Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THREE Rs  (Read 24042 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:THE THREE Rs
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2004, 12:01:43 PM »

I guess I am one of the few people who enjoys grocery shopping. I don't like long lines, but I am fairly patient so I just people watch or scan the tabloids.

I use to enjoy grocery shopping, but after years of doing it for a family it became tiresome.  I’m so clever.  When the boys were teenagers, with hungry friends stopping by all the time, I timed my shopping so I could pull up when they were home, honk the horn, & have the big strong boys carry in the heavy groceries.  Now Keith & I go together & he does most of the work.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2004, 12:06:04 PM »

Fascinating DR Panni!

Thanks Mr BK...I can hardly wait....is Benjamin going to play on the CD?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:06:33 PM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2004, 12:08:20 PM »

Oh, and the bread was wrapped & in a nice clean bin.

Thank you Panni.  I did get a bit of sleep this morning.  
When do you plan on publishing your biography?

Thanks Penny.  Yea, poor Echo.  She is beginning to get a bit peeved with me.  For the last two days it has been beautiful & sunny making it more difficult to skip the walks.  Today it is raining so I don’t mind staying in.  What is this about moving, Ashland, L.A. or N.Y?

TCB glad you have returned to the living!!

Jennifer did you watch “Friends” last night? After your experience yesterday I think you would have appreciated it.   :D

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2004, 12:11:58 PM »

For what it's worth... Another interesting memory about Austria. Vienna, to be precise. My mother tried to avoid going to the refugee camps -- which then turned out to be fine. She used up all her money, sold all her jewelry, paying for a cheap hotel. We would go to the same restaurant each day and order the same thing on the menu - the cheapest item - dumplings with egg. It was actually pretty good. Then, if she wasn't making the rounds trying to get us free stuff and political asylum, we'd go to the movies. My mother spoke fluent German, I didn't. So we'd sit there and she'd whisper the dialogue to me in Hungarian.
And I saw this gorgeous blonde doll in a shop window. Each day I'd go and look at it. And somehow she bought it for me. God knows how. This is the first time in my life I've ever wondered how she could afford that doll. This is cheaper than therapy, dear Hainsies and Kimlets.
Now I really must get back to work!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2004, 12:14:22 PM »

Better than television, too!

Now I am thinking of an old song called "Shake Me, I Rattle".....who sang that?  :'(
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:15:21 PM by JRand53 »

Jane

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2004, 12:16:04 PM »

Panni, I’ll say it again.  I love your stories!

DVD player: Round Midnight, Linda Ronstadt with Nelson Riddle & His Orchestra

Panni

« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2004, 12:16:22 PM »

When do you plan on publishing your biography?

I do it in bits and pieces in everything I write (in the lives of other characters, of course). And at ther rate I'm going here, one day I'll just collect all my HHW postings and there will be my autobiography!

Panni

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2004, 12:17:49 PM »

Panni, I’ll say it again.  I love your stories!

Thank you, Jane.

Tomovoz

« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2004, 12:22:21 PM »

I watched "Big Fish" last night. Why did I bother? People liked "Forrest Gump" too. Not my taste in movies at all.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 09:33:33 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2004, 12:25:19 PM »

George, according to OutMusic, R&P are still alive. They got an achievement award from OutMusic in 2003. Here is a link to the Web site.

http://www.outmusic.com/oma2003/honorees.html

I don't think they are currently performing together anymore but the music still exists and it still makes me laugh and think. Don't Use Your Penis For A Brain (woops, there I go again, I said the word Penis, in public - whip me, beat me, call me Helen)

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2004, 12:35:05 PM »

DR WEL: Is The Lion King really that popular still that one cannot get a ticket? I find that very hard to believe, especially in these winter months.

I guess the client can do whatever she wants. But I still think she or the secretary could find tickets if they wait closer to the date.

And if she insists on paying the higher price, I would buy the tickets through broadway cares, so at least the charity gets the money and not the broker.

Tomovoz

« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2004, 12:39:20 PM »

JRand - "Marion Worth" and I - think there was C & W singer also. (Cristy Lane?)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2004, 12:39:26 PM »

Jennifer did you watch “Friends” last night? After your experience yesterday I think you would have appreciated it.   :D

Yes, I did watch Friends.  It's one time I am happy for Canadian tv (our Global channel showed Friends at 7:20pm followed by Survivor at 8pm and the  Apprentice at 9pm).

DR Jane: I'm trying to figure out what you're referring to. What happened to me yesterday?

Btw, I laughed so hard during Friends. I cannot ever remember laughing so hard during an episode.  When Monica and Ross realized they had kissed each other (years ago) I was nearly splitting a gut. It was so funny.

Ben

« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2004, 12:44:19 PM »

Jennifer, you looked at the SilverDaddies Web site yesterday  ;)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:44:47 PM by Ben »

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2004, 12:45:27 PM »

And my neighbor (the mean one, not the nice one who used his snowblower on my drive-way) ... will hopefully get his due today.

This is the one who uses his snow tractor at midnight and piles heaps of snow on the side of the street (right beside my drive-way).  This time he went too far. He has put so much snow, that it blocks 1/3 of the street. I was so stunned I almost called city hall to complain. But luckily it is snowing again today. So ALL of that snow should get pushed back in front of his drive-way today.

Some people are so stupid. I mean why would he push the snow to the left of his drive-way, when he knows that it will all be pushed back? He should put it on the right :)

Also, how can anyone be so insensitive to everyone around him?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2004, 12:53:39 PM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2004, 12:48:24 PM »

Jennifer, you looked at the SilverDaddies Web site yesterday  ;)

Oh right. Just when I had forgotten :)

I thought the Danny Devito striptease was funny. Although he didn't take off any of HIS clothes.

Nobody wants to talk Survivor or Apprentice today?

Tomovoz

« Reply #76 on: February 06, 2004, 12:54:03 PM »

I am about to unplug HAL.  Hope to return later. Time for more RAM or whatever ewe call it. "Daisy Daisy".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: February 06, 2004, 12:55:47 PM »

Btw anyone in NYC who want to see a production of The Wild Party (Lippa's version), will get their chance next month.  Fordham University (in the bronx) will be putting on the show March 3-7.  I should have more details soon.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #78 on: February 06, 2004, 12:57:17 PM »

Hello, All.  

I'm delurking for a moment just to destroy all the Joy and Levity hereabouts with some much needed Doom and Gloom. (Oh, a Finian's Rainbow reference!)

Our Wednesday court appearance for the Unpleasant Business was to be the absolutely last court appearance and the final legal decision, for better or for worse.  Well, of course, that has been put off till next Wednesday, which will the the absolutely last court appearance and the final legal decision, for better or for worse.   Definitely.

The reason for this appears to be the following:  while Judge Dread is entirely deaf to any appeal to fine points of the law, justice, justification, or simple humanity, it has been intimated to him (by me, in a formal letter to the court), that while all of these things may be important, a harsh decision--like throwing a handicapped individual suffering from a possibly life-threatening disease into the hoosgow for a somewhat minor offense--may be damaging to his Dishonor's carreer on the bench.  Not that this was actually stated, but it wasn't too hard to read between the lines.  

Justice?  Humanity?  Rule of law?  Not important.  Self-interest, however, seems to be a great motivating factor for those sworn to render impartial decisions.

And all your vibes in the past week were certainly an important factor in producing this latest nail-biting delay.

This concludes our Doom and Gloom.

You may now return to Joy and Levity.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #79 on: February 06, 2004, 12:59:49 PM »

Jennifer,

Can you imagine the uproar if Danny DeVito had bared his right breast on the Superbowl Halftime Show?
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

Jane

« Reply #80 on: February 06, 2004, 01:01:04 PM »

Ben thanks for answering Jennifer’s question for me.  LOL-

Jennifer guess you weren’t as scared from the experience as you expected.  

Keith and I really laughed during the Friends episode.  The ending was hysterical.  After the show I explained SilverDaddies to him.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: February 06, 2004, 01:08:44 PM »

Ben thanks for answering Jennifer’s question for me.  LOL-

Jennifer guess you weren’t as scared from the experience as you expected.  

Keith and I really laughed during the Friends episode.  The ending was hysterical.  After the show I explained SilverDaddies to him.

I guess if Danny Devito had stripped down, I might have remembered quicker :)

The ending was funny. I really cannot remember laughing that hard.  It was funny seeing Ross/Chandler/Rachel/Monica doing a flashback to when they were 18ish.  Chandler's big hair was so bad.  The only one who I think looked about right was Jennifer Aniston.

Anyhow between Joey's appearance on Pyramid. And them all figuring out that Ross' first kiss with Rachel was really a kiss with his sister monica ... well it was just too funny.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: February 06, 2004, 01:15:04 PM »

But Rachael was pre-nose job.  She still looked good.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: February 06, 2004, 01:15:57 PM »

I keep sneezing & Keith wants the computer so bye for now.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2004, 01:20:53 PM »

I feel for you, DR TCB. The sickest I've ever been was after contracting food poisoning from some bad ground beef. I didn't feel back to normal for at least five days, and it might have been longer. Thankfully, I was on summer vacation, for I don't believe I could have stood before a class and taught. It really knocked me off my feet.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2004, 01:22:32 PM »

I guess if Danny Devito had stripped down, I might have remembered quicker :)

The ending was funny. I really cannot remember laughing that hard.  It was funny seeing Ross/Chandler/Rachel/Monica doing a flashback to when they were 18ish.  Chandler's big hair was so bad.  The only one who I think looked about right was Jennifer Aniston.

Anyhow between Joey's appearance on Pyramid. And them all figuring out that Ross' first kiss with Rachel was really a kiss with his sister monica ... well it was just too funny.

Speaking of Friends, several of us over the last month or so have complained about the overly dramatic, countdown to the final Friends' episodes promos that NBC has been beating us over the head with.  Now, apparently, NBC is so thrilled with the response they have been getting to those commericals, that they have started using the same countdown commercials for Frasier and, of all shows, ED.  Let's hope that it doesn't spread to Good Morning, Miami.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2004, 01:27:06 PM »

TOMOVOZ....yup Christy Lane.....

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2004, 01:32:18 PM »

DR JRand, my package did arrive today, and I look forward to watching at the earliest possible opportunity and posting a full report here.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: February 06, 2004, 01:43:28 PM »

DR JRand, my package did arrive today, and I look forward to watching at the earliest possible opportunity and posting a full report here.

Is it SilverDaddies - The Video?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

William E. Lurie

« Reply #89 on: February 06, 2004, 01:44:03 PM »

Jennifer... Remember she wants tickets for a Saturday night.  That's the one night of the week where even the older hits still sell out.  Most discount deals are not good on Saturday nights, and the selection at TKTS is usually much smaller than on another night.  The Broadway Cares is a good idea and I'll suggest it to my boss Monday (needless to say HE leaves early on a weekend.)

Tomovoz --- When I saw FORREST GUMP for about the first half-hour I thought "what a great movie".  However it was all downhill from there.  There was a good ninety minute film hiding in a bloated 150 minute film and the plot just kept getting more and more bizzare as it wore on.  If life's a box of chocolates, I'll take the small size.  Less is usually more.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up