Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CLEANING BINGE  (Read 24447 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE CLEANING BINGE
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2008, 02:47:24 PM »

Good to see vixmom posting!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2008, 02:47:34 PM »

All this and page six, too.

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »

DR Vixmom, the only thing that you don't deserve is to be going through all this chemo stuff...Vixmoms should always be healthy, happy, and non nauseous.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2008, 02:49:18 PM »

Did some more errands and got a Subway turkey sandwich, which I just ate.  I almost went to run, but glad I didn't as it started to rain.  Didn't last long and then the sun actually peeked through, but that was short-lived, too, so no long jog of any kind today.  In fact, looking out Ye Olde Windowe, I can see it's still drizzling.  Well, we needed the rain.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2008, 02:49:27 PM »

There was a movie titled QUEEN KONG in 1976 also, DR Kerry.

It starred Robin Askwith and Rula Lenska.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 02:52:32 PM by MBarnum »

Kerry

« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2008, 02:52:29 PM »

Does anyone have an opinion of which would be the best filmed version of "Little Women"?   It was made --- three times?  I would assume the first version with Hepburn  (mainly because I have a great deal of difficulty picturing June Allyson and Elizabeth Taylor in it.  Is the recent version (as in within the last decade) any good?

Your help is kindly appreciated.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2008, 02:52:58 PM »

It's finally raining-- well more like drizzling.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #157 on: December 15, 2008, 02:53:39 PM »

There was a movie titled QUEEN KONG in 1976 also, DR Kerry.

It starred Robin Askwith and Rula Lenska.

Oh my God, I may just have to see it!
I like boat races.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #158 on: December 15, 2008, 02:54:35 PM »

I am intrigued and scared about the new 20/20 tonight which is about a production of THE WIZ by a nearly all white high school in Virginia.

I work with so many high school kids during the summer - the good, the bad, and the...well...you know - that I don't know if I want to go through the entire experience in two hours.....

But.....I think I might feel more positive if it wasn't a show with some serious built in problems for this particular venue.....

I'm curious about this report, also.  I set my DVR to record it while I'm watching the NBC line-up.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Kerry

« Reply #159 on: December 15, 2008, 02:54:48 PM »

Again, fabulous vibes to everyone for everything.  Life is far too precious!  So be good, and be careful!
I like boat races.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #160 on: December 15, 2008, 02:55:44 PM »

"Yeah, I know, with this costume I look more like a mule."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #161 on: December 15, 2008, 03:00:24 PM »

When the local community theater did THE WIZ back in the 1990s, they used a racially mixed cast. They did have an African-American Dorothy, Evelene, Wiz, and Lion, but many of the other roles were played by Caucasians.

A local children's summer theater program did The Wiz about 10 years ago.  The cast wasn't too racially mixed, because the community isn't.  Also, several theater groups have done Once On This Island without many non-caucasians.  One children's theater group (different than the one that did The Wiz had NO non-caucasians in the cast...at all! :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »

Here is the Twisted Nerve cover.

Love the cover!  But shouldn't it be "ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACKS" since there are two different soundtracks on the CD?

Just curious. :)
I was wondering the same thing!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »

I kept it simple - soundtrack takes in everything on the CD - in fact, soundtrackS looked odd to me. 

singdaw

« Reply #164 on: December 15, 2008, 03:47:15 PM »

I approved the new HHW registration.

And now that you have, I can't remember which date the "birthday" is supposed to be!?!?!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 03:55:52 PM by singdaw »

singdaw

« Reply #165 on: December 15, 2008, 03:54:35 PM »

which would be the best filmed version of "Little Women"?

"The Women"     ;)

singdaw

« Reply #166 on: December 15, 2008, 03:55:19 PM »

Good to see vixmom posting!

Yes, indeed!!!!   :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2008, 04:00:51 PM »

Does anyone have an opinion of which would be the best filmed version of "Little Women"?   It was made --- three times?  I would assume the first version with Hepburn  (mainly because I have a great deal of difficulty picturing June Allyson and Elizabeth Taylor in it.  Is the recent version (as in within the last decade) any good?

I would say this is the best one.  I remember years ago there was a TV mini series with Susan Dey we enjoyed very much.  NetFlix has it on two discs.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #168 on: December 15, 2008, 04:07:30 PM »

I see a new Doris Day box set is coming in April. Among the contents: APRIL IN PARIS, TEA FOR TWO, IT"S A GREAT FEELING, STARLIFT (which I've never seen), THE TUNNEL OF LOVE.

I remember seeing STARLIFT.  It's like a THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS/HOLLYWOOD CANTEEN for the Korean War.

Cagney is in it.

Love IT'S A GREAT FEELING and, although I don't think I've ever seen it, APRIL IN PARIS has Ray Bolger...which is always a treat.

Bolger is fine and Day is great as always, but they don't make a very felicitous romantic couple.

Maybe that's why they didn't do another picture together.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #169 on: December 15, 2008, 04:09:52 PM »

When I see Ray Bolger the one thing I never think of is romantic.

I wish they'd release his WHERE'S CHARLEY onto DVD.  To the best of my knowledge, it's never been available on home video.  Legal problems, I guess.

You can dream…or you can do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: December 15, 2008, 04:52:07 PM »

Literally fifteen minutes after my last post I looked out the window to see completely blue skies.  I found that rather amazing, that in fifteen minutes all those slate gray clouds could disappear without a trace.  So, I immediately put on my long jog attire (instead of a t-shirt I wore a sweatshirt) and did the long jog.  At the three mile point I looked up to find that the completely blue skies were once again completely slate gray and looking like rain would issue forth at any moment.  I put on some speed and made it home without having rain.  It still isn't raining but it looks like it's going to.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: December 15, 2008, 04:56:17 PM »

VIXMOM vibes!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #172 on: December 15, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »

I guess MR BK and DR MATTH put it politely....Mr Bolger is for many in the audience lacking in the - to use an old Hollywood term DR DRUXY would know - SA department.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: December 15, 2008, 04:58:31 PM »

Four orders.  An all-time low for this here site - lower than Laurette and lower than A Christmas Carol by the same composer.  Happily, I don't have to worry about it, as my biggest online dealer just upped his order by 100.  At the end of the day I'll probably only have 200 to sell by the time it's announced.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: December 15, 2008, 05:03:38 PM »

Does anyone have an opinion of which would be the best filmed version of "Little Women"?   It was made --- three times?  I would assume the first version with Hepburn  (mainly because I have a great deal of difficulty picturing June Allyson and Elizabeth Taylor in it.  Is the recent version (as in within the last decade) any good?

I would say this is the best one.  I remember years ago there was a TV mini series with Susan Dey we enjoyed very much.  NetFlix has it on two discs.

The Hepburn is the one I'd watch given a choice of all three theatrical releases, but I am here to tell you that the Winona Ryder/Susan Sarandon one is absolutely SUPERB.

The MGM one is the "lesser" in terms of pacing, IMO, but it's "pretty" and that's a lot of entertainment value, too.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2008, 05:04:33 PM »

LITTLE WOMEN.....the Hepburn-Bennett-Dee version directed by George Cukor is probably my least favorite.....I think the casting of Marmee is crucial, and Spring Byington just doesn't do it for me.  As Aunt March, Edna May Oliver, no problem there.

The MGM remake with Taylor-Allyson-O'Brien-Leigh is filmed beautifully and has the divine Mary Astor as Marmee.   Lucile Watson is Aunt March - perfectly acceptable.

The 1994 version is okay and has some nice moments.  It is very earnest and has Ryder-Alverado-Dunst-Danes who are okay as well.  Susan Sarandon as Marmee doesn't have much warmth.  But you have Mary Wickes as Aunt March - probably the best of the three.  And Christian Bale as Laurie....

I like the MGM one the best.  I have NOT read the book (gasp) - so I don't know story wise which one is best....but Mary Astor, Margaret O'Brien, and June Allyson tip the scales for me to MGM.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2008, 05:04:36 PM »

I think I've just heard what our February Kritzerland limited edition will be - we shall see - but like January's it's a really beautiful thing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2008, 05:05:03 PM »

Well there you are.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2008, 05:19:20 PM »

I think I've just heard what our February Kritzerland limited edition will be - we shall see - but like January's it's a really beautiful thing.

More surprises!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »

I'm three hours away from shuttle pick-up.  I'm packed, I'm showered, I'm wearing clean clothes and I even used deodorant!

I may even brush my teeth (after a bit of din-din).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up