Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THING  (Read 14691 times)

FJL

Re: THE THING
« Reply #210 on: May 06, 2009, 08:39:48 PM »

Page 8 FRANZ FERDINAND dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxInsFkVmd0

(one of those songs that sounds like so much navel-gazing at first, but takes a stunning turn by the end; amazed when I heard the song on Letterman last night)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2009, 08:40:59 PM »

So, while the player was taking its own sweet time with the final stages of the processing, I went ahead and used the PlayStation 3 to watch the Blu-ray of PLANET OF THE APES.

Now, the only copy of the movie I ever had on DVD was the first DVD release. It was a nonanamorphic letterboxed copy of the film with lots of dirt, scratches, and reel change markers on it.

What a difference this Blu-ray disc of the film is! BEautifully clean and artifact free, it was pure pleasure to view it from beginning to end.

The DTS-HD MA 5.1 sound wasn't superb, but it's certainly the fullest the film has ever sounded on a home theater system.

Over the course of the next weeks, I'll be working my way throuigh the other four films in the series on Blu-ray since I bought the entire set when Amazon had a big markdown on it a week or two ago.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2009, 08:41:59 PM »

Next I watched tonight's LOST. Great episode as always.

Oh, that scheming Ben! Somebody tie that man up and gag him!

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: May 06, 2009, 08:43:01 PM »

I popped over to IDOL to see who went home. Can't say I was surprised or disappointed even though I wanted a different singer to go home tonight.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: May 06, 2009, 08:44:13 PM »

And I concluded my evening with tonight's LAW & ORDER. A somewhat confusing case of a fireman and his wife being killed and various firemen being suspected. I got it sorted out by the end, but the show lacked energy tonight, I thought.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #215 on: May 06, 2009, 08:55:22 PM »

And here is Miss Juliana.

View My Video

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: May 06, 2009, 08:56:07 PM »

And here is my very own self at Table 20.

View My Video

Michael

« Reply #217 on: May 06, 2009, 08:59:10 PM »

I have an interesting dilemma (To me at least) regarding my IPOD.

Sometimes the screen shows the incorrect album cover but has the correct music information Artist, Album. Song.

Has this happened to anyone else?

So I thought I try to delete all the art work from the Itunes database. Let my Ipod update sans art.

Then go back and get the art back into ITunes and upload the IPod again

Now I have tried and did an ITunes help to delete all the album covers in one fell swoop, but have not been able to find the instructions.

Anyone can help?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: May 06, 2009, 09:01:21 PM »

I think I'll head downstairs right now and go to bed.

Good night!

FJL

« Reply #219 on: May 06, 2009, 09:07:28 PM »

Mehopes there will be no (or extremely limited) use of the bk-cam at our place on Friday evening!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #220 on: May 06, 2009, 09:10:36 PM »

Sometimes the screen shows the incorrect album cover but has the correct music information Artist, Album. Song.

So I thought I try to delete all the art work from the Itunes database. Let my Ipod update sans art.

Now I have tried and did an ITunes help to delete all the album covers in one fell swoop, but have not been able to find the instructions.

Anyone can help?

Is the wrong cover coming up consistently? I know that sometimes if you let iTunes "Get Artwork", it pulls the wrong art from Amazon and/or it's other sources.  *If the same wrong artwork comes up in iTunes on your computer, then then's really nothing "wrong" - iTunes just pulled the wrong artwork. If it is consistent, it's just best to cut and paste the correct artwork - use Apple+I(nfo) to do that.  -I have normally have to manually place the artwork into iTunes for a bunch of the CDs that I've burned into iTunes since they're older titles and/or imports (mainly Classical titles).

Otherwise, just open a Finder window and select the Music folder -> iTunes -> Album Artwork.

I think you can just delete that folder, then when you restart iTunes, it will start to rebuild that folder.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: May 06, 2009, 09:12:02 PM »

Anyone can help?

I'm also not exactly clear exactly what you have "try" already and what you haven't. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #222 on: May 06, 2009, 09:13:39 PM »

Anyone can help?

Is the wrong cover coming up consistently? I know that sometimes if you let iTunes "Get Artwork", it pulls the wrong art from Amazon and/or it's other sources.  *If the same wrong artwork comes up in iTunes on your computer, then then's really nothing "wrong" - iTunes just pulled the wrong artwork. If it is consistent, it's just best to cut and paste the correct artwork - use Apple+I(nfo) to do that.  -I have normally have to manually place the artwork into iTunes for a bunch of the CDs that I've burned into iTunes since they're older titles and/or imports (mainly Classical titles).

Otherwise, just open a Finder window and select the Music folder -> iTunes -> Album Artwork.

I think you can just delete that folder, then when you restart iTunes, it will start to rebuild that folder.

Thanks

It is correct on my computer (I have added many covers myself) and sometimes wrong on the IPod (But not consistently)

I will delete the artwork folder and start over. Hopefully a clean start will stop this problem
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #223 on: May 06, 2009, 09:15:20 PM »

As for iPod artwork - If you chose "Get Artwork" for the OCR of Damn Yankees, what you used to get is the cover art for the rock band, Damn Yankees.  Who knows? It may still do that.  I also remember it pulling up some random art work/group for Emily Skinner's solo album.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2009, 09:16:08 PM »

Also I didn't know about the art folder. This is exactly what I was looking for, but didn't know it was there.

THANKS
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: May 06, 2009, 09:17:16 PM »

Anyone can help?

Thanks

It is correct on my computer (I have added many covers myself) and sometimes wrong on the IPod (But not consistently)

I will delete the artwork folder and start over. Hopefully a clean start will stop this problem

DO NOT DELETE YOUR ARTWORK FOLDER!

-If you do that, then you will have to re-copy and re-paste all the art work you originally cut and pasted.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: May 06, 2009, 09:18:03 PM »

DR Michael S - Just use the "Restore" option in iTunes for your iPod. Then just re-sync it after it's been restored to factory settings.
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #227 on: May 06, 2009, 09:18:36 PM »

Anyone can help?

Thanks

DO NOT DELETE YOUR ARTWORK FOLDER!

-If you do that, then you will have to re-copy and re-paste all the art work you originally cut and pasted.

TOO LATE!!!

But I don't mind it.

It will give me something to do.  :-)
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: May 06, 2009, 09:19:27 PM »

DR Michael S - One more thing: How old is your iPod? I know that sometimes that wrong artwork can be the sign that an iPod is starting to die.  And, yes, iPod's do run down eventually.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: May 06, 2009, 09:21:43 PM »

TOO LATE!!!

But I don't mind it.

If you haven't Empty'd your Trash Can, then you can just drag the folder back to the iTunes folder.

-Are you running iTunes version 8.1.1 (10)?  -If you're on a Mac.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: May 06, 2009, 09:22:16 PM »

OK - I need to finish the last bit of my packing, and then get a few hours of sleep.  I think.

Laters...

Goodnight...

???...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #231 on: May 06, 2009, 09:24:05 PM »

TOO LATE!!!

But I don't mind it.

If you haven't Empty'd your Trash Can, then you can just drag the folder back to the iTunes folder.

-Are you running iTunes version 8.1.1 (10)?  -If you're on a Mac.

Dragged it back

I have 8.1.1.10
Never stop dreaming.

MBarnum

« Reply #232 on: May 06, 2009, 09:28:52 PM »

If I spend almost $300 dollars on a IPod (someday) it better the H - E - Double Hockey sticks not die!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #233 on: May 06, 2009, 09:46:41 PM »

travel vibes to bk

Travel vibes to Jose
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2009, 09:47:16 PM »

What, no one has watched the videos?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »

congrats on the gig DAW
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up