Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RETURN OF THE UNSEEMLY TRIVIA CONTEST  (Read 20822 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE RETURN OF THE UNSEEMLY TRIVIA CONTEST
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2004, 12:34:53 PM »

The funny thing is for some reason this seller put up all the same items i won yesterday again, and now the girl who was bidding against me is bidding again on these. I just don't get why the seller hasn't responded. I would rather she just sell me the missing charm (which they usually don't mind doing) as opposed to my having to bid again. PLUS DOESN'T SHE WANT HER MONEY. They always send the invoices withing minutes.

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2004, 12:38:59 PM »

Yep MBarnum is the HHW wildguy :)

Man, it is still cold here. It is getting warmer. But the windchill is still bad (like -26C).  I read in the paper today that CAA (automobile club) has had a record number of calls. And on Wed (the day i couldn't stary the car), that was their biggest day, with 10, 900 calls.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2004, 12:48:41 PM »

The coldest weather I have ever been in was -20 degrees, with the wind chill factor.  Echo was still a very active puppy and needed her exercise.  On Fridays I would meet my friends with their dogs in a park.  It took me about half an hour to get dressed.  Since I wear sunglasses, my face was completely covered.  My friends showed up in shifts so Echo and I were out walking, she was running, for about two hours.  The following year the neighbor got an active dog Echo’s age.  On cold winter days we would just take the dogs to each others houses to play and I used the treadmill.

Jane

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2004, 12:49:54 PM »

Jennifer can I go to a link and see this charm you are trying to win?

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2004, 12:50:05 PM »

In a short while, I will be heading to the Mark Taper Forum at the Los Angeles Music Center to catch the matinee of Like Jazz, a new entertainment with music by Cy Coleman, lyrics by Alan and Marilyn Bergman and book by Larry Gelbart.  Gordon Davidson directs and Patricia Birch choreographs.  Amongst the performers are Patti Austin and Lillias White.

I will hang around the Music Center after the performance, as this evening I will be at the Walt Disney Concert Hall to hear the Los Angeles Philharmonic play an all-Berlioz program consisting of:  Les nuits d’été, Le chant des Bretons, Op. 13, No. 5, La mort d'Ophelie and Romeo and Juliet (excerpts.)  Esa-Pekka Salonen will conduct and mezzo-soprano Anne Sofie von Otter will be the vocal soloist.  I will be seated in the choral benches, behind the orchestra, providing me a full frontal view of Mr. Salonen as he conducts.  This should be interesting!

« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 12:51:04 PM by Jay »
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2004, 12:54:22 PM »

Speaking of the ever-gorgeous Van Williams, remember that DICK VAN DYKE SHOW episode where he played Clark Rice ("No Rice at My Wedding" was the title), a very appealing and charismatic army hunk whom Laura was very attracted to. I still have visions of Van's muscular physique about to pop out of that army uniform they had him in.

You know, I have yet to come across that episode of Dick Van Dyke show. Is it on any of the DVD releases?

MBarnum

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2004, 01:00:04 PM »

MBarnum I’m glad you didn’t fall asleep driving home after you painted the town red.  How long a drive is it?  The restaurant sounds fun but was there much to eat for a vegetarian?

No falling asleep for me...I was the designated driver and I did have one or two drinks early in the evening (Vodka and Cranberrie juice) but it was water and coffee after that...and the coffee certainly kept me awake...unfortunately, even after I was home in bed.

Salem is about a 45 to 55 minute drive from Portland.

I did not notice any vegaterian dishes at Mummy's, but I might have overlooked them. The menu was not huge...about 6 or seven choices...and a bit spendy...not a whole lot of food, although I was full afterwards. It was a nice, different experience.

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2004, 01:01:40 PM »

Jennifer can I go to a link and see this charm you are trying to win?

Sure. It's just for Y&R. I will post a pic.

Here is the Rent one I won yesterday.

Michael

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2004, 01:05:10 PM »

valley of the dolls is on oxygen right now. what kistch. what camp. its ready for a musical remake.
Never stop dreaming.

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2004, 01:07:35 PM »

For DR Jane:

Jane

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2004, 01:14:30 PM »

Those are nice.  What does Y & R stand for?   I think I missed something and am embarrassing myself by asking.

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2004, 01:16:05 PM »

DR Jane, sorry, Y&R is The Young & The Restless.  I should have said that before (it is my fav soap).

Btw, I just noticed on the calendar that it is DR Noel's birthday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR NOEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2004, 01:19:25 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR NOEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2004, 01:22:49 PM »

I missed a birthday?  I MUST check the calendar every day.  I know we have one tomorrow.  Well, I must run for the moment but when I get back we'll be havin' us a partay.

I chose most of the music cues for the first and last show - it's one of the things I really love doing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2004, 01:30:04 PM »

Happy Birthday, DRNOEL!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2004, 01:32:27 PM »

OMG, I am having a good laugh.  I always check seller's feedback (on ebay) before buying anything.  Anyhow, I must say I find it extremely odd that the seller has not contacted me (it's been 26hrs+) ... I've sent 2 emails.

So I go to read the seller's feedback.And 98% are raves. But the 6 negatives are killers. The guy (the seller) comments on the comments. And you would not believe what he is saying.  Let's just say he's using words like "jerk, liar" and those were the nice ones :)

I am stunned that anyone would use that language. I get that negative feedback can hurt a seller. But my gosh, he should use his brain. He should take the high road and explain in a dignified manner.

I would pay and just forget about the 3rd charm. But I don't know how much to pay for shipping (since I bought two).  OMG, I hope he doesn't yell at me :)

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2004, 01:33:53 PM »

Here is an example of a negative one:

Buyer:  It has been 2 wks since payment was recieved and still no ebay item.    

Reply by seller: U obviously cant read. Add says 1-3 weeks for delivery. U moron, Unjust FB IDIOT  

:o
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 01:35:59 PM by Jennifer »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2004, 01:55:42 PM »

LOL DRJENNIFER - I got a NEGATIVE feedback as a buyer when I gave a NEUTRAL feedback after waiting 4 weeks to get my item and then not getting it until I had emailed three times!  LOL.....yes if they respond like that to negative feedback - don't buy from them....and give them a  ding at EBAY.COM where you can send comments about sellers.  :D

If I look at something and they have two paragraphs of description and SIX paragraphs of rules, I skip the item.....  If it weren't for buyers, EBAY would be nothing.  Some sellers are a bit ....  well ... nuts!   ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 01:57:20 PM by JRand53 »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2004, 02:00:31 PM »

Oh, my goodness, Jennifer.  I've never seen any reply from a seller like that!  When I buy stuff (I've never sold anything), I never worry about how long something takes to get to me...as long as I eventually get it.

I've never left negative feedback and I hope I never have to.  The couple of times that I've been stiffed, the sellers became "Not a registered user" and I couldn't leave feedback.  Both were items that my niece wanted and the sellers had decent feedback.  One was a couple of pictures of actresses that she liked (only $18) and the other was a complete season of Xena episodes that she paid $130 for--freakin' big ouch! :'(  I don't remember the details, but we couldn't do anything through eBay to get her money back.  I felt really bad about it and paid her half so that she didn't lose the whole $130.  I REALLY hope that that never happens again.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2004, 02:03:25 PM »

Jennifer I’m sure I should know what Y & R is.  I just don’t pay much attention to soaps.

I have never gone on ebay and I think I shall keep it that way.  It sounds like a big hassle.  Plus, the less I see to buy, the less money I spend.

George

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2004, 02:04:06 PM »

Now, back to work...but first:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR READER NOEL!!!

As soon as I get my income tax refund, I'm ordering your Wedding CD!!  I wish I didn't have to wait. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2004, 02:08:00 PM »

George

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2004, 02:08:37 PM »

Okay, now back to work.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2004, 02:28:10 PM »

Well, the Ray Court show today was somewhat lack and luster, certainly a bad time to go hiking the entry price up to fifteen bucks.  Mr. Kimmel and I did not rendezvous till sometime after eleven, because whilst I was roaming the aging stars room awaiting his arrival, he was gamboling in the memorabilia rooms.

As for stars, ho and hum, not much to be seen, though Luciana Paluzzi was still striking and Howard Keel look hale and heart.  The biggest crowd-drawer seemed to be Kate Jackson and Margot Kidder seem to be doing a brisk biz as well, though I'm not sure who the guy in the Superman suit with the gap-toothed grin was and whether he was under the delusion that he resembled Christopher Reeve.  The really scary thing for me was I had no idea who any of the younger "celebrities" were.  

While there were lots of wonderful, over-priced posters and memorabilia goodies (Great huge foreign posters of ELIZABETH & ESSEX and LORNA DOONE, which were beautiful artwork.  A smaller exquisite ADVENTURES OF ROBIN HOOD was going for $17, 000 dollars.  I didn't dare ask the price of the others), it was a lean day for me...just some soundtracks... Rozsa's MOONFLEET; Steiner's ADVENTURES OF DON JUAN & HELEN OF TROY.  Bruce bought some sheet music and some art which I'm sure he will tell you about and an addition to his Li'l Abner collection.  He also had a very underdone hamburger or half of one, before they brought him a new one as he had ordered -- medium well.  Also, while at lunch, he told Frank Gorshin to shut up.  Company was pleasant and fun; but as far as the show, the thrill is gone...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2004, 02:31:58 PM by Charles Pogue »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2004, 02:48:01 PM »

Yes, Baby seemed a little small for Broadway.  It had rounded curtains and a film of sperm and egg was shown on these - hardly the spectacle audiences expected from a Broadway show.

But I've two other theories, and they're controversial.

Abortion is a topic that makes a lot of people sit rigidly and clench their teeth.  It was an even bigger issue on the national political scene 20 years ago than it is today.  Baby had the balls to have one couple consider abortion.  That means that a certain percentage of the audience was going to find the show distasteful.

Homosexuals make up a large section of the musical-attending public, and, at the time Baby opened, La Cage Aux Folles was a big hit you could take your gay uncle to.  I hope it doesn't offend anyone to point out that childbirth is not something many homosexuals have personal first-hand experience with.  Sure, there are many execeptions, but Baby depicted an (blessed) event or three that wasn't easily related to by a segment of the musical-going population.

Plus, the book isn't very good.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2004, 02:48:52 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Noel!   ;D  Hope your day has been special.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2004, 03:11:11 PM »

All right, I'm back from a wild goose chase.  May I just say that there is now not time of the day or the evening that one can get on any freeway in this city and actually go a decent speed.  Who are these idiots and where are they going on a Saturday at two?  It's just incomprehensible.

Now, let us immediately put on our pointy party hats and our colored tights and pantaloons, let us break out the cheese slices and ham chunks, let us dance the hora and the hully gully, because we've got us a birthday to celebrate.   Yes, you heard it here, dear readers, today is dear reader Noel's actual birthday day.  So, let us all give him a big haineshisway.com birthday cheer - on the count of three of the earl of twelve: One, two, three - HAPPY BIRTHDAY NOEL!

Also, rather quietly, we just passed 21,000 posts.  Pretty damned good if you ask me.

Also, where in tarnation IS everyone?  What is this, the weekend?  People think they can cavort and play instead of cavorting and playing right here.  Bitch-slapping will be the order of the day (let me know if you want fries with your bitch-slap).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2004, 03:25:40 PM »

I am watching a Bollywood movie sent to me by that late-night HHW bon vivant MBARNUM - it has wrestling, eyegouging, genies, and a couple of dancing dervishes.....and some priceless subtitles.

"Reciprocate my love or die..."

"Never...."

"You deserve to be kicked.  Turn the wheel!"

Danise

« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2004, 03:38:57 PM »

Good late afternoon/early evening everyone!

I have just finished cleaning up for the most God-awful meal I have ever made.  I got the recipe in my works monthly newsletter and while it sounded good on paper, it was just ghastly.  IMHO. It was called “Rice noodles with Tofu and Bok Choy”.  I’d never had anything with rice noodles or tofu and believe me, I never will again.  Bluck.

My Mom said she liked and ate the whole plateful but I wonder if she really did like it or just said so.  I was all for giving the whole mess to the dogs and going out to get a burger.  They still managed to get the most of it.  There was no point in making leftovers out of it.

[move=diagonal ,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday, Noel!   :)  :)  :) [/move]

I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable in using the smileys from the other board anymore so I'll just have to be creative with what is available on this board from now on.  I don't want to steal.

I'm starting to get excited about going to see JC:SS.  I so love to go see live theater.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2004, 03:41:04 PM »

My goodness, it's a little SLOW around these here parts.

Welcome nine GUESTS - we're havin' a partay - c'mon in, the water's fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up