Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Down

Author Topic: BAFFLED  (Read 32969 times)

FJL

Re:BAFFLED
« Reply #330 on: February 26, 2008, 10:01:24 PM »

Is it page 12 yet?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #331 on: February 26, 2008, 10:45:14 PM »

Back from evening two of auditions.  We saw some really excellent females tonight, but virtually almost no men.  At this point, I don't even know if I have one contender for the male ensemble.  Apparently we're seeing quite a few men for the roles tomorrow, but not sure if any of them are ensemble material - only time will tell.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #332 on: February 26, 2008, 10:45:40 PM »

My take on American Idol:

Top three:

David Archuleta - sang Imagine - clearly the best performance

Luke Menard - a Queen song

David Hernandez - Papa Was a Rolling Stone

Bottom three:

Jason Castro
Jason Yeagar
Danny Noriega (although his fey-boy charm will likely save him)

Safe for now: Michael Johns

der Brucer

Note - most of the contestants seem to be making poor song choices (songs you like may not be good performance numbers)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #333 on: February 26, 2008, 10:46:19 PM »

Driving time to the theater - got on freeway at 3:50 arrived 5:20.  

Driving time home - got on freeway at 9:40 arrived 10:15.  What's wrong with this picture?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #334 on: February 26, 2008, 10:47:19 PM »

Thankfully I was finally able to eject the CD that was stuck in the car player - it got a little scratched coming out, but it seems to be playing fine in the home player.  I'll transfer it into iPod shortly - a wonderful Japanese import CD of Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch singing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #335 on: February 26, 2008, 10:47:36 PM »

Eating some Swedish Fish.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #336 on: February 26, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »

I'm sure JJ will do fine, DerBrucer. I hope he gets a home with a school-age child. :)

Or an elderly couple - he is low-energy for a youngster, and is prime lap material.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #337 on: February 26, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »

Driving time to the theater - got on freeway at 3:50 arrived 5:20.  

Driving time home - got on freeway at 9:40 arrived 10:15.  What's wrong with this picture?

That picture is as should be expected.

The route you take to the theatre is a prime commuter route -regularly log-jammed east-bound from 3-7 daily. (Many LA area workers commute daily to/from Orange county and the Inland Empire.)

The westbound route home is usually clear every evening, save Sunday, after 8 PM.  (The evening traffic is already in LA and the long distance travelers are down for the night.)

der Brucer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #338 on: February 26, 2008, 11:42:14 PM »

I'm afraid that until someone explains to me how one minute you are in bumper to bumper log-jammed traffic and ten seconds later you are doing seventy, and then two minutes later you are in bumper to bumper traffic again, and then thirty seconds later you are zooming along then I shan't believe any of your explanations.

And I simply do not understand how 1000s of people in cars get off work at three.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #339 on: February 26, 2008, 11:42:47 PM »

Welcome fourteen GUESTS.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #340 on: February 26, 2008, 11:47:01 PM »

I'll be curious to know the outcome, DR George.  My similar symptoms are now entering their third week.  I can't take much more of this!

Don't worry...I'll let you know.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2008, 11:54:35 PM »

I'm afraid that until someone explains to me how one minute you are in bumper to bumper log-jammed traffic and ten seconds later you are doing seventy, and then two minutes later you are in bumper to bumper traffic again, and then thirty seconds later you are zooming along then I shan't believe any of your explanations.

Let me try again:

"Something" up ahead has casued traffic to slow/stop; cars pile up. The first car in line resumes speed, the second car waits a momemnt then it too resumes speed, leaving an appropriate gap between cars one and two. The log jam then starts to unwind, a car at a time until it is your turn, the car ahead moves out, you wait a moment, step on the gas and are off and running. They "something" else happens up ahead, a car slows/stops and the accordian cycle of lines of cars coming to a stop, waiting, and then resuming speed repeats.

You don't have to understand the math to accept the reality of its ability to explain the traffic's behavior. I suspect you do not have a firm grasp on aerodynamics, but still accept that the plane will fly!

der Brucer

George

« Reply #342 on: February 26, 2008, 11:57:32 PM »

DR’s George & Singdaw, feel better vibes!

Thanks, Jane!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #343 on: February 26, 2008, 11:59:19 PM »

Thankfully I was finally able to eject the CD that was stuck in the car player - it got a little scratched coming out, but it seems to be playing fine in the home player.  I'll transfer it into iPod shortly - a wonderful Japanese import CD of Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch singing.

Speaking of CDs, I got a package of two CDs in the mail from our very own BK!  Thanks!  I'll listen to them tomorrow at work :D

DERBRUCER

« Reply #344 on: February 27, 2008, 12:13:20 AM »

And I simply do not understand how 1000s of people in cars get off work at three.

Perhaps you don't appreciate the workingmen's schedule.

Hundreds of establishments follow a two or three shift work day that runs 7AM-3PM, 3PM-11PM and 11PM to 7AM - ask any nurse! To avoid these travel times, other business work shifts like 8-4, 9-5, or 10-6. So, in the afternoon hours we generally have four surges of entering traffic at 3,4,5, and 6. The eastbound traffic starts to thin out just about the time the Inland Empire folks start their westerly trek to the dining/entertainment venues of LA.

And come the weekend, there are only 7 basic ways out of the basin: 4 headed east(the 210, 10, 60 and 91;two headed North (the 5 and the 101); and one headed south (the 5). All the others, like the 405 and 605 are just bypass spurs to the main arteries.

der Brucer  

DERBRUCER

« Reply #345 on: February 27, 2008, 12:29:34 AM »

Is it page 12 yet?

Actually, it is Page 12, still!

der Brucer

George

« Reply #346 on: February 27, 2008, 12:31:28 AM »

Well, I need to get to sleep.  Good night, Der Brucer...and any guests. :)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]   Go Up