Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SO FAR, SO GOOD  (Read 34624 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: SO FAR, SO GOOD
« Reply #330 on: January 08, 2009, 07:12:56 PM »

I'm pleased to report I had a good experience calling my doctor today.  When I called she just happened to be at her desk so they put her on the phone.  The results of the lab test arrived this morning confirming I was on the correct antibiotic.  Within minutes of my speaking to her a 4 day renewal of my prescription had been faxed to the pharmacy which I conveniently I picked it up on my way home after hiking with Sherlock.

Great news, Jane!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #331 on: January 08, 2009, 07:13:10 PM »

Ron Pulliam, we are waiting for a report.

I heard the "tap, tap, tap..."       :)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #332 on: January 08, 2009, 07:14:09 PM »

I'm pleased to report I had a good experience calling my doctor today.  When I called she just happened to be at her desk so they put her on the phone.  The results of the lab test arrived this morning confirming I was on the correct antibiotic.  Within minutes of my speaking to her a 4 day renewal of my prescription had been faxed to the pharmacy which I conveniently I picked it up on my way home after hiking with Sherlock.

Great news, Jane!

Yes, our Jane deserves her "pees" and quiet, and now she shall have them!

;)
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #333 on: January 08, 2009, 07:14:22 PM »

DR TCB I don't recall you mentioning a memorial service for Stan.  Will there be one?  Will Mark take the flag?

Yes, the obituary with picture will be in this Sunday's newspaper, and the memorial service will be next Saturday, January 17, at 1:00 p.m.

And yes, Mark will take the flag, which I assume he will fly on the flagpole at the house.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:16:10 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #334 on: January 08, 2009, 07:15:21 PM »

Great news, Jane!

Yes, our Jane deserves her "pees" and quiet, and now she shall have them!

;)

And good(ish) news for you, Ron!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #335 on: January 08, 2009, 07:15:50 PM »

Great news DR Ron.  You were right to make sure this wasn't more serious.  With the symptoms reduced you may find the cold improving.  Rest well tonight.

Laura

« Reply #336 on: January 08, 2009, 07:16:07 PM »

That's good news, Ron Pulliam. I hope you feel better soon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #337 on: January 08, 2009, 07:16:34 PM »

In our almost local news, Medford not Ashland:

"Police arrest 'Zombie Bandit,' suspected in Medford robbery, in Wyoming"

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #338 on: January 08, 2009, 07:16:49 PM »

Good news, Ron.  Feel better soon.
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #339 on: January 08, 2009, 07:17:24 PM »

I am getting worried about Ron Pulliam. He should be back with a report. I hope he didn't have to be admitted to a hospital.

Gosh, I didn't think of that.  I figured the place he goes might be very unorganized & make him wait a long time.  You are right, this is way too long.

...Or he could have already come home from his appointment, then popped a movie in... then fallen asleep...

;)

The sleep part was the right choice.

As for popping a movie in, I don't have the attention span or interest right now.  In movies, or music, or food...and spare me the idea of sweets.  Yuck. 

I guess if I had started the New Year on a diet, this would have been the best way to get into it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #340 on: January 08, 2009, 07:20:08 PM »

And now for a semi-random comment...

It appears that having the MacWorld Conference and the Consumer Electronics Show back to back this week has "broken" Twitter and some other computer and social-networking sites.  ...All those iPhones, Blackberry's and other PDAs in one place, and all posting the latest news at the same time.

I don't know why, but I find this incredibly funny!! ;)

Sort of like a kitchen fire at a firefighter's convention? 

Or a robbery of attendees at a Police League banquet?

Jane

« Reply #341 on: January 08, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »

Great news, Jane!

Thank you.  Now if the medication would only work.

I have not seen THE BONNIE HUNT SHOW yet.  I'm a big fan.  Does life imitate art on her show (reference to her tv show).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #342 on: January 08, 2009, 07:21:42 PM »

I wonder how RLP made out with the Doctor

Would you like to rephrase that?

;D ;D

The doctor wore a mask during our entire appointment.  Gloves, too.  ;)

Jane

« Reply #343 on: January 08, 2009, 07:22:24 PM »

DR TCB I don't recall you mentioning a memorial service for Stan.  Will there be one?  Will Mark take the flag?

Yes, the obituary with picture will be in this Sunday's newspaper, and the memorial service will be next Saturday, January 17, at 1:00 p.m.

And yes, Mark will take the flag, which I assume he will fly on the flagpole at the house.

This is always a rough time of year for you-vibes.

Jane

« Reply #344 on: January 08, 2009, 07:23:18 PM »

;D ;D

The doctor wore a mask during our entire appointment.  Gloves, too.  ;)

;D ;D 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #345 on: January 08, 2009, 07:29:48 PM »

This is always a rough time of year for you-vibes.

Thank you, one and all.

Yes, Jane, this is a tough time for me.  If the memorial service was one day earlier, it would be on the anniversary of the date my mom was killed.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #346 on: January 08, 2009, 07:30:41 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #347 on: January 08, 2009, 07:33:03 PM »

I know DR TCB.  At least the service isn't on the same day.

Jane

« Reply #348 on: January 08, 2009, 07:36:46 PM »

Vibes to all who need them!!  :)

'night

George

« Reply #349 on: January 08, 2009, 07:38:20 PM »

So, yesterday we had our added and very last performance of Reefer Madness! The Musical! at the Washington Center for the Performing Arts Black Box.  To say it was guerrilla theater is a bit much, but we did have to change quite a few entrances and exits.  In our original space, we had a pass-through behind the set to get from side to side, but we didn't last night.  On the stage right side, the exit led to the one (very small) dressing room, but it also opened into the WCPA main stage.  We put most of our stuff downstairs in the main stage dressing rooms, but I had some fairly quick changes, so I never went there during the show, only for intermission.  The stage left side had a door to the very rainy outside and we had to use that to go back and forth between sides. 

George

« Reply #350 on: January 08, 2009, 07:38:41 PM »

There were a few scenes that had to be performed on the opposite side of the stage because of the new set up and Mary had to die on the couch instead of the floor because the chairs were directly on the floor and not on risers, but otherwise most of the show was performed as it was done at the original theater.  They were able to set up about 120 chairs and the place was almost full!  We had a GREAT audience!  A lot of people who came weren't able to see the show before because of the cancelled performances, but many had seen it before and wanted to see it again.  THEY ALL LOVED IT!  We had the best audience of the run. ;D It was a great way to end the show. 

George

« Reply #351 on: January 08, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »

TAO (Theater Artists Olympia, who put on the show) has a tradition that if you do three shows with them, you get an engraved flask or personalized mug (your choice).  This is actually my fourth show with them, but I finally got my flask (even though I don't drink ;))!  On one side, it says TAO and my name underneath, and on the other side is the TAO logo.  It's very nice.  I'll take a picture of it when I get home.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:42:45 PM by George »

George

« Reply #352 on: January 08, 2009, 07:51:30 PM »

I have not seen THE BONNIE HUNT SHOW yet.  I'm a big fan.  Does life imitate art on her show (reference to her tv show).

What I love about her is that she is so comfortable in front of the camera and with guests...and a very quick wit...and funny!  When Rosie O'Donnell, Caroline Rhea, Ellen DeGeneres and Megan Mullally had their shows, you could see in the very early episodes that they were all not quite comfortable with the situation.  There definitely was a learning curve.  Of course, Caroline and Megan's shows didn't last very long, so they didn't have the chance to really "get into the groove."  But Bonnie was "on" right from the beginning.  She was personable, funny and comfortable.  I love her show and hope it sticks around for quite a while. :D

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #353 on: January 08, 2009, 07:53:07 PM »

Another stay home day but I did connect into the office this morning and did some work.  Not as zonked out and sleepy as I had been yesterday, but some stomach distress has entered the picture, along with sneezing fits and watery eyes.  But the worst thing of all--daytime TV!

Did you watch "The Bonnie Hunt Show"?  I love her!

It looks like a fun show but the local channel that carries her has it scheduled at 2:00 AM.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #354 on: January 08, 2009, 07:54:32 PM »

Another stay home day but I did connect into the office this morning and did some work.  Not as zonked out and sleepy as I had been yesterday, but some stomach distress has entered the picture, along with sneezing fits and watery eyes.  But the worst thing of all--daytime TV!

It looks like a fun show but the local channel that carries her has it scheduled at 2:00 AM.

AARRGGHH!!  When "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" first started, it was also scheduled at 2:00 am on the Seattle TV station.  Of course, that's what VCRs and DVRs are for. :)

George

« Reply #355 on: January 08, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »

For those that might be interested, here's the Oregonian obituary on Dan in Toronto's cousin:

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2009/01/portland_rabbi_aryeh_hirschfie.html

That's very sad, JMK.  I'm very sorry to hear about this. :'(

George

« Reply #356 on: January 08, 2009, 07:56:47 PM »

And now, I need to leave.  I'm still at work (and not working...and my timesheet will reflect that 8)) but I need to go to my sister's, then go home. 

Until later!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #357 on: January 08, 2009, 07:57:20 PM »

* * * * *  Vibes to all of you out there, whether you need them or not  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #358 on: January 08, 2009, 07:58:36 PM »

AARRGGHH!!  When "The Rosie O'Donnell Show" first started, it was also scheduled at 2:00 am on the Seattle TV station.  Of course, that's what VCRs and DVRs are for. :)

That's true.  I think I'll tell Tivo (via the internet) to record Bonnie Hunt tonight.

Then again, maybe I won't.  I just check the listing for tonight's show and her guest is Tony Shalhoub.  I'm not a fan of the guy.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:01:46 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #359 on: January 08, 2009, 08:20:03 PM »

I really send feel better wishes to all who are ailing. Hope everyone improves as fast as possible.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up