Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: CHERRY RIPE  (Read 34055 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:CHERRY RIPE
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2007, 08:41:01 AM »

In any case...

I did hear my radio/alarm when it went off at 6:30, and I almost did get out of bed, but then...  The next thing I knew, it was 10:45, so...  Ah, well...  I guess I shall have to be Mr. Anti-Social tonight when I get back from my matinee, as I really do have a bunch of things to organize in my room, and pack for my trip down to VA tomorrow morning.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2007, 08:48:06 AM »

PAGE THREE GYPSY DANCE!!!

« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 08:48:32 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2007, 08:49:17 AM »

Well, I should get ready to head in myself...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2007, 08:49:23 AM »

I guess the reviews of GYPSY will be in tomorrow's papers.  Both Brantley and Isherwood were there yesterday, apparently (Brantley at the matinee, Isherwood in the evening).  I assume that means Brantley will review it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2007, 09:08:41 AM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2007, 09:13:17 AM »

I need to leave for the theatre in 25 minutes, and one of my roommates is in the shower. And has been for about 20 minutes already. Color me displeased. (Is that a word? It doesn't look "right.")

Part of me doesn't want to work two shows today. Oh...it's the part of me that wants to go back to bed...

Jason, is that your all-time favorite roommate that is in the shower?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2007, 09:17:23 AM »

Well, I'm out of my shower... I hope that DR Jason's roommate has also come and gone by now.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2007, 09:18:57 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well, since my matinee is not until 3:00, and I don't want to get to the theatre before 2:00, I believe I shall take the next hour here getting things sorted in my room.  Sounds like a plan.  An oft-delayed and oft-put-off plan, but a plan nonetheless.  So...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2007, 09:31:08 AM »

As I told Bk, we've had to sit on this info pending its seeming like it's going to be possible, but Last Starfighter was offered a production slot at NYMF this year - we had been offered a production spot last year, but creative team logistics had been such that we ended up doing a NYMF reading (which co-presented with Seattle's Village Theatre, and which featured a wonderful performance by BK) rather than a NYMF production last year.  It seems that we have until tomorrow to give NYMF the final commitment as to whether we can make it all come together, but a very favorable factor for us is that Last Starfighter wouldn't be starting until Sept. 28th, when Brain from Planet X will be just a day or two before the end of its run.  So we wouldn't be competing with each other, plus the tones of the two shows are so different even though both involve sci-fi and aliens.

Ginny

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2007, 09:33:03 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  How did it get to be after noon already?  Oh, guess I slept late ('til after 9am) and have been very groggy all morning.  Must be due to the Zyrtec that I took right after dinner last night - it really knocked me out.  Or maybe it was the movie DS Rob thought I'd enjoy - Lady in the Water.  Zzzzzzzz!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2007, 09:38:28 AM »

I awoke to an e-mail refunding my paypal payment for Cherry Ripe.  It seems they don't ship those anymore and haven't removed it from their website.  However, I went to eBay and ordered a box from there - same price, and now presumably those will be winging their way to me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2007, 09:39:21 AM »

Edisaurus, haven't forgotten about Dr. T - be patient and you will be happier than if I just send you what I have right now.  Enigmatic me?

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #72 on: July 15, 2007, 09:42:09 AM »

As I told Bk, we've had to sit on this info pending its seeming like it's going to be possible, but Last Starfighter was offered a production slot at NYMF this year

No way! No way!

OK...it looks like I really AM going to miss my friend's wedding and the Rescued Animals benefit in NC. STARFIGHTER is the tipping point!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2007, 09:43:55 AM »

Hello, HHW! Like GINNY, I'm wondering how it got to be past noon.

I was luxuriating in having a Sunday morning to myself--no Marvelous Matt today--when, out of the blue, the urge to be productive overcame my desire to be lazy! Where'd THAT come from?!  I threw on some old jeans and an even older tee-shirt and went out to the garden. I took another pass at the weeding and pruning. Poor, neglected garden! I used to take such good care of it. No more. Too much else on my plate. I AM trying to catch up, though.

As a result, my shoulders are now quite sore and achy. Ugh!

Edisaurus

« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2007, 09:45:20 AM »

Edisaurus, haven't forgotten about Dr. T - be patient and you will be happier than if I just send you what I have right now.  Enigmatic me?

I am bringing Cherry Ripes to NY for you. The bakery even makes a Cherry Ripe slice (pastry). Tomovoz could probably tell us if it's any good. It looks to be the a cousin of what some Aussies call a "snot block".

I officially will cease nagging!   :D Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2007, 09:46:31 AM »

I ordered a little 5,000 Fingers poster for my new editing room. Wall real estate is at a premium there, so I hope I can find a spot for it!

Edisaurus

« Reply #76 on: July 15, 2007, 09:50:09 AM »

Here's a mathematical formula I don't understand...we're moving into a slightly larger house, but will have to get rid of quite a bit of furniture. No room for it! I guess it can go in storage right now.

And no, just because I'm thinking about this stuff doesn't mean we're getting close to moving. But the house is looking good and my mom even approved my paint colors yesterday.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2007, 09:50:42 AM »

Edi, sorry to hear about the lightning-damaged oak tree. I hate to see old trees come down. Too bad it wasn't the developer's condo instead! (Not that I'd wish any harm to those living there.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2007, 09:50:54 AM »

I have a 5000 Fingers official bracelet from the time of release of the film.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 15, 2007, 09:51:06 AM »

Shares available.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: July 15, 2007, 09:51:28 AM »

Will we never get to page four?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2007, 09:53:09 AM »

Congrats to FJL and Skip on LAST STARFIGHTER!  I hope we'll be able to hear some of the play-by-play as you cast and otherwise get ready for the production.

Ginny

« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2007, 09:53:54 AM »

DR FJL - that is fanTAStic news about The Last Starfighter!  Looks like the late Sept-early Oct trip I'm planning for DH Richard and myself will be a NYMF adventure!

Along those lines, have any New Yorkers had any experience with this website?  We are seriously interested in finding an apartment to rent for the week (Sept 29-Oct 7).  Booking online into the hotel which has been such a bargain for us in the past would cost almost $2,400.  That hotel was a good buy when it was under $200/night, but not at more than $300!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2007, 10:01:18 AM »

No way! No way!

OK...it looks like I really AM going to miss my friend's wedding and the Rescued Animals benefit in NC. STARFIGHTER is the tipping point!

DR Edi - see you in NYC!

singdaw

« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2007, 10:03:05 AM »

DR FJL - incredible news!!!  Congratulations.  I can't wait!!!  :)  :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2007, 10:03:29 AM »

Edi, sorry to hear about the lightning-damaged oak tree. I hate to see old trees come down. Too bad it wasn't the developer's condo instead! (Not that I'd wish any harm to those living there.)

Yes, I had a ginormous (a Websters officially sanctioned word) oak tree, one of the largest and oldest in Marietta, 15 feet incurcumference, split by lightning years ago. We discovered that it had been split before and was hollow inside. It split immediately after this happened.

My neighbor's tree is still standing, but I hope they will take it down soon, as it's split right down the middle and the idiot city tree pruners cut back so many branches from the power lines that all of our big oak trees are weighted very heavily towards the houses. One strong wind and his house could be history.

It's weird seeing this huge patch of bark-free tree. It's so clean and beautiful and smooth.  :'(

The condo was without power, too, so no elevator service for them. They had to use the stairs, like us mortals.

Edisaurus

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2007, 10:05:04 AM »

Along those lines, have any New Yorkers had any experience with this website?  We are seriously interested in finding an apartment to rent for the week (Sept 29-Oct 7).  Booking online into the hotel which has been such a bargain for us in the past would cost almost $2,400.  That hotel was a good buy when it was under $200/night, but not at more than $300!

I know! The Edison is really expensive at that time, too. Is that because of the festival or is that normal for this time of year?

singdaw

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2007, 10:05:55 AM »

Somehow, I'm thinking that Cherry Ripe tastes better than Cherry Tripe.

Edisaurus

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2007, 10:06:01 AM »

DR Edi - see you in NYC!

I get to meet Ginny! I get to meet Ginny! And Richard!

And Sing, too!

singdaw

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2007, 10:06:24 AM »

But I could be wrong.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13   Go Up