Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YAHOOS  (Read 12008 times)

DAW

Re: THE YAHOOS
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2009, 12:21:01 PM »

I was never approached with the drill-like device

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2009, 12:52:36 PM »

Question???

I purchased a relatively new SONY BLU RAY DISC PLAYER(BDP S-350) Will I have trouble with playing any Blu Ray Discs from the past or the future ???

This is the model I purchased last last year.  No worries, no problems.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2009, 12:52:36 PM »

JMK, I suspect that she was actually a CIA operative and was planting some sort of electronical device in you so as to watch, and eventually control, your every move.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2009, 12:54:46 PM »

Betsy's Worst Nightmare Department:  I had my first-ever "stress test" today, where I did an impossibly high angle incline treadmill test that increased in speed until I reached my target heartrate.  Because I have been doing the treadmill at the gym regularly for the past year plus, it took quite a while to get me up to the target heartrate.  I evidently have the heart of a 30 year old, encased in a somewhat more decrepit body.  ;)  So I'll be around for a while.

I also had weird dreams last night--I dreamt I was going in for an operation and Sasha Baron Cohen was my doctor.  No joke.  He kept poking shots full of novocaine and the like into me all over.  It was most disturbing.

This confirms it:  You ARE a lesbian!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #94 on: June 03, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »

"The neighbor" next to the development has discovered his handy, dandy little Yamaha keyboard has the most incredible sampled scream as one of the patches.  Said neighbor is testing it repeatedly as potential buyers show up.  ;)

I think you'll need a little more than that to be "more annoyed by neighbor noise" than BK.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: June 03, 2009, 01:17:10 PM »

After what I've read on-line this morning ("Tony Squeezes Out Drama"), I've decided that I will be boycotting the Tony broadcast this year. 

Yes, I find the trends in this year's Tony broadcast unpleasant as well.

There was supposed to be a Jerry Herman medley sung by Ron Raines, Audra MacDonald and others that was arranged and orchestrated by Larry Blank before they cut it this week from the show.

Lucky you didn't do the orchestrations, or I would be outside Radio City Sunday night with a picket sign.

And I would be inside with a gun!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: June 03, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »

DR elmore3003, congratulations on discharging your duties. 

***RE VIBE$***
to you and your bothers brothers!!!

I believe it is one brother and one bother.

This wins today's jackpot!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: June 03, 2009, 01:18:39 PM »

Betsy's Worst Nightmare Department:  I had my first-ever "stress test" today, where I did an impossibly high angle incline treadmill test that increased in speed until I reached my target heartrate.  Because I have been doing the treadmill at the gym regularly for the past year plus, it took quite a while to get me up to the target heartrate.  I evidently have the heart of a 30 year old, encased in a somewhat more decrepit body.  ;)  So I'll be around for a while.

I also had weird dreams last night--I dreamt I was going in for an operation and Sasha Baron Cohen was my doctor.  No joke.  He kept poking shots full of novocaine and the like into me all over.  It was most disturbing.

You were hoping he'd treat you like Eminem?

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #98 on: June 03, 2009, 01:25:33 PM »

Question???

I purchased a relatively new SONY BLU RAY DISC PLAYER(BDP S-350) Will I have trouble with playing any Blu Ray Discs from the past or the future ???

I'm not sure if that is the Sony model I had (maybe mine was the 300?), but if it is, you won't have any Profile 2 capabilities, so no BDLive, etc.   But maybe the 350 is a different model than the one I'm thinking of (I sold my Sony, so can't check).

DR JMK is wrong in this instance. The Sony 350 is a 2.0 player and fully capable of BD-Live plus the PiP capabilities of 1.1 players.

As to DR Arnold's question about updates, as long as the player reads your discs, don't worry about it. But if you get a disc that the player won't play or skips about while playing, then before you think the player is broken or the disc is defective, you might then want to try to update your player's firmware.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: June 03, 2009, 01:26:45 PM »

Question???

Where can you get discs from the future? 
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #100 on: June 03, 2009, 01:29:11 PM »

I did indeed turn on the AC late this morning, and it has been so much pleasanter inside this afternoon. Yes, I hate paying the power company the money, but for comfort, it just had to be.

I was able to go one year until July 5th before turning it on, but early June is actually about the norm.

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: June 03, 2009, 01:31:06 PM »

Once again, I spent all afternoon with Perry Mason and his cohorts. I managed to watch five or the six remaining episodes I had in the set. Glad to have only one left to watch.

Of those five, I actually got the murderer right in two out of the five episodes.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: June 03, 2009, 01:32:25 PM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Jose's Mom!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2009, 01:33:49 PM »

As for guest stars, some wonderful ones in this batch. The most famous was probably James Coburn (who ends up being the murder victim) and the most famous of the accused was a very young Louise Fletcher.

Other notable names in the batch of shows today: Richard Deacon, Corey Allen, Arthur Franz, Edward Platt, Philip Abbott, John Hoyt, Virginia Christine, and Philip Ober (again; he was also in the season premiere wearing a toupee).

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2009, 01:34:16 PM »

And the really good news: my dad's estate is settled and officially closed. I am no longer an executor. Hooray!

Now if we could sell that damned property . . .
Keep them vibes coming!

DR Elmore - funny thing, I was driving past there just about the time you posted this.  Vibes for selling it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2009, 01:36:38 PM »

Tonight, after I finish this last episode, I'll watch last night's RESCUE ME, two days' of skimming for AS THE WORLD TURNS, and then I'll probably watch APRIL IN PARIS on DVD. I was thinking I'd watch BECKET on Blu-ray, but I don't think I'll have enough time for it tonight if I want to watch LAW & ORDER at around 10:10.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2009, 01:44:43 PM »

Off to the dentist.

Okay, I am off when I am not at the dentist.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DAW

« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #108 on: June 03, 2009, 01:50:31 PM »

I will soon be on my way to a brief rehearsal.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #109 on: June 03, 2009, 01:52:15 PM »

My passport has been received for processing, so says the Government.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: June 03, 2009, 01:52:47 PM »

Right now my house is over run with people that should go home right now.  But that isn't happening.

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: June 03, 2009, 02:01:57 PM »

I'm going to write for just a bit and then back downstairs to get an early jump on my evening entertainment.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #112 on: June 03, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »

And today is my Mom's birthday, so...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!

A Very Happy Birthday to Jose's Mother!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2009, 02:08:53 PM »

Right now my house is over run with people that should go home right now.  But that isn't happening.

LOL!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2009, 02:09:43 PM »

I had the weirdest dream last night about grocery shopping.  I never, ever leave my purse in the cart (like a lot of women do), but did in my dream.  Of course, it disappeared and the store's security guy was very helpful.  He eventually found my purse and only 2 things had been disturbed - my Starbucks card was gone and my "Hail to the Victors" cell phone ringtone had been replaced with Elvis singing, "Love Me, Tender."  All my cash and credit cards and really important IDs were undisturbed.

Wonder what DR JRand's Dream-o-matic will have to say...

Laura

« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2009, 02:11:17 PM »

JMK, I think MBarnum might be right.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »

I'm looking forward to watching the "unimportant" Tony technical categories on-line as I did last year (for the first time).

I think that this will be the impetus for me to get my act together (but not take it on the road) and set up my new computer so that I can view these "unimportant" categories, also!  When I auditioned for "R&J," I specified that this Sunday was a conflict and they were able to schedule me out of that day. ;) I actually don't need to be back at rehearsal until Monday.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2009, 02:29:03 PM »

"The neighbor" next to the development has discovered his handy, dandy little Yamaha keyboard has the most incredible sampled scream as one of the patches.  Said neighbor is testing it repeatedly as potential buyers show up.  ;)

Nice neighbor! :D

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »

DR Ben - how exciting about attending the Tony Awards!  Will you file a report for BBC/Wales?

Ben

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2009, 02:37:18 PM »

DR Ben - how exciting about attending the Tony Awards!  Will you file a report for BBC/Wales?

I just finished sending Beverley an e-mail telling her that I will be attending and that I plan to send her a review. I think she will be excited as well and will play it as soon as she receives the file.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up