Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LIVE FROM TOWN HALL  (Read 20458 times)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
Re:LIVE FROM TOWN HALL
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2006, 08:46:06 AM »

Good travel vibes and thoughts for Esteemed BK winging his way home now.........

MusicGuy

« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2006, 08:46:51 AM »

DR Elmore -- please copy me on the off-site note about Barry McGuire and HAIR ....enquiring minds you know ... :)

MusicGuy

« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2006, 08:47:31 AM »

oh yickety-yickety.......  I got to start a page again.....but I don't dance well.

MusicGuy

« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2006, 08:48:26 AM »

OK.....I may be the only one to admit it -- but DER BRUCER,  I want to know where the semi-superman picture came from ??
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 08:48:48 AM by MusicGuy »

MusicGuy

« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2006, 08:49:29 AM »

Good Morning DR Edi -- Randy Newman wrote the theme song for "Monk" right?

td

• td
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2006, 09:09:00 AM »

As BK has said, the concert was a delight!  I'm grateful that I got to be a part of it!*  So many wonderful new sngs were sung by Alice, Emily did quite a few show tunes from classic, not-so-classic and possible-classic shows; making for a fine blend of material.  Each gal had their own shining moments.
The after party affair at the Cafe 1 2 3 was also a true treat, Evil Twin and I stayed, and stayed as The Seigels chatted with us, Emily chatted with us (I'll be seeing her again in a few weeks, as she's doing a teaching gig at Carnegie Mellon!), Shannon, Alice's huuby, remembered me from the time chatted in Pittsburgh, Jonathan - today's HHW BIRTHDAY BOY, and Michael Dale from one the Broadway sites on line.  
Janet and I walked Barbara Seigel to her cab, then called it a night.
I was having so much fun that I was oblivious to the come-on that had been heading my way all evening.

*as there was "an incindent" on the subway lines at 28th Street, the trains uptown weren't running, and Janet and I stood on a corner for twenty minutes before a cab could take us!  great driver, a true lifesaver, got us to Town Hall and as we plopped into our seats - - Alice and Emily took to the stage!  Incredible timing!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Michael

« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2006, 09:41:41 AM »

As BK has said, the concert was a delight!  I'm grateful that I got to be a part of it!*  So many wonderful new sngs were sung by Alice, Emily did quite a few show tunes from classic, not-so-classic and possible-classic shows; making for a fine blend of material.  Each gal had their own shining moments.

Can you post the program of songs?
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2006, 10:16:04 AM »

Michael S-I didn’t need a faith healer, just Keith to go with me.   ;D
It was a short walk, but a walk.  I stayed in bed late this morning & feel rested enough to go on my own, except I’m not sure I will have time to walk now.

Company arrives tomorrow and I need to figure out what to cook for someone on a zone diet. ???

Ginny

« Reply #68 on: October 22, 2006, 10:19:16 AM »

...Company arrives tomorrow and I need to figure out what to cook for someone on a zone diet. ???

First, DR Jane, you have to shop for some nice fresh zones... ;)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2006, 10:20:21 AM »

FJL-Happy anniversary to your parents!

Happy birthday Annette!  

Glad Bruce got to the airport on time & td wasn’t late for the concert.  I hate rushing like that.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: October 22, 2006, 10:21:09 AM »

Ginny, if only it were that easy ;D

Ginny

« Reply #71 on: October 22, 2006, 10:28:51 AM »

Ginny, if only it were that easy ;D

Just trying to be helpful.  You've certainly been having a lot of company lately.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2006, 11:07:36 AM »

I love David Copperfield. I even like the cheesey TV version from the '70's.

TNT did a nice adaptation a few years ago that I worked on doing their trailers and promos. Paul Bettany played Steerforth, which to me is always the most interesting character. He was great! I told the producer "This guy is going to be a big star". I'm happy to see he's done so well!
I love the BBC version with Maggie Smith and Daniel Radcliffe. but I'm quite fond of the MGM film as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2006, 11:11:06 AM »

DR Elmore -- please copy me on the off-site note about Barry McGuire and HAIR ....enquiring minds you know ... :)

You'll have to send me your email address.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2006, 11:15:12 AM »

For DR MBarnum!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2006, 11:16:11 AM »

He's beginning to look like my friend Rich Brinkley from MURPHY BROWN!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2006, 11:31:33 AM »

I wouldn't mind hearing the story, also. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2006, 11:33:11 AM »

And now that I've caught up with the posts, I must leave and finish removing EVERYTHING of mine from my old house.  My sister wants it completely empty and then we have to clean it like it's never been cleaned before...because it probably hasn'tb een cleaned that thoroughly in a long time. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2006, 11:44:34 AM »

Another fine fettle of kish....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2006, 11:45:11 AM »

Save the cheerleader...

...save the World!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2006, 11:46:29 AM »

Just trying to be helpful.  You've certainly been having a lot of company lately.

DR Jane is "the hostess with the mostest on the ball!"

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:47:10 AM by Ron Pulliam »

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2006, 11:55:36 AM »

Preparing for the CD release party for Simply Sondheim.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2006, 11:56:09 AM »

Re: "Heroes" and Cillaliz' query about my posting "Save the cheerleader...save the World"...this is a totally intriguing series about people around the world developing extraordinary abilities.  An Indian scientist, mysteriously murdered, proposed a theory that humankind was about to make an evolutionary leap and that people with such powers would begin learning of them/experiencing them/experimenting with them.  

The cheerleader is one character among several -- two of whom can fly, and one of whom can teleport himself in both distance and time.  In previews for the upcoming episode, some of the other characters with powers begin receiving messages that read: "Save the cheerleader...save the world."

One of the characters is a drug-addicted artist who pains apocalyptic visions when he's high.  His paintings are actually of the very characters we've seen, thus far.  One of his paintings is of an apocalypse that this group is apparently being led toward preventing.

re: "Jericho" and MBarnum's query as to whether anyone else watches...YES! I won't miss an episode unless I can't help it.  I haven't experienced any problems with the camerawork, although it's possible it's an effect the producers want to impart because of the nature of what's going on in this little town.  I really like all the characters, thus far.   The lead male character is my favorite!! :)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 11:57:52 AM by Ron Pulliam »

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2006, 12:08:05 PM »

DR MBARNUM - who is Mrs Sparks?

Ms. Diane Jergens

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2006, 12:19:55 PM »

Good Morning DR Edi -- Randy Newman wrote the theme song for "Monk" right?

Right, "It's a Jungle Out There". He didn't write the original theme---this is the current one. I like it better, of course! But there was a lot of protest when they changed themes. It's funny how people grow so attached to them.

I have written and edited a gardening show, "A Gardener's Diary" for HGTV for 15 seasons. Every 5 years or so we'd do a whole new graphic treatment and new musical theme. The pieces were never that great to begin with, they sounded like library music, but still people would write and complain. I think it was because a lot of people leave their TV tuned to that network and would come in when they heard our theme and knew the show was starting.

There's a new Randy Newman piano book out that has the "Monk" theme and other music he's written for film and TV. Michael Roth (you may know of him, he does theatre music in La and NY) did all the piano arrangements and they are very true to Randy's complex playing style, where he manages to condense a whole orchestral arrangment into 10 happy fingers:

http://snipurl.com/103ow

When I went to the "Monk" writer's offices to record Tony Shalhoub as the voice of Sacco, Michael sent me an advance copy of the "Monk" theme which I gave to Tony and the show's creator, Andy Breckman. When I went in Andy's office, I saw that on his wall he already had a framed orchestra part from the scoring session, signed by Randy. They all love him there!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #85 on: October 22, 2006, 12:23:05 PM »

DR Laura, glad to see your daughter here. And her avatar is very cute, too!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #86 on: October 22, 2006, 12:32:51 PM »

I wouldn't mind hearing the story, also. ;)

Well, if Larry's in a "sharing" mood:

GEORDIEMC@AOL.COM would enjoy some dirt!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 12:47:28 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2006, 12:37:40 PM »

Well, if Larry's in a "sharing" mood:

GEORDIEMC@AOL.COM would enhoy some dirt!

der Brucer

Wel, I'm not sending the story till MusicGuy sends me his email address!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2006, 12:47:07 PM »

DR MBranum, here's a photo of Mr McGuire from HAIR!  He's with Diane Keaton and Steve Curry, who married Shelly Plimpton, although Martha Plimpton's father is Keith Carradine, I believe.  Ah, the days of HAIR!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2006, 12:49:16 PM »

And here's Mr McGuire with Hiram Keller who later was in Fellini's SATYRICON and Sally Eaton, who sang "Air."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up