Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLLED  (Read 34718 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:FOR WHOM THE BELLS TOLLED
« Reply #90 on: April 15, 2008, 08:48:43 AM »

At the risk of increasing his grumpiness, I'm wondering aloud (in print) if DR Elmore3003 has ever explored the benefits of a chiropractor or acupuncture for those pesky back ailments.

(Ducking for cover, just in case)

I've done both, but I haven't considered it since 1999 when the problem was too neurologic to be solved by either method and surgery was required. And six weeks of physical therapy and hand therapy because of the damage.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 08:49:57 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #91 on: April 15, 2008, 09:13:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: ENDOGAMY!
When Motel and Tzeitel arrived at the park to get married, they found a gathering of old men playing chess at the exact spot where the ceremony was to take place.  Not wanting to be rude, they respected their elders and waited until the final ENDOGAMY.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2008, 09:16:18 AM »

Bells are tolling and no one is posting....
Der Brucer would have posted, but he was working on our taxes (which, according to tradition, could not even be looked at until the stroke of midnight).

He's also fun when it comes to shopping for Christmas.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #93 on: April 15, 2008, 09:18:14 AM »

After going over yesterday's posts, I still have the mental image of Sherlock and Keith, both with their heads in Jane's lap, both drooling.

A strange mental image, to say the least!   :o

;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2008, 09:19:19 AM »

And, re yesterday's game, nobody outed Michaelangelo Signorile.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2008, 09:20:35 AM »

(((((Elmore))))) I hope you feel better soon!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2008, 09:22:35 AM »

Why look, it's DR JoseSPiano's close and personal friend! :D

Well, he starts tonight, and, from what I understand, it should be quite an exciting - maybe even unpredictable - evening in theatre.  It will be interesting to see how some of the die-hard ACL fans - myself included -  react to his performance.  I think I'm seeing it on Thursday night, so, I should be able to gauge it for myself.

*And, yes, I know that last sentence is rife with/for euphemism.  Just rife!
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2008, 09:23:11 AM »

And at McDonald's buy one Big Mac or 1/4 Pounder and get a second one for 1 cent!!

Now that's fine dining!!!!

McDonald's is evil.

Evil!

Evil!!

[size=20]EVIL!!![/size]

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2008, 09:23:34 AM »

Watching Jose running toward the men's room with that Larry Craig gleam in his eye.    :o ;D

How DARE you equate with me with a lowly politician!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2008, 09:24:58 AM »

Ouch.  Not something I think our DR Jose would contemplate, actually.

Thank you, DR Ron Pulliam for your support and consideration.  Now, as for his dressing room..
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: April 15, 2008, 09:25:41 AM »

Just another pathetic attempt at humor.

Yep, "pathetic" is a good word.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #101 on: April 15, 2008, 09:26:51 AM »

How about, "Inviting Mario on a run to the Reservoir"?  I think our Jose would be quite direct in his intentions.

Honey, if I was interested in Mario Lopez in that way, the Reservoir would be the last place on my mind.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2008, 09:27:42 AM »

...TOD: Cincinnati's Maisonette. a wonderful French restaurant, which was the source for lunch on one of the Miami University Theatre costume crew's shopping treks around 1968.  I think there were about six of us and the theatre's costumer. I remember that the gentlemen were reminded to bring a coat and tie, that the luncheon was absolutely glorious, and that I have no idea of anything but fruits de mer for an appetizer.
I'm glad somebody knows of a good place to eat in Cincinnati.  Der Brucer and I visited the city several years back, for a political gathering, and not once did we have a decent meal while we were there.  We even (somehow) managed to get a vastly inferior version of five-way chili.   :P

{{{{{{{{Elmore!!!}}}}}}}}

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: April 15, 2008, 09:31:39 AM »

Der Brucer would have posted, but he was working on our taxes (which, according to tradition, could not even be looked at until the stroke of midnight).

He's also fun when it comes to shopping for Christmas.

I'm the same way when it comes to my taxes and Christmas shopping.  I actually have all the paperwork organized, and have done the initial computations, I just won't fill out the forms until sometime later this afternoon.  Thankfully, my 1099 income last year was greatly out-balanced by my W-2 income, so I'm basically breaking even.  -And then I can drop off my return in the mail on the way to Carnegie Hall this afternoon.

-Yes, the IRS forms can get quite thorny, but since I don't have any "questionable" expenses, filling out the forms has always been easy for me.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: April 15, 2008, 09:40:22 AM »

I'm glad somebody knows of a good place to eat in Cincinnati.  Der Brucer and I visited the city several years back, for a political gathering, and not once did we have a decent meal while we were there.  We even (somehow) managed to get a vastly inferior version of five-way chili.   :P

{{{{{{{{Elmore!!!}}}}}}}}

Alas, DR SWW, I hated to break this to DR Elmore, but the Maisonette closed not long ago.

Among our favorite places to eat in Cincinnati are the Montgomery Inn, The Grand Finale, and, of course, Graeter's.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2008, 09:44:56 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It seems the band situation is definitely not going to work out and so I now have to decide how I feel about it.  I know how David Wechter feels about it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2008, 09:45:59 AM »

I'm the same way when it comes to my taxes and Christmas shopping.  I actually have all the paperwork organized, and have done the initial computations, I just won't fill out the forms until sometime later this afternoon.  

For Christmas, I cannot even "contemplate" my trip home without EVERYthing having been bought/wrapped/shipped beforehand.  I already have much of my Christmas 2008 shopping done already!

As for taxes, I put things in a special place as soon as I get them.  And then I procrastinate until the first Sunday in April, which is when I determine whether I guesstimated correctly all year.

I was surprised this year with my smallest amount being owed to the fed, and by getting money back from the state.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: April 15, 2008, 09:47:02 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  It seems the band situation is definitely not going to work out and so I now have to decide how I feel about it.  I know how David Wechter feels about it.

The question on my mind, I guess, is are you contemplating pulling out?  Or is that even a possibility?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 09:48:14 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

« Reply #108 on: April 15, 2008, 09:49:48 AM »

I put things in a special place

I'll bet you do!    8)

When I'm feeling "blue," I go to my special place.     ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2008, 09:51:23 AM »

Everything is a possibility at this point.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #110 on: April 15, 2008, 09:52:36 AM »

As second-choice as it is, have you considered a pre-record for the instrumental tracks?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #111 on: April 15, 2008, 09:53:27 AM »

TOD

On the weekend that Dad took us all to see the roadshows of Sound of Music and Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines of How I Flew From London to Paris in 25 Hours 11 Minutes, our dinner on the first night was at a wonderful Japanese restaurant in the Hollywood Hills.  Yes, we all had to take our shoes off.  Yes, we sat at very low tables on pillows on mats.  And we had sukiyaki.  It was delish.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #112 on: April 15, 2008, 09:53:32 AM »

We did this with "Cinderella" here due to budget constraints (they barely had enough money to pay me), and it worked splendidly.  In fact one reviewer took us to task for not crediting the "offstage orchestra."  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

singdaw

« Reply #113 on: April 15, 2008, 09:56:46 AM »

All options are on the table, so to speak.

singdaw

« Reply #114 on: April 15, 2008, 09:59:42 AM »

singdaw

« Reply #115 on: April 15, 2008, 10:00:23 AM »

Well, Tony Perkins was the prettiest girl in school!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #116 on: April 15, 2008, 10:02:23 AM »

TOD Too:

Every summer, during Dad's forced vacation, he would cheat and take up north, towards Beale Air Force Base.  More specifically, we would usually go camping near Marysville for a few days during his vacation, so that he could check on how the test pilots were doing.  Either that, or (if he was feeling rich) we would get to stay at a motel in the area.

The upside was that, at least once during those few days, we would all go to this marvelous Basque restaurant, and we would have marvelous Basque food.

All I can really remember is the soup, the sort that the chef would keep building in a pot on the stove every night.  It was thick and rich and exactly right.

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2008, 10:03:02 AM »

I forgot to add BOSTON LEGAL on my list of tv viewings for tonight.

Btw, re: BIG BROTHER and them being so far behind. I don't watch the live feeds. I just read http://www.hamsterwatch.com everyday.

Jennifer

« Reply #118 on: April 15, 2008, 10:10:32 AM »

Is anyone here watching DANCING WITH THE STARS?

I will be curious to see who goes tonight.   I would be fine with priscilla presley leaving.

I have 2 favs: kristi and marissa.

I think kristi is just incredible. Every dance she has done has been beautiful. But i did not really know her personality before. I think she seems absolutely lovely.

I think marissa has it harder than the other women because she is so short and her legs seem very short (and quite thick). But she has such energy. And i love watching her. I really hope that she does not go.

singdaw

« Reply #119 on: April 15, 2008, 10:10:43 AM »

TOD:  While it was certainly not "elegant" or "fine dining," the earliest eating out experience that I can remember is Farrell's Ice Cream Parlour in Palos Verdes [CA].  I was perhaps 5 or 6, and remember being simply overwhelmed by all the ice cream choices.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up