Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE COSTCO EXPERIENCE  (Read 21276 times)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
Re: THE COSTCO EXPERIENCE
« Reply #120 on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »

Lots of love, support and vibes for Vixmom... and a hug too..
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: November 06, 2008, 12:17:47 PM »

On TV Tonight!™

ABC - UGLY BETTY, GREY'S ANATOMY, LIFE ON MARS
NBC - comedies, ER
CBS - SURVIVOR, CSI, ELEVENTH HOUR
CW  - SMALLVILLE, SUPERNATURAL

Tonight, we were supposed to have rehearsal at the Capital Playhouse space and stage a couple of numbers, but I got an e-mail from our stage manager saying that that has changed.  We're still going to have rehearsal, but it'll be at The Midnight Sun, which is a much smaller space, AND it'll just be a read-through, so a large space is not needed.  So, I'll still have to record tonight's ABC line-up.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »

Vibes to the grandfather of the sweet 2 month old Toby!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: November 06, 2008, 12:19:20 PM »

I guess I can be honest and say that at the beginning of this diet for the first time in my life I topped 200 - I began the diet at 201, but I suspect that two weeks before that, when I'd begun running again, that I probably weighed 203.  I'm now down to 166 and I am buff and toned with abs and buns (oh, those buns) of steel.  When I went to the Gardenia, I wore my  khakis and my shirt tucked in - haven't tucked a shirt in since the last time I lost weight - back in the summer of 2006.  I've now lost five pounds more than that 2006 weight loss. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: November 06, 2008, 12:20:12 PM »

Bruce, I thought the weight loss was your birthday gift ;)

I should give myself a birthday weight loss gift.  If I begin today I'll be done in time. :)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #125 on: November 06, 2008, 12:20:53 PM »

I was listening to the news today and heard an amusing story...

A town in west central Minnesota had a tie for one of their races. There were four candidates for teh two open position on the city commission and all four had votes within a few votes of each other. The first place person was won by three votes but the next two candidates were tied. There was a recount and still they came out as tied.

to decide the race they had the two candidates draw cards and the high card won. One guy drew an 8 of spaces and the other a queen. The guy who drew the queen won.

A similar thing happened a few years ago in the same town and they flipped a quarter.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2008, 12:21:47 PM »

Congrats bk!!! Your hard work and dedication paid off!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2008, 12:24:20 PM »

Can't we discuss politics without trashing candidates, just the basis of how things work instead?

I wonder who he wanted, and why did he permit himself to be persuaded to go with someone else.  It is one of my big issues with how the VP is chosen. 

Long before Palin was publicly mentioned I did by own research trying to find a "best pick" candidate. The ticket needed some one who was not a Washington insider - so that ruled out Senators and Congressmen. The choice needed to balance the ticket - white men need not apply. Because of the age question, someone under 55 would be best. The choice could not further alienate "the base" or the election would surely be lost.

My initial choice was Linda Lingle - the Jewish women Governor of Hawaii - but because she is so pro-choice, she would have enraged "the base". That left Palin as the last candidate standing with a Governmental background. Limited research suggested that her real-world actions were much more moderate than her ideological credentials - making her sort of a "stealth" candidate. Baring discovery of a Titan of Industry who could meet all the other requirements, I went with Palin (this was back in March!)

As a matter of practical politics, it does little good to have your "second best" candidate as a VP choice if you don't end up with a winning ticket.

Granted, long before I actually supported such a choice I would have wanted more extensive investigation.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #128 on: November 06, 2008, 12:25:09 PM »

I was trailing bk with an iPhone.

Ah ha... You have now blown your cover.... You are a secret agent :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: November 06, 2008, 12:30:40 PM »

Just got a book catalog e-mailed to me - you know, with the economy the worst it's been in decades, and with people losing their dough left and right, leave it to a book dealer (especially THIS book dealer) to not take any of that into account - not only that, but he RAISES his prices - which are so outrageous it's laughable.  He's four times higher than anyone else on the ABE, and I hope he has not ONE sale from this current catalog.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: November 06, 2008, 12:31:47 PM »

I'm hungry all of a sudden.  I was thinking of making eggs, since I have all these English muffins here - but I have no eggs, so I'll mosey on over to Gelson's and see what they have - I can buy eggs, or I can make tuna sandwiches, or I can do something from their deli.  We shall see.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #131 on: November 06, 2008, 12:37:04 PM »

Correct - I completely disagree.  Photography is an art - CGI used on top of photography is lazy and subverts the original intent.

But what if what the Director wants can only be best realized with the help of computer tools? The photographer is only one of the many craftsmen assigned to bring a "visual concept" to the screen.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »

I like Costco (have one 5 minutes away). But i never buy fresh food there. I find the prices very high. But good for some bulk non-perishables. I think they have great prices on books, although unfortunately they do not have more french books, than english ones.

They can sometimes have amazing scrapbook stuff (at great prices).

And they have really cheap food at their restaurant (and good snacks).

We dont have a Costco but I have heard they are quite the experience.

There is a store in the Twin Cities you would like called Archiver.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2008, 12:41:32 PM »

I've lost about 35 lbs now. I'm quite pleased.

Congrats Elmore!!!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2008, 12:42:03 PM »

- I can buy eggs,

Don't you know some folks good at laying eggs?

der Brucer

td

• td
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2008, 12:43:28 PM »

I have placed a tuna noodle casserole in the oven.  Time to take the foil off.  BBL.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2008, 12:43:57 PM »

My opinion of Sarah Palin:  stupid bitch.

And I couldn't care less if that's considered sexist or not.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DERBRUCER

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2008, 12:45:17 PM »

We dont have a Costco but I have heard they are quite the experience.

But you do have a Sam's Club - which is very much like COSCO.

der Brucer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2008, 12:46:52 PM »

I have only gone into Sams a few times

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #139 on: November 06, 2008, 12:47:24 PM »

I thought the photography b/w of both DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL and A FACE IN THE CROWD had a great documentary look to it....and I also liked that about the original MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE.

Color wise.....SOUTH PACIFIC....filters and all.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #140 on: November 06, 2008, 12:48:19 PM »

I am now encouraged to begin my exercise/weight loss program.  35 pounds would be great!  And even if I lose that, I would not be where MR BK and DR ELMORE now are.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #141 on: November 06, 2008, 12:50:11 PM »

My opinion of Sarah Palin:  stupid bitch.

And I couldn't care less if that's considered sexist or not.

How about rude?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #142 on: November 06, 2008, 12:52:19 PM »

I thought the photography b/w of both DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.. had a great documentary look to it....

You mean it wasn't a documentary?

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #143 on: November 06, 2008, 12:55:29 PM »

I am now encouraged to begin my exercise/weight loss program.  35 pounds would be great! 

Oh please, who wants an elfin Sheridan Whiteside?

der Brucer

George

« Reply #144 on: November 06, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »

I wonder if DR George will be purchasing the 5th anniversary edition of Wicked's cast album, with an exclusive second disc?  :D

Actually, I was able to get the second disc separately from the 5th anniversary disc.

:-X

::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #145 on: November 06, 2008, 01:06:23 PM »

HUGE VIBES AND PRAYERS TO VIXMOM!!!!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ann, if you shorten the number of well deserved vibes for VixMom you will keep us out of wide screen.

der Brucer

Or if you add a few spaces, that'll break up the long line but you'll still keep the number of ~s that you want. :)

George

« Reply #146 on: November 06, 2008, 01:07:00 PM »

Congrats to both Elmore and BK on your weight loss(es)!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #147 on: November 06, 2008, 01:13:24 PM »

It was just as beautiful out today as I imagined it would be. I certainly enjoyed my time in the fresh air.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: November 06, 2008, 01:16:14 PM »

Yesterday, S. Woody White posted:

A co-worker of mine insists that no one who voted for Obama could possibly have also voted for Proposition 8 in California, or for the equivalent Proposition 2 in Florida.

Let's see...

In California, Obama recieved 61 percent of the votes.  The yea votes for Proposition 8 are tallying at 52 percent.

Results revealed today indicate that Blacks voted 2-1 in favor of Prop. 8...or, roughly 61% of the Black voters in California voted "Yes on 8". 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: November 06, 2008, 01:17:02 PM »

When I got in, I immediately put on the movie of TROPIC THUNDER. It's funny, and I enjoyed it, but the review copy is the 2-disc director's cut which has put back in 14 minutes of footage cut for the theatrical release. Those 14 minutes (plus about 10 more) should be taken back out. At 121 minutes, it's just too long, and I got very restless at the climax of the movie wanting it to be over.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up