Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SENOR BK'S THURSDAY ADVENTURE  (Read 18421 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:SENOR BK'S THURSDAY ADVENTURE
« Reply #90 on: September 15, 2006, 02:10:45 PM »

Addendum to the Topic of the Day:

In my DVD player at home will be Fermat's Last Tango (when I bring it home with me).  I ordered it and had it sent to my work and the mail clerk just delivered it me!  I originally bought this several years ago, but I lent it to a friend of mine who moved to Virginia and took it with him.  He had loaned me some stuff, so we agreed to just keep what we had!  (I think I got the better deal...shhh, don't tell anyone:  a photocopy of the COMPLETE score to Nick & Nora!!)

Anyway, last week I decided to order me a new copy of the ...Tango DVD and it was a lot cheaper, too.  Originally, I think it was $30 or so, and now the DVD is only $12, including shipping!!

So that's my addendum to the Topic of the Day. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: September 15, 2006, 02:14:47 PM »

Okay now i need to vent.

Sunday is my sister's baby's 1st birthday. And my mom (who used to decorate cakes professionally) is making her cake.

We went and rented the pan on sunday and reserved it for today. They put it in the front and told us we could take it at 10am (today) and have it till 6pm saturday.

So i go at noon to get it. And guess what? They rented it to someone else yesterday.

Okay i was livid. I don't care if someone else wanted it yesterday. But since we reserved it first, they should have told the person they had to have it back by 10am. So inconsiderate.

Anyhow they called the person and the woman said she would bring it back in 1/2 an hour.  But i just don't get why they didn't call us to ask what time we would be picking i up at. Or call us to let us know someone else took it yesterday. And to make it worse, the woman behind the counter was rude about it saying that they are allowed to reserve it the day before someone else has it.

I told her the other woman told us we could have it at 10am. Well she said that was not written on the paper. So basically the other woman could keep it till 9pm tonight if she wanted to.

I will call now and see if it is there. If it is not then someone is gonna get an earful.
Sorry, Jennifer, but your getting "livid" probably put the woman behind the counter on the defensive, and most people don't like being shoved into that kind of position.  Further, as nothing was written down by the first person you were in communication with (and you really should have made sure that somethig had been written down yourself, in as positive and polite a manner as possible), it was not the counter clerk's fault for not knowing of your situation.

I can easily imagine the clerk posting on some board like this, about the rude customer she had to deal with today, who berated her for something that was not her fault.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #92 on: September 15, 2006, 02:48:42 PM »

DUbbing Mel for MAD MAX was beyond absurd. I can understand the Andie McDowell situation.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: September 15, 2006, 02:54:50 PM »

Got that kitchen floor to mop, so I'd better be on my way to do that. Tonight, I'm thinking something Dietrich.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: September 15, 2006, 02:56:55 PM »

...Tonight, I'm thinking something Dietrich...
To watch or to wear???

:o

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2006, 03:20:39 PM »

Back from lunch and LACC.  Have some stuff to catch up on now.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2006, 03:22:32 PM »

DR Elmore, glad your dad did not suffer and broken bones! Sending vibes your way...use as you wish.

If you are going to send the vibes, you had better send the batteries!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2006, 03:26:15 PM »

Friday Media Check:

DVD - AN EVENING WITH MARLENE DIETRICH (last 20 minutes)
          THE FLAME OF NEW ORLEANS
          SPY GAME

I think that was my nickname when I lived in the South!
[/i]
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2006, 03:33:22 PM »

You were called  "Spy Game"?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2006, 03:35:43 PM »

You were called  "Spy Game"?

Better than being called "AN EVENING WITH MARLENE DIETRICH!"

;D

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:36:08 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2006, 03:45:15 PM »

TCB was known as the Marlene Dietrich of New Orleans???

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o[/move]

FJL

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2006, 04:09:08 PM »

Larry, we wish you a big big hit!  What a lovely review.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2006, 04:36:24 PM »

Congratulations, DR Elmore, on the glowing review!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2006, 04:38:30 PM »

ME?  JEALOUS of folks in NYC or who are visiting to see "A CHORUS LINE"?

You betcha!

Tuesday, October 3, 2006, 8pm, 2 on the aisle in the Mezzanine for  DH Richard and me!  
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2006, 04:54:28 PM »

Oh dear... must get to krtizerland.com and catch up with the ordering.  The Sondheim CD are most of my SF peeps.  

Maria

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: September 15, 2006, 05:04:43 PM »

Vibes to Elmore and dad (and congrats on the show).

Congrats on the condo, DR George.

JMK - that's a frightening story - both for you and the dogs. Hope all turned out well.

My day's been frustrating. No details needed - why rehash it? At least there weren't any strange dogs pooping and puking all over my house. Count your blessings, eh?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: September 15, 2006, 05:06:21 PM »

At least there weren't any strange dogs pooping and puking all over my house. Count your blessings, eh?

That IS a mercy!

It's bad enough when they're family!

(CAts, too!)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 05:06:58 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #107 on: September 15, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »

Congrats on the condo, DR George.

Thanks, Maria!

« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 05:08:24 PM by George »

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2006, 05:18:47 PM »

DR George - your sunglasses look like the ones that Glinda and Elphaba wear in the "One Short Day" number in Wicked.

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2006, 05:19:37 PM »

Has anyone been in touch with DantheMan lately. I knew he was not going to post as frequently over the summer but he seems to have disappeared.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2006, 05:21:27 PM »

Of course he spends some time in NJ and that is the birthplace of David Copperfield. (It's his birthday today) so that may be a connection.
James Thurber 1957

Ginny

« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2006, 05:21:56 PM »

Oy, we are tracking my mother's journey home from Seattle.  The flight that, as of her departure last week, was due into Cincinnati at 10:08pm tonight is now delayed in Salt Lake City and not expected until 11:52pm.  Richard and I have decided not to leave for the airport until delta.com tells us that they've left SLC.  Gonna be a l-o-n-g night.

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2006, 05:23:31 PM »

MMM  George and Wicked.  Another connection.

It's good news week with congratulations for DR's Elmore  and George.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: September 15, 2006, 05:29:01 PM »

Tuesday, October 3, 2006, 8pm, 2 on the aisle in the Mezzanine for  DH Richard and me!  

Wednesday, October 4, 2006, 8 pm, 2 in the Orchestra (back a ways) for jhvw and me!

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: September 15, 2006, 05:33:43 PM »

Got my hair cut and bought some good walking shoes today.  Tomorrow I get the car serviced and will visit the Goodwill sale at Younkers for one or two new things to wear on the trip.  You take in clothes to donate to Goodwill and for each item they give you a 20% off coupon on something new.  I don't always use all the coupons, but it's a good time to donate clothes.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: September 15, 2006, 05:36:56 PM »

Hey Jhvw....make sure you have good walking shoes and time to break them in before we go to NYC....we'll be walking a lot so shoes are very important

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: September 15, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I'm getting my NYC haircut tomorrow and have a great pair of walking shoes that I bought there when Richard and I visited in January.  Now you've inspired me to get some new clothes, too.  Actually, I've had my eye on a couple of things in the TravelSmith catalog, so maybe it's time to order!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 05:44:17 PM by Ginny »

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: September 15, 2006, 05:43:50 PM »

Mom's flight is "Now Boarding."

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: September 15, 2006, 06:00:56 PM »

Mom's flight is now "Ready for departure."  Isn't this an exciting way to spend a Friday evening?

George

« Reply #119 on: September 15, 2006, 06:04:41 PM »

DR George - your sunglasses look like the ones that Glinda and Elphaba wear in the "One Short Day" number in Wicked.

They do sort of, and it's really hard to see in the little picture that I have (the glasses are packed away in storage, otherwise I'd take a better picture from a different angle), but the top of the frames actually stick out over each lens to shade each eye more (if that description makes sense ::)).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up