Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH DUDGEON  (Read 24524 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:HIGH DUDGEON
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2006, 11:21:48 AM »

This country needs to develop alternative energy sources ASAP so that we can kiss the oil producing nations goodbye forever.

I'll second that! And in the meantime, I wish they'd replace our local coal burning super-polluting power plant with a nice new nuclear plant - clean, safe, efficient!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 11:37:30 AM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2006, 11:31:39 AM »

That was FAST, der Brucer.  I shipped, I jogged, and now shall be on my way to Mr. Grant Geissman's.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2006, 11:41:39 AM »

I'm not here.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #63 on: September 11, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »

I'll second that! And in the meantime, I wish they'd replace our local coal burning super-polluting power plant with a nice new nuclear plant - clean, safe, efficient!

der Brucer

It's well past time for nuclear science to catch up to computer science.

We've gone from computers that filled large rooms to microchips no larger than the head of a pin.  So why haven't we developed small nuclear cells for running cars?

Because (ahem)...of the same reason those last-forever tires were bought and filed away....it doesn't suit the purposes of the folks whose livelihoods depend upon maintaining the consumptive status quo.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 11:45:01 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2006, 11:48:36 AM »

I'm not here.

You are an enigma then... a figment of our imagination!! :)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #65 on: September 11, 2006, 11:53:03 AM »

It's well past time for nuclear science to catch up to computer science.

We've gone from computers that filled large rooms to microchips no larger than the head of a pin.  So why haven't we developed small nuclear cells for running cars?

Because (ahem)...of the same reason those last-forever tires were bought and filed away....it doesn't suit the purposes of the folks whose livelihoods depend upon maintaining the consumptive status quo.

During the summer I often walked to work. However, during the school year, that is bit more of a dangerous proposition since I work until midnight, so I drive for personal safety then. I do try and walk as much as possible. Exercise is is good and I have lost over 15 lbs and have 15 more to go. I do try and follow the rule of keeping my car parked at least once a week during the winter. I have learned to put my errands on days I drive, etc. It may not be a lot but it is something.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: September 11, 2006, 11:58:27 AM »

Nice new avatars for DRs TOMovOZ & TPUNK.

What a great find at the book dealers....MR BK...and what a lovely Kuhlman book.  Were her books privately published or were they marketed by a BIG house?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: September 11, 2006, 11:59:15 AM »

Today I received GOJIRA the new 2-disk set and BRAINIAC....if you recognize the title, I need say no more...if you don't, I could NEVER explain it.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2006, 11:59:35 AM »

High dudgeon?  I thought the dudgeon was always in the basement.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #69 on: September 11, 2006, 12:03:33 PM »

That is High dungeon :)  A good place for baddies!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2006, 12:04:39 PM »

Hmmmm.....I was working at my office at the Indiana Department of Labor.  We were on Central Time then, so reports started coming in around 8 am....

I remembered the reading about the small plane that crashed into the Empire State Building in the 1940's...and thought that is what must have happened....  Then things got worse.  Someone pushed a television set into an office, and we watched.  They also sent us home around 1 pm.  I had to drive past the airport to get home, and I was a little worried.

It was a terrible day....and like DR MATTH and DR CP ... I really am not interested in watching any "docudramas" or "remembrances" of the events.  Being there was BAD enough.

We were also in the middle of a two-week run of THE ODD COUPLE.  I was playing Felix.  We had a scheduled pick up rehearsal that night, that I went to.  Some cast members were missing.  We had a brief "executive committee" meeting, and decided the show would go on Wed-Sat as scheduled.

But those were very difficult shows to do....but the audiences all said..."Thanks....we need to get back to as normal as possible..."  As if we ever could.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 12:04:57 PM by JRand56 »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2006, 12:05:16 PM »

Jacques Tati....not my cuppa.....

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2006, 12:07:20 PM »

For big brother fans, a letter from janelle's mother about what it's like to be an allstar's mother:

http://www.hamsterwatch.com/bb7/MotherofanAllStar.shtml

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2006, 12:23:03 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - check your garment pockets and the bottoms of drawers.  I think the necklaces are someplace you have already looked.  Look again.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2006, 12:42:27 PM »

Look in the box on your dresser that you typically do not put jewelry in. It has sort of a floral like design....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2006, 12:43:14 PM »

if it is not there, look in the bathroom in a small dish in your linen closet.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2006, 12:46:04 PM »

You placed it in an unusual location or box becuase the normal boxed was packed when you moved and you placed in another small box for safe keeping.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2006, 12:48:17 PM »

THey are near something flowery like..

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2006, 12:52:02 PM »

So why haven't we developed small nuclear cells for running cars?

No one has yet seriously proposed a nucear energy source for running automobiles. Tech development takesd place where the research money is, and here is where it is going:

•   Biodiesel
•   Combustion
•   Diesel Engine
•   Electric Vehicles
•   Ethanol
•   Fuel Cells Hybrid Electric Vehicles
•   Hydrogen
•   Liquefied Petroleum Gas
•   Natural Gas

Both Greenpeace and the Administration favoring the building of more nuclear power plants to off-load our dependence on oil.

Legislation has been enacted to fund both nuclear power plant efforts and the FreedomCar initiative (fuel cell technology).

der Brucer

PS There are more folks whose livelihood would be enhanced by new techology than there are oil companies who might lose; and those like Hallibuton and Bechtel have current clout.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2006, 12:56:24 PM »

Amidst the dumbfounded shock and horror, I admit two ugly and cynical thoughts crept into my mind. The first was a fleeting moment of conspiracy paranoia that the Republican Administration was behind this somehow, trying to prop up a flailing and failing presidency with some sort of tragedy.  I quickly dismissed this idea as being too ghastly for even the worst of their bunch.  

There are days I still believe this one!  I put nothing past the current vice president and his men.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2006, 01:01:27 PM »

Thoughts for today from Dave Barry (written five years ago)der Brucer

Thank you, DR Der Brucer!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2006, 01:24:50 PM »

So, I'm flipping through channels looking for an interesting informercial, and I recognize Matt Ashford on NBC - Days of Our Lives. I thought he was fired -- or drove off a cliff or something. What gives?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #82 on: September 11, 2006, 01:29:53 PM »

A quick lunch today so I was able to see one REALLY long movie. First, though, I finished HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS which I had begun last night. An OK filming of a great Broadway show. I wish some of the numbers from the original hadn't been dropped, but at least United Artists did better by its score than they did with FORUM's score.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #83 on: September 11, 2006, 01:33:12 PM »

So, I'm flipping through channels looking for an interesting informercial, and I recognize Matt Ashford on NBC - Days of Our Lives. I thought he was fired -- or drove off a cliff or something. What gives?

DR Dakota Celt explained it earlier, but the long and short is that soaps are filmed many weeks in advance, and though he's no longer employed, the last shows he filmed are still airing. I think she said his last day is the 21st.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2006, 01:33:58 PM »

Thanks, Matt H.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Matt H.

« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2006, 01:34:28 PM »

I next put in ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE. This is probably the Bond movie I've watched the least. I think the middle section really droops in interest and excitement. Still, I hadn't watched it in years and thought it was about time I did so.

Matt H.

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2006, 01:36:06 PM »

I put in a DVD-RAM I made of WILL & GRACE episodes from Season 7. I had already watched three on this disc last week, but before I could actually get the episode started, the doorbell rang, and a friend dropped in for a visit.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2006, 01:36:13 PM »

Back from lunch....veal piccata with steamed/wilted baby spinach and herbed rice.  Most scrumdiddlyuptious!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2006, 01:37:01 PM »

And did I mention my Friday dinner of rack of lamb...i.e, how wonderful it was.

I'm still on Cloud 9 over THAT repast!

:D

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2006, 01:37:46 PM »

I see that the President doesn't speak until 9 p.m. (EDT), so thanks caused some fancy shifting and preemption of tonight's prime time line-up. VANISHED is supposedly starting at 9:10. But I'm not sure exactly when anything else I want to watch is starting.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up