Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: DANCING LADIES AND LEAPING LORDS  (Read 20636 times)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
Re:DANCING LADIES AND LEAPING LORDS
« Reply #150 on: December 23, 2003, 09:46:21 PM »

DR Jason --   Enjoy your visit, eat lots of good stuff, and return safely.  Hugs are sent your way.

DR Tom-Oz --  Now don't think you can go blaming me for the colorful and exotic nature of your email Inbox !!  

DR esteemed and culinary BK --  Have a grand old time cooking and schussing and stirring and plotzing...etc.  We will be with you in spirit tomorrow evening.

Good night all.........

td

• td
« Reply #151 on: December 23, 2003, 10:08:56 PM »

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: December 23, 2003, 10:18:25 PM »

Thanks td, Very cute. Have a wonderful Christmas. (I bought my sister a copy of "AI" for Christmas).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #153 on: December 23, 2003, 10:46:11 PM »

Good evening!

Greetings from Richmond.  The drive back was OK.  It rained the whole time, and there was a lot more traffic than I'm normally used to at that time of day - I guess all the holiday travellers.  There were also a LOT of trucks, semi's and 16-wheelers.  However, the rain did get pretty heavy a few times, and I noticed small "convoys" parked on the side of the highway every now and then.  In any case, I made it home safe and sound, and I'm actually kind of tired, and will most likely be turning in sooner rather than later.

Tonight's show was fun.  There was definitely an air of "we're about to get two days off" in the air.  The show wasn't rushed, but everyone just seemed to be in very good spirits, and the pacing did seem a little quicker tonight.  -Of course, it could have just been the Holiday Spirit.

-And the young man who got stiffed by his Secret Santa yesterday made out pretty well tonight - chocolates, ornaments, temporary tattoos, stuffed animals, etc.   :D

During the post-show curtain speech for the fundraising drive, they introduced one of the administrators from Food & Friends, as well as one of the original "founders" of Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS.  -And I'm pretty sure we broke the $20,000 level with tonight's collection.  Thank you, Arena Stage audiences!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2003, 10:47:34 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: December 23, 2003, 10:51:18 PM »

As for how I'm going to spend my Christmas Eve Day, it looks like I'll be helping Steve, my ex, do his Christmas shopping.  ALL of his Christmas shopping.  He's been so swamped at work, as well as with his work for two of the local choral groups, that he hasn't had any time to get out there and shop.  So... Tomorrow should be interesting... and it will be nice spending some time with him too.  However, he does know that he's mainly doing the "gift card" thing, so that should make things a bit easier.

Of course, we'll see what time I end up waking up...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: December 23, 2003, 10:53:37 PM »

OH! OH! OH!

-That's HO! HO! HO! backwards.

DR Tomovoz - You're package was waiting for me when I got back to my apartment tonight.  Thank you very much!  I love the calendar!  Do I have to pick a favorite month?  -And are there "Footie" matches in August? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #156 on: December 23, 2003, 11:07:31 PM »

DR Jose. Good news. Indeed there are football matches in August. My nephew is Public Relations officer (press liason or something) for one of the major Australian rules teams. It may be able to organise a tour of the change rooms at an suitable (!) time.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2003, 11:14:56 PM »

Saw Jim Sheridan's IN AMERICA tonight. A lovely, moving film.  I highly recommend it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2003, 11:18:46 PM »

I am dicing and slicing and slicing and dicing.  I've never cooked late at night before.

Tomovoz

« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2003, 11:22:06 PM »

Sounds like dance steps to me BK. Square Dancing perhaps.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2003, 11:24:40 PM »

I am dicing and slicing and slicing and dicing.  I've never cooked late at night before.

Welcome to my club, BK!

One of the reasons I like baking at night is that I get to go to bed with the smells of chocolate, cinnamon, almonds, etc. in the air.  Guarantees sweet dreams!
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2003, 11:26:48 PM »

Just read the earlier posts. Thank you to all who congratulated me on the DMV victory.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2003, 11:34:26 PM »

Well, I'm off to Slumber-Land...  Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up