Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YAHOOS  (Read 12017 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE YAHOOS
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2009, 02:53:12 PM »

....enhanced......interrogation.......techniques. .....good......
.....Nancy.....Pelosi.......bad......
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: June 03, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »

And the really good news: my dad's estate is settled and officially closed. I am no longer an executor. Hooray!

Now if we could sell that damned property . . .
Keep them vibes coming!

Congrats, Elmore!!  And...

~~~Continued Property Selling Vibes for DR Elmore!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2009, 03:20:50 PM »

After what I've read on-line this morning ("Tony Squeezes Out Drama"), I've decided that I will be boycotting the Tony broadcast this year. 

I'll be watching the show.  As much as I support a boycott for honorable reasons (such as this), it seems to me that it might only play into the TV producers' reasons for cutting those awards...and I'm just too much of a theater queen to not watch the Tony Awards. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2009, 03:43:10 PM »

Back from a fun lunch at Genghis Cohen.  Have been dealing with e-mails and whatnot and getting ready for the official announcement of God's Little Acre.  Also, someone is coming to audition at around four - after that, the rest of the day is mine all mine.  What Blu-Ray I watch tonight is unknown at this time.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2009, 03:49:04 PM »

We now have three more releases from MGM coming - our next is a never-before-released score by a favorite composer of mine (and most of what he composed did not end up in the film), followed by a two-fer, two films from the same director and star, but not the same composer.  Followed by another two-fer, also two films from the same director/star and also by two separate composers.  I have a few other things I'm looking into after that and will, in fact, try to line up releases to take us to the end of the year.  It's a lot of fun!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2009, 03:50:46 PM »

Plus we do have a couple of show releases lined up for the next few months, for our show collectors.

George

« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

Plus we do have a couple of show releases lined up for the next few months, for our show collectors.

Thank you. :)

George

« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2009, 03:52:56 PM »

After what I've read on-line this morning ("Tony Squeezes Out Drama"), I've decided that I will be boycotting the Tony broadcast this year. 

Yes, I find the trends in this year's Tony broadcast unpleasant as well.

There was supposed to be a Jerry Herman medley sung by Ron Raines, Audra MacDonald and others that was arranged and orchestrated by Larry Blank before they cut it this week from the show.

This is a travesty!  A TRAVESTY, I tell ya!! >:(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2009, 04:06:05 PM »

I had the weirdest dream last night about grocery shopping.  I never, ever leave my purse in the cart (like a lot of women do), but did in my dream.  Of course, it disappeared and the store's security guy was very helpful.  He eventually found my purse and only 2 things had been disturbed - my Starbucks card was gone and my "Hail to the Victors" cell phone ringtone had been replaced with Elvis singing, "Love Me, Tender."  All my cash and credit cards and really important IDs were undisturbed.

Wonder what DR JRand's Dream-o-matic will have to say...

Jeepers!  That was one very "specific" dream, DR Ginny!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2009, 04:06:09 PM »

We now have three more releases from MGM coming - our next is a never-before-released score by a favorite composer of mine (and most of what he composed did not end up in the film), followed by a two-fer, two films from the same director and star, but not the same composer.  Followed by another two-fer, also two films from the same director/star and also by two separate composers.  I have a few other things I'm looking into after that and will, in fact, try to line up releases to take us to the end of the year.  It's a lot of fun!

In case you didn't notice, the natives are restless over at the A&M site.  I'm sure the resident expert has contacted you.  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2009, 04:07:30 PM »

....enhanced......interrogation.......techniques......good......

Yes, it's always the female politicians who get thumbs-down, jeers and sneers from the menfolk!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: June 03, 2009, 04:08:39 PM »

BK, any thoughts on releasing the soundtrack for 1959's DAY OF THE OUTLAW? Music by Alexander Courage.

I love, love, love (that is 3 loves) the music from that film.
Of course it is United Artists rather then MGM, so it is more a hypothetical question I guess.

JMK

« Reply #132 on: June 03, 2009, 04:10:06 PM »

....enhanced......interrogation.......techniques......good......

Yes, it's always the female politicians who get thumbs-down, jeers and sneers from the menfolk!

Especially the ones under CIA mind control, hint, hint, nudge, nudge, say n'more.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: June 03, 2009, 04:29:51 PM »

Jrand, great photos from KISS ME KATE.  However, I guess Dylan never read what Dear Abby had to say about buxom girls wearing polka dots!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: June 03, 2009, 04:31:23 PM »

I will soon be on my way to a brief rehearsal.

I know some guys I would like to have a brief rehearsal with.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2009, 04:51:53 PM »

I had the weirdest dream last night about grocery shopping.  I never, ever leave my purse in the cart (like a lot of women do), but did in my dream.  Of course, it disappeared and the store's security guy was very helpful.  He eventually found my purse and only 2 things had been disturbed - my Starbucks card was gone and my "Hail to the Victors" cell phone ringtone had been replaced with Elvis singing, "Love Me, Tender."  All my cash and credit cards and really important IDs were undisturbed.

Wonder what DR JRand's Dream-o-matic will have to say...

The other day I was in Office Depot shopping for, well, office products.  I was comparing two different products that were located on separate aisles.  While I was looking this woman accompanied by four or five teenage children and pushing a cart with a two year old child in it along with a lot of, well, office products; desended upon my end of the store.  As I was looking at one of the products they all swarmed down the aisle where I was shopping.  Trying to avoid the crush I moved to the other aisle to look at the similar product.  When I turned to leave this area of the store, I found the crowd blocking my exit aisle.  Moving to the next aisle I found that she had deposited the shopping cart containing her child and her purse in the middle of the next aisle.  Since I work for Children's Services and not wanting to get accused of any wrong doing, I backtracked two aisles the other direction to avoid going past the unattended child.  Seeing me now at her end of the aisle, the woman suddenly remembered her abandoned shopping cart.  Making sure that she was staring at me while she said it, she yelled to one of her children, "David, quick go watch my purse!"

WTF?  She has a two year old child that she has left unattended and forgotten until that moment, and her only concern is for her purse??
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:16:07 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: June 03, 2009, 05:15:16 PM »

You Tube has a new supposedly must-see video that over 1.6 million people have already watched.  Although I thought it was kind of sweet, I, frankly, wasn't terrbly moved by it.  However, anyone who enjoys seeing a very beautiful looking man and his muscles, I highly recommend it.  You can go to youtube and type in ONE MAN. ONE DREAM. ONE CHANCE.; or hopefully you can click on this link to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iIYRZWBd9Y

(And damn I wish my name was Loren.)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: June 03, 2009, 05:18:35 PM »

I am currently going thru withdrawl.  Since my dental procedure today was mostly cosmetic, I can not have any of my cranberry juice for three long hours.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #138 on: June 03, 2009, 05:26:03 PM »

I am currently going thru withdrawl.  Since my dental procedure today was mostly cosmetic, I can not have any of my cranberry juice for three long hours.

We all have our burdens to bear.

;)

DAW

« Reply #139 on: June 03, 2009, 05:27:00 PM »

I know some guys I would like to have a brief rehearsal with.

Ah, but do you have their phone numbers?

Michael

« Reply #140 on: June 03, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,

TO DR JOSE'S FIRST PRODUCER!

Shouldn't that be CO-PRODUCER?

There were two needed to produce this long running hit! :-)
Never stop dreaming.

DAW

« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2009, 05:40:56 PM »

(And damn I wish my name was Loren.)

That can be arranged.      :)

DAW

« Reply #142 on: June 03, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »

BACH lovers, REJOICE!!!!!!!   :)  :)  :)

Laura

« Reply #143 on: June 03, 2009, 05:56:27 PM »

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids, TCB.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #144 on: June 03, 2009, 06:03:40 PM »

Some people shouldn't be allowed to have kids, TCB.

Or purses, for that matter.

DR TCB's story made me shudder for so many reasons.  At least mine was a dream, not this nightmarish reality.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #145 on: June 03, 2009, 06:04:39 PM »

I was reading a 1947 ad for the Council of Candy of the National Confectioners' Association.   (Who knew there was a Council of Candy?) The large copy reads, "It's true...Most everybody likes Candy!"

Their slogan is "Candy is delicious food.  Eat some everyday."

Now why can't I get a job writing scintillating ads like that?!?!
I like boat races.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: June 03, 2009, 06:23:03 PM »

I was reading a 1947 ad for the Council of Candy of the National Confectioners' Association.   (Who knew there was a Council of Candy?) The large copy reads, "It's true...Most everybody likes Candy!"

Their slogan is "Candy is delicious food.  Eat some everyday."

Now why can't I get a job writing scintillating ads like that?!?!

It is obvious that you could.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: June 03, 2009, 06:28:12 PM »

We need more posts!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: June 03, 2009, 06:29:23 PM »

Did anyone click on that link I posted.  Actually I thought M. Barnum would enjoy it.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: June 03, 2009, 06:29:42 PM »

One more.......................
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up