Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: I COULD WRITE A BOOK  (Read 35340 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:I COULD WRITE A BOOK
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 05:54:12 AM »

Hi Edisaurus,

Mom is still with us.  I thought she was going to leave us there.  Her fingers and mouth were turning grey but now they are back to normal color and the nurse said that she could last up to a week like this.

I don't know what to hope for.  I have got to go home at some point and check on the poor dogs.  I haven't been home since Sunday and I have to get  the mail out of the box.  I wasn't planning on being gone this long.

I don't know what to do.

DR Danise, you go on with your life.  Your mother is in good hands and you have other things to care for and errands to run.  Tell her you love her and you'll be back as soon as possible, carry your cell phone, and be ready for any contingency.  You must keep your life in as orderly a fashion as possible because it's going to get more complicated shortly.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 06:08:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: CACHINNATE!
Try as he might, Walter could not CATCH INANE jokes when they popped up in conversation, but he would CACHINNATE loudly whenever his friends started laughing, just for appearances.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 06:10:51 AM »

Good Morning!

Well... Since I start playing final callbacks in 45 minutes...  Down in midtown...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2007, 06:19:37 AM »

Larry is right, Danise.

And remember, when you need people to talk to (and you will), we're here.

Hugs.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2007, 06:27:39 AM »

Skip is getting  a lift to Costco.  Toby and Dylan asked him to buy treats in bulk.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 06:30:24 AM »

If he buys enough of those treats, Skip is going to need a lift just to get them home!

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2007, 06:37:49 AM »

RE: last night's AMERICAN IDOL RESULTS

I am actually starting to wonder if a lot of people are going to react like DR MattH and stop voting. I had just assumed that most fans would transfer their votes to other singers. But perhaps at this point some people are stuck in their ways and do not want to see anyone else win.

I am surprised but a lot of people on the televisionwithoutpity board seem to dislike jordin.

Jennifer

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2007, 06:39:30 AM »

RE: DR Danise's plight about going home/running errands.  I guess there are two ways to look at things.  I would have just had someone else go home and care for the dogs.  But i suppose getting out and getting air is a good thing.

Continued vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2007, 06:40:50 AM »

Continued vibes of strength and comfort for Danise!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2007, 06:41:20 AM »

Congrats to Cilla on getting her office furniture.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2007, 06:43:27 AM »

I read that Matt Ashford will be in Charlotte, NC promoting DECEIT at borders book stores.

http://www.bordersstores.com/events/event_detail.jsp?SEID=158301

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2007, 06:43:36 AM »

RE: last night's LOST

SPOILERS

I really really liked last night's show. From the beginning when jack announced he would kill the Others to the end when Charlie finished his list of the best moments of his life (that last one gave me a tear in my eye).

I disagree with DR MattH. I don't find charlie's situation dire.  Anything can happen. Since a season is only 30=60 days long there is plenty of room for him to stay on.  In fact i really hope he does. Because that moment when he kissed claire was one of the best acting moments he's had.

Now i am curious who those women are at the end holding him?

And will he pull the switch?

And i am very curious to see what happens when the Others arrive at camp.

Ginny

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2007, 07:00:50 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Back at work today to coordinate a special event:

Proposal Writing Basics

Hugs and prayers for DR Danise
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2007, 07:03:57 AM »

Good day to one and all!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2007, 07:09:08 AM »

Good luck and excellent presentation vibes for Ginny!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2007, 07:11:45 AM »

It is exasperating getting used to day time hours for the summer... I even had eight hours of sleep and I still feel tired.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2007, 07:26:58 AM »

Was it Woody Allen who said something to the effect of "I would not want to belong to any group that would have me as a member"?  :)

His character did say it in a film, but he was quoting Groucho Marx.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2007, 07:28:28 AM »

Good luck and excellent presentation vibes for Ginny!!

Thank you, DR DakotaCelt.  I'm not actually doing the presentation myself - we have a guest speaker from Cleveland.  I've just had to publicize the event, assemble the handouts, and make sure the room and AV are set up properly.  Then I get to sit back and enjoy the presentation myself.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2007, 07:28:55 AM »

Good morning!

Another cool, lovely morning, and the day promises to be a bit cooler than yesterday which will suit me fine.

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2007, 07:31:51 AM »

Looking forward to last night's MEDIUM today after lunch out with friends. I understand Sunday's SOPRANOS episode was something to see. I should get to it today.

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: May 17, 2007, 07:32:54 AM »

I have the VENUS DVD sitting here, too, but I likely won't get to it until Friday night. There is such an enormous amount of season finales on television tonight, and I'm too invested in the stories to let them wait too long.

singdaw

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2007, 07:33:12 AM »

TOD: Do you think George would have sold more copies if THIS had been his cover?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #52 on: May 17, 2007, 07:33:47 AM »

I only caught a few American Idols this year.  But it was clear that no one was in the same league as Dolittle. No one could touch her. That she was voted off is ridiculous as are the remaining two...

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: May 17, 2007, 07:33:50 AM »

And, of course, I have BECKET potentially arriving today in the mail. Right now, I have it slated to be my Saturday evening film of choice.

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: May 17, 2007, 07:37:04 AM »

As for my IDOL voting experience, Kelly Clarkson, the first IDOL, is the only singer I've ever supported who won the whole thing. In every successive year, the people I've liked have gotten eliminated either in the final competition (Clay Aiken, Bo Bice) or earlier (Elliott Yamin and this year Melinda Doolittle).

Danise

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2007, 07:37:09 AM »

Hi all.  We are still in waiting mode.

I called a friend who lives around the block from me.  Her husband is going to feed the dogs for me and get the mail out of the mailbox.

I want to send vibes to DR Jane, DH Keith and DD Sherlock.  I'm so caught up in my own sorrows that I forget that others are in need of vibes too.  I will be hoping for the best possible outcome for today.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:00 AM »

TOD:  The Artificial Man, a sci-fi classic by L.P. Davies (made into a lamentable motion picture with Christopher George called Project X, not the Matthew Broderick one).  It was  Scholastic Book Club feature probably around 1969 or so and you could also order a poster of the cover, which I did and had displayed in my bedroom for years.  A man's face was subdivided with differences in each division.  Great book--read it if you haven't.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:27 AM »

^~^~^~^~^~  CONTINUED HUGS AND VIBES AND PRAYERS FOR DR DANISE AND HER MOTHER  ~^~^~^~^~^

Danise, please continue to take care of yourself during this time.

{{{{extra HUGS}}}}
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #58 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:42 AM »

TOD: Do you think George would have sold more copies if THIS had been his cover?

The Rapture has its own press?  Kewl!!  Plenty to read after you've been evacuated.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2007, 07:41:45 AM »

* * * * *  VIBES FOR DR JANE AND KEITH AND ESPECIALLY FOR SHERLOCK  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up