Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: MERCURY IS OUT OF RETROGRADE  (Read 131129 times)

singdaw

Re: MERCURY IS OUT OF RETROGRADE
« Reply #210 on: October 15, 2008, 01:51:28 PM »

someone who was Aussie and travelling at the same time.

On a good day, I can rub my stomach and pat my head at the same time. 

Or walk and chew gum.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #211 on: October 15, 2008, 01:55:22 PM »

Or walk and chew gum.

If you want to bump it, bump it with a trumpet!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:10:12 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2008, 01:56:11 PM »

The pool man did arrive and was shocked the water was still green - he said he'd do whatever was necessary - he was going to completely clean out the entire filtering and pump system and then use chemicals and whatnot to get it looking the way it should.  I left to do banking and other errands (including getting Miss Susan Egan a music chart she needs), and now I am back.  I stopped at Gelson's to get some more water, and I was going to get something to eat, but I'm so tired of having stuff from there, that I passed and will get something a little later from somewhere more interesting.  I did buy a little thing of small coconut macaroons because I was taken aback and also afront at how calorie-friendly they are, and fat gram friendly, too.  Each macaroon is eighty calories and two grams of fat.  I'll have two for dessert later and that will be plenty and take care of my sweet tooth.

IF 80 calories is doable for a treat, you can buy those pre-made Jell-o Puddings and a can of Cool Whip (there IS a low-cal version) and combining a dollop of Cool Whip on the pudding is about 80 calories.

If you buy Jell-O, a one-cup serving with Cool Whip is about 40 calories...so you can have TWO, count 'em 2!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »

Or walk and chew gum.

Hmmmm....I've walked with you on what seemed like a "good day", and I wouldn't put any money on that last one.

;)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 02:00:17 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »

Another lie being told is that churches would be liable for lawsuits for hate crimes (!!!) and would start being taxed for not accepting gay marriages.  Well, GEE....they aren't taxed if they refuse to marry divorcees.  Catholics aren't taxed for excommunicating folks.  Mormons and Quakers and Amish aren't taxed for shunning.  Why would a church's beliefs about gay marriage be the backbreaker????

STUPID LIES.
DR Ron, we saw something on the news about churches having to close if 8 passed. ???  Maybe this is what they were talking about. ::) 

The legality of marriage and this proposition have no impact whatever on churches.  Churches don't have to marry anyone they don't wish to marry or approve of.  It's all propaganda intended to mislead and misrepresent what is really nothing more than "equal" rights for all in regards to legal unions.  Since one can legally marry in a government office, sans religious officiation, the entire argument is moot.

It is difficult to imagine anyone believing this stuff, which is why we shook our heads and sped through the commercial.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #215 on: October 15, 2008, 02:06:08 PM »

Or walk and chew gum.

Yeah, but can you sustain a  B-Flat?

der Brucer

Jane

« Reply #216 on: October 15, 2008, 02:06:21 PM »

... to eat outdoors under the canopy... 

Left by forgetful thoughtful Jewish newlyweds?

der Brucer

Not that kind of canopy, DR der Brucer!  Here's the venue:

Polen Farm

We were on the patio.

Nice Ginny.

Ben

« Reply #217 on: October 15, 2008, 02:09:25 PM »

I'm seeing Billy Elliot next Tuesday. The exchange was fairly painless. I could have seen it tonight if I paid $81.50 or $126.50 (they were out of rear mezz tickets) but I stuck with my budget and exchanged for $41.50, the original price.

No word on the show tonight but I'm sure Fred and Skip will be seeing it.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #218 on: October 15, 2008, 02:10:39 PM »

I began my afternoon watching last night's NCIS episode. Christian Campbell was a guest star on the show, and Ralph Waite played Mark Harmon's father. Good episode, but the murderer was easy to spot.

Interesting...Christian Campbell was just on last Friday's "Ghost Whisperer."  All of a sudden, he's getting around.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #219 on: October 15, 2008, 02:11:57 PM »

I’m watching two major propositions in California. I’m hoping Propositions 8 fails & 2 passes. 

Prop 2 will end the practice of cramming farm animals into cages and crates so small the animals can’t even turn around, lie down, or extend their limbs. 

Ginny

« Reply #220 on: October 15, 2008, 02:13:04 PM »

... to eat outdoors under the canopy... 

Left by forgetful thoughtful Jewish newlyweds?

der Brucer

Not that kind of canopy, DR der Brucer!  Here's the venue:

Polen Farm

We were on the patio.

Nice Ginny.

Polen Farm is very nice, DR Jane.  The board of this organization has their annual retreat there around the holidays and the house is beautifully decorated.  Rumor has it, though, that the house is also haunted, so no one wants to be the last one out!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #221 on: October 15, 2008, 02:14:30 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I napped well, and I'm feeling better.  And I'm going to attempt to head out momentarily to meet some friends for dinner.

My mom is still doing fine.  She's been quite nap-py this afternoon too according to her nurse.  At this point, it looks like I won't be able to see her until tomorrow morning due to the very restricted visiting hours in the CSICU.  Which is OK, since I also want to make sure I'm back to full health before I step foot back in the unit - since there are other people in there besides my mother.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #222 on: October 15, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »

Ask BK

Shows like the CSI series use extensive clips of The Who's material as theme music (credited). In normal practice, would they have received a lump-sum payment for use, or do they have a residual piece of the action for each broadcast and DVD sale?

der Brucer

I remember a show (I forget which) that a co-worker of mine used to tape every episode (on videotape), and when the DVD seasons came out, one particular episode was missing!  It wasn't in the set, but she had it on videotape.  It turns out that a song by Sting was used throughout the episode, and (if I remember correctly) is even referenced in the script, so it was a major plot point.  HOWEVER, when the DVDs were being prepared for release, they couldn't get the DVD rights to the song.  They, of course, wanted to release the season, so they just left off that one episode.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #223 on: October 15, 2008, 02:15:31 PM »

OK... Time to refresh myself and venture out.  I hope.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #224 on: October 15, 2008, 02:26:02 PM »

DR Jose I hope you don't need to wear a mask & surgical gown to visit your DM.  I'm very pleased to hear she is doing so well.  Continued vibes!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #225 on: October 15, 2008, 02:28:30 PM »

Ask BK

Shows like the CSI series use extensive clips of The Who's material as theme music (credited). In normal practice, would they have received a lump-sum payment for use, or do they have a residual piece of the action for each broadcast and DVD sale?

der Brucer

I remember a show (I forget which) that a co-worker of mine used to tape every episode (on videotape), and when the DVD seasons came out, one particular episode was missing!  It wasn't in the set, but she had it on videotape.  It turns out that a song by Sting was used throughout the episode, and (if I remember correctly) is even referenced in the script, so it was a major plot point.  HOWEVER, when the DVDs were being prepared for release, they couldn't get the DVD rights to the song.  They, of course, wanted to release the season, so they just left off that one episode.

DH Jed was quite annoyed when he bought the DVD set of Quantum Leap, only to discover that they didn't want to shell out the $$ for a lot of the song rights, so unless one of the characters like Scott Bakula was actually singing the song, or it was referenced in the script, it was replaced with elevator music.  Lame. 

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #226 on: October 15, 2008, 02:30:08 PM »

I began my afternoon watching last night's NCIS episode. Christian Campbell was a guest star on the show, and Ralph Waite played Mark Harmon's father. Good episode, but the murderer was easy to spot.

Interesting...Christian Campbell was just on last Friday's "Ghost Whisperer."  All of a sudden, he's getting around.

;)

I was quite surprised to see him so soon on another CBS drama!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #227 on: October 15, 2008, 02:31:14 PM »

I still have some writing to do, so I'm going to take care of that and then head down for an evening of fun viewing.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #228 on: October 15, 2008, 02:41:45 PM »

DRs Ginny & George, or anyone....Do your libraries have websites to search for books or do you have to go in person or call?

Jane

« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2008, 02:43:04 PM »

Ask BK

der Brucer

DH Jed was quite annoyed when he bought the DVD set of Quantum Leap, only to discover that they didn't want to shell out the $$ for a lot of the song rights, so unless one of the characters like Scott Bakula was actually singing the song, or it was referenced in the script, it was replaced with elevator music.  Lame. 

How annoying!  Do they sell the music separately?  I believe DS Craig has the complete set of music to THE WONDER YEARS.

Jane

« Reply #230 on: October 15, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »

This is our local library.  It is an original Carnegie library, with a fairly new addition on the left.  You can't really see the addition in this photo, just the lights to it.

FJL

« Reply #231 on: October 15, 2008, 02:50:16 PM »

It turns out that Skip will be seeing BILLY ELLIOT tonight, assuming no set problems, but I will see it another time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2008, 02:51:29 PM »

Ask BK

der Brucer

Normally for a series, if they're using the same music multiple episodes they'll do one licensing and mechanical deal to cover the season - or so I should think.  There might be extra required for DVD release, but it would be minimal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2008, 02:53:08 PM »

The pool man did arrive and was shocked the water was still green - he said he'd do whatever was necessary - he was going to completely clean out the entire filtering and pump system and then use chemicals and whatnot to get it looking the way it should.  I left to do banking and other errands (including getting Miss Susan Egan a music chart she needs), and now I am back.  I stopped at Gelson's to get some more water, and I was going to get something to eat, but I'm so tired of having stuff from there, that I passed and will get something a little later from somewhere more interesting.  I did buy a little thing of small coconut macaroons because I was taken aback and also afront at how calorie-friendly they are, and fat gram friendly, too.  Each macaroon is eighty calories and two grams of fat.  I'll have two for dessert later and that will be plenty and take care of my sweet tooth.

IF 80 calories is doable for a treat, you can buy those pre-made Jell-o Puddings and a can of Cool Whip (there IS a low-cal version) and combining a dollop of Cool Whip on the pudding is about 80 calories.

If you buy Jell-O, a one-cup serving with Cool Whip is about 40 calories...so you can have TWO, count 'em 2!

I love those pudding cups and cool whip - they're great.  I can do 200 calories for a treat, as long as the fat gram count is reasonable and as long as my meal or meals o' the day aren't over 1100 calories or so - I can maintain and/or lose eating up to 1500/1700 calories a day, as long as I do the long jog, which I do daily.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2008, 02:55:01 PM »

I got in the car and went looking for food - nothing I passed interested me in the least.  Not even Taco Bell.  I may just make some eggs and toast instead, and then have something a little later, plus I could then eat three or even four macaroons if I felt like it.  Of course, I don't feel like eggs and toast either.  And therein lies the conundrum.  I would probably eat a Philly Cheesesteak but that is not calorie friendly in the least, although it is under 1000 calories.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2008, 03:10:38 PM »

ASSOCIATED PRESS

JUDGE RULES AGAINST OHIO ELECTIONS OFFICIAL IN BATTLE OVER VOTER REGISTRATION

CINCINNATI -- A federal appeals court has ordered Ohio's top elections official to set up a system by Friday to verify new voters' eligibility.

The full 6th Circuit Court of Appeals in Cincinnati has upheld an earlier ruling that Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner has to use other government records to check the thousands of new voters for registration fraud. A three-judge panel of the 6th Circuit had disagreed last week, but the full court's ruling trumps the panel's decision.

Brunner previously said there was no way to set up the system with such speed.

And she is so right - validating one data base (Voter Registration) against another (DMV, SSN, etc) is almost black art: Surnames keyed different McCain vs Mc Cain, Ohara vs O'Hara, Smith-Jones, vs Jones; Fathers and sons not always using Sr. and Jr.; newly wed women with surname changes in one data base but not the other; Last Name Smith, First Name- Mary, Middle Initial A. vs Last Name Smith, First Name Mary Ann. Not to mention that in large data bases there are many instances of multiple legitimate occurances of seemingly unique names. And possible variations on legitimate address abound! Heck we live on Shady Ridge Drive and the next development over has a Shady Ridge. In spite of many hours of programming, I was never able to come up with a cross match system that did not take human intervention to resolve potential ambiguities. Is the "H. Ross Perot in Unit #1 the same as Henry R. Perot in Apt #1?

der Brucer

Kerry

« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2008, 03:18:22 PM »

Or walk and chew gum.

That can be useful.
I like boat races.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2008, 03:25:50 PM »

It's getting so I need to take a Dramamine before I look at any news of the economy. 

DERBRUCER

« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2008, 03:28:28 PM »

DRs Ginny & George, or anyone....Do your libraries have websites to search for books or do you have to go in person or call?

We have one http://lib.de.us/ for the entire State. It even has goodies like what's popular, etc. The site has a window to chat with a Librarian during hours.

der Brucer

I'm a buyer, not a borrower - haven't had a Library card since High School.

George

« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »

Our library website is www.trlib.org.  I buy and borrow. :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13   Go Up