Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: SUB-HUMAN CREEPS  (Read 17817 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: SUB-HUMAN CREEPS
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2009, 01:19:09 PM »

Daw, you didn't even say what this photo was from. IT'S THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "RUBY & THE ROCKITS" TONIGHT AT 8:30 PM ON ABC FAMILY CHANNEL!! Set your DVRs!!
And Matt H. neglected to list this show as well. Mark and I have watched the show online and it's really pretty darn funny. It seems like just yesterday when Mark and I were talking to Patrick after some benefit he performed at and he told us that his brother, Shaun, was writing a show for him and David to star in together. (It was actually over a year ago.) Mark and I both thought, "yeah, like that will ever happen." I'm just shocked the day is actually here. I hope it's not cancelled after three episodes.

Patrick & David Cassidy:

I sure did. Feel free to drop by daily to add what you want from the Family Channel to my list.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2009, 01:19:27 PM »

Page Five Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #122 on: July 21, 2009, 01:22:19 PM »

I watched last night's THE CLOSER while I ate lunch. Once again Brenda is pitted against the interferring, slightly obnoxious Captain Raydor (Mary McDonnell) who's really a pain in the butt. Glad at the outcome, but the conflict within the department with the stubborn, impractical Raydor is as irritating to me as it is to Brenda!

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: July 21, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »

Then I got to work on my work project for the day: RACE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN. A kid's action movie and pretty much a remake of ESCAPE TO WITCH MOUNTAIN, it was an OK time. Special effects have advanced SO much since that 1975 movie was made, so the sci-fi stuff worked very well. Pretty good cast, too. Cirian Hinds is a good substitute for Ray Milland from the original.

Matt H.

« Reply #124 on: July 21, 2009, 01:26:25 PM »

I watched all of the bonus items, not that there was that much. There were 8 deleted/scenes, a blooper reel, and a featurette on all the hidden Easter eggs within the movie celebrating the orignal film (most of which I would have missed if the director hadn't brought them to our attention in this little feature.)

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2009, 01:27:17 PM »

I had time to go through today's soap opera list. I began with THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS which offered nothing of interest today with the Adam, Phillip, or Rafe storylines.

Matt H.

« Reply #126 on: July 21, 2009, 01:28:37 PM »

AS THE WORLD TURNS certainly had the boys in focus today and the increasing information about Noah's faculty advisor, whom we learn today is, in fact, gay, and on the verge of breaking up with his partner of many years.

Matt H.

« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2009, 01:29:42 PM »

Fish was front and center in today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE and Layla finally put together the clues and figured out what's going on with her new "boy friend." Interesting to see the follow-up to today's possible revelation.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2009, 01:43:33 PM »

Condolences to DR Ron Pulliam.

I never knew the lady who died. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2009, 01:46:53 PM »

Daw, you didn't even say what this photo was from. IT'S THE SERIES PREMIERE OF "RUBY & THE ROCKITS" TONIGHT AT 8:30 PM ON ABC FAMILY CHANNEL!! Set your DVRs!!
And Matt H. neglected to list this show as well. Mark and I have watched the show online and it's really pretty darn funny. It seems like just yesterday when Mark and I were talking to Patrick after some benefit he performed at and he told us that his brother, Shaun, was writing a show for him and David to star in together. (It was actually over a year ago.) Mark and I both thought, "yeah, like that will ever happen." I'm just shocked the day is actually here. I hope it's not cancelled after three episodes.

Amy, I'm curious about your comment "yeah, like that will ever happen."   Did you have doubts Shaun would write this show?  Is there a history...?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Amy

« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2009, 02:07:35 PM »

Amy, I'm curious about your comment "yeah, like that will ever happen."   Did you have doubts Shaun would write this show?  Is there a history...?

Honestly, it just sounded too good to be true. No, it's not that I doubted Shaun would write it. Shaun has written quite a few shows that have never made it on the air. (So, I guess there is a history there.) As I'm sure everyone knows, just getting a pilot made is difficult enough, but then the odds of it getting "picked up" are even rarer. Shaun also wrote another show this year called "Inseparable" - a one-hour drama. The pilot was taped, but not picked up.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: July 21, 2009, 02:11:18 PM »

I'm hopping off-line now to get some writing done, and then I'll head back down to begin evening viewing. I'll likely be watching more things from the DVR tonight before TORCHWOOD comes on. I doubt I'll get another movie watched today.

WBBL.

DAW

« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2009, 02:20:22 PM »

DAW evidently said very little

I'm a man of few words.        :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 21, 2009, 02:20:59 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely lunch at Musso and Frank.  I picked up packages (quite a few today, but still not all), and now I suppose I'll proof away.  I'm still a little weird about yesterday - I guess it will just take however long it takes to pass.

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: July 21, 2009, 02:23:24 PM »

DR MattH that would be okay with me if they had a summer Hell's Kitchen and didn't have the Fall one. As it is most of the reality shows i watch have Fall editions.

And since So You Think You Can Dance is having a Fall edition, i'm not sure what will happen in Canada. Because we have a SYTYCD canada. They are starting it on aug 11th. But obviously the seasons will overlap (we get them both on the same station here). Perhaps i'll have to watch the US version on Fox.

Laura

« Reply #135 on: July 21, 2009, 02:28:03 PM »

It will take a while for the anger to go away, BK. I'm sure it's normal.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: July 21, 2009, 02:35:56 PM »

It's not even anger, really - just a weird feeling I can't seem to shake easily.  Well, there might be a little anger, in that I'd like to kill the sons of bitches.  But just a little.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: July 21, 2009, 02:36:14 PM »

Speaking of that, I better go to the police station and sign the report.

MBarnum

« Reply #138 on: July 21, 2009, 03:05:22 PM »

Seeing as how I am now seething with anger due to the fact that my refinance did not go through, and nobody at Bank of America could bother to let me know this rather important fact, nor could they bother to return my multiple phone messages over the last several weeks wherein I was trying to find out why everything was taking quite so long, I can correctly chime in on the TOD....

I would play very sad, emotional music...

or, watch a very emotional film....

or lie down and take a nap with Bosco and Freddie.

Laura

« Reply #139 on: July 21, 2009, 03:13:13 PM »

Aww, I'm sorry, MBarnum.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2009, 03:17:38 PM »

That's too bad about the refinance, Michael.  Hopefully, you can find another bank or credit union and get a lower rate...this could be an opportunity. :D

Hopefully.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: July 21, 2009, 03:19:48 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: July 21, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »

We also sang the Pledge of Allegiance each morning as well, but that's a story for another day.     :)

Sang?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2009, 03:27:33 PM »

Just heard a major tropical depression is on its way. That means a lot of rain. I hope it arrives after I leave on my brief trip on Thursday.

I have had a few topical depressions along the way.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2009, 03:39:55 PM »

... but no one even knows who Patrick Cassidy is, despite all the work he's done. He's never really experienced that strangers-recognizing-him-in-a-grocery-store type of fame. He's has done a great job of being pretty regularly employed throughout his acting career, just not famous...

He's made a small career out of playing in touring companies of "Joseph":

We took the grandlads to see him in Philadelphia and a grand time was had by all

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »

I watched last night's THE CLOSER while I ate lunch. Once again Brenda is pitted against the interfering, slightly obnoxious Captain Raydor (Mary McDonnell) who's really a pain in the butt. Glad at the outcome, but the conflict within the department with the stubborn, impractical Raydor is as irritating to me as it is to Brenda!

Raydor may be "off-putting", to put it mildly, but the logic of her position is compelling: her recitation of the consequences of LAPD's Rampart Scandal was spot-on; her concern the Brenda's tunnel-vision zeal to solve her one case could lead to events that would put in jeopardy hundreds of other cases was valid.

der Brucer

Raydor's parting line, "And I have my own car." shows she can play at Brenda's level.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2009, 03:56:48 PM »

I watched last night's THE CLOSER while I ate lunch. Once again Brenda is pitted against the interfering, slightly obnoxious Captain Raydor (Mary McDonnell) who's really a pain in the butt. Glad at the outcome, but the conflict within the department with the stubborn, impractical Raydor is as irritating to me as it is to Brenda!

Raydor may be "off-putting", to put it mildly, but the logic of her position is compelling: her recitation of the consequences of LAPD's Rampart Scandal was spot-on; her concern the Brenda's tunnel-vision zeal to solve her one case could lead to events that would put in jeopardy hundreds of other cases was valid.

der Brucer

Raydor's parting line, "And I have my own car." shows she can play at Brenda's level.

Nice to see you posting again, derBrucer.  Hopefully Woody is feeling better.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »

An impromptu Shaun Cassidy DA DOO RON RON dance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ste4hMv2zD0

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2009, 03:58:21 PM »

I have always liked Patrick Cassidy.  I only wish that he liked me in the same way.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »

One more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up