Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ENIGMA VARIATIONS  (Read 15834 times)

Ginny

Re: ENIGMA VARIATIONS
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2009, 05:07:12 PM »

We're in for the evening after a very nice Sunday here in Chicago.  We attended the choral Eucharist at St. James Cathedral, where Richard sang in the choir.  He stayed for a tour of the cathedral and I took off for the Hershey store for some special gifts.  We met, quite unintentionally, at the corner of Michigan Ave. & Huron St. and proceeded to the Fairmont Hotel for the ALA program on forensic librarianship, then to the Hyatt for the UM alumni reception.  Walked back to our hotel in the Loop by way of Millennium Park.

Still haven't seen Lake Michigan.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2009, 05:11:54 PM »

We're in for the evening after a very nice Sunday here in Chicago.  We attended the choral Eucharist at St. James Cathedral, where Richard sang in the choir.  He stayed for a tour of the cathedral and I took off for the Hershey store for some special gifts.  We met, quite unintentionally, at the corner of Michigan Ave. & Huron St. and proceeded to the Fairmont Hotel for the ALA program on forensic librarianship, then to the Hyatt for the UM alumni reception.  Walked back to our hotel in the Loop by way of Millennium Park.

Sounds like a nice day

Cillaliz

« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2009, 05:16:45 PM »

DR Daw, do you still like your Kindle?

DAW

« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2009, 05:30:12 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I do, indeed!  It's so very convenient, and I find that I'm reading a lot more than I used to because of it.  I just wish more books were available through Amazon.  I know there are other sites where you can acquire more of the classics; I haven't explored that yet.

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I do, indeed!  It's so very convenient, and I find that I'm reading a lot more than I used to because of it.  I just wish more books were available through Amazon.  I know there are other sites where you can acquire more of the classics; I haven't explored that yet.

thanks.  I don't know that I'll get one soon, it's on the wish list after I get the bills on my house improvements paid

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2009, 05:58:38 PM »

Back from Mr. Geissman's.  He'd already put the book into Quark and had that part done.  But that's all we did on the book itself - we'll do that next weekend.  Instead, he spent four hours on the cover - we both had the same idea about what it should be, and he futzed with the concept and then came up with a way to do it that had me completely delighted in every way.  It's very busy, but very colorful and perfect for the book.  I'm going to share it with you now, but this is a really low-rez version and know that the colors and contrast pop incredibly on the actual art itself - amazingly so.  So, here is the cover of the new novel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2009, 06:00:24 PM »

And the back cover - again, really low-rez and we're working on making the text stand out even more than it is - it's readable on the full-rez version, but Grant is going to play with it further.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2009, 06:01:29 PM »

Back from Mr. Geissman's.  He'd already put the book into Quark and had that part done.  But that's all we did on the book itself - we'll do that next weekend.  Instead, he spent four hours on the cover - we both had the same idea about what it should be, and he futzed with the concept and then came up with a way to do it that had me completely delighted in every way.  It's very busy, but very colorful and perfect for the book.  I'm going to share it with you now, but this is a really low-rez version and know that the colors and contrast pop incredibly on the actual art itself - amazingly so.  So, here is the cover of the new novel.

Very nostalgic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2009, 06:05:36 PM »

While we were working, I told Grant about what's been going on and what I'd been feeling yesterday, and what path I was thinking about taking.  He's a good friend and he got me to see instantly what I should do and not do - and he was totally right and I'm so glad he was there to listen.  I feel ever so much better now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2009, 06:06:10 PM »

We ate at the Hamburger Hamlet - we split their amazing nachos and I had a sandwich.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: July 12, 2009, 06:06:28 PM »

And now, I suppose, I'm ready for a motion picture on Blu-Ray.

Laura

« Reply #161 on: July 12, 2009, 06:19:48 PM »

Looks great, BK.

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: July 12, 2009, 06:20:57 PM »

Looks great, BK.

What she said....I like it too

FJL

« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2009, 06:24:39 PM »

Lovely artwork for the covers.

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2009, 06:33:14 PM »

Love the cover art, BK!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #165 on: July 12, 2009, 06:37:18 PM »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #166 on: July 12, 2009, 06:47:46 PM »

What hotel are you staying at & do you like it?

Ginny

« Reply #167 on: July 12, 2009, 06:50:30 PM »

We are at the Hampton Majestic on Monroe St. and we're very comfortable.  It's near the Palmer House stop on the Gale shuttle bus route.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: July 12, 2009, 06:52:56 PM »

Bruce it is nice to have friends like that.

And I guess friends should be honest... I like the concept, however your cover is a bit busy for my eyes.  The typeface on the spine, IMHO, will be very difficult to read.

Ginny

« Reply #169 on: July 12, 2009, 06:53:06 PM »

Just saw a tweet at #ala2009 that says there are 27,000 people here at ALA.

Jane

« Reply #170 on: July 12, 2009, 06:53:38 PM »

Good old Gale Shuttle bus, and you are one of the few who know the person to thank for that bus ;)

Ginny

« Reply #171 on: July 12, 2009, 06:57:49 PM »

Good old Gale Shuttle bus, and you are one of the few who know the person to thank for that bus ;)

Please tell that person "thank you" from me and the other 26,999 attendees here in Chicago!

Ben

« Reply #172 on: July 12, 2009, 06:58:50 PM »

Even though we don't use their products at my office anymore I know who (or what) Gale is because I still get e-mail blasts from them.

Jane

« Reply #173 on: July 12, 2009, 06:59:14 PM »

Please tell that person "thank you" from me and the other 26,999 attendees here in Chicago!

I will :)

Ben

« Reply #174 on: July 12, 2009, 06:59:19 PM »

I assume it's the Gale I'm thinking of.

Jane

« Reply #175 on: July 12, 2009, 07:00:30 PM »

Even though we don't use their products at my office anymore I know who (or what) Gale is because I still get e-mail blasts from them.

Gale is the reason we lived in Michigan twice.

Ben

« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2009, 07:01:28 PM »

We are back from Long Island after an unexpected trip (for me). Anthony has returned as well after acting as helper for his friend Elinor. There isn't much more he can do right now though he will probably be out there again in a couple of weeks to take her to the Elder Care lawyer so she can draw up her Health Care Proxy, make some minor changes in her will and do some other technical things.

I will be up at my usual time tomorrow morning eating oatmeal and going to the office.

As for now, goodnight.

Jane

« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2009, 07:01:52 PM »

I road the Gale shuttle once in New Orleans.  After the one time I decided to walk everywhere.  Boy was I exhausted, hot & thirsty.  It was great fun.  Almost every corner had wonderful musicians playing.

Ben

« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2009, 07:02:16 PM »

And for those of you who don't know, we're not talkin' Gale Storm ;)

Jane

« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2009, 07:02:20 PM »

'night Ben
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up