Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SECOND DAY  (Read 21321 times)

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
Re:THE SECOND DAY
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 07:59:47 AM »

I don't watch late night television at all, but I'd watch Conan O'Brien on NBC if I watched anyone

Late night is when I finally get around to watching TV, which is almost always The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. They always make me laugh!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 08:02:53 AM »

In other news...

It looks like I'm all clear to head back up to NYC this weekend for the various festivities - thus my *sigh* earlier - so...  Guess I need to get some e-mails sent out.

"Look on the bright side..."
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »

The widow Hamilton (nee O'Hara) has found that her GRIEF PALES when she partakes of the EAGER FLIPS of the tongue that PERSIFLAGE creates.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 08:09:47 AM »

In other news...

It looks like I'm all clear to head back up to NYC this weekend for the various festivities - thus my *sigh* earlier - so...  Guess I need to get some e-mails sent out.

"Look on the bright side..."

So does that mean you don't have get to wear the dress?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 08:09:52 AM »

Today is my sister's birthday!  We're having dinner at a local restaurant in downtown Olympia called The Urban Onion.  Inside the restaurant, there's a big mural over the kitchen area with the title, The Herb and Onion.  Cute, huh? ;)

You mean this place?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 08:10:40 AM »

And it would have looked so fetching on him!

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 08:15:41 AM »

Re: Dancing With the Stars.

Since i just finally realized what my membername and password are i am voting now (it's open till noon).

Anyhow I was checking out the voting system. And it's not exactly how i remember it.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/dancing/vote.html

I thought that it did not matter what score you got, that you were in a certain place. But apparently it does matter. This means that the most popular performer will never be leaving even if the judges give them 0.

I don't like this format. I thought that it was even, with the judges counting for half and the public counting for half.

But what they wrote online is that if Jerry springer gets 21 (and let's say the judges awarded 220 points last night).  Then he would have 9.5% of the points.

But if he gets 50% of the public vote. He would have 9.5% + 50%.  That would basically mean he would never leave (and i'm expecting he is quite popular, although not that popular).

So that is why someone like willa who is not popular, and who is not the top by the judges can never do well.

Not sure if that made sense to anyone.  I guess it just means that we need to hope the best performers are popular!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 08:32:00 AM »

Well, I can still wear the dress if I want to - it's hanging in my dressing room.  ;)  However, it does not look like I will be wearing it on stage in front of an audience, paying or otherwise, anytime soon.

So...

When exactly are you DRs in NYC next week?

And is Thursday day still a good day for a mini-tour?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 08:33:15 AM »

Late night is when I finally get around to watching TV, which is almost always The Daily Show and The Colbert Report. They always make me laugh!

I like both of those shows enormously. Fortunately, they're repeated at other times so when I want to see them, I can catch them during the day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 08:39:26 AM »

...When exactly are you DRs in NYC next week?

And is Thursday day still a good day for a mini-tour?

Richard and I arrive on Monday around noon and DRs Cillaliz and jhvw late Wednesday afternoon.  I think we're all counting on a Central Park/Upper East Side mini-tour with you on Thursday, if that still works for you!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 08:40:23 AM »

Off to do some reading in the cool of the late morning and then will start preparing lunch.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 08:40:59 AM »

DR Ginny - and any NY-bound DRs -

Did you know that there is a theatre ticket discount program specifically for librarians, teachers and students?  I didn't.  At least until coming across a listing in Time Out magazine last night.  So...

School Theater Discount Program
1560 Broadway (between Sixth and Seventh)
Suite 1113
212-354-4722
Mon-Fri, 11am-4pm
www.schooltix.com
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 08:43:47 AM »

Richard and I arrive on Monday around noon and DRs Cillaliz and jhvw late Wednesday afternoon.  I think we're all counting on a Central Park/Upper East Side mini-tour with you on Thursday, if that still works for you!

OK.  So...

I think I'm gonna head up Wednesday afternoon - or maybe even Tuesday night - and then head back down Thursday night - since I'm flying down to Ft. Lauderdale Friday morning from DCA for the start of my cruise.   I'm sure all of our paths will cross one way or another.

Sounds like a plan to me.

:)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 08:44:53 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 09:01:39 AM »

Well, I need to take care of some phone calls, and get ready for understudy rehearsal this afternoon too... So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »

Back from a brisk two mile walk.  Jose, I'll wait until I hear from you at noon, otherwise I'll walk over there before rehearsal (and after their matinee).

Favorite authors: Many are mentioned in the story The Book Scout - I love Harper Lee, Raymond Chandler, Cornell Woolrich, early Stephen King, John Cheever, John Collier, Kaye Gibbons' Ellen Foster, Agatha Christie, and many others.

I don't think you have to read the trilogy first, necessarily, although it sort of informs everything I do - they're a fast read, if that's what you decide.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006, 09:18:36 AM »

I'm home today.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 09:18:52 AM »

I went home early (2 p.m.) yesterday.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006, 09:19:05 AM »

Sick...sick....yes...sick.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 09:19:20 AM »

Sickie-poo.  That's us.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2006, 09:19:33 AM »

Yes-s-s-s-s, precious.....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2006, 09:25:35 AM »

Had a large cuppa hot tea and shall now wait until someone calls me to do something.

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2006, 09:44:04 AM »

...I don't think you have to read the trilogy first, necessarily, although it sort of informs everything I do - they're a fast read, if that's what you decide.

I read it very fast - too fast, probably - just to get the gist of the references here on HHW.  I've been considering going back and reading the books again at a more leisurely pace.

Some of my favorite authors:  Gail Godwin, Isabel Allende, Susan Vreeland, Adriana Trigiani, Amy Tan, Willa Cather, Dawn Powell.  Since my son was in kindergarten (he's now in year 3 his third year of college), I've shepherded a ladies' book group:

The Joy Luck Club

Check us out!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 09:44:53 AM by Ginny »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2006, 09:53:52 AM »

Watch a good movie, DR RLP....it always helps.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2006, 09:54:49 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR GEORGE's sister.

Lovely day today!  

DRGINNY - Wow!  I would love to be in NYC with you and Donna McKechnie....wow!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2006, 09:56:13 AM »

My question for Aks BK day:

What musical number from a Broadway show that NEVER made it into the film version is MOST missed....and how would you stage it?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2006, 09:56:42 AM »

DRJOSE -  I think I would wear the dress anyway....remember Eve Harrington.  Make it happen!

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2006, 10:03:45 AM »

...DRGINNY - Wow!  I would love to be in NYC with you and Donna McKechnie....wow!

I think DR TPunk's "Ooooh!" last night meant she might be interested in joining me there.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2006, 10:05:25 AM »

Thanks for the information DR Jose on the theatre tickets!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2006, 10:06:29 AM »

Have fun vibes to all the DRs in NYC!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2006, 10:11:03 AM »

Sounds like rehearsal for STARFIGHTER are coming along nicely.

DRELMORE - I HATE dealing with sound technicians.  Suddenly your entire show becomes subservient to these idiots and their headphones...."you can't move there" - "I can't pick that up" - "Mike won't work when you're standing together like that...."  "The mix will never be right with those instruments all playing".... GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8   Go Up