Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH DUDGEON  (Read 24714 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:HIGH DUDGEON
« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2006, 01:39:35 PM »

Hie thee hence, dudgeon!

I haven't the energy for thee!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2006, 01:40:43 PM »

Gadzooks and forsooth:

As thou can see, we've departed page three!

I now thee implore, contribute to page four!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2006, 01:45:16 PM »

Five years ago, I was living with my sister and niece (in the house where I'm living alone...I eventually got my own apartment, my sister built a new house for herself and daughter and I moved back into that house, where I am now living, but not for long).  All I remember is very early in the morning, around 6:30 or so, my sister yelling quite loudly, "OH MY GOD!" over and over.  I very quickly woke up and went out to the living room to see what was going on and she had the TV on.  She filled me in on what had happened up to that point and we just watched the TV until we both had to go to work.  People at work were listening to radios and reading Internet news all day and all week.  Being so far away from New York, things got back to normal fairly quickly.  

My then-boyfriend was terribly affected by everything.  I don't know if it's because he wasn't born here (he's from Pakistan) or if he knew many people who lived there or what, but for more than a year, every time he saw a picture of the WTC, he would tear up and literally feel for the people who lost their lives and for those who lost friends or family.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »

I don't know what he's doing today, but if he's in town (he lives in Seattle and his job takes him out of town every other week), he'll definitely be at some memorial.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #94 on: September 11, 2006, 01:46:17 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - check your garment pockets and the bottoms of drawers.

Shouldn't discussion of checking her drawers be taken off line?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: September 11, 2006, 01:57:42 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ - check your garment pockets and the bottoms of drawers.  I think the necklaces are someplace you have already looked.  Look again.

Since I have looked everywhere, almost, it wouldn't be a stretch to say I've already looked there, lol.  I'm going on a treasure hunt tonight...it just may be the way to get everything unpacked once and for all!

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: September 11, 2006, 02:03:45 PM »

I just had a very contentious hearing where I was going after an ATF agent - you know this one is lying when he moves his lips - anyway I walked out of the federal building and the bagpipes were playing.  I'm sure it was a memorial for September 11, but I couldn't see  the piper anywhere.  It was really interesting to just hear the music echo through the streets as everyone in sight was just going about their business.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: September 11, 2006, 02:05:01 PM »

Dakota,  actually the place I think I may find them is near something flowery....lol, if your esp is on target I'll let you know

DERBRUCER

« Reply #98 on: September 11, 2006, 02:06:47 PM »

I just had a very contentious hearing where I was going after an ATF agent -

Might the "mood of the day" make the jurors more sympathetic to an officer? (Was the agent in a uniform?)

der Brucer

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: September 11, 2006, 02:07:48 PM »

I am very tired and have a headache.  I was not at all looking forward to that hearing, but it is over.  It was one of those making a point hearings, not one where I really stood a chance of winning.  I'd like to leave now, but I'm about the only one here, so that's not going to happen.

Rant for today is that we had one person with stomach flu and another with a serious sinus problem and they both felt obligated to come to work and spread germs.  Of course they are both gone now, but there oughta be a law....

Danise

« Reply #100 on: September 11, 2006, 02:11:05 PM »

Hi folks.  I tried to sign on during my lunch but it is almost impossible to get a signal in our building.

No one even mentioned that it was 9/11 or anything about it which suprised me.  It was on my mind all day and I peeked at the CNN website more then once.

I just remember being at work when the word went around that a plane had hit the WTC.  Not knowing how far the airports were from the city (having never been there at the time) I thought it was an accident.  Then the 2nd plane hit.  

It was a very scary day.  I remember they said whoever wanted to go home could but that there was no reason to believe that anything would happen to us.  I just kept thinking about MacDill AFB--which really isn't that far from where I work as the crow flys.  

I think I've told you all about how we can see Airforce 1 when it lands at the base.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 02:12:29 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #101 on: September 11, 2006, 02:12:22 PM »

I think that Mr. Body was strangled by CillaLiz's necklace, in the Music Conservatory, by Jose.
(We all know everything is Jose's fault!)

der Brucer

PS The necklace is hidden in the Theremin!

Cillaliz

« Reply #102 on: September 11, 2006, 02:13:49 PM »

Might the "mood of the day" make the jurors more sympathetic to an officer? (Was the agent in a uniform?)

der Brucer

No jury.  He was mad at me for not "getting a long and making his job easier" so he told my client that he had a lousy lawyer and other words to that effect trying to make things difficult for the attorney client relationship. (A big no no)  He lied about what he said to me and he lied about what he said to my boss, so I have no reason to believe that he wasn't lying when he denied having any discussion with my client. I won't go into all the evidence that was presented to show the conversation did take place, but I had evidence.  The hearing was about his misconduct. I won't win it, but he knows I will drag him in front of the court any time he tries something like this.  

Law enforcement are not allowed to wear uniforms when they testify in court here.  The judge thinks it unduly adds to their credibility.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #103 on: September 11, 2006, 02:15:54 PM »

Of course they are both gone now, but there oughta be a law....

Well, didn't you take Legislation Drafting 101!

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #104 on: September 11, 2006, 02:21:01 PM »

On the infect your friends and neighbors issue:

An exhortation from the Grandlads Principal:

One area that has been an on-going weakness at SES is our "average daily attendance." Last year we were required to record a 94% "average daily attendance." SES finished the year at 94.3%, a slight increase over 2005 but still very close to our attendance being considered unsatisfactory. We are asking that you help us by sending your child to school every day.

An of course, having reached 94.3%, the Federal Law requires them to improve next year!

Parents - send that sick youngun' to school!

(If I were a school administrator I would apply the tactics I learned in the militrary - keep a close track of attendence, and if there is a chance of going over 94.4, encourage kids to stay home - big improvement only sets the stage for bigger demands.)

der Brucer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2006, 02:29:33 PM »

Off to clean the dining room.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2006, 02:31:08 PM »

I think that Mr. Body was strangled by CillaLiz's necklace, in the Music Conservatory, by Jose.
(We all know everything is Jose's fault!)

der Brucer

PS The necklace is hidden in the Theremin!

Oh der Brucer....get a Clue.... :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2006, 02:33:51 PM »

Rant for today is that we had one person with stomach flu and another with a serious sinus problem and they both felt obligated to come to work and spread germs.  Of course they are both gone now, but there oughta be a law....

I don't know the particular circumstance regulating sick leave where you are, but where I am, we earn 13 sick days a year.

Take more than two, however, and you're on a list of "abusers" (unofficial name of list, of curse).  What precludes many folks from staying home when they're at their most contagious is the requirement many so-called managers impose that you bring a doctor's note if you deign to miss a day of work for being "sick."

That is not a requirement from the County, of course...just little despots here and there who decide what they will or will not allow their employees to decide for themselves.

I suspect many folks come to work ill and very contagious to preclude the needless detour to a doctor (who cannot CURE a cold and cannot make it feel better)...i.e., if you have to get up, get dressed and go somewhere, it's far better to go to work and be an absolute nuisance to everyone else.

Sometimes, you'll be sent hom until you're better.  And then THAT becomes something you decide for yourself without a doctor's note.

:D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: September 11, 2006, 02:35:05 PM »

Oh der Brucer....get a Clue.... :)

He keeps getting distracted by the flash of the candlestick.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #109 on: September 11, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »

Oh, joy....not.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #110 on: September 11, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »

Unless I can find a good infomercial -- like the plastic crown molding, that can completely transform your home in only minutes!

Does Queen Elizabeth II know about this?

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #111 on: September 11, 2006, 02:46:12 PM »

Well, I have exceeded expectations and finished the big project in approximately 4 hours. They thought it would take a couple of days. I knew it wouldn't but I didn't think I would finish quite so soon.

Congrats on finishing your project early!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: September 11, 2006, 02:48:00 PM »

TPunk, your avitar really is wonderful, nice to see your smiling face

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #113 on: September 11, 2006, 02:50:14 PM »

In September of 2001 I was living in Boulder, Colorado. DD was a senior in high school and had gone to early morning choir practice. I went for my morning walk, then turned on the little TV in the kitchen while I made coffee. That's when I saw what was happening.
I stood in that spot watching that little TV, not moving, not sitting down, for probably two hours.
Had to resist the impulse to go to the school - which was minutes from our home - and pick up DD to bring her home. I knew this was totally unnecessary, but logic had nothing to do with what I was feeling.

As mentioned a few days ago, tonight I'm going to see a staged reading of ELEGIES with Malcolm Gets, Liz Callaway, Randy Graff, Amick Byram and Daniel Tatar. The perfect thing to do this evening, as far as I'm concerned.

ELEGIES is the perfect show for tonight, much better than the "news coverage with dramatic headlines" that no doubt will be showing on tv.

Jennifer

« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2006, 02:50:17 PM »

The good thing here (re: the president talking) is that i doubt he will interupt the canadian feeds. So while shows like prison break and vanished are on fox. They are also on global at the same time.

And happily tonight is the season premiere for us at 10pm of the closer.

And the second to last canadian idol.

So how many here will watch survivor (this thurs) and amazing race (next sunday). Thankfully that show is on a canadian station too. Because i think waiting till after 60 minutes (when there is football) could be a huge pain.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2006, 02:53:12 PM »

I'm not here.

Ron Pulliam, the anti-Carlotta!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »

High dudgeon?  I thought the dudgeon was always in the basement.
It's a Rapunzel thing.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2006, 02:59:43 PM »

TPunk, your avitar really is wonderful, nice to see your smiling face

Why thank you.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2006, 03:04:03 PM »

I can remember just waking up and the radio next to the bed was on.  It took me a while to be coherent as to what was going and the extent of the seriousness.  I went to work, and it was the strangest day.  It was tech week for a production of Perosnals that I was MDing and the director at the time was a friend of the company that lived iin NYC.  It was a tough week, but the show went on.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2006, 03:06:46 PM »

Why thank you.

You look like you've just accepted a medal for figure skating.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up