Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: ME FOR THE SEESAW  (Read 22009 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: ME FOR THE SEESAW
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2009, 07:35:22 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

ABC - DANCING WITH THE STARS, SURVIVING SUBURBIA, CASTLE
NBC - CHUCK, HEROES, MEDIUM
CBS - NCAA basketball finals
FOX - HOUSE, '24'
TNT - SAVING GRACE
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2009, 07:35:36 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2009, 07:35:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: PURLIEU!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  WELCOME HOME

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 07:37:06 AM »

Looks like I'll be watching the Disney Cartoon Shorts Collection, Volume 3 today unless GIGI on Blu-ray finally gets here.

I know three of the shorts are THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER, OLE KING COLE, and THE PIED PIPER. I've forgotten what the fourth one is.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 07:41:02 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

GO Spartans!!!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 07:48:40 AM »

I'm sort of more interested in what soundtrack music made you go wow for the very first time - when seeing a movie.

DAW

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 07:49:16 AM »

MBarnum

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 07:55:12 AM »

TOD:

ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE: music by Albert Glasser

DAY OF THE OUTLAW: music by Alexander Courage

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 07:57:50 AM »

AND WELCOME HOME DR DRUXY

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 07:59:01 AM »

BK-

DID YOU GET MY ORDER?

Laura

« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 07:59:19 AM »

I lost tickets one, too. It was at Phoenix Theater's production of "Joseph...Dreamcoat." I remembered exactly where the seats were and that one seat was a child's seat, which they were able to confirm on their seating chart. I had to bring my mastercard statement that proved I paid for tickets, then wait until the house was filled -- except for those seats. Then the usher seated us. DRs Sandra and Megan will remember this.

I made a "ticket box" after that, where ALL the tickets go as soon as they are purchased. Now I know where they are.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 07:59:27 AM »

Try as I might, I cannot even find anymore the link to where you can listen to the new releases.

td

• td
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 07:59:35 AM »

TOD:
My folks had the boxed set soundtracks of OKLAHOMA!. CAROUSEL and THE KING AND I, so I grew up with those.
The first soundtrack I bought with my allowance was the OST from THAT DARN CAT! because I really liked the music in the movie.  I remember that there was a bit of urging on my folks' part for me to buy something with more songs on it, but I was bullheaded even then.
I had the HOW THE WEST WAS WON soundtrack as well, but wasn't completely happy with it until Rhino issued the fabulous 2-cd soundtrack.
I owned DOCTOR ZHIVAGO on 4-track and 8-track.  I didn't get the lp until well into my college days when there was a used record store on campus.
I'd guess that Alex North's score to WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOLF? is the one that made me sit up and take notice, and made me a North fan.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 07:59:38 AM »

GO Spartans!!!

Awful film! This new Comedy Channel series KROD MANDOON AND THE FLAMING SWORD OF FIRE looks funny, though. I believe they share the same leading man, Sean Maguire.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 08:01:39 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

GO Spartans!!!

DITTO!!!! GO BIG 10!!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 08:01:42 AM »

At the theatre....many of course....including THE SOUND OF MUSIC.

But for music alone - the one that made me buy the soundtrack:

The Wind and the Lion!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »

Tragic story, DR GEORGE.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 08:02:23 AM »

I'm sort of more interested in what soundtrack music made you go wow for the very first time - when seeing a movie.

Two Come To Mind

SPARTACUS and

THE BIG COUNTRY

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 08:03:28 AM »

I have high hopes that ILLYA will be in my mailbox today!  Then I can play it in the car on the way to DAY 2 of auditions!!

DAW

« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 08:05:47 AM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2009, 08:06:48 AM »

So sorry about Wicked, DR George.

I always have a terrible fear that I will lose tickets.  I have a magnet clip on my refrigerator and I clip all tickets in their envelopes there. Then a couple days before (if I remember) I take the tickets and put them in my billfold which I will check 3 or 4 times to make sure they are there.  I'm a little obsessive about it, not sure why, maybe just growing up my mother would ask over and over "Do you have the tickets?" until it drove my dad nuts.  I HATE to have someone else in charge of the tickets - it makes me too nervous that they will forget.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:10 AM »

Looks like I'll be watching the Disney Cartoon Shorts Collection, Volume 3 today unless GIGI on Blu-ray finally gets here.

I know three of the shorts are THE PRINCE AND THE PAUPER, OLE KING COLE, and THE PIED PIPER. I've forgotten what the fourth one is.

Mickey and the Beanstalk.  I passed on these.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: PURLIEU!
Madama Defarge would fantasize about the future of Paris and France, all the while muttering to herself "Knit one, PURLIEU."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2009, 08:19:53 AM »

TOD: Hmmm.  My family was always very into both Broadway and Film music, so I grew up hearing lots of records of both. When I read the TOD the first thing I thought was Dr. Zhivago. Since I had to have been about 4 years old when we went to see it at the drive-in movie theater (which for some reason I remember very clearly) I'm assuming that it's because my dad absolutely loved the music and played the soundtrack at home.  I think I'll see if Netflix has Dr. Z. I really don't remember much except Laura's theme and the house in the snow.

Ginny

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2009, 08:21:34 AM »

LOL, DR DAW! 

This is more what I had in mind:

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2009, 08:25:05 AM »

Mickey and the Beanstalk.  I passed on these.

No, MICKEY AND THE BEANSTALK was on Volume 2 as I recall. I have Volume 3 to review.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2009, 08:25:38 AM »

TOD:

I think the first soundtrack album I ever bought that was not a musical was HOW THE WEST WAS WON. I think I bought BEN-HUR later even though it came our four years earlier.

I still think HOW THE WEST WAS WON is my all-time favorite movie soundtrack. GOLDFINGER ranks right up there, and Mancini's film scores like BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S, CHARADE, THE GREAT RACE, TWO FOR THE ROAD, etc. also rank very high.
Ditto here on HTWWW (owned) and The Great Race (borrowed frequently from the library).
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2009, 08:27:06 AM »

I guess I'll head down now and get cleaned up for my lunch out today with best friend John. We have the season finale of DAMAGES to talk about since we're both big fans but hadn't watched it until this weekend.

WBBL.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2009, 08:27:59 AM »

We've got thunderstorms thundering here in Rehoboth.

Bonnie is cowering under the desk, on top of my feet.  She does not like thunderstorms.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2009, 08:32:23 AM »

Since I'm not well versed in film soundtracks, I think the only ones i have in my library is "Titanic" and  "Lawrence of Arabia" - and that was a gift, I will share two ticket incidents. 

Twice now, I've ordered tickets online for an evening performance of a show that had a matinee/evening schedule on the same day.  I always try and do will call as that usually will keep the cost down.  Well, both times, I went to the box office to pick up my tickets and found that the tickets I had ordered were for the afternoon show.  Both incidences have happy endings as they were able to seat us in BETTER seats than the ones I had thought I purchased.  I guess it helps when both times it was for shows that didn't sell well to begin with. (the LAST equity tour of Les Miserables and the not-so-great tour of Whistle Down the Wind

So now, I'm very cautious when ordering online.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up