Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BUMPER CARS  (Read 31152 times)

Danise

Re: BUMPER CARS
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2008, 06:05:30 AM »

I've a question, related to the Topic of the Day, that I'm seriously curious about.  As always, I'm worried about sounding snotty.  Those of you who don't attend the theatre very often: Why not?  Do you not like plays and musicals?  Are tickets too expensive?  Is there not a wide enough array of stage entertainment near were you live?
 From Der B Yesterday

I have several reasons why I don't go as much as I could.

Cost.  For example: Sarah Brightman was in town and the nose bleed tickets were about $85.00. I know this was a concert but plays and musicals can cost the same.

I've seen most of the plays the TBPAC (Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center) offers when I was in NY.

And the real BIGGIE:   I don't like to drive at night because of my vision and because I am alone.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2008, 06:17:41 AM »

And I guess ya'll are wondering about my outing.  It went great!  I know that I had a good time.  I just feel bad that he spent so much money of those movie tickets, a drink and popcorn and then dinner to top it off. 

I'm not used to someone else paying for me and I was somewhat embarrassed. 

We saw The Day The Earth Stood Still.  I won't leave any spoilers just the one comment:  Wait for the DVD. 

We both felt the same way. 

We dined at Chilis.  I had the chicken ranch sandwich and he had nachos. 

Then we went back to his house for a bit and talked and talked and talked.   We have a lot in common--he even likes One Life To Live.   

I think we shall meet again.  We don't have to out to the movies--I'm just as happy to rent one and pop our own corn.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2008, 06:19:50 AM »

Wonderful news, DR DANISE.  Thanks for sharing your evening details!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2008, 06:20:55 AM »

Yes today is the Winter Solstice....which is the day with the shortest amount of daylight and the longest amount of night time......

And it is very very very cold here.  We open at noon, so at least I don't have to go outside for awhile.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2008, 06:21:35 AM »

Page 1057 of my memoirs, near the bottom of the page, in small type:

Thanks to Jose Simbulan.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2008, 06:21:58 AM »

Free for all -

which film do you think most accurately captured an historical event? (In as much was known at the time of filming).  ;D

Danise

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2008, 06:22:40 AM »

We've had some very nice weather this past week put I just saw the weather on Baynews 9 and we will be getting a blast of cold starting tonight into tomorrow.  Burrr!  May I say that I'm very glad I don't live at place where the high will be -1!

Well, I have to go and dressed so I can take Miss Sheena to see all of her friends at the dog park! 

Laters all and have a warm, happy day!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2008, 06:25:35 AM »

Wonderful news, DR DANISE.  Thanks for sharing your evening details!
[/quote

Thank you, DR JRand.  I forgot to mention that we went to the theater in Ybor City.  Someplace I rarely go to  so after the movie we walked around for a bit.  It's mostly bars and they don't really interest me.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2008, 06:26:19 AM »

Yes today is the Winter Solstice....which is the day with the shortest amount of daylight and the longest amount of night time......

And it is very very very cold here.  We open at noon, so at least I don't have to go outside for awhile.
  Which also means from this day forward it will be getting lighter every night!  Yay!!!!!!!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2008, 06:33:03 AM »

Good morning, all! Jayden is helping me with my computer skills this morning. I think he liked the snowy photos of Seattle, but he's noew playing with Randy and Maddie.

Today, we are attending a family party with Jo's side of the family: she's taking devilled eggs, chicken and dumplings, and a very interesting-looking cherry crumb cake. After that, it's Christmas at Randy's with their children - Randy's son Cory and her two - and the grandchildren Jayden and Riley.

Jayden is quite excited over the number of huge wrapped packages his generous grandparents have piled under the tree and he's become quite fond of the cherry chapstick I gave him yesterday. Randy's son Cory and his wife are spending Christmas in Tennessee with his mother and sister so we've having Christmas today before he leaves. On Christmas Day, Randy, Jo and I will exchange gifts. I'm looking forward to seeing my nephews Matt and Tim today, and I think the day will be fun.

I'm coming down with a cold, so I could use a few vibes. I've probably passed it on to DR Ginny and Richard and I'm feeling a bit like Typhoid Mary.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2008, 06:47:11 AM »

The biggest news of the day clocks in early when the Sun enters Capricorn (4:05AM PST). This is one the four, sacred turning points of the solar year as the Sun reaches its lowest point of declination (23+ degrees South of the Celestial Equator) in the Northern Hemisphere. This ushers in winter in the Northern Hemisphere.

Meanwhile, in your daily affairs right now, be aware that the Moon in airy Libra is void from 8:58AM PST until 3:38PM PST. Don't make big decisions, sign papers or commit to long-term enterprises during this limbo-like time-span. Once 3:38PM PST rolls around, the Moon enters intense Scorpio for the next 2+ days. Solving personal mysteries and ferreting out secrets are highlighted. Research projects and investigative reporting receive the cosmic green light. Take a good look at yourself in the passion-desire mirror. Why be afraid to understand more about how you tick in your subconscious universe?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2008, 06:48:00 AM »

Surviving the cold and cold vibes for DR ELMORE....

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2008, 06:51:35 AM »

And I guess ya'll are wondering about my outing.  It went great!  I know that I had a good time....I think we shall meet again.  We don't have to out to the movies--I'm just as happy to rent one and pop our own corn.
Good for you!

Just remember, if Elmore makes suggestions for what to pop into the VCR, just ignore him.  Different strokes tastes, and all that.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2008, 06:55:22 AM »

...I'm coming down with a cold, so I could use a few vibes. I've probably passed it on to DR Ginny and Richard and I'm feeling a bit like Typhoid Mary.
Historically, Typhoid Mary reputedly never felt a twinge of guilt, or even a glimmer of understanding of what was taking place around her.  You are not Typhoid Mary!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2008, 07:04:27 AM »

Downtown Seattle

Blizzard warnings were posted for parts of Washington as high winds, snow and freezing rain began coating the state Saturday. Western Washington, including the Seattle area, could see wind gusts as high as 90 mph, meteorologist Burg said.

Icy wind and heavy snow closed a 45-mile stretch of Interestate 84 in Oregon between the Portland suburb of Troutdale and Hood River. The state braced for wind gusts up to 60 mph.

Dec. 18: Song Evans of University Place, Wash., walks with a red umbrella under a dusky gray sky along the Puget Sound near Titlow Beach in Tacoma, Wash.

der Brucer

Do you know that street that is in downtown Seattle?

In the 22 years that I lived there (until the end of 1963), we has some snow...but never like that and always in February or March.
You can dream…or you can do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2008, 07:06:03 AM »

So, how is everyone's Christmas schedule stacking up?

For me, it's Workies today, off tomorrow. 

Billing, normally done on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, is getting tossed around a bit this week, since Thursday the store will be closed.  I'll be starting the job on Tuesday, then putting in a full shift at the register on Wednesday.  Thursday der B and I head to his daughter's for Christmas, staying overnight and returning the next morning, when I get back to Billing (starting three hours late and ditto when I'll be leaving for the day).  Then I get to finish the Billing on Saturday.

We haven't worked out exactly what my hours will be next week, what with New Year's Eve and Day, but I'm expecting more of the same.

As a bonus, I was looking over our records for the time I've worked at the store this year.  It turns out that I'll have put in more hours at the store than I would have back at the insurance company.  So much for my being retired!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2008, 07:09:09 AM »

Free for all -

which film do you think most accurately captured an historical event? (In as much was known at the time of filming).  ;D

I assume that you mean a non-documentary.

That's not an easy question, primarily because if it was a good film it had to take a certain amount of dramatic license.

I'll have to think about that one.
You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2008, 07:09:37 AM »

It's off to get the birthday balloons for today. Then send vibes that the children's nativity during worship today doesn't turn out to be the train wreck it looked like yesterday.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2008, 07:14:44 AM »

DR DRUXY is correct - I am not asking about documentaries.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: December 21, 2008, 07:15:09 AM »

DR SWW - today is my last work day until the day after Christmas.

Ben

« Reply #50 on: December 21, 2008, 07:16:18 AM »

We are double booked  today. Brunch at 11 with a friend and his family and then at about 2 we are off to Brooklyn for a Morelli family cousin get together.

Last night we had dinner at a friend's house. We had bouillabaisse with crusty French bread, pear cider and apple cider (from the Migliorelli stand at the Union Square Greenmarket) and a salad. For dessert we had

Libby's Pumpkin Roll

with coffee and tea. We also watched "It's a Wonderful Life" and we cried (in happiness).

We also made some crafty things for our host's Christmas wreath. He has a small apartment (and a dog) so he get a wreath, not a tree.

Much fun was had by all.

I anticipate much fun today as well.

It's nice to be  on vacation!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 07:18:34 AM by Ben »

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #51 on: December 21, 2008, 07:17:46 AM »

JANE and KEITH

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH AND THE HAPPY COUPLE

Ben

« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2008, 07:19:31 AM »

Jane and Keith, it sounds like all was well. Congratulations and much love from the East Coast on your wonderful event!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2008, 07:20:04 AM »

Free for all -

I think Apollo 13 did a good job.  Which is amazing, considering Ron Howard's attitude about historical accuracy.  Tom Hanks must have been very severe with the cueball from Burroughs High.

Cillaliz

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2008, 07:21:49 AM »

I'm still not sure about Christmas.  If I had to go somewhere today. I wouldn't be going. We're supposed to have snow on Tuesday so the plans aren't set. If all goes well I'll be with the parents from Wednesday to Friday then back home.   My sister has cancelled their previously planned trip....well, I think she has, one never knows whether she'll decide at the last minute to come here after all.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2008, 07:24:05 AM »

Normally we get together with friends on Chrismas Eve, but their kids are all only going to be togehter one night this year, Christmas eve, so they are doing a family thing instead.   My SIL has been sick, so I'm not real anxious to spend that evening at their house.    So, we're just playing it by ear.

Cillaliz

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2008, 07:25:18 AM »

Today I'm doing laundry. making calendars and I should wrap the gifts I have so I can see who I've forgotten.   

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: December 21, 2008, 07:32:53 AM »

Off to work, sounds like everyone is going to have an interesting Sunday!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2008, 07:34:12 AM »

Workies!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #59 on: December 21, 2008, 07:40:39 AM »

Good morning!

It rained most of the night, lightly but consistently, and it was very gray when I got up this morning. However, the clouds have parted and the sun is coming out making finally for a break from that gloomy, clammy weather of the past week. Of course, with that also comes cold temperatures, so it will go back to being winter here as the day moves along.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up