Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: WAXING AND WANING  (Read 43540 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
WAXING AND WANING
« on: July 12, 2007, 12:32:47 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes waxed and waned, and now it is time for you to post until the waxing and waning cows come home.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 12:42:31 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WAXING AND WANING
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:33:41 AM »

And the word of the day is: DEMARCHE!

Cillaliz

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:41:41 AM »

BK, thanks for the birthday greetings.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 12:42:54 AM »

George, I woke up to a very warm bed room....I decided it just wouldn't do and although it's cool outside, the open windows weren't doing squat, so I cranked the air conditioner and it's feeling much better. Maybe I can get some sleep

Adriana Patti

• The best is yet to come!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 12:42:59 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY CILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/move]
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Cillaliz

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 12:43:31 AM »

i have a busy day tomorrow, so I'm going to try to go back to sleep.  Night all

Adriana Patti

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 12:44:44 AM »

THAT is a plethora O' points of exclimation
"If we did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

Adriana Patti

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 12:45:31 AM »

I suppose sleep is what one does at this hour, so I suppose I shall too.
-Thomas Edison

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 12:49:36 AM »

Jose, I've given your name and e-mail address to Michael Cassara - our dates our August 6th and 8th at the moment - I'll be in town from the 5th and leaving either the evening of the 8th or the morning of the 9th.  Will Gypsy still be playing?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 12:56:57 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY CILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/move]

Adriana, I don't know how, but your exclamation points don't show up in your message...somehow you got the "glow=red,2,300" code before the "move=..." code.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:57:45 AM »

Otherwise, a Very Happy Birthday to Cillaliz!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 12:58:22 AM »

And now, I must attempt to sleep.  Good night, everyone. 8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2007, 01:25:51 AM »

No one in the jernt but me - well, me and the twenty-four GUESTS.  Shares available.  C'mon, one person, take a share.

singdaw

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2007, 01:43:41 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR CILLALIZ!!  AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!

singdaw

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 01:44:32 AM »

Thanks very much to DRs Jason, JoseSPiano, and FJL for your Gypsy reports!!  :)

singdaw

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 01:46:15 AM »

Party games...I remember a game called "Spoons", played with a deck of cards and spoons, which was kind of hilarious, but I can't remember how it goes, exactly...

singdaw

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 01:55:58 AM »

bk, last evening does sound truly delightful...glad you had such a good time.

And...here's today's notes in Fudd-speak, courtesy of The Dialectizer:

Weww, deaw weadews, it is qwite wate, and my enewgy is waning, but that shan’t stop me fwom waxing enthusiastic about this day and evening’s nice bits. Yes, you heawd it hewe, deaw weadews, I shaww be waxing even as I’m waning. Evewy time I use the wowd waning I feew wike Ewmew Fudd. I awways thought Ewmew Fudd wouwd make a gweat Henwy Higgins. De wane is Spain stays mainwy on the pwain, uh-hah-hah-hah. Oh, now you see what I’ve done? Now I just want to wwite the entiwe notes in Ewmew Fudd wingo. Don’t wowwy, I won’t, but I’m sowewy tempted. In any case, it is qwite wate and I have a wot to say, and I shaww now wax even as I wane. Yestewday was anothew non-stop day fiwwed wif mewwiment and miwf and waughtew and wegs, as weww as the usuaw few annoyances. I got up eawwy, answewed e-maiws, made tewephonic cawws, had a meeting wif CD wady, and then had to hie mysewf to WACC fow a meeting wif the pwesident of the Foundation, uh-hah-hah-hah. Dat went weww, and then I had to hie mysewf back home, whewe I continued to make tewephonic cawws and answew e-maiws. I then had to hie mysewf to weheawsaw wif Joan Wyan, ouw fiwst staging weheawsaw wif John Bosweww in attendance. We stiww used ouw weheawsaw CD, but we set most of the pattew undewscowe, and we wan aww of act two, which, I must say, wowks weawwy weww, save fow ouw ongoing battwing ovew hew penuwtimate song – I’m not backing down, and she knows it, so she’s just going to have to do it and when she does and finawwy commits to it, it wiww be wike aww the othew songs that we’ve battwed about fow fouw months – they become hew favowites. Hew finaw song (pwiow to hew encowe) was going to be hew owd wawhowse, On A Cweaw Day You Can See Fowevew, but I just hate the awwangement and awmost evewything about it. She’s been tewwing me fow weeks how much hew husband wants hew to sing Anypwace I Hang My Hat Is Home, so I thwew out On A Cweaw Day, and we’we doing Home in its pwace. It wiww wowk much bettew. Aftew weheawsaw, I began the incwedibwy wong dwive to deep Cuwvew City to sup wif Miss Wiz Wawsen and hew evew-wovin’ Saw Viviano. Wathew than bwave the 405, I took Benedict Canyon ovew the hiww, and shockingwy, thewe was absowutewy no twaffic. At Owympic, I cut ovew to Ovewwand, and took that aww the way souf into deep Cuwvew City. De dwive took an houw, but it couwd’ve taken a whowe wot wongew. Funniwy, I had a message fwom Wiz asking whewe I was – she’d misundewstood the time and thought I was going to be thewe at six, not seven, uh-hah-hah-hah. I got thewe wight on time at seven, uh-hah-hah-hah. I had the most dewightfuw time I’ve had in ages. Dey have a cute house (a wewative weft it to them), and I was dewighted to find Mw. Jason Gwaae and his evew-wovin’ in attendance, as was Jason’s new dog, Woy. Wiz had made an assowtment of wondewfuw dishes – pasta wif wed sauce and tuwkey meatbawws, a pasta and vegetabwe sawad (out of this wowwd), gweat chicken sawad, some cheeses, and home made chicken nuggets (awso out of this wowwd). We dined on the patio and the convewsation was wiwd, wacky, and pwetty hiwawious. Evewyone was waxing nostawgic ovew aww the awbums we did back in the day, and how peopwe show up at theiw concewts wif aww those CDs fow them to sign, uh-hah-hah-hah. We aww weawized just how speciaw that whowe time was – uniqwe and wondewfuw, wif a weaw honest to goodness wep gwoup of singews. I hope to someday get back to doing that sowt of awbum – I weawwy and twuwy miss it, and the wikes of these singews. Aftew dinnew, we wetiwed to the wiving woom, whewe the aduwts and Wiz and Saw’s two adowabwe sons pwayed Cewebwity. I was the “timew” so just watched evewyone pway, and it was a wot of fun and the waughtew was wong and woud, not necessawiwy in that owdew. De whowe evening was a dewight, and the Vivianos wewe pewfect hosts. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! And Jason and I awe just so on the same wavewength, humow-wise, that we wewe just howwing wif waughtew the entiwe evening. Aftew that, I came home, but couwd not sit on my couch wike so much fish, since I had to stawt wwiting these hewe notes. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! I stiww have to catch up on the pwethowa of postings. Oh, dat scwewy wabbit! Weww, why don’t we aww cwick on the Unseemwy Button bewow because, as Ewmew Fudd wouwd say, it’s weawwy weawwy wate and I must get my beauty sweep.

Today, I have an eawwy-mowning weheawsaw wif Joan and Bos – we’ww wun the entiwe show fwom stawt to finish without stopping. Aftew that, I must come home and hopefuwwy the Miwwa CDs wiww be hewe and I’ww get those shipped out pwonto. Den I have some wettew wwiting to do, some tewephonic cawws to make, a twip to book, and a whowe wot of whatnot.

Aftew aww that, I’ww then be on my way to Mw. Gwant Geissman’s home enviwonment, whewe I’ww spend a few houws watching as he begins the book design of Muwdew At Howwywood High. I’m weawwy wooking fowwawd to that, I must say.

Tomowwow is yet anothew wacky day – a meeting wif Chawwes Fox, a weheawsaw wif Miss Wyan, and then, hopefuwwy, a smaww dinnew and then the watching of some DVDs.

Now wait just a dawned minute. Wet's put on ouw pointy pawty hats and ouw cowowed tights and pantawoons, wet's bweak out the cheese swices and the ham chunks, wet's dance the Howa and the Monkey, fow today is the actuaw biwthday of ouw vewy own actuaw Ciwwawiz. So, wet's give a big haineshisway.com biwthday cheew to ouw vewy own actuaw Ciwwawiz. On the count of thwee - one, two, thwee: A BIG HAINESHISWAY.COM BIWDDAY CHEEW TO OUW VEWY OWN ACTUAW CIWWAWIZ!!!

Weww, deaw weadews, I must take the day, I must do the things I do, I must, fow exampwe, weheawse, do ewwands and whatnot, and then design a book. Today’s topic of discussion: What awe youw aww-time favowite pawty games – the ones that awe weawwy fun and funny and wacky, and the ones that awe just intewwectuawwy stimuwating? Wet’s have woads of wovewy postings, shaww we, as the waning takes ovew fwom the waxing.

singdaw

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 02:06:26 AM »

From today's New York Times:

In Houston, $225,000 will buy a three-bedroom house with a game room, den, in-ground pool and hot tub.

In Manhattan, it will buy a parking space. No windows, no view. No walls.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 03:28:03 AM »

Happy Birthday, Dear DR Cillaliz!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ginny

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 03:52:31 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Cillaliz!

Isn't today your office-warming party, too?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 04:21:32 AM »

Happy Big B Day To CILLALIZ!!!!!!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 04:25:07 AM »

Just to get it out of the way.
I have necer actually played it. has anyone?

Strip Poker or Stip _____________ (Fill in the blank)
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 04:27:33 AM »

Happy Birthday DR Cillaliz
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 04:28:14 AM »

Happy Thursday Michael and Ben.

Tomorrow is Friday 13th.  I wonder if DR Jrand has advice for us.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 04:29:15 AM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 04:34:21 AM »

Good Morning Tom.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 04:35:08 AM »

Happy Thursday Michael and Ben.

Tomorrow is Friday 13th.  I wonder if DR Jrand has advice for us.

Perhaps you can give us advice how to survive it. You will experience it before we do here in North America
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 04:35:23 AM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 04:39:20 AM »

Happy Day to Cil!!!

Ben

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 04:40:16 AM »

I'm looking forward to Gypsy. I'm gonna have to drag my butt uptown and see what's left at the Ticket Office (We don't sell boxes, we sell tickets - a phrase from my Theatre Management college professor).

Ben

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 04:40:35 AM »

Morning, Tom, Michael and TCB

Tomovoz

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 04:41:11 AM »

Too true Michael. Actually I'm not really superstitious. (But I didn't like people wishing me luck before School exams and I would never give a "baby" gift to an expectant parent).
James Thurber 1957
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15   Go Up