and the machine is able to judge your covers of songs based on pitch.  Here's a link...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AI1KN/qid=1071465832/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1_etk-vg/104-8065179-5122342?v=glance&s=videogames&n=468642

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #118 on: December 14, 2003, 09:40:35 PM »

The National Building Museum is one of my favorite places in the world, but I've not seen much of the world

TCB's first job was as Clarabell, unless I'm dreadfully confused.

Mamma Mia is significantly emptier than crack, as experiences go.  A smarmy plot that was previously used in a flop Lerner & Lane musical, and every song is shoehorned in nonsensically, which is supposed to be fun, but isn't.  Then they give a curtain call that has all the energy and fun that the show lacked.

DW Joy was brilliant at the concert today with the holiday songs by musical theatre writers; brought down the house (and a handsome house it is, the Donnell).  She sang Say Amen from Our Wedding - The Musical even though that's not one of her numbers on the original cast album.  www.weddingmusical.com
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: December 14, 2003, 10:22:02 PM »

Oh, and all that late night activity - TCB, don't go there - gave me an idea for a new one person show - well, at least the title:

I Am My Own Frenzy!

*And all titles do need an "!" nowadays.

You know, Jose,  I have been calling my one-man show that for a long time.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up